The Movie Date

10 Dates [Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

You had to admit when Junmyeon’s name flashed across your phone’s screen the next day you grinned momentarily before reeling yourself back in. You hadn’t stopped thinking about how easy chatting with him yesterday had gone and you had concluded it would be best to forget you had even considered making things harder between you. Even after the ten dates, if you felt the need to still say no, you wanted this to end amicably.

Still, it did feel nice to have someone calling you right now and you hit talk, biting back your grin to ease some of your eagerness. “Junmyeon.”

“It’s nice to hear your voice,” he admitted and you leaned back into your work chair, swinging around on it gently.

“How come?”

“I had five exhausting meetings today so it’s nice to talk with someone who won’t be asking me for a financial budget report.”

“As CEO, shouldn’t you be the one asking that?”

He chuckled. “I like to be involved in how the business is going. If I can’t see that for myself before reading a report, then I’m not paying attention enough. Anyway, I didn’t call you to complain about work. I actually wondered if I could ask you out on another date.”

“Date number three, huh?”

“We’re still counting?” he asked with another chuckle and you couldn’t help but allow your smile to creep back over your face with how nice it sounded. “How’s your schedule?”

“Depends, what do you want to do?”

“I was thinking about going to see a movie with you. Anything you want to see come out recently?”

“There’s a couple.”

“Well then, I know its short notice but how’s tonight for you?”

“I could do seven.”

“Seven it is,” he confirmed and after asking for an address to pick you up from, you ended the call.

And then you sprung up from your chair, dashing into the office down the hallway. You didn’t even apologise for interrupting the conversation being held between Ayla and her assistant, beaming at your friend happily. “He called!”

“Already?” she questioned, her brows knitting together after telling her assistant she would catch up with her again later. “He’s keen.”

“Evidently.”

“When’s the next date?”

“Tonight, we’re going to a movie,” you gushed and Ayla folded her arms across her chest.

“And you’re this excited about it?”

Reining in your eagerness with a gentle cough, you shrugged. “I mean, maybe I was hasty in the beginning.”

“No I mean, you’re excited about going to the movies?”

“What’s so wrong about that?” you wondered as Ayla shook her head sadly.

“There are only two reasons a guy would pick to take you to the movies after the first date.”

“Surely it’s just a good venue to spend time learning about your movie tastes,” you offered and Ayla smirked.

“One, he’s actually not that into you and this is the gentle decline. I mean, sure, he was nice enough about us yesterday but he could have secretly been put out. A movie date is a perfect way to not need any conversation before saying see ya and then never calling again.”

“I hardly imagine that’s the case.”

“The second and most probable,” she continued, raising her eyebrow at you. “Is that he’s ready for intimacy.”

“You’re ridiculous!” you chimed but Ayla shook her head adamantly.

“Think about it, Y/N. The theatre is dark, and he’s sitting right next to you. There are so many moves he could make. If he grips at your thigh, he definitely doesn’t want the night to end with him dropping you back home.”

“You’ve watched too many movies yourself,” you concluded, your excitement dampening with her date scrutiny.

Ayla shrugged. “There’s no other reason why a movie date happens.”

 

 

 

Everything had been comfortable since Junmyeon had picked you up, right down to the playful bicker over what was the best movie snack to have.

“I still think popcorn trumps all,” he murmured as you both got settled into your seats in front of the large screen. You glanced in his direction before popping a piece of candy into your mouth.

“Chocolate is sweeter.”

Junmyeon stared at you for a moment, transfixed by something and then he

Please log in to read the full chapter