Chapter6

My First and Last

The next morning, MinYeong woke up with the noise that she was hearing downstairs. She groaned in annoyance and decided to check what was going on. She’s wearing her long fancy night gown with her purple bunny slipper and lazily dragged her feet. She took one step at a time at the stairs and nobody had noticed her going down. There were bags in the living room and gadgets everywhere, phones and iPads and some Nintendo switch were on the couches and some were on the floor and she rolled her eyes. She was annoyed that she had to wake up in such loud noise and commotion and find the living room in a mess. The loud noises that was literally coming from the dining and the kitchen was unbearable for her. Being back in Korea and not being able to adjust with the time. She was standing in front of 9 guys and they didn’t even notice her. She crossed her arms staring at them.

 

“What are you guys doing here?” she spoke and most of them turned around and looked at her. They were in disbelief that she was already up early in the morning and still wearing her night gown. “STOP looking at me and wondering why I went down dressed like this. Your noises are too loud that it woke me up” she rolled her eyes and walked towards the fridge.

 

“MinYeong Noona. Mianhe… we didn’t mean to wake you up” Haechan apologized.

 

Yes. It was actually NCT127 that was in her house early in the morning. Her uncle invited them over for some breakfast but he wasn’t expecting them to be there so early. He even know that his niece will definitely throw an attitude due to her not being able to adjust with the time, given that she just literally came back yesterday. She didn’t even bother looking at the younger boy and completely ignored him. They left the kitchen one by one, slowly, not making any noise, afraid that she would end up cussing them out.

 

Minyeong heaved a heavily and closed the fridge door. She closed her eyes for a moment and just stood there. She should’ve controlled her attitude and should’ve went off on them like that, given that she just met them yesterday. She turned around and was welcome by a figure that was hesitant to say a word but he did.

 

“Sorry. Big boss always invite us for breakfast and we just got used on---” he got cut off.

 

“Johnny…” she sighed. “…just make sure you guys don’t make that much noise. I haven’t really got much sleep” she asked and the guy nodded.

 

She passes by him and she heard him give a sigh out and she ignored the guilty feeling. She passes by the boys who are now sitting in the living room, pretending to be so immerse on their phone and whatever gadget they’re holding. Johnny was walking behind her and they all looked at him and he shook his head signing not to say anything. MinYeong stopped at the entrance of the stairs and everyone looked at her waiting for her to say a word but it was SooMan who appeared from the front of her coming down from his room upstairs.

 

“Oh MinYeong, you’re up early” he said clueless of what just happened. He looked at her and the boys that was in the living room and he formed a “O” with his mouth. “They sure made some loud noises huh?” she nodded. He gestured for her to go upstairs and she quietly did and he went to the boys that was waiting for him.

 

“Will she be mad at us?” Yuta asked and he got a chuckle from the older guy.

 

“I don’t think she got enough sleep last night. She is adjusting with the time and her job was calling her” SooMan answered sitting beside Taeyong. “Did she say anything?”

 

“Ani… we just felt that she was irritated so we left the kitchen” Taeyong answered pouting a little bit.

 

“I did apologize to her Sajangnim” Haechan added and received a glare from his hyungs. “Wae?”

 

“I think we should leave her for now and not really say anything. It was rude of us not considering her situation” Jaehyun said calmly while crossing his arms.

 

“It sure was nice to eat dinner with her last night. She was so nice and was smiling at us and everything” Doyoung said earning a nod from the other members. SooMan just chuckled and the boys blew a sigh.

 

“Maybe because she was with EXO Sunbaenims” Taeil suddenly blurted out.

 

“Ani.. I think she just really got annoyed with how loud we are” Jungwoo said defensively.

 

“Oh Jungwoo, you were the loudest” Johnny added and they all giggled.

 

“Maybe Jungwoo is right” SooMan interrupted them. “Her mood always changes whenever she is with them. She was always like that. Nothing has changed to be honest”

 

“Is D.O. Sunbae her boyfriend?” Haechan asked and Mark elbowed him. “I’m just curious. Aren’t you curious too? You kept looking at Noona yesterday” Heachan sassily told Mark.

 

“A-A-Aniyo. Haechan, shut up!” Mark said in defense and got so shy so he hugged a pillow.

 

“You should ask her directly. I’m in no position to tell you. She will open up to you guys but just give her time. Arasso?” the guys nodded.

 

Just in time, the maids called them for breakfast and they all took their perspectives seats where they usually sit. It’s not a new thing for them to always eat breakfast with the CEO of SMEnt. They are basically his new babies. They were all still worried about MinYeong.

 

To: MinYeong Noona

“Noona, breakfast is ready. Do you want to eat with us?”

 

Unknowingly, they didn’t know MinYeong was already heading towards the dining when they heard her speak.

 

“Mark, if you want to ask me to eat with you guys, just knock on my door” she said making the boy shy and earning a look from his hyungs. She took a seat beside her uncle and sitting beside her was Johnny. “Can you make me some cold brew coffee with a pump of lavender syrup please?” she asked the maid politely.

 

“I didn’t know you drink coffee” SooMan mentioned. Remembering that MinYeong never really liked coffee when she was younger. “You really are a grown woman now” he said.

 

“I learned to drink coffee because of my busy schedule in America, with work and school going, I wouldn’t be able to keep and stay awake” she answered.

 

“MinYeong Noona” Yuta called her and he got a hummed from her. “We stay up late too and doesn’t get that much sleep but we still make it. So if we can do it, you can too” he said and she looked at him and he gave her the warmest smile ever.

 

“You guys have been training for a lot of years and it’s an intense and long hour of training. I wasn’t like that. I only used to work only but not work and school at the same time” she defended herself trying to still make a point hoping she didn’t offend the guys.

 

“Agashi, you have a phone call” the maid approached her and she mouthed and asked who was it and the maid mouthed back “America”. She got up and excused herself and went to the garden, not wanting the group to hear whatever conversation she was going to have with the people she left in America.

 

She was on the phone for a good half an hour and the group and her uncle noticed how her hand and body gestures were and how she often held her had like she was having a headache while she was arguing on the phone. Leaving things in America was hard for her, especially the decision of going back to Korea was kind of rushed. She did tell her job that they could call her whenever they need something urgent, never she have thought it would be this soon. She hangs up the call and stood in the garden for a couple minutes, looking at the sky, blowing air, trying to calm herself down. She couldn’t let her mood ruin breakfast, not in front of NCT again. After a few minutes of cooling off, she went back inside and everyone was just quiet. She sat back down and continued eating.

 

“Is everything alright?” SooMan asked and she gave him a smile. Her face looked like she was really stressed. “Alright then, I’ll take that as a yes”

 

 

“Noona, we can make you feel better!” Mark exclaimed and earned a look from s and they mouthed “how?!”. He gave a smile and she looked at him curious of what he was going to say. “ICE CREAM!” Mark exclaimed. “I feel better when I eat Ice Cream I’m sure it’ll make you feel better too!” he giggled and the members hang their heads low and facepalmed their self in their head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“As long as it’s chocolate flavor” MinYeong answered and gave Mark a smile, making his heart flutter and skip unexpectedly.