Chapter 1

Gravity
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The steady beeping of a machine was the first thing you heard when you woke up. You opened your eyes, blinking a few times to adjust your eyes to the sun light coming from the windows, and found yourself in a hospital bed.
You looked to your right and saw a cast that covered your entire arm. You then noticed someone was holding your hand and glanced to your left.
There was a girl asleep with her head on her folded arm on the bed.
When she noticed your movements she woke up, rubbing her eyes before glancing at you.
“You’re awake…” She whispered, her eyes filling with tears. She stood up from her seat and leaned in, hugging you carefully.
“What happened?” You asked, confused.
“We had an accident, remember? We were going back home from our date.” She explained and you frowned. “I thought I was going to lose you…”
“Umm…” She cupped your cheek.
“How long have I been here?” She leaned in and kissed your forehead.
“Two months.” You nodded even when your face showed you were trying to figure things out. “I’ll go get the doctor, okay?” You nodded once more.

 

The doctor got there in no time and did a checkup.
“___, we’re going to draw some blood and do more tests, okay?” The doctor said. You looked at the girl sitting beside you.
“Your name is ___?” You asked her and she frowned.
“No babe. That’s your name.” You frowned too.
“___, what’s the last thing you remember?” The doctor asked and you tried your best to think.
“Just waking up here.” You told him and then smiled to the girl. “What’s your name?”
“I’m Taeyeon, baby. I’m your girlfriend. “Your eyes almost fell out of their sockets.
“A nurse will come back later to take you to get some tests done.” Taeyeon smiled at him.
“You’re my girlfriend?” She nodded. “Cool!” You grinned.
“___, as I said, a nurse will be here soon.” The doctor told you and you nodded.

 


Once he left, you turned all your attention to Taeyeon who was busy messaging everyone about the good news.
You observed her every move while leaning over, peeking at her phone.
After a while she noticed and faced you. You just smiled. She chuckled sadly and shook her head.
“I can’t believe you forgot everything.” She said, putting her phone on the bed. You shrugged.
“I’m sorry, I guess.” She chuckled again but this time with a smile.
“You don’t have to apologize for that, it wasn’t your fault.” She zoned out, remembering the accident.
“Taeyeon” You got her attention back. “What happened to me?”
“You were driving us back home from our dinner date, we stopped at a red light and when it turned green you went ahead and a drunk driver coming from our left hit our car.” She explained and you nodded.
“Did you get hurt?”

Please log in to read the full chapter