Chapter 4

Love under the Plum Blossom

[Northern Mountains]

Eunha landed in the mortal realm of the mountains.

'Who am I..? Where is this?'

She looked around and saw an empty house, "Seems like I'll stay here then."

Eunha smiled and began to clean up, she looked at the forest and decided to pluck some fruits. She also managed to sell some of the fruits and change some taels. She just got a basket and placed the Thousands Valley Fan in it. At night, she just ate the remaining fruits she got as dinner and then slept. The next day, she walked out of her small house and saw a badly injured snake.

"Are you okay?"

She carried the snake into her house and started to make a berry mix to apply on the snake. The snake stirred awake and saw Eunha smashing up berries and then approached it.

"You're awake."

Eunha smiled and approached the snake, applying the berry mix. She continued to applied the berry mix as Jungkook stared at her. She then helped to bandage the wounds. Jungkook was in snake form to conserve his powers. She smiled and placed the mix down, leaning on the table and staring at Jungkook.

"Hm... finally, I have someone to talk to."

Eunha smiled and got her basket, placing Jungkook inside and covered him, tapping her fingers on the table.

"Sleep well then.."

Eunha opened the Thousands Valley Fan and touched her nose with it, then placed the Thousand Valley fan down in front of Jungkook and went out to pick some fruits and herbs.

Jungkook stared at the name, 'Thousands Valley Fan? How can a mortal have a weapon from the Thousand Valley?'

Jungkook then turned back to Eunha who was in the kitchen. Eunha then found some raw meat and fed Jungkook. 

'This.. if I eat raw meat, my wounds won't heal.'

Eunha smiled and pet Jungkook, "How does it taste?"

Eunha just fed Jungkook and then went to a market. She decided to go to a restaraunt and then entered it, accidentally dropping her fan when it was picked up by another. Sana happened to be nearby and she recongised Eunha.

"Hey! You stole my fan!"

The many customers looked at Eunha.

"But that's mine..."

The man smirked, "Everyone look!"

The customers then started to scold Eunha and Eunha just stood there. Sana approached the man and grabbed his wrist.

"Return the fan to the lady."

The man smirked, "This my fan, who are you anyway?"

Sana glanced at Eunha, "I would rather trust the lady than you."

Sana snatched the fan which flew back to Eunha's basket, Eunha picked it up as Sana approached her.

"This fan is a weapon that calls for the wind and rain!"

Sana grabbed Eunha's wrist and raised it as a lighting striked down to the man.

"Nothing to say now?"

"S-sorry!"

The man ran off as the customers all returned to their meals. Sana left the restaurant and Eunha followed her.

"This lady, please stop for a while."

Sana turned as Eunha approached her with the fan, "Take this fan as my gift of gratitude."

"That..."

Eunha smiled, "You helped me earlier, this is my gift of gratitude."

Sana nodded and took the fan, "See you then."

Eunha nodded and returned to her hut as Sana watch her leave. Sana looked at the fan and and then returned to the Demon Realm.


[Demon Realm]

Dahyun and Eunwoo had been married for the past 70,000 years right after the war, currently Dahyun is the Demon Queen.

"Brother! Brother!"

Eunwoo glanced to see Sana approaching. Sana held out her hand as the Thousand Valley fan appeared.

"This- Isn't this Eunha's weapon?"

Sana nodded.

"Where did you find this?"

"I saw Eunha at the mortal realm just now."

Eunwoo grabbed the fan, "Alright thanks Sana."

Sana watched as her brother leave.


[Northern Mountains]

Eunha just came back and found a man unconsious, she carried the man in and made a herb and berry mix. Jungkook opened his eyes to see Eunha again. He smiled slighted and then glanced at Eunha's bed, touching the blanket as Eunha came over.

"You're awake!"

Eunha helped him apply the medicine as tears welled up, "Does it hurt? I'm sorry.."

Jungkook said nothing and stared at her, 'Why is she crying?'

Eunha went off and get a basin of water as Jungkook used magic to heal the spot where Eunha applied the mix on.

"Should I call the physician?"

Eunha entered and sat down next to Jungkook, "Wasn't there scars? It healed so fast."

"Prehaps your medication worked."

Eunha nodded and help wipe Jungkook's wounds.

"Thank you, Young Lady you are my savior, may I know your name?"

Eunha glanced at Jungkook, "I don't have a name, or a family.. I stay alone in the Mountains."

Jungkook looked at Eunha, "Why not I grant you a name? Eun."

Eunha nodded, "It sounds nice."

Eun turned and picked up the basin.

"You don't want to know my name?"

Jungkook glanced at Eun.

"Ah, well what's your name?"

Jungkook grabbed Eun's hand and used his finger to trace out his name.

Eun watched, "Jungkook...?"

Jungkook smiled and nodded.

"Sleep well then."

Eun smiled and went to change the basin. At night, Jungkook fell asleep on the bed while Eun slept at the table. Jungkook woke up and carried her to the bed, and laid down next to her. They woke up and Eunha made him some porridge.

"Here, the remaining rice."

Jungkook nodded and took a bite.

Eun approached, "This.. it is rather difficult to raise you."

Jungkook looked up.

"My little hut can raise some small animals but to raise a person is rather difficult.."

"Are you chasing me away?"

"No, I could finally have someone to talk to.. But I'm afraid if you stay here it would be difficult for food."

"But you saved my life, I have to repay my gratitude."

"But I don't expect any repayment.."

Jungkook placed his bowl down, "My actions and your thoughts are two different things."

Eun thought, "Then why not use yourself...?"

Jungkook glanced at her.

"I'm lonely, if I have a husband or sorts I wouldn't mind.."

Jungkook nodded, "I'll marry you then.."

They had a small marriage ceremony and said their vows.

"Since we vowed, you cannot do anything to be sorry against me."

Jungkook smiled, "If I don't?"

Eun look at Jungkook, "I am someone who is clear of her feelings. If you don't, I will not recongise you. I will leave you and never meet you again."

Jungkook nodded, "I promise I won't."


[Nine Heavens]

The Heavenly Lord received news that Jungkook married a mortal and sighed.

"We have to get the mortal back."

Jieun and Jiyong were there.

"Father Mornarch, forgive me."

"I believe Jungkook will forget her soon."

The Heavenly troops then went down after two months to captured her to the Nine Heavens.

"Where am I?"

The Heavenly Lord looked at her, "You are at the Nine Heavens."

Eun looked around nervously as Jungkook appeared in the Hall.

"Heavenly Lord."

"Jungkook.. is she someone you wish to marry?"

Jungkook nodded.

"I'm willing to give up my position as the Crown Prince if anything-"

Jieun stepped forward, "Jungkook..."

The Heavenly Lord sighed, "Fine."

Yeri was watching everything and Jungkook's Crown Prince title was removed. Jungkook bowed and brought Eun to her pavilion, 'Jade Chambers' of the 'Pure Water Palace'

"Eun, you'll stay here now.."

Eun turned to Jungkook, "Who are you?"

"I am the Crown Prince of the Nine Heavens.."

Eun nodded as a maid came out of the pavilion and kneeled in front of them.

"Your Highness."

Jungkook turned to Eun, "This is Nari, she will take care of your needs from now on."

Nari bowed, "Nari greets Madame."

Eun smiled as Nari stood up, her sleeve rolled up as a burnt scar appeared.

"Where did you-"

"While preparing soup, I burnt myself."

Jungkook sighed and rolled down the sleeve, "Be careful."

"Nari take care of her.. I have to go off now."

Nari bend her knees as Eun watched him leave, Nari stood up again as she faced Eun.

"My Lady, shall we go in?"

Eun nodded and entered the pavilion, she sat down at the seat as Nari brought the tea set over kneeling down, using the ladle and scooped some tea into a cup.

"My Lady, drink some tea."

Eun took the cup and smiled, "Thank you."

Nari nodded as Eun took a sip of tea. Eun glanced around the interior.

Meanwhile, Yewon...

Yewon was still squatting outside Yoongi's pavilion when Eunbi was walking by.

"Little girl, why are you here?"

Yewon glanced up, "You're a high goddess."

Eunbi nodded, "You are..?"

Yewon stood up, "I am Kim Yewon the Granddaughter of the Fox King of Green Hill."

"Green Hill...? Oh, the future Crown Prince Consort."

Eunbi smiled, "Are you here with the Fox King to discuss the marriage?"

Yewon shook her head, "I'm to repay my gratitude."

"Repay Gratitude?"

Yewon nodded and told Eunbi everything.

"Alright, I'll help you."

Eunbi walked off and Yewon followed her.

"Aren't you going to let me enter?"

"Idiot, if we enter the Emperor's pavilion without a plan, it will be a mess."

They went to a nearby pavilion and talked.

"So how do you plan on repaying your gratitude?"

Yewon thought about it, "Well. I just want to be by his side all the time, helping him when he needs."

Eunbi looked at Yewon, "This.. there are two ways."

Yewon smiled, "Two ways?"

"First, marry into the Grand Summer Palace."

"That cannot be possible."

Eunbi nod, "Of course. I doubt the Emperor would want to marry you."

Yewon sighed, "The other?"

"This may be bad for you but.. Enter the Grand Summer Palace as a maid, not sure if you are willin-"

Yewon smiled, "I am! I'll do anything!"

Eunbi nodded. A few days later, the new batch of maidservants entered the Grand Summer Palace and Yewon was among them. Sanha walked past and saw Yewon, Sanha pulled Yewon to the side.

"Young Highness, why are you dressed like this?"

"Repaying gratitude."

Sanha sighed, "Young Highness, you have strong determination."

Yewon nodded and smiled.

"Who helped you?"

"Flower Mornarch Eunbi."

Sanha sighed, "You found a great helper."

Yewon stared at Sanha.

"Eunbi is a mortal brought up from the mortal realm. She got through cultivation and was elevated to the position of Flower Mornarch. In her past life, Eunbi and Hoseok were in love."

"Hoseok? The third prince?"

Sanha nodded, "Right now, Eunbi is Hoseok's woman whom he cares about greatly. With Hoseok backing Eunbi.."

Yewon smiled, "I didn't know she was so powerful."

"Alright got to go!"

Yewon ran off to join the maids and entered the chambers together. Jihyo saw them as they entered and sighed.

"Princess, the maids this time are of the lowest rank. They won't be around the Emperor."

For the past days, Yewon was forced to do chores. She got a cup of tea and was about to send it into the study but she was stopped by Jihyo.

"You are a new maid and you don't even know the rules. How dare you serve the Emperor tea?"

Jihyo snatched the tray over, "I am the Princess and you're a servant. Remember your place."

Yewon just sighed and decided to cut some plum blossoms.

Sanha approached her, "Young Highness?"

Yewon turned and sighed.

"How is it?"

"Don't mention it, I have been ordered around for the past few days. I could not even see the Emperor's face."

Sanha smiled, "I have a plan!"

Yewon glanced at Sanha as he thought of an idea.