Chapter 9

My First and Last

“Oh MinYeong… you’re here” Chen opened the door when he heard the door bell.

 

MinYeong decided to go to EXO’s dorm to check on them. Everyone was just pretty much minding their own business. She gained the maknaes attention and they suddenly pulled her to the couch to sit and play video games with them. Suho just smiled and he was satisfied enough to see them and her smiling and having fun. She glanced at Suho and he gave her a warm smile. She noticed Chanyeol coming out of the room and behind him was Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Chanyeol smiled widely and was excited to see her.

 

“MINYEONGIE!~~~” he squished himself in between of Minyeong and Sehun. “You’re here. It’s so nice to see you here!” he said literally shaking MinYeong. Suho had to slap his head to make him stop shaking her. She laughed at his silliness.

 

“D.O. Hyung, I’m hungggrrryyyy~~~” Sehun whined with his puppy eyes looking at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo smiled and went to the kitchen. MinYeong was about to follow him but Baekhyun stopped her and cling on her, pulling her to the other living room.

 

“Are you still mad?” he asked and she shook her head. “Ooohh. Thank Jesus. I thought you were gonna be mad for a long time” “Tell me. Why do you think I would be mad at you? I was just really irritated” MinYeong asked him and he smiled at her.

 

“You are protective of your past. That much I know. Knowing you, you don’t want the new group to know” Baekhyun looked at her. “You know what… I think I know why Kyungsoo can’t let you go” he said and she looked at him with confusion in her eyes. “It’s just I know him so well. All these years, and he still looks after you as a friend and even then, he still want that thing to work out between the two”

 

“Stop harassing her Baekhyun” Chen interrupted. “Kyungsoo wants you in the kitchen” she glanced at Baekhyun and excused herself. “Pabo!” Chen hit the other’s head. “Stop telling her things that’ll make it complicated for the both of them” “I’m NOT!” Baekhyun threw his hands up in the air for defense. “Follow me. Let’s just play the game with Jongin… while we wait for the food” Chen laughed while dragging Baekhyun to the living room where the maknaes play.

 

 

 

“What are you making?” MinYeong asked as she entered the kitchen, seeing Kyungsoo just looking around the fridge taking out some strawberries for her. “OH! My favorite!” she took a piece and had a bite and was pleased that it was sweet. Kyungsoo glanced at her and gave a satisfying smile. “You always spoil the maknaes” she stood beside him and kept eating the strawberries.

 

“How was your ice cream date with the boys?” Kyungsoo suddenly asked while he was cutting some cucumber. “Yeah… how did it go?” Baekhyun suddenly entered the scene, with Chen, Chanyeol, Xiumin and Suho. “What date? What boys?” Chanyeol asked carelessly. “NCT127, she went to get ice cream with them. Mark wanted to cheer her up since she got a bad call from her job this morning” Baekhyun spilled everything out.

 

“Oh Jinja? Whoaa… Mark is really growing up well” Xiumin commented happily, it’s obvious that he adored Mark. “I remember when he was so tiny and young. He was so cute. He came here from Canada by himself to be a trainee. He’s such a strong kid” he happily munched on the strawberries while making a comment about the hardworking boy.

 

“I had Uncle call his parents to come on their first day of comeback” MinYeong said out of nowhere making them look at her. Kyungsoo slowed down with what he’s doing. “He seems like a really hardworking person, I felt really bad when I was in the car with them earlier. I dropped them off to the company and I saw him when I was leaving, he looked so tired so I fixed his clothes and glasses. He looked really cute” MinYeong said cheerfully to Xiumin and they were both giggling. Kyungsoo unknowingly wasn’t happy with what he heard and the others noticed it.

 

“Looks like you’re having a new favorite” Suho commented. “Well, not really. He’s just really cute and hardworking. I feel bad to be honest. I don’t know how people can fly overseas and leave their family to be an idol” she answered as she moved closer to Kyungsoo. The boy glanced at her and how happy she looked. He internally sighed and continued with what he’s doing.

 

“MinYeong-ah… let me show you my new electric guitar” Chanyeol said grabbing her away from everyone else, she can’t even say anything.

 

Everyone else glanced at Kyungsoo and how calm he looks right now. They are worried. They know how jealous he gets sometimes. Xiumin stood beside him and asked if he was okay and the boy just nodded.

 

“Don’t be jealous” Xiumin reminded him. “Remember, she’s just being a good Noona to them” “I know Hyung…” Kyungsoo smiled. “plus I know Mark is scared of liking someone who is liked by one of us”

 

“Are you sure about that?” Baekhyun asked. “Sure I am. I know him well” Xiumin defended. “That boy was looking at MinYeong differently… what if he actually likes her, what would you do Kyung?” Baekhyun smirked and teased the other boy. “Oh stop it” Suho interfered. “They have a long way to go... I don’t think Mark is thinking of dating or even liking someone now. He is focused with his career. Don’t worry Kyung. Don’t listen to Baekhyun”

 

“I won’t and I’m not” Kyungsoo answered giving them a reassuring smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Whoa… this is cool Chanyeol!” she exclaimed once the tall guy pulled out the new electric guitar he bought. “I wish I knew how to play guitar” she sighed. “I could teach you but I think you’re busy with your school and work” he rubbed the back of his neck. “Yea.. I got a call this morning for a conf---- ! My conference call!” she cursed under her breath and took her phone out right away. She excused herself and ran downstairs and out to the other quiet living room and she signaled the maknaes to be quiet.

 

Everyone wondered what happened but Chanyeol followed her down and he told the guys that she forgot her conference call. They all looked at her worried and Kyungsoo quietly walked towards her and she looked at him with a worried look. Her eyes looked so worried and just had a pure ‘I totally forgot’ look on it. Chen handed a glass of water to Kyungsoo and he gave it to MinYeong. She took a sip of it and gave it back to Kyungsoo.

 

“Yes. I understand, then we need to make sure that they follow the protocol. This is a serious matter” she spoke in English in the other line. The boys sat and just looked at her and they were mesmerized on how serious she gets when it comes to her job. “No. I don’t think I will be back soon. I will communicate via email or text messages. Send me the report right after the meeting. I will take a look at it later tonight” she emphasized to the other person in line. She nodded once more and hang up the call. She turned around and was welcome with 8 boys looking at her and they gave her a warm ‘you can relax now’ smile. It somehow made her feel better. She sat beside Kyungsoo and hugged a pillow.

 

“I hate my life” she sighed. “Do you want some food? I can cook pasta” Kyungsoo asked and she shook her head. “I just want to be alone…” she hid her face on the pillow and they left. “You can go, I want to be by myself” she mumbled in the pillow telling Kyungsoo. He left her as she wished and she sighed heavily. She had her head on hidden for a couple minutes until her phone dinged for a text message.

 

From: Johnny

“Thank you for the ice cream! We are all full of sugar so we are working hard!”

 

She opened the text message and open the image attached. She smiled. Another text message came and it she had to run to Xiumin to show him.

 

“Xiumin Oppa! LOOK!” she run and clicked the text message and showed Xiumin. “Oh my gosh. He is the cutest! I told you!” the older guy said and they were both giggling. “LOOK guys. Mark sent me a selfie. He is so cute. He even said thank you for fixing his clothes and glasses earlier. Aaawwwee.. He was probably so shy earlier! He had to text me. So sweet” MinYeong cheerfully told the boys and they weren’t expecting her to be so fond of Mark. She was busy showing the boys the group picture Johnny sent and they were all commenting on how hard working the group is. Kyungsoo is quiet by himself, sitting and looking at MinYeong.

 

 

 

 

 

“I can’t let you go. Not yet MinYeong. Not yet” Kyungsoo thought to himself, starring at her and how happy she is.