The Test Date

10 Dates [Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I cannot believe you had a guy court you so romantically!” Kelsi exclaimed as you paced the floor of your shared apartment the following morning. You had managed to get home last night and into your bedroom unscathed, not having the energy to deal with her swooning, heart-eyed exclamations so soon after your ordeal.

It was barely tolerable now as you rolled your eyes in her direction.

“I don’t think it’s romantic. I mean, Y/N said she didn’t want to meet with him again. Why are you agreeing to his offer? You should message him right now and say you’ve thought about it and you’re not interested. Why lead him on like this?” your other roommate Ayla expressed, forever the logical one of the pair. She sat down on the couch beside Kelsi and gave her dreamer of a friend a scrunch of her nose before biting into her toast. “Who is this guy anyway?”

“Kim Junmyeon, CEO of Kim Industries,” Kelsi announced and Ayla snapped up in her posture, her eyes turning round as she stared at you.

“The Kim Junmyeon was your date last night?”

“Yeah.”

“And you managed to turn him down? Wow, more power to you, my independent friend! Who needs a man?!”

“The whole thing is, Y/N doesn’t want to remain alone,” Kelsi announced, Ayla’s expression growing thoughtful.

“Then why turn him down?”

Sitting down across from them with a heavy sigh, you threw your hands up in the air. “He’s amazing.”

“I’m not following.”

“She’s gone mad,” Kelsi concluded and you shot her a look. She merely shrugged and stole the second piece of toast on Ayla’s plate.

“He’s everything you’d want in a guy and more. If, successful yet humble, funny and handsome, incredibly engaging and has a five-year plan in place, is your kind of guy.”

“Y/N, what are you talking about? That is your type.”

“And how has that fared me thus far?” you offered, both of your friends looking at one another. You groaned. “I end up falling out of whatever magic spell they placed over me. They turn boring. Or I feel as if each day is the same at their side with no excitement. I want something more than that. I don’t want to grow complacent yet again.”

“I still stand by the fact that someone like him could hardly make you complacent.”

Ayla shook her head, looking at you intently. “No, I can understand Y/N.”

“Really? Not you too!”

“So if you felt like this, why agree?”

“I don’t know! I felt bad for him. He was so certain about this being the right decision.”

“You’re curious,” Kelsi answered and you nodded.

“I won’t lie and say I’m not.” You then scooted forward on your chair. “However, I do want to make a plan.”

Ayla grinned. “I’m listening.”

“Well, I figure it’s in my court now. Yes, I’m interested in why he was so persistent, but at the same time, I know I want to have something in place to fall back onto.”

“Like, not making it easy for him?” Ayla offered and Kelsi whined.

“Ladies, we’ve all watched How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days and we know how it ends. Don’t mess with him!”

You and Ayla shared a growing smile. “Not to that extreme but I could test him.”

“H

Please log in to read the full chapter