Chapter 13

Love under the Plum Blossom

[Mortal Realm]

Eunha entered the palace and was sitting in the temple, dressed in the outfit of a taoist medoist. She turns and stands up after seeing another taoist medoist with Yuan and his mother, the Noble Consort. 

"Sister.."

Eunha nods, "Sister."

The taoist medoist turns to Yuan, "Master has to leave, just nice.. my disciple sister who has been travelling around the world is here. She will take my spot."

Yuan nods, "Master.. I can't bear you to leave."

The taoist medoist smiles, "It's time for me to leave... It's been hundreds of years since I stepped out of this temple, now it's my turn to go around. I can't bear to leave you either, that's why I asked my disciple sister to take over me.."

"Yes.. Master."

Eunha steps forward, "At a glimpse I can see that the Crown Prince is an immortal from the Nine Heavens."

Noble Consort looks at Eunha, "Really?"

"Yes, Your Ladyship. As long as you follow me and my teachings you will be able to do well."

Yuan bows, "Yes, Master.."

Eunha nods as Yuan shows her to her room.

"Master.. you will stay here for now. I'm not sure if you are alright with this."

Eunha smiles, "It's alright.. Thank you Crown Prince."

Yuan bows, "Then I'll go down and study."

Eunha nods, "Alright."


[Demon Realm]

Dahyun took out the crystal ball and sees that there is nobody in the Fox Cave. She uses magic and changes into Eunha's form. She stepped out of the Demon Realm and smirked.

'My son.. I will revive you.'


[Green Hill]

Dahyun arrived in front of the fox cave where nobody was around. She enters the cave and sees Galla who runs up to her, thinking it's Eunha.

"Mother!"

Dahyun smiles, "Hello.. Galla, do you know a man who is sleeping in this cave?"

Galla nods and leads her to the cave where Taehyung was residing at. Dahyun smirked and casted a sleeping spell on Galla and then leaves with Taehyung and Galla's body. Unknown to Dahyun, the butterfly barrier broke, and some of the butterflies sticked onto Dahyun, Taehyung and Galla as they left Green Hill

"Your Highness?"

Eunji and Minju came back from the fields. Galla was sleeping when they left and therefore they did not bring Galla along.

"Your Highness?"

"Young Prince?"

They both looked everywhere and could not find Galla. Sensing something is wrong, Minju goes to the cave.

"Eunji! Master Taehyung is gone!"

Eunji runs over, "What do we do?"


[Mortal realm]

It was night time and Eunha was dazing in her chambers. Smoke emitted and behind the smoke screen was Jungkook.

"Euna, I haven't seen you in a while. I missed you terribly? Did you miss me?"

Eunha did not answer.

Jungkook smiles, "Do you know who is the Emperor this time?"

"Who?"

"Emperor Yoongi."

Eunha thinks, 'If Emperor Yoongi is here, can Yewon be here too?'

Jungkook sits on the bed, "Euna, come here."

Just then the shutters open, "I'll go and close them."

Eunha stands up and goes to close the shutters. She turns to see Jungkook getting ready for bed.

"Do you want to sleep inside or outside?"

Eunha turns, "I'll sleep on the floor."

"It doesn't matter where you sleep, the end result will be the same." Jungkook smiles,"If you had any magic power you could fight me, then we'd both end up wounded. But haven't I already sealed away your powers? Or are you maybe just putting on a show of reluctance?"

"I do not want to be a bad host, but the bed is small."

Eunha then sits on the bed fidgeting. Jungkook waves his hands down as the candles in the room all go out. Eunha just sighs reluctantly and joins Jungkook on the bed. She slept on the inside as Jungkook slept on the outside.

"Euna.."

Jungkook turns to see Eunha fast alseep. He approaches her and carrasses her face, leaning in for a kiss on the forehead. The next day, Jungkook let his hair down and sat down at the vanity table while Eunha was sitting down for tea.

"Euna."

Eunha turned to Jungkook.

Jungkook held up a comb, "Come and brush my hair."

Eunha stands up and walks over to Jungkook, taking the brush and brushing Jungkook's hair. Jungkook smiled as he looked at Eunha's reflection in the mirror. Eunha helped Jungkook style his hair.

"Euna, I got to go..." Jungkook stands up and faces Eunha, "The current you is no different from a mortal.. I have these." Jungkook takes out some beads which Eunha took.

He gave her a kiss on the forehead, "Right.. I forgot something important. To change Yuan's fate you will have topull Yuan away, that way he won't have to meet with the lady and also find someone strong to push the Emperor into the water."

Eunha nods, "Sanha sure has a weird temper.. he told you something that the Heavenly Lord wouldn't know."

Jungkook smile and holds Eunha's hand, kissing her on the forehead, "I got to know."

Eunha nods awkwardly and Jungkook turns, walking away as he disappears into a smoke. Eunha walks out of her chambers as Yuan approaches her. They sit down at the table.

"Master."

Eunha nods, "Yuan come."

Yuan sits down.

"Yuan, I heard from someone that you are very observant.. How about I test you?"

"Yes, Master."

Eunha nods, "Do you remember what the servants in your temple wore?"

Yuan shakes his head, "No.."

Eunha smiles, "That's fine, next question then. Do you know of a lady who has a phoenix flower mark on her forehead?"

"That... there are rumors about this lady within the palace, but I have never confirmed it myself."

'Just as I thought...Yewon came down with the Emperor.' Eunha nods, "Alright, enough questions for today. You may go back and learn about my teachings."

Yuan bows and then leaves. Eunha leaves her pavilion with a maid guiding her to Yewon's pavilion.

"This is the palace where Consort Ju stays."

Eunha nods, "I got it."

The maid bows before leaving as Eunha entered Yewon's palace and saw Yewon sitting outside near her pond. Yewon turned to see Eunha.

"Aunt! Aunt! Don't send me back! I love the Emperor." Yewon hugged Eunha.

'This madness, has she cursed herself with the Two Lives spell?'

Eunha hit Yewon's neck and Yewon fainted in her arms, "Come!"

Two maids from Yewon's palace came out and brought Yewon inside as Eunha followed.


[Mortal Realm—Yerin]

Yerin was walking around the forest where she used to walk with Taehyung. She sat down near a pond as she smiled into her reflection in the water.

"Taehyung..."

Just then the Ghost Army from the Demon Realm appeared surrounding her. Yerin looked around and waved her hand as the Flower Fan appeared, she flew up and spun as petals flew around her. She created a petal breeze and the ghost army disappeared. She landed again as the butterfly came to her.

"No good! Eunha-"

Yerin waved her hand as the fan disappeared and ran off to find Eunha.


[Mortal Realm, Palace]

Yewon woke up in a flash and saw Eunha, "Aunt!"

Eunha sighed, "You placed the two lives curse on yourself?"

"Aunt.. I really want to repay my debt, but the Emperor is usually cold-hearted. I don't know how to face him when he is so warm.. I couldn't bring myself to speak such sweet words. So I used the two-lives curse on myself."

"Yewon, do you really-"

"Aunt! I promise I won't bring shame to Green Hill, I just really want it-"

A maid knocked from outside, "Your Highness! The King is asking for the inner palace to be at the pond."

Eunha pats Yewon, "It's up to you now."

Yewon nods as Eunha leaves. Yuna arrives at the mortal palace as she sees Yuan studying.

"Yuan... I miss you."

Eunha spots Yuna and stops her.

"Great Lady."

Yuna bends her knees as Eunha leads her to her chamber. Eunha sits down as Yuna stood before her.

"Take a seat."

"Great Lady, I'll stand."

Eunha signals Yuna to sit down, "Today will be the day where Yuan will go through his trial. We need someone to push the Emperor into the water."

Yuna nods, "I will do it."

"But... you know using magic in the mortal realm will cause the magic to deflect onto you. Especially now that you are pregnant."

"Then... I'll let My Lord do it."

Eunha nods as Yuna came back with Jimin.

"Great Lady!"

"I hope you know what to do."

Jimin nods as he made eye contact with Yuna. Eunha nods and leads them out. Yuna went back to wait for Jimin while Jimin used an invisible spell. The Emperor and his inner concubines with Yuan were watching a performance. Eunha approached with a Eunuch.

"Go, call the Crown Prince for me."

The Eunuch bowed and then called Yuan over. Yuan walked over and bowed.

"Master."

Eunha smiles, "A ray of light came and I suddenly recalled a teaching.."

"Master... but-" Yuan looks at the performace.

"Prehaps, is my teaching less important than the performance."

Yuan bows, "No Master.. I'll go off then."

Eunha nods as Yuan walks to the main hall with the eunuch. Jungkook and Sanha appeared from the side as the Phoenix flew past. The crowd looked as the Phoenix carried a dancer and threw her into the sea. They gathered near and watched. Jimin appeared and kicked Yoongi down the water.

"His Majesty has fell into the water! Quick!"

The entire stage was in a frenzy and Yewon jumped into the water to save Yoongi. Eunha was watching the scene when someone used magic and pushed her into the river, Jungkook saw this held up his hand, catching Eunha.

"Your Majesty! You can't-"

Jungkook ignored Sanha and carried Eunha down, "Are you okay?"

Eunha nods and looks away. Yoongi was carried into the room as Yewon kneeled next to him and cried.

"Your Majesty.. please wake up, I can't live without you..."

Yoongi woke up and looked at Yewon, "I'm fine..."

Yewon smiled, "Your Majesty.."

"Were you the one who saved me?"

The Empress stepped forward, "Your Majesty."

Yewon snapped out of her two lives curse and looked around, 'I'm finished... I brought shame to Green Hill again.'

Yoongi did not let go of Yewon's hand.

"Your Majesty.. the Queen has been waiting for you. I'll-"

"Tell me your name."

Yewon bowed, "My name is Ju Yewon."

"Yewon... Can I call you Won'er from now?"

"Your Majesty?

Yoongi smiles, "Won'er... From now on I elevate you to the title from Noble Lady Ju to Consort Ju."

Yewon was in shock while the Queen objected.

"Your Majesty, this is not according to customs."

"Has my inner palace even followed the customs once?"

Yoongi traced Yewon's Phoenix flower and smiled.


[Nighttime, Mortal Realm]

Eunha stood outside her chambers as Jungkook and Sanha appeared.

"Great Lady, your help has changed Yuan's fate... just that it has also changed the Princess' fate too."

Eunha sighs and nods, "I get it.."

Sanha bows, "Would you help bring me to see the Princess.. I need to speak with her."

Jungkook stopped Eunha, "Why not bring a Earth Deity instead, if you ask her. It'd take you days to find that place."

Sanha chuckled as he waved his hand and a Earth Deity appeared.

"Take us to Consort Ju."

The Deity nods and walks off as Sanha followed behind. Jungkook turned to Eunha and waved his hand.

"I'm going to unseal your powers."

Eunha nods as she trails behind Jungkook.