Chapter3

My First and Last

*Flashback*

 

Minyeong was dozing off to sleep after she talked to Kyungsoo, until her phone rang again. She glanced at it sighed when she saw the caller ID. Uncle SM it says in the caller ID, she knew if she ignores it she would receive several more calls, so she decided to answer it.

 

“Yes Uncle?” she answered in a sleepy voice. “Did I wake you up?” The older man asked her and she shook her head and gave a “hhhmm” answer. “Well, how are you? I haven’t heard that much from you lately” he asked.

 

“I’m okay. It’s just a lot of things that needs to be done for school. A little stressful but I can manage” she answered while the older guy just listened to her. “I was talking to Kyungsoo earlier and I guess they’re getting ready for their comeback”

 

“Yeah they are. I didn’t know you still talk to him.” He said.

 

“Of course I do. I always talk to him and EXO members. I’m so stressful that he even suggested that I can go back there so I can rest and be stress free and----” she kept talking and like a slip of the tongue, she accidentally mentioned what Kyungsoo told her. “Ooopppsss…. I didn’t mean to say that Uncle” she gasp and her uncle chuckled on the other line.

 

“He suggested that?” he chuckled. “Well I’m sure him—I mean, they miss you. They haven’t seen you for awhile”

 

“I’m still finishing some school work here but… I can come in a couple days or week?”

 

“Minyeong, dear, anytime you wanna come home, you know you can” he said in a soothing voice.

 

“Thanks Uncle. I’ll come in a couple of days. I’ll just submit all my requirements early and let the school know that I’ll be going on an early school break”

 

“Sure. Should I let EXO know then?” he asked and got a reassuring YES answer from Minyeong. “Oh, also, have you heard of NCT? NCT127?”

 

“Hhhmmm? Oh, that group that you were forming for quite awhile? Well, I heard they debuted already but I’m so busy I couldn’t really keep up with anything”

 

“Well, they’re nice. It would be also nice if you meet them. Looks like they’ll be the next---”

 

“No, EXO is still number 1 everywhere and nobody can replace them” she immediately argue.

 

“I didn’t say they’ll replace EXO, I just said they can be the next EXO” he calmly said and that earned a sigh from the younger lady. “When you meet them, you’ll like them for sure. Just give them a chance okay?”

 

“Fine. I will” Minyeong groaned. “I’ll be there in a couple days Uncle. I have to sleep now. Goodnight” she said and hangs up the phone.

 

 

*Currently*

 

Minyeong recalled her conversation with her Uncle. It us exactly 12 days ago when she last talked to him and Kyungsoo. She is now on the plane that is about to land in Korea. She opened the window of the plane and looked outside and had a heavy sigh. She is unsure if this is a good decision but what else can she do, she’s already sitting in the plane and in just few minutes she’ll be in Korea. The plane landing went smooth and she could do 1st class, however, she didn’t wanna be so special so she took economy class. She always thinks that nobody knows or recognize her, maybe she is right, she hasn’t been home for a long time so she does not really expect much. She went through the baggage carousel and picked up her luggage. The moment she exited the airport door, there was the driver of her Uncle, waiting for her and she flashed a smile while she hands him her luggage and once she settled inside the car, they were off to go back to her Uncle’s house.

 

Ahjussi, how are you? Long time no see” she asked the driver, Mr. Lim.

 

“I’m doing okay Ms. Minyeong. Long time no see. I hope you are doing well. You have grown into a beautiful young lady” Mr. Lim answered and smiled at her.

 

“Ahjussi, are we going home? I want to go to the company first. Uncle is not picking up his phone so I’ll just go there” she asked and just got a nod from the driver. She sat back and looked so emerge on her phone as she was scrolling through some pictures. “Have you met NCT127?”

 

“I have. Maybe a couple of times. Your Uncle is a fan of them” he answered while focusing on the road. “Have you not met them? They were rookies at the company and now they are slowly growing up and becoming popular”

 

Ani. I don’t remember them. Maybe I’ve only seen one member. I’m scrolling through their pictures and I don’t really recognize anybody” she said as her brows meet each other. “Oh wait… I think I wrote their song, Timeless. Uncle said he would have them sing it. Do you know who the members who sang it?”

 

“I believe it was Jaehyun, Doyoung and Taeil. They really have a good voice. Do you want me to play it for you?” he asked and Minyeong looked up and smiled and nodded non-stop. Mr. Lim played the entitled song. She was listening to them while she browse to see what they look like and she just flashed a smile and sat back.

 

Once they arrived at the SMent building, she used the back entrance so she doesn’t gain too much attention. She entered the building and went straight to the 3rd floor’s piano room. Nobody was in sight so she was happy that she get to snuck in the piano room. She sat there and started playing the piano with NCT’s Timeless song. She was playing the piano with so much emotion until she noticed 3 guys standing by the door and she smiled at them leaving the 3 guys confused while she asked the question.

 

 

“Hi! Would you mind singing the song while I play the piano?”