Chapter 5

My First and Last

“Oh my gosh. It’s been so long since I’ve last seen you” Chen said as he is munching on his food.

 

The table was full of meat. Having dinner with EXO and NCT members was a little bit too much. Just thinking of having that many members all at once in a table, made MinYeong go crazy. She sat quietly as she looked at the members and wonder how they handle all this commotion whenever they have meals outside the building. She was sitting beside D.O. and surprisingly, Taeyong was beside her.

 

“N-N-Noona?” Taeyong called her and she looked at him. “Should I call you, Noona?” he asked hesitantly.

 

“Sure. Of course. I believe all of you are younger than me” she answered smiling at him making sure the members heard her clearly.

 

“Noona…” Jisung called her attention. “How come you know EXO sunbaenims and not us?” he asked and all EXO members were just smiling and glancing at MinYeong and back to NCT Members.

 

“Oh… well I think because when some of you guys entered the company, EXO had debuted already. I was in the process of moving to America when they debut” she answered the young boy. “I believe all you were in the SMrookies program?” she asked and most of the NCT members nodded. “Must be fun” she said smiling.

 

The NCT members couldn’t believe that they were eating in front of their big boss’ niece. It was still unbelievable for them. She seemed to be really humble and doesn’t seem like she is that type of person that really brags about her wealth. She actually has a full scholarship at her school and doesn’t really rely on the money that the SM Artists makes. She still works part time and loves working with her coworkers, they treat her like a normal girl.

 

“Did you only write the Timeless song or is there any other songs you wrote?” Jaehyun asked looking at her and he saw her shaking her head. “Oh, did you write other songs too?”

 

“Hhhmm. She wrote a bunch of songs for us” Baekhyun said munching loudly on his food. “Right MinYeong?”

 

“Yhup” she smiled at them. “I actually wrote---” she got cut off by Kai.

 

“Noona actually wrote the songs Moonlight; My Answer; What is Love; oh and the song Tell me what is love” Kai cut her off and the girl was just smiling.

 

“Jongin-ah” Suho called him and looked at him with a warning of “shut it” and Kai just smiled at the older.

 

“Waee…..”Kai whined earning a giggles from everyone.

 

“It’s fine Junmyeon” she told him casually earning a look from the NCT members. “Oh… I just usually call them by their name when nobody’s around”

 

“so that means we can call you by your name too?” Johnny asked and s looked at him. “what?”

“Johnny Hyung… seriously?” Mark questioned him. “She’s the big boss’ niece. I think we should call her Noona… Right?” Mark looked at MinYeong and he earned a smile from the girl that made his heart flutter and he was just stuck looking at her.

 

“It’s fine” she smiled at him. “Do you always call Johnny “hyung?” she questioned and he shook his head. “Right… cause you’re from Canada and he’s from Chicago. You guys can drop the honorifics whenever nobody’s around… except for those who are really young” she continued and everyone was looking at her.

 

“Actually… ALL of them are younger than you. Taeil, Sehun and Kai are born on the same year” D.O. told her and she glanced at him with ‘really’ look he shook his head agreeing.

 

“Mianhe… NOONA” the NCT members said in unison teasing her and everyone was giggling.

 

They all continued eating and chatting and in reality, MinYeong was happy to be back. Seeing EXO and being with them was always a joy for her. Meeting NCT was just a bonus as she can feel that they will also be great just like EXO. It might take awhile but she knew inside her that the boys have the potential to become famous. The NCT members were busy eating and only a few members was stealing glances from her and whenever they get caught they’ll just smile at her and she would do the same.

 

After they finished eating, MinYeong was the only person who was welcome to go straight home as the two groups needed to finish their dance practices. She was definitely sad parting ways from them but she knew that they needed to focus on their dance practices as both of the groups are famous, well atleast EXO is more famous. The NCT members drove back to the company first and EXO members have accompanied Minyeong to her car. They all bid farewell and they went in their van one by one, except for D.O.

 

“You should get going Kyung---” she got cut off when he suddenly caressed her face. She plastered a smile on her face. “What are you doing, weirdo” she asked and that made him chuckle.

 

“Aniya… I just missed your face. I can’t do this earlier because there were a lot of members looking at us. I don’t want them to get the wrong idea” he said honestly.

 

“You’re so cheesy Kyungsoo-shi” she joked and he chuckled. “No seriously. They’re all waiting for you”

 

“I know… text me when you get home, arraso?” she nodded making the other satisfied. He walked over to the van and MinYeong waited until the van left then she ordered her driver to take her home.

 

The ride at night was quite seemed longer than the drive in the morning when she arrived in Korea. She was admiring all the city lights and totally forgetting about her ringing phone. Once they arrived home, the driver took her luggage in and the maids helped her with some of her bags. She was so tired that she went straight to her room. After a quick shower, she changed into her night gown and sat on her bed. Oh how she missed her room. She was looking around it and glanced at the picture on the nightstand. It was her and her father before he died. A tear escaped her eye and she smiled and placed the picture back on the nightstand. Her phone caught her attention.

 

 

 

From: Kyungsoo

“Are you home now? I think the members were calling you earlier and you weren’t picking up”

 

She checked her phone and yes, there was quite missed calls and texts from the members and some from the unknown numbers.

 

To: Kyungsoo

“yes… I just got out of the shower. Mianhe… I was admiring the beautiful city lights and I didn’t notice my phone”

 

From: Kyungsoo

“kwaecnhana.. get some rest okay? Goodnight”

 

She smiled and she looked at all the other messages. She wondered who the unknown numbers are, so she quickly opened her messages.

 

From: unknown

“Thank you for treating us to dinner Noona. Nice meeting you. -Taeyong NCT”

 

From: unknown

“It was nice meeting you! I hope you don’t mind us asking for your number from EXO Sunbaes. -Doyoung”

 

From: unknown

“I didn’t know our boss’ niece is as gentle and cool as him. It was nice meeting you! -Johhny, Chicago guy”

 

From: unknown

“Hi! It’s Jaehyun! I just want to say thank you for having dinner with us and playing the piano. We hope to see you again. Have a good night”

 

Unkowingly, she smiled at Jaehyun’s kind and sweet message. She remembered looking at him the time he was singing and while they were eating, she remembered thinking how gentle looking he was. She saved the numbers just in case they decided to text her again. She tucked herself in the blanket and was ready to fall asleep until another text message notified her from another unknown number. She groaned and looked at it.

 

From: unknown

“Hi MinYeong Noona! Uuuhhhmmm… I just wanna say thank you so much for treating us to dinner. I’m sorry if I kept glancing at you. I really respect and admire SooMan Sajangnim so I was amazed that you were there eating with us, it’s like eating with him too. I hope you have a good night Noona. -MinHyung/Mark”

 

From: unknown

“Oh and you are really pretty when you smile. Hehehe. Goodnight noona! – Mark”

 

She smiled at the boy’s silliness. She remembered glancing at him a few times and caught him staring at him. He was absolutely cute and has a cute charm. She saved his number and without knowing, he was the only person she texted back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To: Mark

“Goodnight… MinHyung”