It's go time

Watermelon Sugar

Children screaming filled Donghyuck ears. Mother's yelling at fathers and their children made him shiver. 

 

Donghyuck looked over at Mark with a face full of concern. "Why don't we go somewhere else?"

 

Mark grabbed Donghyuck's hand and marched towards the front gate. "No, we can have a good date here."

 

Donghyuck wanted to run away. Mark's determination to have a good date here won him over. 

 

"This is such a ing cliche." Donghyuck mumbled, locking his hand with Mark's.






 

                                             &






 

Mark and Donghyuck were having the time of their lives running around the fair. The biggest problem of the night came when Donghyuck asked to go on the ferris wheel.

 

Mark had a fear of heights. Donghyuck's bright smile was just cute to turn down. As they got in line butterflies slowly built up in his stomach. 

 

Even as they entered the tiny cart he wondered if he could back out.

 

"Mark, are you okay?" 

 

Donghyuck's face no longer had his usual bright smile, his face was covered with worry. 

 

'I have nothing to be scared about. The ride is only five minutes long.' Mark thought as he nodded. 

 

Donghyuck's smile made a gracious appearance once again as the ride began. Hyuck grabbed Mark's hand again tightly looking out the tiny window. 






 

                                             &






 

"Jeno, it's them I'm telling you!"

 

Jeno rolled his eyes and turned towards his boyfriends. "Jaemin, Mark has had a crush on him for years now. Each time he's said Donghyuck has to ask him out. Why would they be on date? Donghyuck is shy." 

 

Renjun shook his head and Jeno. "Donghyuck's been a confident gay lately. That little probably asked him out and then freaked out no believing it would work. I can feel it in my bones."

 

Jaemin gave Renjun a look of disgust. "Why would you feel that in your bones? Is markhyuck your new obsession now."

 

Renjun smiled at Jaemin, but turned to Jeno and gave him a death glare. "Can we leave him here?"

 

Jaemin shook Renjun's shoulders around. "No, don't leave. I want to help markhyuck thrive!" 

 

Jeno and Renjun both eyed each other before turning to Jaemin. "What are you thinking?" 

 

"Well, since they're going on the ferris wheel… we should stop it once it hits the top. Boom! Romantic setting! Call me a genius."

 

"Jeno, thoughts?"

 

"I mean, nana, you do have a point. It's romantic but I have a feeling that we're missing something." Jeno rubbed his forehead looking over at Renjun.

 

"You're right we are forgetting someone,  but other than that it is romantic." Renjun smiled.

 

"Forgetting something? What adds to movie scenes? Oh, fireworks!" Nana shouted.

 

"Where are we going to find fireworks?" Renjun was confused about the whole idea. 

 

"Uh- the front of the fair someone was selling some, right?" Jeno said softly, trying to remember.

 

"Yes, Johnny was! Okay, okay this is how we're going to do this.. Jeno, you go buy the fireworks.  Renjun you find a location where Jeno can set them, and I'll try to pay the carny to stop the ride at the top." 

 

Jaemin stuck his hand out waiting for their hands. Jeno and Renjun shrugged, placing their hand on his before shouting "best pubg team". 

 

Jeno and Renjun ran off as quickly as they could leaving Jaemin in place. 

 

Jaemin pulled out a pair of clown glasses he had won at a game from his pocket. 

 

"It's go time." He shouted which made a woman trying to put her baby to sleep shush him.

 

"Can you be more considerate please?"

 

Jaemin took off his glasses. "Lady your at a ing fair. If you want your baby to sleep quietly go back home." 

 

The woman gave him a disgusted look before walking away.

 

"Yeah, you walk away!" Jaemin placed his glasses on dramatically once again. "Anyway, where was I? Oh, it's go time."