・・One day mommy part II

BAP's Hello Baby

 

“D-Daehyun, could you go search for them instead?” Youngjae half muttered as he pulled his headphones over his head. “I’ll wait for you here.”

“No!”

Youngjae’s eyes widened at the sudden explosive sound emitted from his fellow alien that he didn’t think could speak at all. Daehyun’s eyes were equally widened in fear as he scanned the dark surroundings around him.

Then suddenly, there was an ear-piercing shriek.

Daehyun wasn’t sure whether to run, scream or do nothing.

Meanwhile, over at Himchan and Jongup’s side, things wasn’t as good as it was at Daehyun’s side.

Something brushed against Himchan’s shoulder and he let out a very unmanly shriek, causing the younger to stare at his commander with something like a mix of interest and confusion.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Jongup asked, a little concerned that couldn’t be seen as it was very dark.

“S-since when did you come here? Of course I’m fine, I’m always—”

A low, scary laughter broke through the eerie silence, sending goosebumps up anyone’s arms and legs and every other part that could get goosebumps.

“Isn’t that Yongguk hyung?” Jongup asked innocently.

Himchan very much wanted to believe the bright little child.

Youngjae froze.

The low laughter echoed throughout the dark room that he was in. The sudden, chilling silence only meant one thing.

“Daehyun?”

No response.

Youngjae freaked out. It was only once in one million years that anyone would be able to see… if you could see, BAP’s brain freaking out. He wasn’t exactly at the best spot to think rationally.

That idiotic Daehyun, if I ever catch you ditching me for Jongup again, I swear I’ll—

Youngjae spotted a light in the distance and started walking towards it.

It better not be something bad…

Daehyun, like Youngjae had guessed, had already ditched Youngjae to look for Jongup. No one could ever stand being alone with BAP’s brain because of many reasons. One reason was that he would start to talk about things that somewhat made sense which would turn into things that didn’t make sense.

He really really wanted to go back to Haerin right now.

Daehyun closed his eyes. The darkness made no difference at all.

Whatever it was, he was going to find them all.

“Eomma, appa eodisseoyo?”

Haerin blinked at Sangin with her cute, big eyes, biting her lip a little as her gloved hands were clasped together. Her words were slightly muffled by Daehyun’s over-sized black mask hanging off one ear.

“Appa’s gone to find the other appas,” Sangin said in an equally soft voice. The room that they were in was well-lit after Youngjae and Daehyun had went to find the other appas, with all the camera crew and special lightning. Actually, the lights in the old building were working just fine.

Actually, before she even came here, she’d already decided the location with one of the appas.

A small smirk appeared on Sangin’s face.

She wondered what Yongguk was doing right now.

“Zelo, how do I look?”

Yongguk spun around on the spot, a torchlight in one hand as he flashed it on his face from below, wearing a gigantic black wig and looking like an ultimate nightmare. Zelo flashed a grin as he pulled away the wig on Yongguk’s head.

“Yah, what?”

“I think I look better with the wig, hyung.” Zelo replied, giving Yongguk a slanted smirk as he put on the dusty wig messily.

Yongguk observed his robot. With his somehow intimidating height, creating a low shadow behind him, face covered with dust, the irritating smirk and the messily put on wig, Zelo kind of looked like some female ghost who was deprived of her lover.

“You’ll probably scare the out of Youngjae.”

A cold object tapped Himchan’s shoulder. At first, he thought it was Jongup. But he turned his head slightly to the left… he found a white, pale hand grabbing onto his shoulder.

Himchan turned the other direction.

Jongup looked just as shocked at the sudden appearance of the hand. Both of them shared a glance with each other…

“THIS PLACE IS HAUNTED!” Himchan screamed as he swept off the hand on his shoulder and started running away, tripping over some unknown objects strewn on the ground as a very confused Jongup followed after his hyung, hair messed up. Horrible screams floated around the empty room as two blonde heads bobbed around as they tried to dash off as far as possible.

The hand remained floating in the air for a moment before its owner stepped out into the dusty light. Daehyun blinked at the two screaming idiots before he scratched his head with the hand that he had used to tap Himchan.

“Am I really that scary?”

It took two hours before BAP (excluding Yongguk and Zelo) returned to the main room, Youngjae looked like he was put into the freezer compartment of the fridge, while Himchan looked stoned and Jongup just looked like he wanted to sleep.

Crash!

Himchan screamed again as something hairy fell in front of his face, hands clawing at the air in front of him in desperate need to get rid of it.

Then suddenly, the tall figure bearing the hairy head stood up straight, giggling.

“Oops, wrong target, shutdown sorry!” And with that, the robot collapsed stiffly in Himchan’s hands.

“Yah, Bang Yongguk, you better control this damn robot of yours—”

Then suddenly, another ‘golden-haired goldilocks’ went crashing into the room with maniac laughter.

This time, Yongguk didn’t manage to scare anyone.

But Haerin.

The little girl screamed, then promptly burst into tears after seeing someone who resembled a golden haired ghost laughing crazily at them, like some evil witch out of a fairytale. Bang Yongguk looked stunned at the damage that he had caused.

“Yah, what? I…” The leader of BAP muttered to the five pairs of eyes glaring at him. Six, including the mommy.

“Haerin-yah, it’s alright, it’s just Yongguk appa, see?” Sangin tried comforting her. The little girl’s sobs slowed down a little before uttering the most complete sentence anyone in BAP had ever heard her say.

“I don’t want to see that appa!”

It took ten minutes, a bottle of milk, some biscuits, and a teddy bear for the entire crew of Hello Baby to calm the frightened kid down before they could resume filming. Then, the lights went off… again.

“Can we turn on the lights? Please?” someone pleaded, most likely to be Youngjae.

Sangin smiled as she raised the torchlight, flashing it at Daehyun who flinched and backed away. “The effects are better like this.” She smirked.

“What effects?” Himchan asked, his voice echoing throughout the room.

Sangin ignored him.

“This building was really… really old…” Sangin whispers, a twisted smirk on her face. “You can smell the age of the dust with just your nose.”

Someone sniffed, and retched, and by the look on everyone’s faces, it was probably Youngjae again. The maknaes didn’t really seem to be affected by the ghostly atmosphere, Zelo sitting up straight with the calmest expression ever, the lopsided wig still on his head, and Jongup, yawning, was leaning his head on Daehyun’s shoulder.

However, the hyung line was the one that got more freaked out. Himchan’s face was reduced to somewhat like a pale sheet of paper and there was forever a frozen look of terror on Youngjae’s face. Daehyun’s eyes were flicking from object to object — it just couldn’t stop at one precise point.

Haerin yawned, her little hands curled up into fists as she snuggled deeper into the warm embrace of her new mommy.

“Continue!” Yongguk suddenly shouted, breaking the ice-like eerie silence as he raised his own torchlight, sending flares reflected by various mirrors all around the room. Youngjae jumped, shocked by the sudden sound and burst of light, while Haerin’s eyes flicked open immediately before closing, sending the little girl into a deep slumber.

Daehyun, meanwhile, continued being a statue as Jongup’s head rolled off his shoulder and landed awkwardly in his lap. The maknae, abruptly awakened by the sudden loss in support, sat upright, wiping away the drool on his face with a blearly expression set in.

“Zelo hungry,” the robot whined, remaining his stiff composture as the wig slipped off his head.

Sangin ignored them all. “Eleven years ago, there was this news about a female trainee — everyone was anticipating her debut, she seemed really talented, who died in one of the studio rooms in this building.”

Daehyun shuddered.

“It was said that he was possessed by a spirit, someone who also died before her debut, a ghost hungry for some sort of revenge, and the innocent female trainee, she was killed by her own voice, her own—”

Jongup suddenly raised his hand, like a student in class as the look on Youngjae’s face worsened. “What was her name?”

Daehyun and Himchan groaned at the same time as Daehyun buried his face in his hands.

“Zelo hungry!”

“Oh, her name?” Sangin’s eyes rolled up a little as she tried to remember. “Song Jieun.”

Daehyun groaned as he unconsciously grabbed Jongup’s arm and buried his face in it. Youngjae looked like he was going to puke anytime. Himchan looked like the ghost Sangin was describing. Yongguk looked excited, wanting to hear more. Haerin looked at peace, at—

“ZELO HUNGRY!”

Sangin smacked the robot on his arm, casuing Zelo to shrink back in fear. Haerin, awakened by the sudden movement, sat up and started crawling.

Everyone’s eyes followed the little angel, following her as she crawled…

Into Yongguk’s arms. A look of ultimate betrayal appeared on Daehyun’s face as Haerin settled into Mato Planet’s best-killer-who-loses-his-sanity-at-the-mention-of-ghosts-and-when-handed-knives and fell asleep again with a small sigh.

Yongguk looked overly traumatized. “D-daehyun, get th-this Earthling off me!”

“ZELO WANT FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!”

“Anyway,” Sangin didn’t look affected as Daehyun suddenly crawled over to Yongguk with ninja-like precision and with a look like he wanted to punch him, pulled Haerin off him. “One cold day in December, Jieun was in Studio Four, preparing to record for her debut song. Four was already an unlucky number to start with, but Jieun had no choice. That day, those who listened to her recording said that he voice sounded much better than usual, and she could go higher than usual, and…”

There was a chilling silence as everyone waited for Sangin to continue.

Zelo huffed. “FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.”

“Th-this is studio f-four…” Himchan suddenly squeaked. Immediately, all eyes went towards the faded sign on the open door, which didn’t really serve as a form of comfort.

On it, two, white faded words. ‘Studio Four.’

“OHHHHHHHH GOD NOOOOOO!” Youngjae whined, looking as though he was going to puke altogether. Himchan’s face remained as stiff as it was, and oddly… or rather not oddly, Yongguk screamed out in delight.

“This is ing awesome!” he exclaimed, which caused Daehyun to immediately cup Haerin’s ears. “So you mean Song Jieun ing died in this room? She fu—”

For the wellbeing of the viewers, this part of the show has been censored. Parental guidance for viewers under twelve years old. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

“FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!” Zelo screamed. Sure enough, the lights were again (much to the relief of all the old members of BAP… except Yongguk), and the smell of freshly baked pizza wafted it.

“PIZZAAAAAA MINE!” Zelo screamed again, running outright in the direction of the shocked pizza delivery man as he snatched the three hot boxes and screamed again at the heat, but managed to run back to his hyungs with all the food.

“Wait!” Sangin suddenly stood up, blocking Zelo from opening the boxes. Himchan groaned as he tried to reach out for the food that was kept well away from him. “Can’t we just—”

“Shut up hamster, there’s something important we need to do right now.”

Himchan awkwardly shut up, as his eyes grew slightly bigger from the usual slits that could be compared to Jongup’s when he wasn’t making too much of an effort trying to look awake. “I’m not a hamster, hamster has small eyes, I…” Not knowing what to say, Himchan puffed up his cheeks.

“That makes you look even more like a hamster.”

Himchan looked like he wanted to hit someone. “You only say that because there is no camera in the world that can capture 100% of my natural beauty. If there ever was a camera like that, I bet all of them would spoil since I’m so handsome and the lens would probably crack.”

Awkward. Silence.

Sangin cleared . “Anyway guys, time to choose the best appa… and the worst one.”

All six of the BAP members were lined up in one straight row, each of them holding different plush toys except Yongguk, who sat right at the end nibbling a slice of stolen pizza, Zelo staring at that piece hungrily while squeezing a toy lemon.

Haerin stood at the other side, biting her lip nervously. Sangin squeezed the little girl’s hand as she softly whispered to her what she was supposed to do. “Haerinnie, on the count of three, run towards your favourite appa nae?”

“One… two… three…”

Haerin started running, towards the expected direction of Daehyun, when she suddenly tripped over something on the ground— the toy lemon Zelo was holding, and fell into Himchan’s arms.

“Yah that’s not fair!” Daehyun suddenly cried out, then turned to Zelo who was sitting on the other side. “Why did you throw the lemon there? I thought you wanted a new commander!”

Zelo shrugged. “It gets boring when she keeps choosing you all the time, hyung.”

Daehyun’s eyes grew wide. “Yah but—” he spluttered.

“I only listen to Yonggukie hyung. If you resist, Zelo is going to fight.”

“I… urgh. N-no comment.”

Sangin stared at the two of them for a moment before deciding. “Well, I think Haerin meant to go to Daehyun, but since she ended up in the hamster cage… both of you can tie in first.”

“H-hamster cage?!”

“Anyway, Haerin, now choose the third best appa that you like~”

“Yah what hamster! I’m not an effing hamster! Do you even know how a hamster looks like? It looks nothing like me! I’m so perfect, how can I be compared to a ham—”

A toy lemon somehow found its way onto Himchan’s face, temporarily silencing the visual of the group. “L-lemon?”

“NAEKKEOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

No one noticed as Haerin went over to Jongup, then Youngjae, leaving the one and most obvious ‘worst appa’ eating his pizza.

“What?” Yongguk mumbled, pulling out more pizza from the opened boxes sitting by his side.

“Well,” Sangin’s eyes narrowed. “As the worst appa, you have to go through a punishment.”


 

author's note c:

*sniffs* I'm so sorry for not updating for soooooooo long AFF was continually down on me and me only and gahhhh what the hell ldfhlkdfhklsdfd and I ran out of brain juice and everything AND YAAAAY I finally updated /feels happy/ so now the guilt has lessened :D

Urgh, this chapter seems to , I'm so sorry if you guys don't find it funny anymore :'c

Commenteu and subscribeu. Le author will be happy even for a 'no comment'. Oh yes, and for some shameless promoting, I've started a new BAP fic c'; Dae's the main guy there but since I'm biased other characters will be kinda main in there too. Here.

Perfection in Pictures - yongguk zelo himchan jongup bap daehyun youngjae - main story image

clickclickclick! *runs over to update that story*