We're girlfriends for real

Let's Not Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They both remained like that, pretending to be girlfriends while getting to know each other better.

 

Their friends didn't say nor tease them anymore. They just let them 'act' but of course, there wasn't a single action that they don't ever thought they are just 'acting'. But they just decided to not mind it; not that they can do something about it.

 

Today is their graduation day and everyone is feeling nervous and excited at the same time.

 

Mina, Dahyun and Chaeyoung parents are all there, Jihyo's mom, Momo's dad, Jeongyeon's sister and Pinky to witness their loved ones graduation. Except Sana, her parents weren't able to come because they have to walk in order to sustain food for their living.

 

Well, that's what Sana thought.

 

Tzuyu had planned it a week ago.

 

 

 

 

 

--Flashback--

 

"Unnie, can I ask you something?" Tzuyu asked as she and Jihyo are both sitting on their usual table during lunch.

 

The other girls are all busy ordering something using Tzuyu's card.

 

"Hmm? About what?" Jihyo said, looking at her.

 

"Sana and I talked about who will come to our graduation." Tzuyu said with a little bit of sad tone.

 

Jihyo frowned. "And?"

 

"She said no one will come for her." Tzuyu confessed.

 

"Ahh... About that, we actually talked about that ever since." Jihyo sighed, looking at Sana from a far with pity.

 

Tzuyu wrinkled her eyebrows. "What did you guys talked about?"

 

Jihyo cleared . "We both know that Sana isn't rich right? The thing is, her parents cannot afford to buy some plane tickets. We also tried to offer her some money but she keeps on refusing."

 

"What why?"

 

"I don't know. Maybe because she feels like she's a burden to us? She said she's already thankful for us for letting her live with us for free." Jihyo explained.

 

Tzuyu heaved a long sigh. "Do you... Do you perhaps know her parents' number?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Just give it to me please?" She pleads.

 

"Okay," Jihyo took her phone from her jeans' pocket. "Here," Then she gave Tzuyu the digits of Sana's mother.

 

"Thank you for this. I'll just excuse my lself for a bit." Tzuyu stand up then walked towards the exit.

 

"Where is she going?" Nayeon asked when all of them took a seat on their table.

 

"I don't know. But I know she'll return. Let's just eat now." Jihyo tried to divert Sana's attention that is looking at the exit for of their school's cafeteria. Actually, she has a clue on what Tzuyu is planning to do and decide to be quiet about it.

 

Meanwhile,

 

Tzuyu started to dial the number that Jihyo gave her.

 

It rang for the 7th time before someone finally picked it up.

 

"Hello?" She heard an of lady's voice from the other line using Japanese.

 

She cleared , trying to remember the few words and phrases she learned from her Japanese language subject in high school.

 

"H-Hello Ma'am." She said nervously.

 

"Who is this?" The old lady asked. She presumes it is Sana's mother.

 

"I am a friend of your daughter here in Korea."

 

"Ah, Jihyo?" The woman tried to guess.

 

Tzuyu chuckled a bit. "No Ma'am, I am Tzuyu. We're new friends."

 

"Oh, okay. Why did you call dear?"

 

"I just... want to know your thoughts about your daughter's graduation?" She asked cautiously.

 

"Ah, about that? My husband and I would not come." She can hear the sad tone of Sana's mother which made her heart aches.

 

"If... If ever there's a chance, would you come?" She asked again.

 

"Of course! We've been waiting for this ever since but instead of coming we just decided to work to earn some money to buy her a gift; even calling her costs money. Can you please tell her we said congratulations?" Sana's mother requested.

 

She was about to turned down the request better she have a better plan but Sana's mom took it on different way. "Ma'am, I don't want to b--"

 

"It's okay, I'm sorry for asking." She heard anything sad tone from Sana's mom.

 

Tzuyu cleared . "No Ma'am, I mean, I don't want to be the first one to congratulate her; I want it to be you."

 

Sana's mom sighed. "But we cannot come."

 

"Yes you can. Would you mind if I buy you plane tickets?" She happily offered while praying silently.

 

'Please!'

 

Sana's mother immediately turned down her offer. "Dear, no need, we are already greatful that Sana is graduating. You don't need to waste your money for us."

 

"Please Ma’am; take this as my gift for you, for taking care of her ever since and for always loving her." Tzuyu tried to convince her.

 

"B-but..."

 

"Please, I would be grateful to see your own daughter seeing her parents on her graduation. Please," She tried to convince her again.

 

"Why are you doing this?" Sana's mother asked but hasn't given her answer yet.

 

"Just because," She lied.

 

'It's because I like your daughter a lot and I will do everything to make her happy.'

 

The woman sighed. "Okay, if that's what you want."

 

Tzuyu smiled widely. "Great! I'm not going to tell her yet Ma'am. I want it to be a surprise for her."

 

"Okay, we're really thankful for you." She heard a sniffled cry from the other line.

 

She shook her head. "No problem Ma'am."

 

Sana's mom cleared . "Anyways, I have to go back to work now."

 

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Take care Ma'am."

 

"Thank you." That was the only thing that she hears before she end the call.

 

She smiled happily to herself and then went back to their table and sit beside the curious Sana.

 

"Where did you go?" Sana asked curiously.

 

"I just did some important stuff." She said then smiled at Sana who just nods her head.

 

"Are you sure you guys just want these? You can order more." Tzuyu said to Sana's friends who are happily eating their foods and then wink at Jihyo.

 

Jihyo gave her an acknowledging smile.

 

"Don't you want to taste something different?" She asked Sana when she saw another spicy rice cakes on the girl's plate.

 

Sana shook her head. "This is my favorite."

 

"How about Japanese food? Don't you miss eating them?" Tzuyu said as she remove the slight hair that fell on Sana's face when she bowed a little to take a bite on her food.

 

"I do, but our canteen doesn’t serve other than Korean." Sana answered then sips her juice.

 

"How about let's eat later outside?" Tzuyu tried again. She just really wanted to spend some along time with Sana.

 

"That's great! Let's go eat something later!" Momo said excitedly.

 

Jihyo saw Tzuyu secretly sighed so she immediately intervenes. "Momo, it wasn't you whom she asking, it was Sana."

 

Tzuyu shook her head. "No it's okay."

 

"Actually, Tzuyu wanted to spend some along time with Sana." Jihyo said without any filter at all making Sana and Tzuyu blush.

 

"Unnie--" Tzuyu tried to rebut but Jihyo cut her off.

 

"Don't mind us please. Just go out later but make sure that you'll send Sana home safe and sound." Jihyo said then throw a glare on the pouting Momo.

 

Mina and Nayeon just shook their heads and continue to eat. 'They are right, food tastes better if it's free.'

 

 

 

 

 

--Present--

 

Sana is just busy sitting in her assigned seat beside Mina when she tried to look for Tzuyu.

 

She wrinkled her eyebrows when she saw her seat empty.

 

'Where is she? The ceremony is about to start.'

 

She roams her eyes through the entire graduation hall and found Tzuyu from the crowd of family of graduants.

 

She tried to look even closer to the people that Tzuyu is talking to. She saw them wearing face masks and caps.

 

'Who are they? Are they perhaps her parents?'

 

She felt a little conscious about her own thought. If they are Tzuyu's parents then there's a possibility that Tzuyu will introduce her to them.

 

She shrugged the idea and just looked back to the large stage of their school.

 

The giving of diplomas started as well as the giving of medals and recognition for those students who performed great and managed to get a medal or medals.

 

Of course, both Sana and Tzuyu have for their excellent performance in school.

 

When the ceremony finally comes to an end, each student comes to their own family.

 

Sana emits a bitter smile seeing her friends looking happy with her family. How she wishes her parents are also here.

 

Her train of thought got cut off when someone pokes her.

 

She turned around and saw a smiling Tzuyu.

 

"Hi!" Tzuyu happily smiled at her then gave her a hug.

 

"Hi," She tried to force a smile.

 

"Are you okay?" Tzuyu asked even though she already knew the answer. She ran her hand through Sana's arms.

 

"Yeah, of course." Sana gave her a full smile this time though it wasn't convincing at all.

 

Before Tzuyu could say something again, their other friends walked towards them.

 

"Hi, I just want to say goodbye and see you tomorrow." Jihyo said and smiled widely at Sana and then secretly winked at Tzuyu.

 

"Yes, we're leaving now." Nayeon said and Momo nodded.

 

"Let's drink tommorow okay?" Mina said and then left after Jihyo, Momo and Mina.

 

"Bye," Jeongyeon said simply then hugged pats Tzuyu on the shoulder.

 

"Bye bye!" Dahyun said and Chaeyoung just nodded then they both left.

 

Tzuyu cleared ; seeing the sad look on Sana's face. "Anyways, I am also going to leave now." She hugged Sana for about five seconds then left without even looking back.

 

Sana bit her lower lip trying to stop her tears from falling.

 

She took a seat on a chair beside her then lowers her head as tear started to flow down her face.

 

'They didn't even congratulate me. And now I have on one to celebrate with. Should I be happy that I graduated or not?'

 

She used the hem of her graduation gown to remove the tears in her face.

 

Her shoulders starts to shake as she hardly breathe.

 

A minute later she saw a pair of shoes in front her. She raised her head and saw a smiling Tzuyu with her hands on her back.

 

"W-what... Why a-are you still here?" She asked as she removed her tears.

 

Tzuyu smiled at her again. "I lied. I just went to my car to get you this." The said then revealed a bouquet of gladiolus in her hand.

 

Sana cried even more; this time because she's happy that Tzuyu returned and didn't actually leave her.

 

She gets the flower in Tzuyu hand with a smile. "T-thank you."

 

Tzuyu said nothing but kissed her on her forehead.

 

She smiled at the affection. "Thank you for this really. But I don't any gift for you."

 

Tzuyu shook her head. "Of course you do."

 

She wrinkled her eyebrows. "What?"

 

Tzuyu gave her a smile then take out a blindfold from her pocket. "Wear this please."

 

"But why?" She asked confused. She didn't know where is this coming.

 

"Just wear this, as your gift for me." Tzuyu said then walked behind her.

 

"Tzuyu..." She said with worry in her voice.

 

Tzuyu hold her shoulders. "It's okay. Trust me with this."

 

She then nods her head and let Tzuyu put the piece of cloth in her eyes.

 

"Let's go now." Tzuyu whispered to her ears then slowly pulled her up.

 

She immediately grip Tzuyu's hand tightly. "Tzuyu..." She repeated to ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter