The Wedding Date

10 Dates [Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

You shared a watery smile with Junmyeon as you listened to the vows being spoken around the wedding venue right now. He beamed back at you, mouthing that he loved you. You raised your hand to your chest to let him know it was mutual and then turned back to the couple before you, your tears spilling down your cheeks when Kelsi choked on her words.

You never had expected to feel this overwhelmed watching your longest friend get married, and to Chanyeol, Junmyeon’s business partner, no less. You also weren’t prepared to look beside you to Ayla now sobbing openly, her hand clamped over to muffle some of her emotions. Smiling, you reached for her free hand and gave it a squeeze.

Weddings were just beautiful to be a part of.

And once Kelsi and Chanyeol were announced as husband and wife, you watched their first kiss together, glancing behind the loved up pair to Junmyeon again. You could tell he held the same thought as you did right now as well.

You could still taste that very kiss from your own wedding two years ago.

And once the photographer had taken enough photos of the wedding party afterwards, you moved into your husband’s arms, staring up at him lovingly. “It was beautiful.”

“Yes, you are,” he murmured before kissing you softly.

“Junmyeon,” you chided when he pulled away, smiling at you mischievously. “I meant the ceremony.”

“So did I. You looked beautiful the whole time.”

“Which wedding are you talking about?” you wondered with a small smirk and Junmyeon tenderly ran his hands over your bare arms.

“Sue me for thinking of our wedding, Mrs Kim. Though this one was very nice, and you look breathtaking today too.”

“You’re wicked.”

“You’re the reason I couldn’t concentrate. I’m happy for Chanyeol and Kelsi, but I can’t help but think of our special day either.”

“I’m guilty as well,” you admitted with a giggle and Junmyeon grinned, pulling off his suit jacket and slinging it over your arms. You shook your head in wonderment. “How do you know whenever I’m cold?”

“Isn’t that my duty as your husband?”

“What’s mine then as your wife?” you asked and Junmyeon leaned in so he was close to your lips again.

“To accept all my love.”

“I do that every day, you cheeseball.”

“Look who’s talking,” another voice commented and you turned to see Ayla standing there, dabbing another tissue under her eyes. “You’re both cheesy.”

“Jealous, Ayla?”

“Intensely. When does the bar at the reception open? Maybe if I drink enough wine, I might feel less lonely.”

You smiled and stepped over to take your friend’s hand. “Or maybe you can accept that you keep making eyes with Oh Sehun and go share a drink with him.”

“And what, suggest he takes me on ten dates? That might have worked for you and Kelsi, but it won’t for me.”

Junmyeon chuckled. “You never know, Y/N was adamant it wasn’t going to work for her and now look at where she’s at.”

You glanced up at your husband and smiled happily.

Those ten dates sure had a lot to answer for. And knowing Kelsi had tried the concept with Chanyeol herself only made it seem more dreamlike. Admittedly, Chanyeol had needed twelve whole dates before he decided she was the one for him.

You had known much sooner than that.

The reception wore on and toasts were shared, along with more tears – mostly from Ayla. She had cried at your wedding, and now she was crying on Sehun’s shoulder, the tall man attempting to calm her down as Kelsi and Chanyeol shared their final farewell before taking to the honeymoon suite in the hotel the reception was being held in.

And as you moved up to your suite for the night, you felt Junmyeon’s love before he even reached to taste it from you once the doors were closed.

Much later, now entangled against his bare body, the moonlight cascading over his skin, you leaned in to kiss his arm gently, leaving a trail of kisses until you found his swollen lips. You were spent from all your love-making, and further, from the day.

Weddings were beautiful, but they were also exhausting.

“Love you, Y/N.”

“Love you too.”

“Can I ask you something?” he said a moment later and you opened your eyes to cast your gaze to his face. Despite his satisfie

Please log in to read the full chapter