Chapter 12: Confrontation

A Reincarnation Romance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Hee was still in shock as Hyun's lips was on hers. But the kiss was short as he slowly pulls himself away. "To tell you the truth, I have never like someone who is above my status. You are my first," he mumbles as he scratch his neck, still blushing. "What do you mean?" asked Jin Hee. "I have a secret to tell you. I.........I like you," he confessed with eyes shut. Jin Hee just gasp quietly. "Not just because of your beauty but because of your kind heart and love towards someone like me, other than my teacher," Hyun added on. "These shoes I bought are not just to repay for your kindness but because of my love for you."

"Oh, Hyun.......I.....don't know what to say," said Jin Hee. "It is really sweet of you. But......I don't know if we can be together." Hyun stare at her. "Why couldn't we? Just because of our status?" Jin Hee nod her head silently. Hyun, with a smile, held her cheek. "There is no rule that says a noblewoman cannot fall in love with a low born person. Whether Master Yoon likes it or not, we can still be together. And to avoid rumors, we can do it privately." Then, Hyun began to lean closer to Jin Hee's ear. "You know what? I'm glad I got to share my first kiss with you."

Jin Hee chuckles nervously, because this kiss wasn't his first and she knew. "Um, Hyun. About this kiss, it's......not your first." Hyun was confused. "What do you mean?" he asked. But before Jin Hee could continue, a servant came up to them. "Oh, there you are, my lady! I was looking all over for you!" he said, breathing heavily. "What happened?" asked Jin Hee. "Master.....Master Yoon......is looking for you and Hyun! He's quite upset! You have to go and see him now!" the servant replied. Jin Hee and Hyun left to go home.

 

Sang Ok was at the pavilion, drinking. He was also holding something in his hand. When he saw the couple, he showed a sinister smile. "Ah! Welcome back! Did you have a good time?" he greeted. "Sang Ok? What's going on? Why did you call us here?" asked Jin Hee. "It's because of this," Sang Ok replied as he showed a painting. 

"That's mine! What's wrong with the painting, sir? Does it need to be adjusted?" asked Hyun. "Oh no! No adjustment is needed. Take a good look and what do you see in the painting," said Sang Ok. Hyun glance at the painting. After a few looks, his memory started returning. The man in the painting is him and the woman with him is.......Jin Hee! "What? Lady Yoon?! I don't remember doing this to her!" he gasped.

Sang Ok laughs and drank his tea. "Ooh. It seems like you don't remember. Jin Hee, my dear. Would you mind telling our poor painter what happened?" Hyun then look at Jin Hee, who is hanging her head down. "My lady, what is going on?" he asked. Jin Hee heaved out her breath before telling him. "That night when you were drunk, I was there. You were ranting a lot of nonsense. And......you kissed me and started stripping me as if you want to have with me."

Hyun was disbelief and shock after she told him the truth. "So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter