The First Date

10 Dates [Series]
Please log in to read the full chapter

The First Date

 

It hadn’t been a horrible date. Conversation flowed freely between you, and you could tell he was genuinely listening to you when you spoke. The food was delicious and his smile had made you return the gesture more than once. In fact, if you were to simply look at the man, he was absolutely gorgeous from head to toe. You could tell under his pale blue shirt that hit up the gym regularly and was in good shape.

Despite being the CEO of a multi-million corporation, he was easygoing, polite and humble. He was sheepishly honest, from his life goals to how his last date had ended like. He shared the same morals as you seemed to, the same bad humour, and it turned out you even grew up in the same area when you were younger. To anyone else watching on, it would appear that you had finally found your perfect match during this animatedly spoken first date.

However, Kim Junmyeon didn’t make your heart race.

He didn’t make you weak at the knee or excite you enough that this could go any further than dinner. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him, it was just that… he reminded you too much of yourself. And that was the whole reason you were feeling rather deflated right now despite your well-timed smiles and polite gestures.

Because you had hoped to find someone who was the opposite.

You had dated one too many guys who reminded you of yourself that you were now looking for someone more daring. Definitely spontaneous. The type of person who you were uncertain about with what could happen next both as a couple and on an adventure. With Junmyeon, you could see what the future held all too easily. It would be sweet, romantic even. And then you would fall out of love again, uninspired to continue with someone who felt like a copy carbon version of yourself once the honeymoon period was over.

You didn’t want that any more, and further, you didn’t want to put Junmyeon through that either.

He was far too sweet to dive into a relationship with, fully knowing that one day you’d simply be looking at a companion and not sparked to jump into his arms and head off to the bedroom.

Call it a late quarter-life crisis if you will, but you craved someone who would wreck you a little, and show you the wild side of life since you had lived on the straight and narrow all this time. You were successful from your diligence and you hadn’t ever tasted anything outside of long hours of hard work. There had been no detention in school, no late assignments and definitely no failure. And whilst all those things in the past would have given you an absolute heart attack, now, you realised you were fully grown and had nothing but accolades on your office wall to show for it.

You needed to shake up who you were.

Kelsi had been wrong in telling you that Junmyeon would be the guy to do that for you.

Still, he hadn’t done anything wrong. And instead of sending an SOS to your best friend when you were freshening up in the bathroom between dinner and dessert, you waited until the meal was completely wrapped up before leaving. The last thing you wanted was to play this guy.

“It was really

Please log in to read the full chapter