Chapter 11

Love under the Plum Blossom

[Ten Miles Plum Blossom Forest]

Jungkook comes out of the hut after putting Galla to sleep and approaches Namjoon who was laying by the pond and drinking wine while admiring the scenery.

"Has Galla slept?"

"He has. He always falls asleep come nightfall."

"All these years, you've taken on the role of his father and his mother. It's truly not an easy task."

Jungkook cupped his hands and bowed, "I have yet to thank you for saving my life."

Namjoon glanced at Jungkook, "I wasn't expecting you to thank me."

Jungkook looked up, "Why?"

"Although I saved you 300 years ago, I did not wake you up. At the time, you were completely disheartened and had no will to live. Since you not want to live, why are you thanking me now?"

Namjoon then sat up, "But it seems you have something to live for now."

Jungkook remained silent.

Namjoon swirled his small wine jar, "Come, try my plum blossom wine."

Jungkook walked to the cushion opposite Namjoon and kneeled on it, picking up another wine jar and he takes a mouthful. Namjoon faced Jungkook as Jungkook placed the jar down.

"Tell me. What have you come for today?"

"Kim Eunha of Green Hill?"

Namjoon chuckled, "When I accepted the engagement between you two 300 years ago at the grand hall, you did not seem interested. Yet, you are now."

Jungkook cuts in, "I have three questions."

Namjoon glances at the scenery, "What are they? Tell me. Let's see if I can help you clear things up."

"Why is Eunha so averse to bright lights? Were her eyes injured before?"

Namjoon place the wine jar next to him and turned to Jungkook, "It's an ailment she was born with."

Jungkook looks down and thinks, "Is it true that in her battle with the Ghost Lord 300 years ago, she was injured and unconsious for a long time, true?"

Namjoon leans back and looks at the night sky, "Of course it is true. The whole world knows it." Namjoon turns to Jungkook, "What's the matter? You don't believe it? Look at how old I am. I'm an old phoenix. Why would I lie to a junior? It's true, it's true."

Jungkook nods and picks up his wine jar, taking a sip, 'Looking at High God Namjoon he doesn't seem to be lying. Prehaps- no.. the mark from the Celestial Fire is there, it can't be erased.'

"What's the third question?"

"Has she once forgotten something?"

"How did you know?"

"She really forgotten something?"

Namjoon sighs, "Tha's an exaggeration. It's not amnesia. It's just that in the few years she was asleep, there were many events that happened while she was unaware."

Namjoon then looks at Jungkook, "Why would you think she had lost her memory?

Jungkook smiles, "I'm overthinking things."

Namjoon turns to the side, 'Does this fellow know something? Could he the one Eunha wanted to forget?'

He lays down, "Jungkook, I have a question to ask you."

"Please ask."

"Why do you like to wear dark coloured clothes?"

"If there is a battle and I happened to get hurt the dark coloured clothes can cover it, making it seem like I fell into a lake. Therefore my enemies would not fell proud when they cut me and my loved ones would not be upset over this."

"For that point, you are really similar to Taehyung.. are you really not Taehyung?"

Jungkook smiles slightly, "I'm not."

Namjoon looks at him and pours him wine, "Here."

They clicked their cups and drink. 


[Thousands Valley]

Yerin approached Eunha and sat down, handing her another cup of tea while she drank hers.

"So.. what's with you and that Crown Prince?"

Eunha sips on her cup as Eunji stood behind her, "I don't know. Prehaps he sees me as the riceball's mother."

"I don't think it's so simple Eunha."

"What?"

Yerin sighed, "To speak the truth, I did not find you so fast.. There was a gap of a few years before you landed at the Thousands Valley. Prehaps you might have met Jungkook back then but just forgotten it."

Eunha chuckled, "That can't be. Maybe-"

"Whatever is, you have fate with the Crown Prince and if you landed in Thousands Valley the butterfly would have told me."

Eunha said nothing as she finished her drink and returned to bed.


[Ten Miles Plum Blossom Forest]

Jungkook woke up and held Eunha's handkerchief. Just then Galla woke up and after changing they left the hut to see Lisa.

"My Lord."

Jungkook did not say a word but just walked away with Galla.

Lisa chased them, "My Lord."

"Do you truly want to enter the Celestial Palace?"

"This is my life's wish. Please grant my wish, my lord."

"If you insist, I'll have Bambam lead you to the Palace. When you have come to your senses, you can leave on your own."

Jungkook that leave as Lisa smiled.

"Thank you, Your Highness."


[Green Hill]

Jungkook and Galla were walking along the mountains as Galla ran off towards the bridge which leads them to Green Hill. Jungkook follows behind him.

"Father, walk faster!"

Galla turns to face Jungkook, "Father, is this the place Mother lived at for thousands of years."

Jungkook glances around, "That's right."

"I can't believe Mother is so many years older than you, Father. It's a pity that you did not get to be with Mother when you were a child."

Jungkook smiles as Minju who was carrying a basket on his back ran over.

"Your Highness!"

Minju cupped his hands and bowed, "Your Highness, Great Lady is not in the Fox Den."

Jungkook nods as Minju straightens up, "I know she is not back yet."

"Then does Your Highness know where Great Lady went?"

"She fled from the North Sea."

"Fled? Did Great Lady displease someone? Can't be.. she've survived hundreds of millenia to become a high goddess. In this world, there is no one she's afraid of. What did she flee for?"

Jungkook did not answer but placed his hands on Galla's shoulder, "There are some matters I must attend to. I'll be leaving Galla here for now."

Minju looks at Galla, "Imperial great grandson? You mustn't. How can I look after the Imperial great grandson by myself?"

Galla steps forward, "I'm really easy to look after. Just give me a cup of tea and two books. Just bring me whatever my mother usually likes to read."

"Your Highness, don't jest. I came to the Fox Den when I was around your age. I've never left Green Hill. How would I know what your Mother likes to read?"

"High Goddess Eunha is my mother. I'll read what she likes to read."

Minju looked at Jungkook, "Huh?"


[Nine Heavens, Pure Water Palace]

Jungkook sat before the Soul Searching Lamp, 'When I burn Eun's items.. the flame turns to her favourite purple.. what if i..'

He holds Eunha's handkerchief to the lamp as the lamp turns purple, the flame catches on the handkerchief and turns purple too. Jungkook was both shocked and happy as Hoseok walks in.

"How come you still haven't given up?" Hoseok turns to the lamp, "This lamp.. why is it- I thought you did not have anymore of Eun's item."

Jungkook said nothing and waved his hand as the lamp extinguished.

"It's not easy to bring the flame back, why did you put it out?"

Jungkook smiles, "There's no need for it anymore?"

"No need for it?"

"I've already found her."

"What do you mean by that? Could it be that the mortal didn't die when she jumped off the Terrance of Immortal Execution? Impossible, unless it wasn't her who jumped off."

"Neither."

Hoseok sighed, "You're an enigma! Tell me quickly, you're truly kill me with suspense."

Jungkook stood up and walked over, "The Soul Searching Lamp has been lit for the past 300 years but it did not create a wisp of shadow.. is because Eun's soul was not destroyed. She merely forgot about me."

"Her soul was not destroyed? How is it possible for a mortal to survive a jump off the Terrance? Unless she is an immortal."

Hoseok came to realisation, "Are you saying she's an immortal?"

Jungkook turns and nods, "That's right."

"Where is she from? Has she never been to the Celestial Palace?"

"She is Green Hill's Queen, High Goddess Kim Eunha."

"What?"

"Do not tell this to anyone yet. I have yet to clarify two things, why did she not have any aura of an immortal and was at the Northern Mountains.. and why did she forgot about me this time?"

"Wait, I need some time to think about this."

Jungkook was about to leave.

"Jungkook, where are you going?"

"I'm going to find Emperor Yoongi, he is most clear about the sealing of the Ghost Lord 300 years ago."

Jungkook then leaves his chambers as Hoseok was thinking.

"Eun is Eunha, Eunha is Eun. Then was the past torment all for nothing? If you knew it was her, just married her then. Everyone would have celebrated."


[Grand Summer Palace]

Sanha approached Jungkook.

"Has the Emperor went down for his trials?"

"Yes, currently he has went down."

Jungkook sighs, "You followed the Emperor a lot, do you know what happened 300 years ago?"

"The Sealing of the Ghost Lord? The Queen of Green Hill sealed the place and then went into a deep sleep for a while."

"That's it?"

Sanha nods, "That's all we know.. but for more information, you should as Yerin."

"Yerin?"

"The Butterfly Mornarch of Thousands Valley, she currenly rules over Thousands Valley and is one of the greatest High Goddess. Her position is even higher than the Heavenly Lord. She is also known to be Eunha's great friend at Thousands Valley, she knows what happened the most 300 years ago."

Jungkook nods, "Thank you."


[Seokjin's manor in the North]
(A/N: Since the Fox King has 5 kids.. the 5 siblings have been seperated to rule different areas that belong to the Fox Clan respectively.)

Eunha and Eunji appeared as they saw Seokjin's male servant, Yongchun sitting outside the manor.

"Youngchun"

Youngchun stood up and ran over to Eunha and bowed, "Great Lady, you haven't come by in many years but you've come at the wrong time. The Owl has run away from home. Fourth Uncle left yesterday in search of him. If you do not mind, allow me to provide you my hospitality."

Eunha chuckles, "What a hobby he has, he's always chasing after a bird."

Yongchun smiles, "I'm already used to it."

Yongchun then grabs Eunha's sleeves, "Great Lady, let's hurry inside."

"Wait," Eunha scans Yongchun, "I see you're acting strangely, could it be that my second brother has come."

Yongchun sighed, "Great Lady, that's a great guess. Second Uncle came early in the morning. He's been in a foul mood.. Didn't you see I was sitting outside? I don't dare to go inside."

"I should get going."

Eunha was about to leave when Kyungsoo came out,

"Fifth Sister, come inside."

Eunha faked smile as Eunji and Yongchun bowed to Kyungsoo, "Second Brother."

"Let's go."

Eunha said a silent prayer before walking in to follow her brother with Eunji and Yongchun. Kyungsoo and Eunha sat down in the study. Eunji stood next to Eunha as Yongchun kneeled before Kyungsoo and placed the tray on the table. Carefully serving tea, he warily looked up at Kyungsoo and quickly looked down as he served tea to Eunha.

"Right, Great Lady just arrived and must not have breakfast. I'll go prepare breakfast."

With that Yongchun ran off.

"Where's Yewon?"

"She's at my Fox Den."

"Yewon has done many embarrassing things for Emperor Yoongi. 300 years ago, when she returned to my manor. I had to tie her up and beat her twice for her to be well-behaved." Kyungsoo turns to Eunha, "If she is at your residence then keep an eye on her."

Eunji tensed at this and started fidgeting.

Eunha nods, "Rest assured, Second Brother. I'll surely keep her confined in Green Hill's Fox Den. She won't go out and disgrace herself again."

Kyungsoo nods, "The lift debt to Emperor Yoongi..."

Eunha nods, "Don't worry, Second Brother. Green Hill will take on the debt that Yewon owes Emperor Yoongi. As her aunt, I will pay in her stead. I absolutely will not allow Yewon to come out with a new idea from a notion she just gave up on. Emperor Yoongi is an immortal that sprung up of a crack in a rock. One must not love him or put him in their heart, he doesn't know affection.."

"Good."

Kyungsoo and Eunha take a sip of tea.

"Why did you suddenly come to the Far North?"

Eunha smiles, "The Eastern Water King's son just e month old. He sent an invitation to Green Hill but Mother and Father are travelling. I had nothing much to do, so I came for a visit."

Kyungsoo places his cup down, "The Eastern Sea is in the Far East. If you were returning to Green Hill, you should be travelling in the east."

"Oh, I forgot to mention.. I came from the Thousands Valley and Fourth Brother had me bring two jars of wine from Namjoon's. I came to deliver them on the way"

"What trouble.."

"I'm going to take them to the kitchen now."

Kyungsoo nods and Eunha stands up. Eunji bends her knees to Kyungsoo before turning to catch up with Eunha. Yongchun was standing by the door and Eunha nods at him before walking off with Eunji. Yongchun caught up to them.

"Great Lady, do you not need breakfast anymore?"

Eunha holds up her hand as the wine jars Namjoon gave her appeared, she turns to Yongchun, "I'm leaving. These are the plum blossom wine that Fourth Brother wants."

Yongchun takes them, "By the way Great Lady. I heard just now that you attended the Eastern Sea Banquet."

"I did."

"It's said that the Crown Prince was at the banquet too. Did you see him?"

Eunha nods, "I did."

Yongchun smiles, "Back when the Crown Prince came to the Far North to pacify the rebellion 300 years ago. I had the grace to deliver the map to the Crown Prince. I will never in my life forget the Crown Prince's grace."

"You were merely a young child 300 years ago. How could you remember so clearly?"

"To be honest, I love to hear stories of the Crown Prince. Great Lady, did you know that in all the battles of the world for the past 30,000 years whenever the Crown Prince made a stand, he mowed down all resistance? Should you marry the Crown Prince in the future, you must not forget to bring me with you."

"I'm leaving now. Take care to attend the one inside."

Eunha then turns to leave with Eunji.


[Green Hill, Fox Den]

Eunha arrived at the Fox Den as Eunji followed her. Galla walked down the steps of the Fox Den as Minju followed him.

"Young Highness! Slow down."

"Mother!" Galla hugged Eunha's leg, "Mother, you lied! You said you will return to the Celestial Palace with us yesterday."

Eunha glanced at Minju as Galla broke the hug and Eunji lowered on one knee to greet Galla before she stood up.

"I deserve to be punished. Great Lady ordered Minju to guard Green Hill but the Crown Prince's arrival is not something I can stop. Please punish me as you will."

Galla turns to Eunha, "You didn't follow us to the Celestial Palace yesterday. Father said you are not used to stay at the Celestial Palace. It's okay, Father and I will move in with you.. as long as Mother is there. I can live anywhere."

Eunji chuckled as Eunha glanced at Galla, "You're going to move here to live with me? Your father is here too?"

Minju interrupts, "Great Lady, do not fret. There is precedent."

"Precedent?"

"It is said that when the current Heavenly Lord was still a Crown Prince, he was arranged to be married with his cousin to be his crown princess. However back then the Crown Prince did not like it. The former Heavenly Lord's decree forced him to be confined in his aunt's residence. Who knew after a month, affection grew and they returned to the Celestial Palace. This became a wonderful story?"

"Wonderful story."

Minju nods, "Yes. It's Lord Jungkook's right to stay here in Green Hill. Nobody will rebuke him for coming."

"I feel like he came here to find trouble for me."

"Did you anger Lord Jungkook at the Eastern Sea?"

Eunha snapped, "I broke the marriage between him and that Eastern Sea Princess."

Eunji chuckled, "Great Lady.. don't be negative. If the Crown Prince really looked up to the Eastern Sea Princess, he would have kissed her long ago, why would he need to wait for you to appear."

"Eunji!"

"Great Lady, it's obvious the Crown Prince would not look up to that Princess, she isn't as beautiful as our Great Lady."

Eunha sighed as Galla tugged on Eunha's sleeve, "Mother, I'm hungry."

"Minju, do you have any food?"

Minju shakes his head, "No.. I did not leave any food behind."

"What about Yewon?"

Minju and Eunji looked at each other, both sighing.

"Great Lady after you left, the Princess ran off to the mortal realm to repay her debt."

"Repay her debt? Could it be Emperor Yoongi?"

Eunha sighed and glanced at Galla, "Nevermind, we'll go to the Mushroom Market and find something for Galla to eat."

Galla took Eunha's hand and walked off as Eunji and Minju followed behind.


[Mortal Realm]

Yewon was confined in her room as she sighed.

"I can't see the Emperor.. how else can I repay my debt?"

She sighed as she thought of an idea, "Right.. I can go to his dream."

Yewon smiled and laid down as she entered Yoongi's dream. In Yoongi's dream, he was walking around in the garden of the mortal Palace.

"What is your wish?"

Yoongi hears the voice, "Who is speaking?"

"I am an immortal from the Nine Heavens and I am here to grant you a wish."

"I do not need anymore wealth nor do I wish to have this crown. I just wish to have someone who can treat me with their true heart. Can you give it to me?"

Yewon did not answer.

"Even a goddess can't give it to me?"

"Are you speaking the truth? You only want a person's true heart?"

Yoongi nods, "I am the ruler of a country, I certainly would not lie."

"Alright.. I promise you."

Yoongi then wakes up as Yewon stands in front of him, using magic. Therefore Yoongi could not see her but could only stare in her direction.

'I thought Emperor Yoongi was an immortal born from a rock.. why is he speaking the opposite now?'


[Mushroom Market, Green Hill]

Eunha and Galla were holding hands as they walked the stalls of the Mushroom Market with Eunji and Minju following behind. Minju was carrying his basket for grocery shopping while Eunji held onto a smaller basket. Eunha thought of Kyungsoo's words as she walked true the market.

"Yewon has done many embarrassing things for Emperor Yoongi. 300 years ago, when she returned to my manor. I had to tie her up and beat her twice for her to be well-behaved." Kyungsoo turns to Eunha, "If she is at your residence then keep an eye on her."

Eunha sighed, 'A day in heaven is a year in the mortal realm. I'm sure Yewon will return within 2 months.. Yewon-ah, Yewon. Please return soon, if not.. this time, even aunt can't protect you.'

"Great Lady."

Two women bend their knees to greet Eunha.

"Great Lady, you're back. How come Princess Yewon isn't here? It used to be Little Princess who picks fruits for you."

Eunha smiles, "She'll be back soon."

Eunha continues walking as the women bend their knees to see Eunha off. Eunha walks down the steps with Galla to a vegetable stall.

"Great Lady."

Galla pulls Eunha to that lady, "My mother is young and beautiful. Why do you have to make her sound so old?"

The shopowner looks at Eunha, "Great Lady, when did you have a child?"

"Yesterday."

"Oh, so it's Great Lady's little prince." The shopowner approaches Galla, "In the Mushroom Market, there are many delicious and fun things to look at, would Your Highness like any?"

The shop owner held up her hand as onion, garlic and a mushroom appeared.

"Mother, I want this."

Eunji and Minju smiled while looking at the interaction.

Eunha nods, "Take it then."

The shop owner waves her hand as the other items disappeared, leaving the mushroom which Galla took. Galla looks at the mushroom and then at the next stall where a women was sighing as she looked at her fruits. Galla pulls Eunha to the lady as Eunha shot a smile to the shopowner. The previous shopowner then walked back to her shop. Eunji and Minju followed them.

The lady at the fruits stall stands up, "Great Lady."

"There is an excellent harvest. Why do you still look so miserable?"

The lady sighed, "There is a big harvest, that's why I'm upset.. Great Lady, during the big harvest I have to sell it cheaper."

"There was a small harvest last year. You all earned a lot."

Eunha turns to Minju, "Yewon taught you how to pick fruits, you can come and choose."

Minju walks to the fruits and takes a look, "We can get half a basket for this stall."

Eunha nods as she picked fruits with Eunji and Minju. A hand reached over to pick up a fruit from their basket. Eunha look up to see Jungkook smiling at her while Eunji and Minju bowed.

"Lord Jungkook, you're here. Just nice, we're have loquats for lunch. Do you want to join us?"

Jungkook looks at Eunha, "Galla is still growing, and all you're letting him eat this?"

Eunha looks at Galla, "Do you like this?"

Galla nods, "Yes I do."

Jungkook sighs and pulls Eunha off, "Where can we find some meat and produce?"

Minju turns, "Do we still want the fruits?"

"Yes!"

Eunha then just lets Jungkook hold her hand as Minju and Eunji held Galla's hand, following them. The citizens turn to look at Eunha and Jungkook. Minju and Eunji's basket were then filled with meat and vegetables that Jungkook picked along with the loquats Eunha chose.

"The man is rather charming."

"That child calls our Queen, Mother."

"Right.. and he calls the man Father."

They walk by a fish stall as the owner saw Eunha and held up two fish.

"Great Lady! These two fish are for you. Take these two back and stew them. They're good for your nourishment."

Jungkook smiles and takes the fish, "Thank you. She's taking care of the child alone, she indeed needs more nourishment."

Eunha did not answer as she looked at Jungkook who smiles at her.


[Fox Den, Green Hill]

Jungkook picked up his tea as he looked at Eunha.

"Go and prepare the food."

Eunha and Eunji turned to look at Minju who glances at them.

"Great... Great Lady, you clearly.. clearly know I can't cook."

"There's a first for everything. You could even survive a trial of lightning bolts. I believe in you."

Galla turns to Eunha, "Mother, I'm hungry."

Minju was anxious, "Great Lady, please spare me. I am a tree spirit. I'm afraid of fire."

Eunha sends a glare, "I know, but I'm not telling you to burn yourself like firewood. Galla is hungry now."

"I..."

Minju turns to Jungkook and then Eunji and sighs. He walks to the ingredients and grabs them with Eunji's help walked to the kitchen with Eunji. Galla was eating some loquats while watching Minju walk into the kitchen with Eunji. Eunha chuckled as she watched Minju and then turned back to Jungkook.

Jungkook looks at Eunha, "I truly do not understand you. Green Hill is a supposed land of immortals, but you manage it like a mortal realm. Men tend the fields and women knit. There's no trace of magic anywhere."

Eunha smiles and takes a sip of tea, "If everything is settled by magic, it will be boring for them. I'm still thinking of creating a battlefield for them one day, let them have some fighting with each other. In case they get bored."

Eunji comes out of the kitchen and helps refill their teacups.

Jungkook nods, "That sounds interesting. When the time comes, I can bring some Celestial Generals to liven things up."

Eunha smiles as they all hear Minju's scream. 

"What's going on?"

Eunji rushes to the kitchen as Eunha, Jungkook and Galla follow.

"Minju!"

Minju held out his burnt hand to Eunha, "I'm hurt. I told you I can't cook, Great Lady."

"Looks like we have to forget about this meal, we'll be fine even if we don't eat."

Jungkook steps in, "What about to Riceball?"

Eunha looks at Jungkook then turns to Minju, "Minju, go to the mortal realm and bring Yewon up. Say that Green Hill is in trouble."

"But I can't find her, Great Lady.."

"Nevermind, Eunji and you can go to the Fox Den entrance and stick a notice. Say we need a nanny immediately."

Eunji and Minju bowed, then the both of them walk off.

"Alright."

Eunha was about to walk off when she was stopped by Jungkook, "You can at least make a fire and burn some firewood."

Jungkook then walks to prepare the ingredients as Eunha just surrenders. She squats down to add firewood as Jungkook starts cooking.

"Add more firewood."

Eunha nods, "Your first wife must have had amazing culinary skill to teach you to cook so well."

'No, his wife already died. Wouldn't mentioning her be reopening an old wound of his?'

Jungkook stirs the soup, "She was like you. She could only tend the fire and burn wood while I cooked. I don't know how she survived on the Northern Mountains before she met me."

Jungkook looks at Eunha, "Why aren't you speaking."

"I'm afraid you're sad. I don't know what to say."

"Eun."

Eunha looked up, "See? You're terribly heartbroken. You're even calling me by the wrong name."

"Have you been to the Far North?"

"Far North?" Eunha nods, "I've been there to play with my brothers."

Jungkook nods.

"Alright, you're almost done cooking. I'll go see Riceball."

Eunha then leaves as Jungkook glances at her. Jungkook finished cooking and everyone sat down to eat. Minju and Eunji sat opposite Jungkook and Eunha as Galla sat next to Jungkook. Everyone ate as Jungkook kept piling food on Galla's bowl and feeding him.

"If you keep feeding me, I'll turn into a ball."

Eunji and Minju chuckled.

Jungkook smiled, "How nice would that be? That way I don't need to carry you when I leap clouds. I'll just roll you up and roll you back to your chambers."

Galla then stands up and runs to Eunha, tugging her sleeves, "Father is mean."

Jungkook scoops some soup, "Now you have someone to run to."

Eunha smiles and places her bowl down, "It's alright."

Jungkook places the bowl next to Eunha, "Here, Euna. You need more nourishment."

Eunha passes the bowl to Galla, "You need more nourishment."

Galla looks at the soup then Eunha who nods, "Uncle Minju, you need more nourishment."

Minju looks at the soup then at Eunha, he left the soup alone and then continued eating.

"Euna, clear out a study for me to handle official documents."

Eunha looks at Minju, "Minju, go and clear out Fourth Brother's old room."

"Alright, I'll go now."

Minju then goes off to clear Seokjin's old room. At night, Jungkook wiped Galla's hands as Galla was preparing to sleep. Jungkook then hands the cloth to Minju who leaves the room immediately with the basin of water by the bed as Galla lays down to sleep. Eunha comes out of her room while Eunji stood next to her.

"Minju! Come here."

Minju walks over to Eunha, "Great Lady."

"Are they going to sleep?"

"They're asleep now. The young prince falls asleep come nightfall. The Crown Prince takes good care of him. He does everything himself."

Eunha sighs, "When are they leaving?"

"He didn't say. Didn't you say His Highness is here to settle a debt?"

"Great Lady, you're overthinking now.."

Eunha sighs, "I hope."

"I'll go first then."

Eunha nods as Minju goes down. Eunha then walks to the pond outside the fox cave with Eunji following her.

"Great Lady, it's late now... why not wait till tomorrow?"

Eunha said nothing but held out her hand as the Thousands Valley fan appeared. Using magic, she send the Thousand Valley fan to the deepest place of the pond. The magic then stops.

Eunji watched everything and was surprised, "Great Lady, what are you doing?"

"Nobody knows that I am the disciple of the Thousands Valley, only few rumors around.. if the Thousand Valley fan appeared. It would be rather weird."

Eunji nods, "You are right, Great Lady."

Eunha then turns to return to the Fox Den as Jungkook appears.

"Euna."

Eunji lowers one knee and stands up as Jungkook approached them.

Eunha looks at him, "Jungkook? You're not sleeping yet?"

"Galla has gone to sleep, so I've come to find you for a game of chess."

"Chess?" Eunha lets out a small sigh, "You're in the mood to play?"


[Thousands Valley]

Jinyoung and Mark came to the Thousands Valley to find Yerin.

"I haven't seen Eunha in a while.."

Yerin smiles, "Brother Jinyoung. It's been 70,000 years since we met."

Jinyoung nods, "Right.. We haven't been able to meet since the war. But I heard Eunha is the Queen of Green Hill now."

Yerin nods, "She is."

"Mark, have you been going to the mortal realm for experience?"

Mark nods, "Yes I have. But now, I'm thinking of returning to the Thousands Valley to look after Master with Yerin."

"Do you remember Master's last words before he left?"

Yerin nods, "Master said he will return. He told us to wait so he will surely return."

Mark nods, "I should return to the mortal realm now."

Yerin and Jinyoung walk out with Mark as he leaves. The two continue talking.

"Yerin, it's been hard on you all these years."

Yerin shook her head, "He told me to wait for him, and I will."


[Fox Den]

It was morning and Eunha woke up in front of the chess board.

Eunji came in with tea, "Great Lady, you're awake. You played chess with the Crown Prince for so long yesterday..."

Eunha nods as she took a sip of tea when Minju enters with Yugyeom and Bambam. Bambam was holding a tray of scrolls. Yugyeom and Bambam looked at each other when they saw Eunha. Eunji helps Eunha as she stands up.

"Who are you looking for?"

Minju introduces them forward, "Great Lady, this is the Crown Prince's Civil officer, Lord Bambam. This is Crown Prince's military officer, Lord Yugyeom."

Yugyeom cupped his hands and bowed, "Great Lady."

Bambam lowers his head slightly, "Great Lady. His Highness gave orders yesterday that official reports are to be sent here from now on."

Eunha was confused, "Sent here?"

"Rest assured, Great Lady. I will only come here in the morning to collect the ones finished from yesterday and deliver the ones awaiting instructions."

Eunha nods as Bambam places the tray down on the table, next to the chess board.

"And you...?"

"Rest assured, Great Lady. I am only here to protect the Crown Prince and the young prince. I absolutely will not disturb you and His Highness. After greeting you, I will disappear from your sight. Without His Highness's permission, you absolutely will not see me."

Eunji snickers at the comment as Eunha nods.


[Mortal Realm]

Mark was walking along an empty alley when he felt something's wrong. Looking up he realised he was surrounded by the Ghost Army. The Ghost Army surrounded him. With his swords skills, Mark managed to clear them all. At the final one, he stabbed the soldier in the stomach as it turned into ashes.

"Does the Demon realm still wish to wage war against the Celestial Tribe?"

Mark looked around and kept his sword before walking off.


[Thousands Valley]

Just like Mark, the Ghost Soldiers also appeared there, surrounding Yerin and Jinyoung. Jinyoung and Yerin drew their swords and started attacking. Of course similarly, after each attacks the Ghost soldiers would disappear. Yerin did flips when the soldier was about to attack her and Jinyoung intercepted, getting rid of the last one.

Jinyoung looks around as the soldiers all turned into dust, "They're from the Demon Realm? Why would they be after us?"

"Master!"

Yerin and Jinyoung then run off to the cave where Taehyung's body lie, Yerin set up a barrier at the entrance.


[Nine Heavens]

Yeri placed her teacup down, "You say His Highness had Bambam and the others sent official reports to Green Hill."

Sua nods, "Yes, Your Highness. Bambam announced it in front of everyone in his hall."

"He only met her once during the Eastern Sea banquet. Now he's going to live with her?"

"Nine-tailed white foxes are said to have a naturally seductive appearance and are skilled at enchanting spells. I am guessing.. I'm afraid she has done something unbearable to His Highness and enchanted His Highness."

Yeri stands up, "I did so many things sacrificing my eyes, the Soul Searching Lamp... just to be able to enter Pure Water Palace.. but she could be his main consort just because she was born the princess of Green Hill. This world is truly unfair."

"Yes, Your Highness. We must quickly think of a way to teach her a lesson."

"No. She is the Queen of Green Hill and someone who is addressed as Great Lady by the four seas. She is also the Crown Princess selected by Heavenly Lord himself. I will not gain any benefit by entering into a conflict with her."

Sua steps forward, "It can't be that Your Highness will tolerate this?"

Yeri turns, "No. This is not a matter of tolerance. I was able to enter the Pure Water Palace even while Jungkook was unwilling and make all of the four seas believe that I am the only favoured consort of Pure Water Palace. It was not done by swallowing my anger and confronting adversity.. but by relying on."

Yeri taps on her head.

"Your Highness is right."

"We have to let her cancel the engagement herself. Telling her all the rules of the Nine Heavens, in front of Jungkook. In front of Jungkook, she wouldn't be able to get angry at him but cancel the engagement. Even if she doesn't, she would not be pleasant in front of Jungkook."

Sua nods, "Good idea."

Yeri smiles, "Go to Green Hill and send some words in my stead. They may have an engagement but they are not married yet. Cancel her authority first."

Sua bends her knees, "Yes. I shall go now."

Sua then retreats before she turns to leave while Lisa enters.

"Lisa, you are the Princess of the Eastern Sea isn't being a maid too little for you?"

Lisa shakes her head, "I just wish to stay next to the Crown Prince."

"Sister if you have the intention, then I can help you into a marriage with His Highness."

"Thank you for granting my wish Your Highness."

Yeri smiles, "I heard that High Goddess Eunha attended the banquet. Did you happen to see her?"

"High Goddess Eunha?"

Yeri nods.

Lisa nods, "I did... just that at the banquet, I mistook the High Goddess for Your Highness."

Yeri smiles, "That sounds interesting, tell me about it."


[Green Hill, Fox Den]

Eunha woke up for a while when Minju entered her room with a plate of fruits.

"Great Lady? Did you not sleep well last night?"

Eunha yawns, "I played an entire night of chess with the Crown Prince. Then I had to go for a morning walk.. I'm tired, leave them to you."

Minju nods, "Yes Great Lady. Take a rest."

Minju walks out of the Fox Den to Eunji who was at the sheltered pavilion outside the Fox Den.

"Is Great Lady Sleeping?"

Minju boiling tea as he answers Eunji, "Great Lady was up all night playing chess with His Highness and then they both took a walk together early in the morning. She is currently catching up on sleep."

Eunji nods as she fans the fire for Minju, "But.. the Crown Prince seems to like our Great Lady very much.."

Minju and Eunji chuckle as they suddenly heard a really loud commotion. They both turned to see that, Sua had arrived and her arrived gather some of the men and women who were working in the nearby fields. They were all gossiping about her.

Minju turned to the sudden crowd, "What's going on?"

Eunji looks over, "I'll go take a look."

Minju nods as Eunji walks over to the crowd. Sua spots Eunji walking over and approaches her.

"Hold it. Is your Great Lady in the cave?"

Eunji turns to Sua, "Are you looking for our Great Lady?"

Sua held her head high and turns to the side, "That's right. I work for Consort Yeri of the Pure Water Palace. I want to meet the Greadt Lady."

Eunji gave a fake sigh, "Our Great Lady played a game of chess with Your Lord all night long. In the day, she still had to take a walk during the day. She's tired and is currenly resting. If there is anything, just tell me."

Sua steps aside for a while, not facing Eunji, "My lady isn't someone who has low tolerance. Moreover, she is the future imperial consort."

Eunji made funny faces but immediately sends Sua a fake smile when Sua turns to her.

Sua continues, "Her Highness sent me with good intentions. High Goddess Eunha and the Crown Prince have yet to be wed. They are together all day and lie with each other. On the whole, it is an unacceptable behaviour. Even Heavenly Lord did not act this way in the past. Moreover, Princess Lisa has just been invited up to the Celestial Palace. The Crown Prince should not neglect her."

Eunji smirks, "Are you done?"

"What?"

Eunji smirked, "Our Green Hill does not have as much rules as the Celestial Tribe. If you are done blabbling, you can go off now. I won't see you out."

Sua stops Eunji, "Hey! My lady is the Crown Prince's Consort."

Eunji pushes Sua's hand away, "Your lady is the Crown Prince's Consort but my lady is the future Crown Princess. To speak about rank, your lady isn't even high enough to send her servant down. My Great Lady is a High Goddess and if your lady has real capabilities why not ask her to come down herself to lecture the Queen of Green Hill in front of the Crown Prince and not send some servant down to speak so rudely. Furthermore, my Great Lady and Your Lord has already laid together before they got married. What happens after they get married? Maybe he will just stay in her chambers and not leave."

Sua was choked up with anger, "You... You-"

"I... I am Eunji, go and tell your lady if she has that much capabilities, go and cry in front of the Heavenly Lord and ask him to send some Celestial Soldiers now and bring the Crown Prince back. If you have no capabilities, then go back and tell your lady to remember her position. If the Crown Prince really likes her, he would not even want to marry our Great Lady."

"How dare you criticise My Lady."

Eunji chuckled, "How dare a mere low immortal come here and start a fuss. Are you bullying Green Hill because we have no guards?"

The citizens then stepped forward and stood behind Sua.

"Exactly!"

"That's right!"

"You're clearing looking for an excuse to give us a hard time!"

"Leaving aside that your lord has a mistress, he even has a son. Our Great Lady doesn't even disapprove of you all, yet you all disapprove of her?"

Sua looks at the citizens, "How- How dare you?"

A citizen looked at Sua, "Move! Get out of Green Hill"

"That's right, if you have the capabilities. Send some Celestial Army now, our Green Hill always welcomes war.

With that Sua was chased out of Green Hill by many of the citizens. Eunji watches this and smirks. She clap her hands together before turning back to enter the Fox Den. Eunha and Jungkook were sitting down in Seokjin's old room which is now Jungkook's study, as Minju came in and serve them tea. Jungkook was painting and looked at his drawing. They both took a sip as Minju stood by the side when Eunji entered in anger.

Eunha looks at her and places her teacup down, "Eunji, what's going on outside? It seemed so noisy."

Eunji huffs and faces Eunha, "Great Lady, it's because of that servant."

"Servant?"

Eunji nods, "Consort Yeri sent some servant to urge the Crown Prince to return to the palace."

Eunha turns to Jungkook who did not respond but continue drinking his tea, "Where is she? Send her in then."

"She has been driven away by the people of Green Hill."

Eunha places her teacup down, "What happened?"

Eunji lets out a grunt, "That servant appeared and started saying that you and the Crown Prince have yet to be wed but are together all the time and that it is unacceptable behaviour. Put that aside, she then used the fact that Lady Yeri was the future Imperial Consort to try and pressure me. Then she mentioned about Princess Lisa who has arrived at the palace and that the Crown Prince can't neglect her. In fit of anger, I quarreled with her and the citizens who heard did not like what she said either and chased her out."

Eunha sighs, "What did you say?"

"I told her that right now Great Lady and Crown Prince are together all the time what happens if Great Lady and the Crown Prince get married. Maybe the Crown Prince will just stay in your chambers and not leave. Then I said if Lady Yeri has some real capabilities, she can just go and cry in front of the Heavenly Lord and send some celestial soldiers down or come down herself and bring the Crown Prince back, if she has no capabilities, just shut up and remember her position that she may be the future Imperial Consort but our Great Lady is the real wife, the future Heavenly Empress. Then I went on saying that if the Crown Prince really likes Lady Yeri, he would not even look at our Great Lady and abandon her in the Celestial Palace."

Eunha glances at Jungkook, "Eunji, Lady Yeri is also Lord Jungkook's consort.. saying this is a little much."

Eunji snorts, "Consort? So what if she is a consort? Even if she is the Heavenly Empress, I would not allow her to speak to you this way. Great Lady, you are the future Heavenly Empress. Lady Yeri sent her maid down, clearly she wants you to cancel the engagement in fit of anger and allow herself to be the only consort who is most favoured or better climb onto the position of Heavenly Empress and use this against you. Of course I can't let things go her way."

Jungkook chuckles in amusement and looks at Eunji.

Eunji bows, "Sorry... I forgot-"

Jungkook smiles slightly and turns back to his painting, "It's okay."

Eunha turns to Jungkook, "Although what she said is not true.. It is a indeed inappropriate for you to be staying here in my Fox Den all day. What do you think?"

"I wanted to live here, so I came. All in al, you are my wife. How is it any of other people's business?"

Eunji and Minju chuckled silently.

Eunha sighed, "If I had married at a proper age, my grandchildren would've been as old as you by now."

"Euna, you keep repeating that you are older than me by 90,000 years old. Is there a reason?"

Eunha shakes it off, "No."

Jungkook then keeps his painting and takes out a new piece of paper, "Euna, lie down."

Eunha just listens to him and leans on her hand.

"Choose a comfortable position, lean down and face me."

Eunha grabs the pillow and leans on it. Eunji and Minju then dismissed themselves. Jungkook then starts drawing while glancing at Eunha occassionally.

"Lisa was insistent on not marrying the second prince of the West Sea. She had saved Galla's life so I allowed her to go to the Celestial Palace to be a maid, when she has thought things through, she will eventually leave on her own."

Eunha smiles, "Actually, the second prince of the West Sea is not that unbearable."

Jungkook then turns to Eunha, "You know him?"

Eunha nods, "I trained at the Thousands Valley when I was young. I know how he is really like, prehaps Lisa is just saying all these to avoid the marriage."

After Jungkook finished painting, he turned to see Eunha asleep. He took his coat and used it to cover Eunha. Jungkook smiled and then walked out of the Fox Den to see Eunji and Minju giggling together. Jungkook then took a walk with them.

"I heard you both have been at the Fox Den since you were young. You were here before Eunha turned 10,000 years old."

Eunji nods, "Yes. Counting the years, it has indeed been that long."

Jungkook stops at the bank, "Since Euna wants to be a high goddess, then it's reasonable to say she had to experience two heavenly trials. One to ascend to high immortal and another to ascend to high goddess."

Minju nods, "Yes..yes."

"Then, can you tell me how she reached there?"

Eunji nods, "Great Lady ascended to high immortal while she was at Thousands Valley. As for ascending to high god, as everyone knows it was when she had that battle with the Ghost Lord and sealed the bell of punishment."

"Battle with Ghost Lord."

"That's correct."

Jungkook thinks, 'She had a battle with the Ghost Lord, lost her memories and that's how she became a mortal. Jungkook, Jungkook.... She is your Eun. Why must you seek confirmation over and over again? Whether or not she has forgotten, it is enough that she is back.'

Eunji and Minju looked at each other in confusion as Jungkook started smiling.

"Your Highness? Did you think of something? You look so delightful."

Jungkook turns to them, "It's nothing. I'm going to take your Great Lady to the mortal realm."

"Mortal realms?"

Eunji and Minju watch as Jungkook go down a flight of stairs to enter the Fox Den again. Minju bowed as Eunji lowered one knee. (A/N: The Fox Den has many entrances so the three were at an island in the middle of the riverbank while they spoke.)

Eunji stands up, "The Crown Prince is so hard to understand. He's gloomy one moment, and bright the next,"

Thunders started rolling as Eunji and Minju look up. They both entered the fox den.