The Work Date

10 Dates [Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

The giddy feeling from your last date with Junmyeon didn’t last long. It wasn’t due to lack of contact, both of you reached out to message the other when you could. And although you had worn the sweater to bed that night, it had been hanging on the front of your wardrobe ever since.

You just… didn’t want to jump too ahead of yourself.

In the beginning, you had been looking for someone different and Junmyeon was showing you more than you initially expected. He surprised you enough that you were satisfied, for now at least. Still, you wanted to give the full ten dates a good attempt before allowing yourself to get too in over your head with your feelings.

Besides, the time apart reflected that of your busy nature. Work was all too easy to focus on and even easier to be overwhelmed by that you didn’t have a lot of time in your day to even think of the man halfway across the world.

And because of that lack of time, you were incredibly surprised to pick up your phone and find several messages from Junmyeon within the same time zone.

Instead of reading them all, you pressed the call then speaker icons, placing the phone down on your desk as you continued to type up an email.

“You didn’t have to ring.”

“I don’t even have one hand free to message back,” you admitted, though you did pause in typing momentarily to take in his voice.

“Working too hard?”

“This week feels like four years long, not four days.”

“Have you eaten?”

“Lunch.”

He sighed. “Y/N, it’s past seven.”

“Maybe I’ll make it home by eleven,” you concluded, grimacing at the stack of paperwork beside you.

“Do I need to talk to your boss about regulating your hours?”

“I’m just counting down the hours until the weekend arrives. Anyway, I wish I had time to catch up with you but I really should get back to my emails.”

“You don’t need me talking your ear off and transferring the content into your work notes.”

“Definitely not.”

“I still think dinner is needed.”

“I’ll get something when I can and I’ll talk to you again soon. Welcome back, by the way.”

You hung up after saying goodbye, your focus slipping back to the project you were in charge of this month. You were deep in the throes of it when there was a gentle knock at your door.

“Come in,” you called out, not lifting your eyes from a report until a takeout bag was placed in front of you.

Junmyeon smiled when you looked up at him, confounded. “I told you that you needed to eat.”

“How are you … how did you know this was what I was craving?” you breathed, discarding the report to the side as your stomach overruled you with the insatiable smell of the food.

“Well, I can’t say I’m a mind reader but you did tell me that this is one of your favourite things to eat when you’re extra hungry.”

“I did?”

“Mm.” He then gestured to the door. “I bumped into Ayla at the entrance. She gave very thorough directions to find your office.”

“I bet she did,” you mused, still touched that he had gone to such efforts for you. You were halfway through your burg

Please log in to read the full chapter