you're on

Watermelon Sugar

Donghyuck ran as fast as he could to the staircase. Donghyuck opened the door to the rooftop and softly closed it behind him. Donghyuck cheeks now pink because of how out of breath he was. 

Donghyuck's back slides against the cold door as he tries to catch his breath. Donghyuck's heart beating as he thought of what Mark said. His cheeks now an ever brighter red. 

Donghyuck could hear Mark calling out his name but he decided not to respond. His thoughts ran to the first time he met Mark. 

Three years ago

Donghyuck was still in middle school back then. Jaemin and Jeno had just met around that time. Donghyuck remembered feeling so jealous that Jaemin basically had a new best friend that he decided he'd go find a new one as well. 

"Stupid Jaemin always being with dumb Jeno." Donghyuck mumbled as he walked home. Donghyuck desperately felt like he needed a new friend, like he needed to show Jaemin he was also capable of meeting better people than him. 

The sun was scorching hot that day. The heat slowly got to Donghyuck who now needed to make a choice, did he want to walk home and pass out at the gate or did he want to walk in the air condition convenience store next to him. The choice was obvious for the lazy boy. 

The buzzer went off as he opened the door harshly. The door slammed into something. It was probably the wall Donghyuck thought as he closed the door. 

Donghyuck closed the door softly and was now face to face with an anger red faced boy. 

"Didn't your parents teach you not to slam doors." The pissed off tone in his voice made Donghyuck's spine shiver. 

Donghyuck was about to apologize when he saw the boy's nose bleeding. "I'm- What the your bleeding!"

 

Donghyuck chuckled at the memory. A tiny part of himself cringing as he remembered running around trying to help Mark. Donghyuck laughed like a lunatic scarring away anyone on the roof. 

"You okay there psycho?" Mark face was right in front of his. 

Donghyuck lips shut as the voice hit his ears. "Markus, you found me."

Mark's face turned into a soft red. "I told you to stop calling me that." 

Donghyuck petted the older boy's hair and stood up. "Class is going to start soon. If you can beat there I'll do your homework." 

"You're on Hyuckie."

The boy's laughter soon filled the quiet hallways. Everything seemed so peaceful and the two of them were in their own little world. Well, that was until "he" showed up.