Chapter 5

Love under the Plum Blossom

[Nine Heavens]

Yeri was in her room and reading a scroll when Sua came in.

"Sua."

Sua looked up, "Yes, My Lady?"

"How can Jungkook choose a mortal over me?"

"My Lady, one day the Crown Prince will know your good."

Yeri nodded and thought of a plan, she then whispered the plan to Sua.

"My Lady, you are a genius!"

Nari brought Eun to walk around, currently Eun is heavily pregnant and could give birth anytime so Nari had to support her while walking. Sua appeared behind them and Yeri appeared before them. Eun saw Yeri and smiled.

"Are you the princess of Nine Heavens."

Yeri nods, "I am."

Yeri walks up to Eun, "How about I bring you to the Lotus Pond?"

Eun nods, "Sure."

Yeri smiled and took Eun's hand, instead of leading Eun to the Lotus Pond, she brought her to the Immortal Execution Platform. Nari was held back by Sua. By then Jungkook just came back from the war and he was then stopped by Sua who ran over to his side.

"Crown Prince! Please save my Lady."

Jungkook bend down, "What's wrong?"

"Lady Eun and My Lady are quarreling at the Immortal Execution Platform! Lady Eun threatens that she will push My Lady down."

Nari was shocked, "No, Your Highness. It's not true!"

Jungkook ran to the Immortal Execution Platform.

Yeri just then approached Eun, "If you jump down from here, you will return to where you belong. You don't belong here in the Nine Heavens."

Eun looked at Yeri, "Why are you bringing me here? Are we not supposed to be at the lotus pond?"

Yeri saw Jungkook from the side and started tugging on Eun's arm, "Don't push me!"

Eun struggled to rid of Yeri's grab and then Yeri lost her grab and almost fell down the hole on the platform. However Jungkook appears on time and caught Yeri. Yeri's eyes got harmed in the process.

Jungkook turned to Eun, "How can you be so heartless?"

Eun shook her head, "I didn't push her.. I didn't!"

Sua appeared with Nari following along with some guards.

Jungkook was angry, "Just because you had an argument doesn't mean you can push Yeri down the platform."

Eun shook her head as tears flowed down her cheeks, "I didn't push her! Why don't you trust me?"

Jungkook carried Yeri and walked off while Eun stood there shock as tears flowed down her cheeks. Nari was ordered to send Eun back and Eun was placed under house arrest.

At the Hall...

The Heavenly Lord turned to Jungkook and asked how Eun should be punished.

Jungkook cupped his hands, "I did not see the full process. But since most of you think that Eun is at fault then I will take her punishment. However, since Yeri's eyes are injured, Eun's eyes should be repayment."

"Why are you taking the punisment for Eun?"

"Because she once saved my life, and she was brought up to the Nine Heavens because of me.. Furthermore, she's pregnant."

The Heavenly Lord sighed, "Alright then Jungkook. For the next three years.. you shall take 49 strikes of lightning everyday."

Jungkook cupped his hands and bowed, "Yes, Heavenly Mornarch. But I have a request."

"Say it then."

"Let me remove Eun's eyes personally."

Eun was sitting down in her quarters when Jungkook entered.

"Go down then."

The maids all went down and close the door. Eun stood up, smiling thinking that Jungkook believed her.

"Jungkook.. you trust me right?"

Jungkook did not answer her, "Yeri's eyes are burnt and they are now damaged. The Heavenly Lord decided that you're eyes will replace hers."

Eun shook her head as tears welled up, "I didn't do it, why should I?"

Eun stepped back as Jungkook stepped closer.

"I will be the Crown prince again, and we will get married. From now on, I will be your eyes."

Eun fell on her sitting quarters as Jungkook covered her eyes. When Eun woke up her eyes were gone, she started crying as Nari came in.

"My Lady, what's wrong?"

Eun's eyes were covered by a white sash, she reached up to touch the sash.

"My eyes.... Nari, where are my eyes? My eyes!"

Eun was sobbing as Nari's tears followed her.

"My Lady!"


[Yoongi's study]

Yoongi was staring at the vase of plum blossoms at his sitting area with Sanha standing in front of him. Hoseok entered his study holding a fan.

"New flowers today?"

Sanha chuckled, "It was made by the new maidservant."

Hoseok smiled, "Maidservant?"

Sanha nods, "Would you like to see her?"

Hoseok nods as Sanha went and got Yewon. Yewon kneeled down, placed her hands in front of her and touched her forehead on her heads.

"Maidservant greets Emperor Yoongi and the Third Prince."

Hoseok glances at her, "Stand up and let me see."

Yewon stood up and locked eyes with Yoongi, "What does the Third Prince want to see?"

Eunbi entered behind, "The Third Prince is the famous playboy in the Nine Heavens. Of course he would want to see the your face."

Hoseok glanced at Eunbi as she enters.

"Right, I want to see your face. If it is just like what Sanha said, the beauty that would make him shocked."

Sanha turned to Hoseok then Yewon and Eunbi, "No, I never said it before."

Hoseok nudged Sanha, "Right Sanha?"

Sanha let out a sigh and closed his eyes, "Yes.. whatever the Third Prince says."

Eunbi turned to Yoongi and bend her knees, "Eunbi greets the Emperor."

Yoongi glanced at them, "Have you guys agreed? To start a play in my study today?"

Eunbi chuckled, "What do you mean? Sanha do you know?"

Sanha sighed, "No."

"Third Prince?"

Hoseok looked at Eunbi, "I really don't."

Yoongi gave a slight smirk and left. Yewon turned as she watched Yoongi left.

Eunbi nudged Yewon, "Seriously, when you saw the Emperor. Why did you not bring out your Mornach vibe?"

Sanha sighed, "Wasn't it because of you, Flower Mornarch. I finally found a plan to bring Young Highness in front of the Emperor."

Hoseok closed his fan, "Wait, You know her?"

Eunbi and Sanha nod, "Yes, of course."

"Then she is..?"

Yewon glanced at Hoseok, "Kim Yewon of Green Hill."

Hoseok sighed, "Are you here to repay gratitude."

Yewon nods, "How do you know?"

Hoseok chuckled, "For the past thousand years, many girls have been entering Grand Summer Palace to repay their gratitude but Yoongi is known to not but into matters that do not concern him."

"But.. the Emperor really saved me."

Eunbi stepped up between them holding up her arm, "She's speaking the truth."

Hoseok smiles, "Yes, you're right."

Hoseok glances at Yewon, "But do you have those feelings towards Yoongi?"

Yewon was left confused as the three left Grand Summer Palace.

"This Young Highness is indeed interesting."

Sanha nods at Hoseok's comment, "Indeed she is."

Hoseok chuckles, "How did you meet her?"

"Pure Coincidence but for Young Highness to enter the Grand Summer Palace, Flower Mornarch Eunbi helped out a lot."

Hoseok stopped Eunbi, "You don't even know her well why did you join in?"

Eunbi looked at Hoseok, "I can't bear to see the doll get so hung over the Emperor and I just want to help her. Can't I?"

Hoseok smiled sheepishly, "Of course, as long as you are happy!"

Eunbi walked off as Hoseok watched her.

"Sanha.. the woman whom can't be provoked are the woman from your past."

Sanha cupped his hands and bowed, "Yes... Third Prince is right."

Hoseok nods and walks off with Sanha.


[Thousands Valley]

Eunwoo arrived at the Thousands Valley holding the Valley fan. Just then Yerin and Mark, who was visiting, came out of the Valley to take a look and saw Eunwoo, they approached him.

"Unsure what brings the Demon Lord Eunwoo to the Thousands Valley?"

"Is Eunha here?"

Mark looks at Eunwoo, "Why are you looking for her?"

"I saw Eunha in the mortal realm so I though she would be here.."

Mark's eyes lit up, "Really? Where?"

"Northern Mountains."

"Yerin, I'm going to the mortal realm to find Eunha."

Yerin nods as Mark dashed off and glanced at Eunwoo's hands, "Isn't this Eunha's weapon?"

Eunwoo nodded and returned the fan to Yerin.

"Thanks for returning the fan."

Yerin bend her knees and then walked back. Eunwoo watched as Yerin entered Thousands Valley again.

'Eunha, where have you been?'


[Grand Summer Palace]

Yewon saw Yoongi and approached him.

"Emperor, I'm sorry for creating trouble but I'm really here to repay my gratitude.. Please don't chase me away."

Yoongi turned, "Are you done with your speech?"

Yewon glances to see the Heavenly Lord and Jihyo, "Yes, I'll go now!"

Yoongi watched as she ran away and gave a small smile as the Heavenly Lord stepped up.

"Interesting girl who is she?"

"Green Hill's Princess, Kim Yewon."

Heavenly Lord glanced at Yoongi, "Kim Yewon? Well she is rather interesting.."

Jihyo pouted, "I can't believe she's a princess..."

Heavenly Lord glanced at Jihyo, "Do not provoke the people of Green Hill."

"So what? She's just a princess."

"What do you know? Whatever she's just a maid now anyway."

Heavenly Lord sent a glared, "What do you know? But remember my words, do not provoke people of Green Hill."

Jihyo nods reluctantly, "Yes... I got it."

Unknown to some reasons, Yewon started feeling lightheaded, she left the Grand Summer Palace but then collasped. Yoongi recongised her form and carried her back to treat her injuries. Yewon smiled as she looked at Yoongi.


[Eun's pavilion]

Yeri came to visit Eun.

"It seems like Jungkook doesn't really care about you.."

Eun was shocked and she laid down on the floor as Yeri kept talking.

"Your eyes are helping me see really well, don't you worry so much."

Unknown to Yeri, Yewon was in her fox form and playing by the side, Yewon chased Yeri and bit her as she exited the pavilion. Out of anger, Yeri threw Yewon and Yewon hit the wall before she landed.

Sua rushed over, "My Lady are you alright?"

Yeri nods, "Animals that the mortal raise are surely wild. Beat it to death."

Sua nodded and grabbed Yewon by the neck, "My Lady."

Just then Nari came over.

"Lady Yeri."

Yeri smirked and looked at Nari, "Is this fox yours?"

Nari shook her head, "No, this fox does come over to play but it is not raised by my Lady."

"Lies! Kneel here for 2 hours."

Nari nods, "Yes Lady Yeri."

Yoongi then approached them.

"Emperor." Yeri bend her knees and bowed.

"Princess Yeri, have you seen my pet fox?"

Yeri got nervous, "Fox? No.."

Yoongi glanced at Sua, "The one in your maid's hand is my fox."

"Since it's your fox, then I'll return it."

Sua stepped forward and handed the fox to Yoongi. Yoongi checks on Yewon.

"Why is she injured?"

Sua glared at the fox, "Wasn't it because of this fox, it bit my Lady. My Lady threw it to the aside out of reflex."

Yoongi looked at the fox then Sua, "Really? Since it hurt you, I won't side it. Why not you tell me why it suddenly got angry and bit you."

Yeri gave a nervous smile, "No, Emperor. She bit me and I hurt her, so we're even now."

"Even? I think it is more injured than you."

Yoongi glanced, "Isn't this the mortal lady of Jungkook's chambers? Why not we go in together and I can find out what made the fox angry and caused it to attack you."

"No, Emperor it was all my fault. I saw the fox nearby and accidentally hurt it."

"Accidentally? Really?"

Yeri kneeled down with Sua, "Emperor, it was all Yeri's fault. I am willing to kneel here for ten hours."

Yoongi looked down at Yeri, "Alright then. But in future, stay away from the people from my palace and my fox."

Yoongi walked off then. 

"My Lady, get up!"

Yeri shook Sua off, "No. If someone tells the Emperor, it would be a huge mess again."

Sua glared at Yoongi's direction, "But, My Lady. You are the Princess of the Nine Heavens. You don't have to bow down to the Emperor."

"What do you know? Even though the Emperor never cares about the Palace Affairs but once he speaks, nobody will dare to go against him. Even if the Heavenly Lord is here, he won't even side me. Prehaps he will ask me to kneel here for a day and a night."

"My Lady.. this wronged you.."

"Whatever wrongful, I can swallow it. As long as I marry into the Pure Water Palace, no matter how many wrongful moments I can swallow it."


[Nine Heavens Hall]

Today Jungkook gets to receive back his Crown Prince title again. After the crowning ceremony, he had to experience 36 strikes of lightning and 44 levels of the sea of fire. Heavenly Lord also granted him to marry Yeri, according to Yeri's wishes. Eun has no idea what happened as Nari was ordered to keep mum about the Crown Prince ceremony.

"My Lady!"

Eun turns to Nari's voice, "What is it?"

"My Lady... The Heavenly Lord has granted Princess Yeri to her, right after the Crown Prince ceremony, they will get married."

Eun was shock as she dropped her teacup, "Right... Yeri is the suitable one for Jungkook."

Suddenly, Eun was having deep breaths and going through labour.

"My Lady, what's going on? My Lady!"

Nari laid Eun down and then ran out to find Jungkook. She came to Jungkook's chambers.

"Crown Prince!"

The maids outside stopped Nari.

"My Lady is giving birth! Please!"

The maids then kneeled, "Third Prince!"

Nari turned around while she kneeled, "Third Prince, please help My Lady!"

Hoseok helped Nari up, "What's going on?"

"My Lady is going into labour..."

Hoseok nods, "Alright, Nari watch Eun. I'll go and get the physician."

Nari nods and ran back to Eun, as Hoseok went to the Pure Water Palace with the physician/

"My Lady! Hang in there the physician is here."

The rest of the maidservants were guarding the door when suddenly, there was a thunderstorm signalling Jungkook's Crown Prince ceremony has started.

"Close the doors and curtains! This lady cannot experience wind now."

The maids scrambled at the physicians' advice and drew the curtain which seperated the entrance and bed, they also closed the main door.

The physician turned to Hoseok, "Third Prince please retreat too, a woman's labour is not something you should be apart of."

Hoseok glanced at Eun, "Please help her deliver safely."

The physician nodded, "I'll do my best."

Hoseok then left as the maids drew the curtain, the maids and Hoseok moved outside of the chambers and waited as the delivery happened. Jiyong and Jieun then approached.

"Third brother!"

Hoseok turned, "Brother Jiyong, Sister-in-law."

"What's going on?"

Hoseok sighed, "Eun is going into labour.."

Jieun frowned, "I hope it would be alright inside."

Suddenly, they heard a baby's cry. Nari came out holding a baby bundle with a boy in it.

"It's a Prince!"

Jieun smiled and approached Nari, looking at the child.

"Go back in, it's cold outside."

Nari nodded and brought the baby back, placing him next to Eun.

"My Lady! It's a prince."

Eun smiled and reached out to feel the baby's hand.

"My Lady, the nanny is here. I'll bring the Prince down now."

Eun nodded as Nari took the baby to the side chambers and Eun slept.