Chapter 7

My First and Last

“Did she answer your call or text?” Baekhyun bothered Kyungsoo inside the car while they were on their way to MinYeong’s house.

 

Why were they on their way? Because SooMan invited them over, however, Baekhyun agreed to go and of course, Kyungsoo. Not that they don’t wanna see MinYeong, but some of them are either tired from the practice or they’re just being lazy. Though they needed to rest, Kyungsoo was longing to see MinYeong and Baekhyun is just like a dog that always tags along. He loves bothering Kyungsoo. They reached the house and they just invited themselves inside. They heard voices in the dining room so they walked towards that way. They saw them enjoying the breakfast and even overheard what Mark said to MinYeong and her response to him. Somehow, it didn’t really bother the two of them.

 

“I thought your favorite ice cream flavor is Vanilla” Baekhyun interrupted making everyone look at their way. Kyungsoo bowed and made an apologetic look for the way Baekhyun acted. Baekhyun went ahead and hugged the NCT members and even MinYeong and took a slice of bacon resulting a glare from MinYeong and he just giggled. He found an empty seat almost at the end of the table and sat there.

 

“Sorry… I don’t know how he’s so energetic this morning” Kyungsoo apologized and walked towards SooMan to give him a hug and MinYeong stared at him. “uuhh…. I’ll sit at the end with Baekhyun” he looked around and Johnny immediately got up.

 

“Hyung, you can sit here. I’m almost done eating anyway” he offered and Kyungsoo gave him a quick hug and sat down, which is basically beside MinYeong.

 

MinYeong glanced at him and have a small smile formed in her lips. Kyungsoo looked at her once more and the scene was just a little too much for the people around them to take. They all just focused on their breakfast and Baekhyun was munching a little loud and he earned a glare from Kyungsoo. He smiled at him and Kyungsoo ignored.

 

“Shut it Baekhyun” MinYeong warned him with a little of irritation in her voice. She heard a yes from the guy and she continued eating.

 

“Did something happen?” Baekhyun asked Taeyong whispering and Taeyong mouthed “call from America” and Baekhyun formed an “O” on his lips knowing it might not be a good call.

 

“Where’s the others?” SooMan asked the two. “They’re still sleeping and some of them are just being lazy. Mianhe” Kyungsoo answered and apologize. “Ani.. it’s alright. Maybe just bring them some food” the elder answered and Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“Noona… what time are we getting ice cream?” Jungwoo asked and s sighed. “Maybe in the afternoon? I have to take care of some business after breakfast” she answered and Jungwoo gave a pout in disappointment. “I thought it would be sooner” Jungwoo answered.

 

“If you won’t have any time today, that’s okay. We can grab it our way back to the company. It’s no big de---” Doyoung was talking when she cut him off. “I didn’t say I won’t have time today. I said after I take care of some business, but suit yourself, if you guys wanna grab it on your way back, go ahead” she answered not even looking at him and that made him press his lips together. Jaehyun looked at Doyoung and just shook his head signalling it’s okay. She soon stood up and went to the garden taking her phone with her. Kyungsoo swallowed hard, he doesn’t like it when she’s not in the mood. He followed her without her realizing.

 

“Gwaenchana?” Kyungsoo approached and stood beside her. She looked up at him and he was just looking at the sky. She gave this heavy sigh and made him look at her. “I take that as a no” he smiled. “It’s hard” she spoke and Kyungsoo was confused. “What is?” he looked at her with those sincere doe-eyes. She looked at him and tears started forming in her eyes. He hugged her and caressed her hair. “I know, leaving so sudden isn’t easy. You should’ve waited” he said, kind of comforting but she chuckled and broke the hug. “Then I wouldn’t see you with your lovely hair” she said jokingly and both of them laughed.

 

“I see you’re trying to be close with the NCT members” he mentioned while they are now walking, slowly, side by side, in the garden. “hhhmm.. more like Uncle wants me to know them more” she chuckled “they’re cute though” she added. “Do you know Taeyong is their leader?” he asked and she nodded. “I feel bad. They have a lot of members, I wonder how he can be so calm and control the members” she wondered and tugged Kyungsoo’s shirt that made him stop. He looked at her and he smiled and held her hand. “Your hand’s still so soft” he said and she pulled away. “Not here Kyung… I-I’m going back to my room” she turned around and started walking away when she felt a hand on her shoulder. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you like that. I just missed holding your hand” Kyungsoo confessed and turn her cheeks so red. “Want me to go with you?” he asked and she nodded. He once stood by her again and they started walking inside.

 

The members were being nosy and witnessed everything and made them wonder more what’s the relationship between the two. When they noticed them walking back, they all ran to the living room, also with Baekhyun signalling them to be quiet and pretend that they weren’t being nosy. Jaehyun crossed his arms and just looks unbothered. Once they heard the footsteps approaching, Yuta suddenly laughed, making it seem like they were talking about something funny. Jungwoo, Taeil, Haechan and Johnny laughed along Yuta. Taeyong and Doyoung shaking their heads and Mark was just quiet. Baekhyun noticed it and sat beside Mark and put his arms on Mark’s shoulder and Mark just nodded.

 

“We’ll be upstairs Uncle” MinYeong announced and SooMan nodded while he takes a spot beside Jaehyun. The two went upstairs and shut the door and that gave the others a relief. They thought they were going to get caught.

 

“She already knew you guys were spying” SooMan mentioned. “With Baekhyun being here, she knows he’s always nosy. Kyungsoo knows that well”

 

“Yah! Sajangnim! I’m not spying at them… I mean.. Not all the time!” Baekhyung defended himself and everyone laughed. “Don’t worry Mark! She will for sure go on an ice cream date with you and everyone!” he said excitedly. He sat back and crossed his legs and arms and looked at everyone. “You guys are curious huh? About MinYeong and Kyungsoo” he asked and some of them rubbed their necks in embarrassment. “Okay.. so I will tell you something about them… they’re----”

 

“Baekhyun” SooMan called him cutting him of what he was supposed to say. “Let MinYeong or Kyungsoo tell them. It’s not our place to tell the kids---” SooMan was cut off with Baekhyun’s blabbering mouth. “They were engaged before!” he revealed and SooMan just put his hand on his forehead, imagining how he could hear MinYeong or Kyungsoo yelling at Baekhyun. The members gasp and their eyes got wide with the sudden revelation. They couldn’t believe what they just heard.

 

“That was before but not anymore. However, as you can see, they are so close and even though they were engaged before that didn’t really ruin their friendship” Baekhyun grinned and smiled proudly at how matured Kyungsoo and MinYeong handled it. Little did he know, the two were looking at him from upstairs. The members noticed it and Doyoung frantically waved his hand at Baekhyun and when he got his attention, he pointed upstairs where Baekhyun was welcomed with two pair of eyes, shooting death glares at him.

 

“BAEKHYUN! COME UP HERE. NOW!” MinYeong yelled at him and she went ahead proceeded to her room leaving Kyungsoo. Baekhyun stood up, nervous and looked at Kyungsoo. He gave Baekhyun a “you’re so dead” look and Baekhyung shoot his a heart that he rejected and turned around.

 

“Well there goes my life for today. Save me if you guys hear me scream” he joked leaving the members with SooMan.

 

 

“Sajangnim…” Taeyong called his attention. “Is it true?” Jaehyun asked and the latter nodded. “How and when?” Johnny asked and SooMan gave a heavy sigh. “My niece is probably going to kill me but since Baekhyun already mentioned it, I guess I needed to tell you the story. Maybe not all the story”

 

“It was before EXO debuted. They weren’t really together like a couple and there wasn’t really an official relationship. They were just like how they are now. Their birthdays are literally a month away from each other and that’s how they’ve become close. Kyungsoo loves singing while MinYeong loves playing the piano. That’s how they became so close. They just turned 18 when out of nowhere, Kyungsoo just abruptly proposed to MinYeong. Nobody except EXO members knew. She did accept it but I think it was my fault why they didn’t stay together longer” SooMan admitted and was kind of disappointed at himself. “Debuting a new group was stressful and even after the teasers came out for them, I didn’t know they would gain a lot of popularity. So right after I found out what Kyungsoo did, I urgently called both of them in my office and told them they cannot be together. I told MinYeong I will send her to America to study even before EXO will debut so there are no traces of her just in case fans will start digging the member’s personal life”

 

“And noona was okay with it? Hyung too?” Mark and Haechan asked and SooMan shook his head in disagreement. “MinYeong hated me as for Kyungsoo, he felt so apologetic towards MinYeong, he thought it was his fault that they are being separated for his decision. It took me quite a while to convince him that it wasn’t his fault. My poor niece suffered because of me” SooMan said in a regretful voice. They were so immerse with the conversation and was readyto ask more questions until they heard Baekhyun leaving them giggling and laughing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SAVE ME! I’M BEING KILLED!!!! ANDWAE!! I’M SORRY I’M SORRY!!”