Chapter 8

My First and Last
SAVE ME! I’M BEING KILLED!!!! ANDWAE!! I’M SORRY I’M SORRY!!”

 

 

Baekhyun screamed inside the room, exaggerating the situation he is now. MinYeong wasn’t happy that he told the NCT members about her and Kyungsoo, and as for Kyungsoo, what can the boy do, his blabber mouth friend can’t keep a secret. Baekhyun was sitting on the bed while Kyungsoo hit his head quite a few times. Baekhyun looked at MinYeong and she has her arms crossed, pissed. She looked at Kyungsoo and signalled him to stop which the latter did.

 

“They just wanna know. The boys kept wondering you know” Baekhyun reasoned out to both of them and both have a sigh out. “I don’t think there’s anything wrong about them knowing it. It’s all in the past now” he said carelessly without even thinking and MinYeong signaled him to leave the room but he disagreed.

 

“Baek, just go” MinYeong said once more, this time with a pleading voice. She knew it was all in the past but memories came flashing back and she thought she was over it but she was not, obviously. She caught Kyungsoo looking at her with his worried look. Baekhyun whispered an apology and decided to leave the two alone. Kyungsoo stood up and hugged her.

 

“Mianhe…” he said hugging her tightly. “I thought… I got over it. I thought, I was okay” she said with her shaky voice, just in a few more seconds, her tears are about to fall. He cupped her face and looked at her with sincerity in his eyes. “MinYeong, what happened about us before, is not your fault. It’s nobody’s fault. I was careless and was not thinking right when I did that and it hurt you so bad that I was mad at myself. I should’ve thought about my actions” he said wiping her tears that are streaming down her face. “I-I-it’s not… not your fault… either” she answered, hiccupping, and crying at the same time. “We were young back then and we made decisions that we shouldn’t make and we grow from those mistakes” he smiled at her. “Look at us now. Even after of what happened before, our friendship didn’t get affected. I event think we have gotten closer. Right?” he asked her and said those comforting words and she smiled and nodded.

 

She hugged Kyungsoo tightly and muffled a thank you. He caressed her hair once more before breaking the hug. “I believed you have some work to do” she shook her head. “I owe NCT an Ice Cream date” she answered. She was getting her bag and he was just standing there, watching her. She was humming and he enjoyed seeing her, happy. “What are you looking at?” she asked him as if she knew he was watching her. “I didn’t really promise them but it’s nice to treat them out. I supposed they’re working hard” she reasoned out. He just nodded and smiled at her. When she was ready, both of them went downstairs, gaining the attention from the people they have left downstairs.

 

The members looked up and got a little bit excited when they saw them going down and noticing that MinYeong had her bag with her. “Do you think we’re going to get ice cream?” Haechan asked Mark quietly and he just put his shoulders up gesturing he’s not sure. “Kaja…. I’ll let the driver prepare a car” MinYeong spoke once they reached the living room. “Where?” “Are we getting ice cream?” the members asked and she nodded. “JINJA?!” Mark yelped out in excitement and his face lit up when she nodded.

 

“Are we invited?” Baekhyun asked and Kyungsoo smack his head. “She’s still mad at you, don’t even expect” Kyungsoo told him. “We’re gonna go back to the dorm now. The other members might be starving” Kyungsoo bid goodbye so did Baekhyun. Baekhyun gave MinYeong a hug and apologized once more before leaving. MinYeong gave Kyungsoo a smile and nodded, that’s a sign of saying goodbye, well at least for her. SooMan soon left and went to the company, giving a warning to the NCT not to stay out too long.

 

 

The driver had prepared a car for MinYeong to ride. Taeyong, Jaehyun and Mark decided to ride with MinYeong, or more like they were pushed out of the van to stay with MinYeong. MinYeong decided to sit in the back, making Taeyong sit in front beside the driver. He’s used to sitting in front anyway, being the leader he is. Mark was squished in the middle seat and Jaehyun was sitting behind Taeyong. They looked at MinYeong who is sitting casually beside Mark while she was on her laptop. The driver knew where to take them so she didn’t really bother telling him. The ride was very quiet and all that was heard was MinYeong’s typing and pressing the keyboard a little aggressive, like it’s going to come off anytime soon. Mark gulped hard as he can feel like she was mad. She abruptly stopped and looked at Mark, startling him, making him look away.

 

“MinHyung…” she called him with his real name, sending shivers down his spine, he was used on being called as Mark. “…is my typing bothering you?” she asked and he shyly said no. “Is he telling the truth, Jaehyun? Taeyong?” she then asked the two and Mark intervenes. “Noona… aniya. I’m sorry. I just feel sorry for the keyboard. It looks like it’s going to come off anytime soon” he reasoned out trying to defend himself as if he did something wrong. The other two boys chuckled. “Oh. Sorry. This is how I type when I’m annoyed” she answered pretty straightforward. Taeyong looked to his side so he can look at her. “Did you not want to go with us? We can just be dropped off to the company” he asked worriedly and she shook her head. “No. I just needed to send this email before I forget” she smiled at him and he settled with that answer. “So is your parents in Canada, Mark?” she asked while she was focused on her laptop again. “Yes. They actually just went back there. They were here for a little bit so it gave me time to visit them and see them. I miss them so much” the younger admitted making MinYeong stop focusing on whatever she was doing. It was a long pause until she spoke again. “Do you want to go visit them?” she asked and the younger’s face lit up. Jaehyun dodge his head a little bit to look at MinYeoong and he saw that she wasn’t kidding at all. Taeyong looked as well and for the very first time, he saw Mark’s joyful expression again.

 

“It’s impossible, isn’t it?” Jaehyun asked. She looked at him and calmly and safely answered. “Nothing is impossible. You guys are NCT127” she smiled at him.

 

 

 

The drive was not expected to be longer, but it seemed to be long. To their dismay, they were brought back to the company’s building. Everyone was disappointed, Haechan was whining the whole time he was walking towards inside the building. Yes, they just stopped at the ice cream shop, the driver ordered their ice creams and drove them back to the company. They couldn’t risk being out in public with a girl, especially MinYeong. It was Taeyong’s decision to do it that way. He knows he’s going to hear whining from the members almost all day. They walked in their practice room, the other NCT members were in the dorm, enjoying their days of no dance practice. Everyone was in the practice room now enjoying their ice cream. MinYeong excused herself to go to SooMan’s office and promised she’ll be back.

 

“Is she not back yet?” Jaehyun asked Taeyong shook his head. “She’s probably with EXO sunbaenims”

 

“I can hear you, Jaehyun” MinYeong answered suddenly that almost gave them a heart attack. “I don’t know how you just suddenly appear” Doyoung mentioned holding his chest. “I’m everywhere… Doyoung-ssi” she playfully called him formally.

 

“Here” Johnny handed her almost melted ice cream. “What took you so long?” he asked her casually and she just glanced at him. “What? That’s a scary glance” he laughed nervously. “Where’s Mark?” she asked not noticing the boy in the room and everyone answered that he’s in the restroom. “Okay… so… I’ll have his parents come back here when you guys do your first comeback appearance” she confessed to them and everyone had their eyes wide open.

 

“Mwo? Jinja? Noona?! Jinja?!!” they all asked in excitement and she nodded. “SSHH! But we have to keep it with Mark. Arasso?! YUTA! Arasso?” Yuta did an ‘yes maam’ gesture and she laughed.

 

“You’re very nice to do that. Thank you” Jaehyun stood beside her. “it’s nothing, I know how it feels to miss your parents” she smiled. “Oh I gotta get going. Don’t tell Mark” she bid farewell and walked out of the practice room.

 

She was walking in the hallways where she saw Mark walking back. He looks so tired, she thought. He looked up and gave a smile when he saw MinYeong. He walked faster and stopped in front of her. He gave her a shy but warm smile and just stood there.

 

“Mark, get going. They must be waiting for you” she said and continued walking. “Noona…” he called her and she turned around and gave him a confused look. “A-Are you going home? Or are you going to EXO sunbaenims?” she was a little taken aback with his question. “Wae?” she walked a little closer to him. “Uhhmm… nothing. Sorry for asking. I’ll get going” he bowed and apologized and started walking back.

 

“Mark” she called him and he turned around. She walked closer to him and she fixed his shirt that was a little lose and hanging on his shoulder, then fixed his eyeglasses and fixed his hair. He was a taken aback from her gestures. “Make sure you get some rest, okay? Thank you for all your hard work all these years” she smiled at him genuinely. She turned around and started walking away from him. He was just standing there, frozen, not believing what just happened. He held his chest and felt his heartbeat, pounding like a sledgehammer and he his chest.

 

 

 

“Aniya Mark… Aniya. You can’t. She’s Kyungsoo Hyung’s. Relax Mark… Relax”