Chapter 8

Love under the Plum Blossom

[Nine Heavens]

Three days later...

"Jungkook!"

Everyone surrounded Jungkook who just woke up.

"Jungkook, you're finally awake."

The Heavenly Lord stood outside the study with Hoseok.

"Hoseok."

"Father Mornarch, please ask."

"I have been thinking recently, have I been too harsh on Jungkook? His entire life was lived based on my expectations of him. When he first learned how to sit, he was brought to the study and forced to sit down for 14 hours straight. He was too young and could not read the words. He cried once in front of his mother and his mother came over to beg me. I was furious because a compassionate mother will raise a weak kid. From then until he became a High God at 20,000 years old, he never saw his mother again."

Hoseok stepped forward, "Since Father Mornarch asked I shall answer. When people mention the Crown Prince of the Heavenly Tribe, they have much to praise about him but in my eyes, he is just a poor kid. He had always been alone all his life, since young he did not have any friends to play with. Not to keep it for you, I have sometimes mocked Jungkook secretly, that he never lived his life fully. Not even experiencing love, but when he met Eun whom he wanted to truly love.. it ended like this."

The Heavenly Lord sighed and looked at Jungkook's pavilion.


[Thousands Valley]

The Fox King and Queen arrived with Seokjin and Yerin greeted them.

"Your Highnesses."

The Fox Queen looked at Yerin, "You are...?"

Yerin smiled, "I am the Butterfly Mornarch and disciple of the Thousands Valley."

The Fox Queen smiles, "Right, Eunha mentioned you."

"Follow me, I'll bring you to Eunha."

Yerin led them to the bed where Eunha laid down on and left. The Fox Queen rushed over to Eunha as the Fox King stood next to her.

The Fox Queen carrassed Eunha's cheeks, "This child has always valued relationships. Taehyung was her Master for just 20,000 years but she sacrificed herself to seal the Ghost Lord again. Oh Lord, this is a joke? Her cultivation this time was a relationship catastrophe again."

Namjoon sighed, "When Eunha woke up, she asked Yerin for wine and the amnesia potion from me. When she asked for those.. her eyes were blank and she seemed so heartbroken. If she wakes up and forgets everything that happened now, it would be best for her."

Namjoon turned to them, "We'll just pretend we don't know anything. Just that even if I healed her eyes, she can't see bright lights."

The Fox Queen glanced at Seokjin, "I do not know how to lie, how to let her believe this. Will depend on you."

"Me? Me again?"

"Why? Unwilling?"

Seokjin sighed, "I don't dare, I'll do as you ask."

Yu looked at his wife, "Why do we have to hide it from her? This is the hardships of becoming a High God. Previously, the many of them have experienced it. Just that this doll is full of scars, it is indeed heartbreaking to see."

The Fox Queen sighs, "Stop it, what do you know? If she could take it, she wouldn't go and ask Namjoon for an amnesia potion. This is for the better, if she wants to forget it let her forget it then."

Namjoon nods, "That's right, just tell her that she had a huge battle with the Ghost Lord and got injured, slept at Thousands Valley with Yerin taking care of her. As for the eyes, just say she has this problem since birth, it was hidden and after the battle it came again."

The Fox Queen nods, "Okay, let's say it this way then. Do you remember it?"

Yu nods, "I did."

Yerin came in with cups of tea and served them.

"Thank you for helping Eunha."

Yerin smiled towards the Fox Queen, "She is my friend, just that her eyes can't see bright things.."

The Fox Queen sighed.

Yerin turned to Yu, "Fox King, go to the Netherlands and use the dim light to create a white sash for Eunha to wear."

Yu nods, "Okay I'll go now."

The Fox Queen watches as her husband leaves before turning back to pat Eunha.

"My Parents sure listen to you."

Namjoon and Seokjin came out of the room.

"How did all of you meet?"

Namjoon chuckled, "I looked up to your mom first but your mom wanted to be together with your corny dad. I had a battle with your dad for a few days and found out our characters are similar. So we just decided to be sworn brothers."

Seokjin nods.

"So you should thank me, if I did not give up on your mother. Would all of you exist now?"

Namjoon smirks, "Old Phoenix, my mother would not like you."

"Old phoenix?" Namjoon stepped closer, "Seokjin, do you remember when you were 1 years old, you insisted on climbing onto my lap to kiss me?"

Seokjin blushed, "Old Phoenix, using my 1 year old self against me, is there a reason?"

Namjoon smirked, "It's fun."


[Nine Heavens]

Jieun sat down on Jungkook's bed as Jungkook continued stoning and not speaking.

Tears filled Jieun's eyes, "Jungkook.. don't keep mum. Mother can't bear to see you like this."

She took out a bottle, "Jungkook, here. Mother got a potion that erases your relationship, drink it and forget Eun. Become the Crown Prince again. I don't wish for you to have a great achievement, I just want you to live properly."

Jungkook finally spoke, "I do not wish to forget her."


[Thousands valley]

A petal landed on Eunha's cheek as she brushed her face and opened her eyes. Due to the bright light, she squinted as she stood up.

"You slept pretty well."

Eunha looked around, "Where am I?"

"You don't recongise Thousands Valley?"

"Fourth Brother. What's wrong with my eyes? Why can't I see well..?"

Seokjin sat down next to Eunha, "Don't fret. Namjoon and Yerin are also worrying for your eyes. It will be fine in a while, but you can't see things that are too bright."

"Why didn't I have this condition in the past?"

"This condition has been here since birth, but it was hidden for the past few years. After the huge battle with the Ghost Lord, it came up again." Seokjin pulled out a white sash, "But, Father used the dim light from the Netherlands and made a sash to help block the lights for you. If you go to places with bright lights, it will appear automatically. It will block the light and not affect your view."

Eunha took the sash and place it over her eyes, the sash disappeared and traced her eyes, she opened her eyes again.

"My High Goddess Eunha, you're awake!"

"High Goddess?"

Seokjin waved his hands, "Look at your soul. You have been elevated to the High Goddess."

Eunha smiled, "I only had a battle with the Ghost Lord, it's that easy to become a High Goddess."

"Well you did help the Heavenly Tribes. You have good luck."

Eunha then stood up, "I slept for so long, I haven't seen master in a while."

Seokjin sighed as Eunha ran off to the cave where Taehyung's body was. She ran to the cave and entered to see Yerin wiping Taehyung's body.

"You're awake."

Eunha smiled as Yerin got up and Eunha kneeled next to Taehyung's body.

"Master, I've come to see you again."

Eunha looked at Taehyung, "I slept for so long yet Master's body has not changed."

Yerin smiled, "Probably because Taehyung is waking up soon."

Eunha smiled and nod, glancing at Taehyung again


[Fox Cave]

Minju was walking around anxiously as Eunha and Namjoon entered.

"Minju? What's wrong?"

Minju ran up to Eunha and bow, "Great Lady, you're finally back! Young Highness came back from the Nine Heavens, she had tears in her eyes but she won't let them fall. Ever since she came back to the cave, she refused to speak a word and just kept drinking, Eunji and I tried to stop her but- Great Lady, just go and see her."

Eunha sighed and walked to one of the holes where Yewon was at. Seokjin was sitting down and Yewon was on the floor, leaning against Seokjin's thigh, staring into space. Eunji was standing next to them and sighing, Eunji turned to see Eunha.

Eunji kneeled down and stood up, "Great Lady."

Eunha nodded, "Yewon.."

Yewon lifted her head, "Aunt.."

Eunha sighed, "Yewon, why did you drink so much?"

"I know drinking i bad for me, but if I don't drink my heart feels heavy and I want to cry. I can't cry in front of the Emperor, or anyone else. So I can only cry here."

Namjoon let out a chuckled which caused Eunha to send him glares, Namjoon then hid his smiles.

Eunha sighed, "Fourth Brother, leave this to me."

Seokjin nods, "Alright then, I'll leave it to you then. I am unsure of what you girls think anyway."

Seokjin stood up and left with Namjoon. Minju and Eunji stood next to the bed as Eunha sat down on the bed.

"Say it then. What happened during these few years. Aunt will help you solve them."

Yewon nods, "It was that day, when aunt left me at the Thousands Valley, then the Emperor came...."


[Jade Blossom Palace-Renamed after Eun left]

Galla's cries could be heard from outside as guards stood out to guard the palace.

Nari was holding Galla and trying to soothe him, "Don't cry.. don't cry... I know what you are crying for. The lady who caused your mother to lose her eyes and her life is getting married to your Father today."

Galla's cries were even louder.

"If she did not jump down the Immortal Execution Platform, prehaps the one who will enter the Pure Water Palace would be her and not the woman who harmed her. Alright alright... let's not cry."

Nari continued soothing Galla as she bounced him.


[Fox Cave]

Yewon leaned against Eunha's chest and hugged her, Eunha put an arm around her.

"Aunt.. Why do I like Emperor Yoongi?"

Eunha sighed, "You ask me, who should I ask? I want to ask you. You are Green Hill's only princess but you fell for the one whom was once the ruler of Heaven and Earth, Emperor Yoongi. You must know that before your parents were born, Emperor Yoongi was already the ruler of Heaven and Earth."

Yewon nods, "Sanha told me."

"But you still wanted to go for it?"

"If this logic can let me forget him." Yewon sat up, "Aunt, have you ever liked anyone? Were you like me?"

Eunha sighed as she recalled Eunwoo, "I did.."

"Really? In this Four Seas and Eight Realms, there is someone whom can let aunt look up to? Any stories?"

"At Thousand Valley.." Eunha chuckled, "Forget it, it is embarrassing to say anyway."

Yewon smiled, "Anyway.. You are getting married with the Crown Prince Jungkook."

"What?"

Eunha glanced at Minju and Eunji.

"The Heavenly Lord and Fox King ordered this marriage in front of the many immortals of all the realms and seas. So it will be different to reject this marriage."

Eunha sighed, "How does my Father and Mother think? I finally rejected the marriage with that second prince and now the Crown Prince."

"Aunt give up already! This marriage won't be as easy to reject."

Eunha then remembered Yewon scolding Yuna, "I heard you went to scold Yuna."

Yewon nods, "I just wanted to find something to do anyway.. if not I'd feel sad."

Eunha sighed, "You tough nut."


[Pure Water Palace]

Jungkook sat down and sighed, "Eun.. where can I find you?"

He looked at the soul searching lamp which was left behind and sighed.

"Your Highness, Lady Yeri is getting ready to enter the Pure Water Palace."

Jungkook got up and went out as the marriage carriage appeared. Yeri came out of it and she was so happy to see Jungkook's back facing her. Jungkook turned around as a sword appeared, he stabbed Yeri in the chest as the servants kneeled.

"Crown Prince, cease your anger!"

Yeri held onto her chest, "Why.."

Jungkook closed to door behind him. Moments later, Sua came running over begging him to go see Yeri.

"Crown Prince, my Lady says she has a way to save the mortal! Please go and see her."

With that Jungkook went to find Yeri in her old chambers.

Jungkook approach her with cold eyes as Yeri smiled when she saw him. Seperated by a visible barrier as Sua kneeled next to Yeri.

"Say what you want to say."

Yeri smiled, "Jungkook, today was supposed to be our happy day as husband and wife... I have been waiting for this day for the past thousand years... Jungkook we knew each other since young, you should know that I hate her. But I still have to wish that you save her. Since young even though I was a orphan, only the thought of marrying you.. I am not willing.. not willing."

"What do you want?"

"I want to enter the Pure Water Palace, I will not lie to you.. nobody can lie to you. Using the Soul Searching Lamp."

Jungkook turned to face Yeri, "What?"

Tears formed in Yeri's eyes, "Only I know how to form the flesh and bone of that mortal..."

"Say it then."

Yeri smiled, "You agreed?"

"Yeri. You may be entering Pure Water Palace now but remember I won't marry you."

"It's okay.. as long as I get to see you, just like when we were young."

Jungkook nod, "Alright, say it then. I promise you."

"Thank you Crown Prince." Yeri smiled, "As long as you use something that has come in contact with that mortal in the Soul Searching Lamp and let it burn, it will slowly absorb the breath of the mortal and then make a copy out of it."

Jungkook then turned around and walked off.

"Jungkook! Don't you want to see her?"

Yugyeom came inside, "The Crown Prince let me bring you to enter the Pure Water Palace."

Yeri smiled.

"But he has one word, the Pure Water Palace will only have Lady Eun. When Lady Yeri enters the Pure Water Palace, you cannot step close to the Jade Blossom Palace nor can you step close to the Imperial Great-Grandson."

Yeri nods, "Yes.. As long as he allows Yeri to enter the Pure Water Palace, I am willing to listen to his command!"

Yugyeom bowed as two guards came in to lead Yeri. Yeri smiled as she finally got her wish.

Jungkook found Eun's old clothes and took a stick, holding the clothes close to the lamp as the clothes caught a flame which turned purple and started to burn. The purple smoke from the flame left the Nine Heavens and reached Seokjin's Ten Miles Plum Blossom Forest.


[Ten Miles Plum Blossom Forest]

Namjoon and Seokjin were inside their shared hut when they felt some strong gushes of wind. 

"What's going on?"

They both came out and saw strong wind in the form of spirals, pushing up the Plum Blossom petals up to the Nine Heavens. Namjoon stepped closer to have a look as he tried to figure out what was going on.

The petals led up towards the Nine Heavens and strong gushes of wind blew Seokjin and Namjoon's long hair.


[Pure Water Palace]

Jungkook was left with nothing but ashes from the burnt clothes he burnt. He sighed and placed the stick down, staring at the lamp as if all hope lost. Suddenly, a plum blossom petal landed on his desk as more followed, he came out to see no Eun, but a rain of plum blossom petals, remembering his promise to Eun, he held out his hand and caught a petal.

"Right... Eun I'll plant a plum blossom forest for you!"

He went and planted many plum blossom trees in the Jade Blossom Palace.


[Northern Mountains]

Jungkook carried the baby Galla to the hut where he met Eun and stayed there for a while as his promise to take care of Galla. He smiled as he looked at the snowy skies while he carried Galla.

'Eun, I kept my promise to you.'

300 years later...

The grown up Galla ran down from the bridge at the hut and grabbed Jungkook's leg. Every year Jungkook decided to bring Galla to the mountains on the day he met Eun, deciding to celebrate her birthday on that day.

"Father! I caught you!"

Jungkook smiled and pat Galla's hand as he held Galla's hand and walked towards the hut.


[Pure Water Palace]

'My name is Galla and I was born 300 years ago. People in the Nine Heavens call me Little Imperial Great-Grandson. My father is the Imperial Grandson and the Crown Prince of the Celestial Tribe, Jungkook. My mother's name is Eun. She is a beautiful woman and a mortal. For the past 300 years, Father brings me to the Northern Mountains. He says that's where Mother made him give her his heart. Father also said Mother will return eventually.'

Galla kneels down in front of the drawing of Eun, which Jungkook drew, Eun was wearing a white sash over her face and wearing a green dress. He does a full bow.

"Mother, Father said tomorrow is the anniversary of when you met, we will treat it as your birthday. Although I thinks that it's perfunctory to do that but it is better than to not know when to celebrate your birthday. Mother, I am going to the Northern Mountains tomorrow to pick peaches, it'll be too late to wish you a happy birthday before your potrait. So I will wish you a happy birthday here now!"

Jungkook smiled as he looked at the potrait and then the lamp, 'I have lit the Soul Searching Lamp for the past 300 years.. Eun, where are you?'


[Northern Mountains]

Galla smiled as he entered Eun and Jungkook's old house, jumping on the bed with Jungkook and Yugyeom following.

"Mother, Galla is here at the place where you and Father got married again!"

He smiled and jump into Jungkook's arms. Jungkook carried him and sat on the bed.

"Father, can I live here for a few days?"

Jungkook nods, "Okay."

Galla nods and went off as Jungkook went to a rolled up painting that was hung up, he unrolled it to reveal a similar painting of Eun and smiled.

Galla came from behind and hugged him, "Father!"

Jungkook smiled and looked at the drawing.

"Father! Play with me!"


[Green Hill]

(A/N: To explain Green Hill, it is made up of different tiny hills around, with a huge lake in the middle, with the Fox Cave at the biggest Mountain.)

Yewon was sitting at the river dock, staring into the scenery when Minju approached her.

"Little Princess, drink some water."

Yewon did not answer.

"Young Highness?"

Yewon turned and took the water cup, "Minju.. is there anything Aunt wants? I want to give it to her for her birthday."

Minju shrugged, "I am unsure, Young Highness."

Yewon took a sip of water, "Right.. Aunt does not have any unfulfilled wishes or anything she wants."

"Unfulfilled wishes? There is one!"

Yewon placed the cup down, "What is it?"

Minju sighed, "Well.. Great Lady wants her Master to wake up."

Yewon sighs, "That I can't help... I think it would be best to think of another gift."

Minju nods, "Young Princess! Why not you go and play a song."

"Right.. thanks Minju!" 

Yewon runs off as Minju sat down and ate his nuts, watching Yewon run off.


[Northern Mountains]

Galla was walking around the Northern Mountains and looking around. He saw a little rabbit and then chased it, unknown that a monster was watching him.

"Little rabbit are you lost?"

A shadow formed behind Galla as he rolled to dodge the monster.

"How dare you follow the Imperial Great-Grandson?"

The monster chuckled, "Imperial great grandson? I'm the King himself!"

The monster started chasing Galla as Galla ran away. Lisa happened to be walking around the mountain.

"This mountain is so weird... it's as if the celestial shield has been removed."

"Help! Help!"

Lisa turned to see a monster chasing Galla, she flew in front of Galla and sent a ray of light to the monster. The monster then ran away.

Galla looks at Lisa, "Sister, are you not going to chase it?"

"This mountain is a little dangerous, it is best to be careful." Lisa turned, "What's a little immortal like you doing in the mortal world?"

Galla bowed, "Thank you for saving my life."

"Where do you stay? Do you need me to send you home?"

"I stay at a nearby hut."

"Hut?"

Galla nods.

Yugyeom kneeled in front of Jungkook and cupped his hands, "I lost the Young Highness, please punish me with death!"

Jungkook turned, "Go and look around again!"

Bambam then entered and cupped his hands, bowing, "Your Highness, he's back. His Highness is back!"

Jungkook smiled and turned to exit the hut with Yugyeom and Bambam following.

"Galla!"

Jungkook hugged Galla.

"Father!"

Jungkook broke the hug and faced Galla, "Where did you go? Why did you not bring Yugyeom?"

"You always talked about how Mother would get lost in the woods. I thought it sounded like a mystery. I went there in secret today and I got lost too." Galla tugged on Jungkook's sleeves, "Father, I also ran into a snake monster and was nearly harmed. Luckily this sister saved me."

Lisa smiled as Jungkook turned to face her.

"Don't run off by yourself again."

Galla nods.

Jungkook cupped his hands as Bambam and Yugyeom followed him bowing, "Thank you, Miss, for saving him."

Lisa nods, "It's nothing sir. You are...?"

Jungkook straightens up.

Bambam bowed, "My Lord is the Crown Prince of the Celestial Tribe, Jungkook."

"Crown Prince?" Lisa bends her knees, "Lisa greets Your Highness."

"No need to stand on ceremony."

Lisa smiles, "My older brother is the Water King of the Eastern Sea."

Jungkook looks at Lisa, "So you are Princess Lisa.. Today you saved Galla, I should repay this kindness. Is there anything you would like?"

"If I have a wish.. I just wish to stay by Your Highness' side."

Yugyeom and Bambam glanced at each other at Lisa's comment.

"Stay by my side?"

Galla looks up at Jungkook then at Lisa, "You want to marry my father?"

"No no, Young Highness please don't misunderstand. I know I am a mere princess of Eastern Sea. I cannot enter Pure Water Palace. I just wish to stay at the hut, so when you both visit, I can help serve you."

"Princess Lisa, I said I would fulfill your wish but I did not ask you to serve us.."

Lisa smiled, "This is a wish of mine. I hope Your Highness can grant me this wish."

"Father.."

Jungkook sighed, "Do you really only have this wish?"

Lisa nods.

"Then we'll make it a period of ten days. Once the ten days are over, you will leave."

"Your Highness."

Jungkook turned to Lisa, "What is it?"

Lisa bows, "I obey your command."

Jungkook then walked inside the hut holding Galla's hand with Yugyeom and Bambam following.

"Father, I don't like that sister, don't let her stay. She's clearly.. clearly trying to take Mother's position."

"Enough, Princess Lisa did save your life. Since I promised to fulfill her wishes, I will not go back on my word."

Galla released Jungkook's hand and walked towards Eun's potrait.

"Father, you said Mother will return soon. If you do this, when Mother comes back she will be angry."

"Enough, Your mother will not be coming back."

Galla had tears in his eyes, "Why? Didn't you say if the Soul Searching Lamp is lit, then Mother would come back?"

"Enough, the lamp has been extinguished, she will not be coming back."

Due to a sudden strong gush of wind, the Soul Searching Lamp suddenly extinguished. Leaving Jungkook's past efforts in vain as the new flame would not be able to have the same memories as the old and Jungkook no longer as any of Eun's items to burn.

Galla burst into tears, "Why did it extinguish? Did Yugyeom not take care of it well?"

"Alright enough. Step out."

"Father..."

Jungkook snapped, "Step out!"

Galla walked out with tears in his eyes.

Yugyeom bowed, "My Lord, please calm down. His Highness is just eager to meet Her Highness."

Jungkook sighed, "You two catch up to him quickly. Just let him cry alone for a bit."

Yugyeom and Bambam bowed, "Yes."

Galla sat down outside and was crying when Lisa approached him.

"Your Highness?"

Galla saw Lisa and ran away. Yugyeom and Bambam came from behind to chase him.

"Your Highness! Slow down!"

"Slow down!"

Lisa was confused and stopped Bambam, What's wrong with His Highness?"

Bambam sighed, "He had an argument with the Crown Prince. It is best if you don't go inside. My Lord is furious and would not wish to be interrupted."

Bambam turned and went after Yugyeom, "Your Highness!"

Galla sat down in the deep forest and took out a wooden dragonfly he made, "Dragonfly.. Father is lying to me, right? I have waiting for Mother for 300 years. Mother will surely come back, right?"

Yugyeom and Bambam stood at a safe distance.

"What's wrong? Why did the lamp suddenly extinguish?"

Bambam turned to Yugyeom, "A sudden gush of strong wind knocked over the lamp and almost set the Pure Water Palace on fire, so they had to extinguish the flame."

Yugyeom sighed, "His Highness and Young Highness waited for Her Highness for the past 300 years."

"So what if it is 300 years? Honestly, the lamp would only create someone who looks similar. It would not really be her. Extinguishing it would have it's own blessing."

Bambam and Yugyeom both turned to Galla again.