The Wine And Dine Me Date

10 Dates [Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

With the launch of your work project right around the corner, dating Junmyeon had become a little difficult. You were back to talking over the phone most nights, one of you falling asleep before the other did. You liked it when you woke up to see the call hadn’t been ended and could talk in the morning before getting ready for work.

Despite not meeting up, you were definitely growing attached to Junmyeon. You thought of him over the simplest of things, you messaged him when you needed moral support or a pep talk to get through the day, and you told him all your deepest thoughts as you lay in your bed, staring up at the ceiling.

You had grown curious of late. What it would be like to get ready for bed at his side? Would you be cute and giggly together or find it a hassle to share a sink brushing your teeth at the same time? What made his skin so soft, did he have a decent skincare routine that trumped yours or was he naturally akin to having clear skin? Did he snore? Move around a lot in bed? Steal the blankets? Maybe sleep talk? Even if you got to speak to him first thing in the morning and had become addicted to his husky, barely awake voice, would it be even more desirable in person? Would you fight a lot?

For someone who had only known him for a little over two months, you sure were full of questions that you craved answers to.

You realised you were more than ready for the next step, far more prepared than you had believed to be on your last date.

Now, you just needed your work commitments to ease up a little.

“I have an incentive for you,” Junmyeon announced as soon as you slipped under the covers, settling into your bedding. You glanced at the phone beside you on speaker and rolled to face it as if you were facing him too. You had adopted funny little habits since most of your time was now spent on phone calls.

“What is it?”

“Your launch date is next Wednesday, right?”

“It is.”

“And then the following week, you mentioned something about some time off?” he continued and you grinned. You had been holding out for that week for over two of them now. You couldn’t wait to sleep in, catch up on hobbies you had put on hold lately and most importantly, see the man you were talking on the phone to right now.

Grinning, you laid back onto your pillows. “A whole week! Sounds like bliss, right?”

“Can I be bold and take up the whole week?” he asked hesitantly and you frowned, glancing at the phone. It was as if he felt your silent curiosity, chuckling lightly before continuing. “I know the plan was thirty but-”

“Italy?” you cut in, sitting up.

“Italy,” he confirmed and you had to cover your mouth to stifle a squeal.

Could you? Could you actually go on a trip with Junmyeon like this? Your mind was already rushing forward with flashes of architecture and tourist spots and holding his hand the entire time through. Waking up in a new city and falling into bouts of passion in the evenings. Had you done enough in this budding relationship to go forward on such an adventure?

This thought alone stopped you. Weeks ago, that’s what you ached for. To become spontaneous, to live in the moment, to go with whatever was thrown your way, even if there were risks involved.

Junmyeon was dangling the opportunity for you to do just that in front of you. A grin crept up on your face again and you were soon nodding even if he couldn’t see you. “A whole week with you in Italy sounds like the best incentive to get me through the remaining days until my project is launched.”

He sounded surprised, perhaps waiting for you to decline such a bold offer.

Please log in to read the full chapter