Chapter 10

My First and Last

Flashback (before EXO’s debut)

 

“Minyeong…” Kyungsoo called her name while they were walking in the park at night. She looked at him and smiled. He caressed her face, enjoying the view he has in front of him. He thought to himself how lucky he is to be with her. He had been contemplating on whether he should do it or not. He pulled her closed to him and looked at her, straight through her eyes. She smiled once again and that’s the moment he knew, this is the right time.

 

“Wae?” she asked while looking at him. She stared at him, lovingly. She can read his emotions through his eyes. Her heart raced when he smiled at her, those heart shaped lips, those big doe eyes that holds all emotions.

 

“…will you marry me?” he uttered. He was welcomed by a shocking gaze. “only if you want to. I know we never really dated or anything… I just thought… maybe this is better than actually dating… I like you… no… I love you… I have loved you for a long time and I think there is no point on dating when I can just marry you” he explained nervously, still looking at her. He held her hand and kissed it. “I really do love you” he pulled her closer into a hug.

 

“this is not like you Kyung” she mumbles. “this is so sudden… I…” she pulled out from the hug and looked at him with teary. She smiled at him. “Yes… of course. This is the weirdest proposal ever” she giggled. Kyungsoo cupped her face and connected their foreheads. She can hear his breathing and he can hear hers. They both smiled and thinking it was actually the weirdest and craziest out of nowhere proposal. “I love you” she shyly said. He kissed her forehead and pulled her in for a hug.

 

 

Few months after the proposal, EXO’s pre-debut pictures started coming out and Kyungsoo might not be as popular as the others, but he definitely got some fans. Minyeong got a little worried that they are getting a lot of attention than expected and she is worried that they might find out that Kyungsoo proposed to her.

 

They were in EXO’s practice room when Baekhyun sensed something is up with Kyungsoo. He has been online shopping which he doesn’t usually do and when he looked at the screen, Baekhyun was shocked on what he was shopping. Rings. Wedding Rings to be exact.

 

“Kyung… why are you looking at wedding rings?” He asked the younger.

 

“It’s for Minyeong. I proposed to her a few months ago and I want to get married before we debut” he answered carelessly and focused on the screen.

 

“MWO? Kyung… how? You two aren’t—-“

 

“I know, we aren’t dating. I don’t think we need to date. I love her and she loves me”

 

“What are you gonna do and tell SooMan Sajangnim?” Baekhyun worriedly asked, unsure of the decision of the younger.

 

“I haven’t told him yet. But I—-“ Kyungsoo got interrupted when SooMan came in with Minyeong.

 

“Kyungsoo. Can I have a word with you? Minyeong is coming with us too” he said in a serious tone of voice.

 

The younger boy stood and smiled at Minyeong. She gave him a warm smile and they both walked behind SooMan. Kyungsoo held her hand shyly and it made her blushed. She still can’t believe that the two of them are engaged. They were just close friends and now, thinking about how they are engaged, still gives her butterflies in her tummies. They reached the office and both of them took a seat in the chair in front of SooMan. He gave both of them water and the older sat down. He looked at them and sighed heavily. It made Minyeong worried. It made Kyungsoo worried and scared.

 

“I don’t know how to say this, I heard around the building that you proposed to Minyeong?” he asked the younger guy and Kyungsoo gulped and nodded. SooMan closed his eyes in disbelief, sighed and leaned back in his chair. “You two… cannot get married” he announced.

 

“Uncle… wae? We’re… we’re gonna be okay. We’ll hide ---” Minyeong tried to reason out but was cut off.

 

“I’m sending you to America to continue your studies and Kyungsoo, you will debut and once you’re a top rising idol, you will forget about Minyeong. You both have to do this. No but’s” he leaned on his desk and gave the two people a serious look.

 

“NO!” Minyeong abruptly stood up. “Uncle you can’t do this! We can manage to hide it” she defended. “Kyung… we can get through this. We can hide it, can’t we?” she turned to him with her eyes welling with tears. “Kyungsoo… please say something”

 

“Minyeong—” he held her hand. “---let’s do what your Uncle says. I don’t want you to get in trouble. I don’t want you to be tied up in any rumors and---” she cut him off.

 

“You just want to be famous and forget about me! I can’t believe I let you fool me!” she let go of his hand and wiped her tears. “I love you. You said you love me! I can’t believe this!” she was crying and it’s breaking Kyungsoo and SooMan’s heart. “I hate you. Both of you!” she yelled and stormed out of the office. Kyungsoo tried to stop her but SooMan stopped him.

 

“I know this is hard and I am so sorry to do this to both of you. You know how much I adore you and my niece together. It’s just such a risk for both of you. I hope you understand Kyungsoo. I really do apologize” SooMan said in almost a plea and begging voice.

 

“I understand Sajangnim” he nodded. “I will try to talk to her. She might not let me, but I will give it a shot. This is also my fault. I should’ve thought about it more” he bowed and left the office.

 

He came searching for her, but she had gone home according to the members. Kyungsoo had to tell them what happened, and they were all worried about the both of the people involved. They tried calling her but no answer. They decided to go to Minyeong’s house but she apparently didn’t go home. Kyungsoo asked for the members to go back home and that he will wait for her and they all agreed. He went in her room and there, he saw traces of their happy memories together as best friends. He sighed and sat on the bed. He was tired from the practice and little did he know, he fell asleep.

 

It was almost 1AM when he woke up and felt the weight on the other side of the bed and the soft breathing. He turned to the side and there she was, the person he was waiting for, sleeping peacefully. He loves seeing her face while she’s asleep. It always gave him butterflies in his stomach and he was tempted to kiss her. He shook his thoughts away and watched her quietly. She shifted her position and woke up a little bit. She saw him looking at her, so she gave him a smile, a sad smile. It hurts Kyungsoo so much. He pulled her into a hug and he can hear her sobbing, quietly.

 

“This is unfair…” she cried in his embrace. All he can do is hug her tight. “…I’m leaving in two days and I don’t want to leave. I don’t want to leave you”

 

“Sssshhh… it’s okay” he assured her. “I will always be here for you… I promise. I will always love you” he kissed the top of her head. He was holding back his tears.

 

 

 

*PRESENT DAY*

 

“Can I sleep here?” Minyeong asked while they were having dinner. The boys almost choked and Kyungsoo gave her a wide eye. “Andwae?” she pouted in disappointment.

 

“Minyeong, mianhe. I think it’s best if you go home. You don’t want to get caught and---” Suho was reasoning when she cut him off.

 

“Fine” she crossed her arms. “This is like when you guys were debuting and I had to be sent to America!” she protested. “Whatever. I’m leaving then” she stood up and they all panicked. She was almost out the door when Kyungsoo stopped her. “What?” she turned and asked him.

 

“Just stay. Sleep in my room. I’ll have Chanyeol and Kai sleep in the other room with the others”

 

“No. You’re just going to get in trouble and---”

 

“I’ll be okay. Trust me this time” he reassured her. She agreed to it and she went straight to his room. She put on one of his shirts and baggy sweatpants. She admired his room. It was simple. She’d always liked that about him. She smiled when she saw one of their pictures on his night stand. She lied down and smelled the sheets.

 

“Don’t sniff it too hard” Kyungsoo entered and made a joke. She chuckled and gave him space in the bed. “Aren’t you tired?” she shook her head. He was being nosy and looked at her phone. “Oh… there’s a message here. It’s a number from Canada”

 

“Let me see!” she grabbed her phone excitedly and smiled as she text back. “It’s Mark’s parents. I told them to fly on their comeback and they agreed. I’m so glad they did” she was too focused to even notice that Kyungsoo’s smile faded away and was in total disbelief when he asked her a question.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you like Mark?”