Chapter1

My First and Last

Today I woke up just because I had to

Without any known reason of why I woke up

I washed my face and brushed my teeth

I looked at the mirror and stared at myself

"Why am I here? Why am I awake this early?"

thoughts ran in my mind, reasoning thoughts that I may have

I curled my hair and stared in the mirror

I've put on make-up to cover the flaws I may have

I have plenty of flaws, not just one but plenty

this made me think, it might be the flaws that makes me feel empty

Empty that I function like an everyday robot

No Reason, no purpose, repetitive actions

I stared at myself again, one last time

A smile was formed in my lips, an empty smile

A meaningless smile, a smile with no reason

I stared in the mirror, and stared deeply

"What am I? What's my purpose? Why am I the way I am?"

I smiled once more. this time it had more meaning

the purpose of my existence, the sole purpose of why I'm here

"Live.Live your life. Everyone loves you. Love yourself. Live"

The thought stayed in my mind and for the last time

I smiled at myself, "Live. that's your purpose. Live"

Lee Minyeong

 

"Did you write this?" Kyungsoo asked as he was looking at her through the phone screen and she was just staring down doing her homework.

 

"Yeah of course I did. Why would I write my name there if I didn't write it. Is it..... too emotional?" she asked, still looking down.

 

"Do you think it's emotional? Minyeong... are you, okay?" Kyungsoo asked and she stopped for a moment and finally looked at the phone screen.

 

"I am... I'm sure I'm okay. It's just... ugh... it's so hard nowadays. Like why is everyday seems like a written page from a book or like what I said, like a robot. Is there anything else we can do and fee or whatever" she kept saying and rolled her eyes on the word and sighed. Kyungsoo just looked at her and smiled. "Why are you smiling like that?"

 

"I think you miss me that's why you've been writing this type of poems again. I know how you are Minyeong" he replied.

 

"Ugh... whatever. I'm hanging up. My homeworks from school are just piling up and I can't seem to finish anything. I'll call you sometime" she said in a irritated and disappointed tone of voice.

 

"Alright. Call me when you're done with your homeworks, Okay? Jalga" Kyungsoo said hanging up the call.

 

Lee Minyeong is the niece of the SM Ent. CEO Lee Soo Man, her father's brother. Her mother left her when she was young to her father and she lost her father when she was 14 years old and she lived with Lee Soo Man right after her father died. She has known Kyungsoo ever since he was a trainee until he debuted in the K-POP industry and she is also close to other EXO members. She doesn't reside in Korea as she is finishing her studies in America and that made it harder for her to see and meet EXO members due to their tight schedule. It was just a lucky day for her that Kyungsoo had a little spare time for both to face time.

 

She took her phone out again and dialed the same person, this time, without video, just plain call.

 

"Neh Minyeong?" Kyungsoo answered in a soft voice.

 

"Kyung... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be grumpy towards you it's just that ----" she was explaining until Kyungsoo cut her.

 

"Minyeong, gwaenchana" Kyungsoo replied and it was just plain silence. "It's funny how I'm a month older than you but you still call me by my name" he scoffed.

 

"Bogoshipeo. I miss you. A lot. I need a break. From all these" she confessed, voice cracking with the feeling of crying.

 

"Come home then. You know your uncle misses you. We'll make you happy, I'll make you happy" Kyungsoo said shyly over the phone and it was quiet and he knew she was almost falling asleep, that's how close they are. Without even looking nor talking he knew what she felt. "Go to sleep. I'll call you tomorrow, okay? Goodnight Minyeong. Saranghae" he said in a low voice tone with a sincerity, the only bad thing is, she had already fallen asleep, or so he thought.

 

He hang up the call before he can even hear her mumbled....

 

 

 

 

"Nado. Saranghae"