Chapter 12

Gravity
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon has been rather busy during the past week. She wanted to finish, at least, two more paintings before the gallery opening next month.

Her art was famous for her attention to detail and for the time, talent, and passion poured into every single .

You were in awe every time she showed you one of her paintings and have encouraged her to pursue her dreams ever since you found out about it.



You had just walked Taeyeon home, under the burning sun, after going with her to buy a present for her mom.

She invited you to stay for a while to cool off and to spend more time with you before you go back to the orphanage.

She told you to wait in her room, but something got your attention in the hallway. She smiled when she saw how focused you were and walked past you to her room to place the cold drinks on her desk. She then went back to where you were and back hugged you, placing her chin on your shoulder.

“This painting is hypnotizing.” You placed your hands on hers.

“It took me a whole year to finish it.”

As soon as she said that, you looked at her as if she had five eyes. She chuckled and pecked your lips before going back to her room. You followed her.

“A whole year?” Your eyes looked like they were about to fall out of your sockets. She nodded, patting the bed. “Do you want to be an artist?”

“I do.” You sat down beside her and held her hand.

“I’ll do my best to help you, even though I don’t think you need it. You’re really talented.”



Taeyeon chuckled at that memory and continued browsing through the paint.

“Enough distractions, now back to work!” She told herself while smiling.

“Yes, ma’am!” She heard you say and looked behind her desk, surprised.

You were sitting on the floor with the laptop on your lap and the box of documents to your right.

“How long have you been here?” Taeyeon asked amused.

“An hour or so.” You shrugged. She walked around her desk and crouched down in front of you.

“You should’ve said hi.” She placed her hand on your head.

“I did, but you were so focused you didn’t hear me.” You both smiled. “Can I stay?”

“Of course.” She pinched your cheek and then went back to work.



Taeyeon finished part of her piece and decided to take a break. She placed her brushes in a cup full of water and removed her apron.

“Are you hungry?” She asked before going around her desk. “Are you okay?” She asked, concerned. You had your hands covering your eyes.

“I’

Please log in to read the full chapter