Bed and Bath, A Chocolate, and A Connecting Door

The Heiress

I followed Mr. Ice Guy inside the house, erm, mansion and I was greeted by five maids. 

 

“Rein-sama, please follow us to your bedroom.” said one of the maids and escorted me upstairs. We are now in front of a big door and I was shookt to the core when they opened that door! The room is so huge! There is a chandelier hanging at the high ceiling, the room is so bright because of the white and pink wallpaper and the bed! Oh, the bed is SO big! I feel like at least 5 people can fit there. Did I mentioned that it has four posts on each side and pink lacey curtain hanging on top of it? You know, like how a princess bed looks like. 

“You’re gaping your mouth again.” said Mr. Ice Guy as he pushed my chin up to shut my mouth 

“Tsk.” I sneered at him and went back in mesmerizing the room. 

“Rein-sama, please follow me.” said one of the maids as she opened the door at our left and reveal to me a grand walk-in closet! It is a room just for clothes! There are cabinets surrounding the room and a marble center table which holds lots of accessories. There's also a huge mirror in front of me with if I'm not mistaken is a drawer full of make ups? I don’t think I will ever use those. I feel like I'm inside a mall! This is a big room to store clothes and accessories alone. 

“Rein-sama, this is your bathroom.” said another maid and opened another door, seriously, is this mansion a maze?! 

 

I went inside and am I at a spa?! There's a big bathtub at the center of the bathroom. There is also a... JACUZZI?! The sink and vanity area are so wide, I think I can sleep there. The whole bathroom is so bright and smells so good as well as I saw some essential oils at the side and a reed diffuser next to it. 

“Rein-sama, we already prepared your warm bath. You can take a bath now.” said one of the maids as they formed a line and are not moving. 

“Anoo. Are you...gonna stay here?” I asked 

“Hai.” said the maids in perfect sync, “We will just be here if ever you need us.” added one of the maids 

“Anoo..you see, I am not comfortable moving, especially taking a bath when there’s other people around. You may leave me now. I can take care of myself. I got this.” I smiled at them 

“Demo Rein-sama, we are told to assist you.” protested one of the maids 

“Daijoubu, I'm not a handicap ne. I can do this on my own. Thanks for the concern.” I smiled at them and even if they had a confused look on their face, they bowed and left. 

 

“How about you? Don’t tell me you’ll gonna watch me take a bath?” I smirked at Mr. Ice Guy 

“Don’t get too full of yourself. I was about to leave as well.” said Mr. Ice Guy in his cold tone again then he went out. 

 

I looked around me. I went at the walk-in closet and at the bedroom itself. Are these all mine?! Will I really be staying here?! I feel like I'm dreaming! 

 

“Uwaah! And my bedroom is also carpeted! I can even sleep here!” I said as I saw the carpet, lay at it and rolled side to side “So fluffy!!!” 

 

“Rein, Yuuji-san also said--” Mr. Ice Guy barged inside my room and was surprised when he saw me like a dog who just learned how to do the rollover trick at my carpet.  

“Ahh! Don’t you know how to knock first before entering?!” I shouted at him and immediately get up and I can feel my face heating in embarrassment 

“I...I saw nothing. Yuuji-san said prepare now for dinner is about to be serve.” he said and went out immediately 

 

I went to do my thing. I had the most relaxing bath I ever had, I almost fell asleep inside the bathtub. I dried myself up and looked through the cabinets in the walk-in closet. Geez, these are all girly dresses. I'm not used to wear these kinds of stuff since I'm used in jeans and shirts. But I guess I have no choice because these are all girly girly dresses. I finally pulled out a pink chiffon dress and tied my hair into a semi ponytail with the ribbon at the center table. Woah, I didn’t know this is how crazy rich people look like even if they are just gonna eat dinner. Too fancy! 

 

I went on my way towards the dining area. I walked around and walked again and again and again, but I haven’t found where the goddamn dining area is! I think I'm lost! I sat at the floor in exhaustion of walking inside the mansion when I heard footsteps coming towards me. 

 

“You’re just here, everyone’s waiting for you at the dining area.” even without looking, I can tell who was talking. That cold voice that gives me the chills, it definitely belongs to Mr. Ice Guy, I looked up and I am right, it was indeed Mr. Ice Guy stretching his hand in front of me. 

“I got lost searching for the dining area. I’m not familiar with the rooms inside this mansion so yeah.” I said as I looked at his hand which is in front of me, grab it as he helps me get up. 

“I shouldn’t have left you. I should just stayed outside your room, you shouldn’t have lost.” he said as he escorts me to the dining area. 

“Geez, don’t make a big deal out of this.” I chuckled and we made it to the dining area where I saw my grandpa, Satomi and Chiaki 

“Mi-chan! Chi-chan!” I happily said and went to my two friends and hug them, “Waah! Sugoi ne, you two looked kawaii in your clothes!” I said as I saw Satomi wearing mint chiffon top paired with white skirt and Chiaki wearing a baby blue dress which made her looked cuter 

“You look kawaii as well, Rein-chan.” Chiaki smiled at me 

“Gomen, I am late for dinner. I got lost while going here. Geez! This house, I mean this mansion is so big! I feel like I am inside a maze!” I said as I took my seat in front of Chiaki as Mr. Ice Guy sit beside me. I looked at the foods in front of me. Am I at a restaurant!? There are lots of food as if there’s a celebration! And they all looked delicious! Now my tummy will get to have these kinds of foods that I'm just seeing at advertisements before. 

“You’ll get used to it Rein.” my grandfather smiled at me and we began to eat. “By the way, tomorrow Rein, you and your friends can go out and shop all that you want ne. Treat yourselves, have a massage at a spa, get your nails done, you know, typical girl’s bonding.” my grandpa said which made me look at him 

“Eh? Spa? Nails done? Shopping?!” but I have massive amount of clothes at my room! Aren't those enough!?” I said in surprise 

“I want you to treat yourselves. This is the least I can do. I want to spoil you, Rein.” said my grandpa 

“Anoo. Well, I'm not so sure about that ne.” I said with a doubt look on my face 

“Satomi, Chiaki, please guide Rein at this kind of stuffs.” my grandpa said 

“Hai.” smiled Satomi and Chiaki 

 

After dinner, I decided to invade Satomi and Chiaki’s room since they stay at the same room. 

 

“Here is our room ne Rein-chan.” said Chiaki as we are now approaching their room 

“Oh, so your room is just adjacent to mine.” I realized when I looked at the opposite side and saw my bedroom door. Well at least I know the look of my bedroom door, I won’t get lost once I go back. 

“I’ll be leaving you here now, Rein. You'll be ok going back to your room yourself?” Mr. Ice Guy suddenly said 

“Of course! My room is just at the other end of the hall. I have sense of direction once I get to familiarize myself at a place.” I sneered at him. Does he think I'll get lost again? What am I, a kid?! 

“Wakatta. I'll be taking my leave now.” said Mr. Ice Guy as he bowed at us and went away 

“You! Come here with us!” said Satomi as both her and Chiaki dragged me inside their bedroom. Their bedroom is so big as well. There are two big bed at both side of the room and the lavender and white accent of the wall and decors made the room relaxing and bright. 

“Woah, what?” I asked as I was surprised when they dragged me inside their bedroom 

“How’s that bodyguard of yours ne?” said Satomi as she smiled at me cheekily. Chiaki is just listening but her eyes are locked on me as if waiting for my answer 

“Oh, Mr. Ice Guy? Terrible! He is the coldest of the cold person I ever met!” I said as I throw myself at their sofa 

“Eh? Coldest of the cold?” asked Chiaki as she tilted her head at the side 

“Hai. Can't you hear the tone of his voice? Whenever he speaks, I felt chills down my spine!” I said 

“I profiled him; he seems just wanting to be mysterious since we are still strangers for him.” said Satomi as Chiaki nodded in agreement 

“Mysterious my foot! And did I told you that he looked at me disgustedly a while ago because of my clothes?! I think he is a spoiled brat typical rich kid and a know-it-all.” I said irritatingly 

“Ne, maybe you like him.” Chiaki teased me as she poked my side which earned a glare from me 

“I am not! He is so not my type ne.” I said and rolled my eyes 

 

After talking with Satomi and Chiaki, I went back to my room and fell asleep immediately because of the comfy bed I got. 

 

The next day... 

 

“Rein-chan! Wake up ne!” my peaceful slumber was cut off when I hear Satomi and Chiaki’s voice. 

“Erm...five minutes.” I uttered and pulled my duvet over me. 

“We all know that your five minutes will turn into an hour if you don’t get up. So, get up!” said Chiaki as she pulled my duvet away from me taking away the comfiness I am feeling. Satomi then started to shake me. 

“Mou! Hidoi~~” I pouted and slowly sit up, “What is it?” I said sleepily as I rub my eyes 

“Have you forgotten? We will have our girl’s day out today as per your grandpa!” said Satomi excitedly 

“Oh. Hai. I almost forgot.” I said 

“You always forget everything when you’re sleeping soundly.” laughed Chiaki 

 

We all get ready and went downstairs. 

 

“Ohayo. Have you three got a goodnight sleep?” greeted my grandpa as he pulled down the newspaper that he was reading as soon as he saw us coming down. 

“Hai.” the three of us said in perfect sync 

“I see you all are ready for your day out today ne. Let's eat breakfast so you can go.” said grandpa and we went at the dining area 

“Well, this is really unnecessary, you know? I'm not used with this day out thingy and buying clothes or whatever. I'd rather go to my part time than spend my money on those things.” I said as I took my seat 

“Rein, I know what you mean but as your grandfather, I just want the best for you. I want to make it up to you and spoil you.” he said as I can see sadness in his eyes 

“Ah! Gomen, no offense meant to what I said.” I immediately cleared myself. Geez, if other parents are telling their children how to save and not to spend on material things, my grandpa is different. He is the one pushing us to buy and pamper ourselves! Is this the mindset of the crazy rich people?! 

 

After eating breakfast, we now head outside. The limo is waiting for us at the driveway. 

 

“We’ll be going now, grandpa.” I said and bid goodbye at my grandpa. He waves his hand happily and smiles as we went to the limo. 

“Don’t tell me you’re coming with us?!” I asked as I saw Mr. Ice Guy opened the door for me 

“I am your bodyguard, of course I'll go with you.” he said plainly 

“Ehh? Then it won’t be a girl’s day out anymore.” I protested 

“It is my job to stay with you at all times. So, deal with it.” he said coldly and closes the car door as soon as the three of us went inside, then he took the passenger seat in front 

“He is getting on my nerves!” I said irritably as I clenched my fist 

“I think he is kakkoi ne.” giggled Chiaki 

“Eh? You should get your eyeglasses changed later ok? You're having poor eyesight because of that.” I said 

“Rein-chan, Kei-san is right. Yuuji-san told him to be your bodyguard so he will be around you wherever you go.” said Satomi as she giggles as well 

“Why are the both of you giggling? What's so gigglish about that?!” I asked irritably 

“Betsuni, it’s just that it’s fun teasing you!” laughed Satomi and Chiaki. Aish, these two! 

 

We finally reached the mall. This is not an ordinary mall; it is like a mall for the rich people only! There are not much of people unlike on a normal mall and the shops and boutiques here are not your ordinary brand. 

 

“Sugoi ne.” I was amazed as I look around. It's my first time entering a mall for the rich people. I looked at Satomi and Chiaki who are just acting normal. Oh yeah, they came from a well-off family, maybe they are so used to this lifestyle. Sugoi. 

“Let’s shop some clothes for you first Rein-chan.” said Satomi as she dragged me in one of the boutiques 

“Anoo, I want to have some pants. I looked at my closet last night and it’s full of dress! You know I'm not used with dress.” I pouted 

“Kawaii na Rein-chan, demo, you should dress properly from now on. Your grandpa is a famous person and you will become famous as well once he introduced you to the public.” said Chiaki 

“Hai, and that’s the start of people looking after you and your every moves.” added Satomi 

“Mou, that sounded hard. I felt like my privacy was taken away from me.” I pouted 

“Daijoubu, that’s why you have Kei-san here to protect you, deshou?!” said Satomi as I saw Mr. Ice Guy looked away from us 

 

We went on with shopping. Satomi and Chiaki helped me pick comfy clothes but still passes the standard of the crazy rich people. After shopping, we got tired and have some spa. It is my first time going inside a spa and it is amazing. 

 

“You two sure knows this kind of stuffs ne. Good thing you are with me, or I really won’t enter inside a spa.” I said as we were getting our back massages 

“Hai. When our parents are still alive, they treat us with to spa and shopping whenever we got good scores at an exam.” said Satomi 

“Or whenever we got a place at a school competition.” added Chiaki 

“Sugoi ne!” I said as I slowly drifted to dreamland because of the relaxing massage 

 

After we had our relaxing massage, we now went to eat at an Italian restaurant. The foods there are so delicious! It was now getting dark when we finished eating and we are now about to go home but on our way to the parking area, we saw a person who I wished we didn’t see. 

 

“Fukuyama?! It is you!” said Kojima Erina, one of our customers at the carwash I was working before 

“Oh, Kojima.” I said while onto her. I felt Mr. Ice Guy became alert as he saw Erina walking towards me. Also, Satomi and Chiaki are looking intently at the both of us 

“What brings you here at this kind of place? People like you don’t belong in a place like this. Did you serviced someone with carwash here?” he laughed as she looks at me from head to toe, “Oh my! You looked so different now! You're not wearing your worn-out clothes and snickers anymore. What happened? You're like Cinderella now eh. Say, will you get back into those worn-out clothes once the clock strikes 12?” laughed Erina in her most annoying tone. I felt Mr. Ice Guy was about to do something when I hold his hand signaling him it was ok 

“Anoo, Kojima. Before you ask me what I'm doing here, maybe I should ask you first the same question? You came here to shop? Can you afford buying here when you can’t even pay the carwash service you had with us the last time? You're lucky my boss is a nice person and he let it passed because you said you will pay the next time you come back at our shop, but you never came back. I wonder why?” I smirked at her and I saw her face red as a beetroot 

“I..uhm..YOU!” she shouted and with embarrassment all over her face, she ran past us as fast as she could 

 

 

“Woohoo! Way to go Rein-chan!” cheered Satomi and Chiaki as I felt my knees wobble. Her words pierced right through me. Yeah, what am I doing here? Spending the money which I didn’t worked hard for. 

“Who’s that?” asked Mr. Ice Guy as he turned towards me 

“Oh, that was Kojima Erina. One of our regular costumers at the carwash I used to work before.” I said 

“Shame on her she can’t even afford to pay the service your shop has to offer. Disgusting.” sneered Chiaki 

“Daijoubu?” asked Mr. Ice Guy. Woah, he became concerned all of a sudden? Part of his job as my bodyguard I guess? 

“Hai. Let's go back home now. I'm kinda tired.” I said and we both went home 

 

I went straight to my room as soon as we arrived at the mansion. 

 

“This day should be fun but it got ruined because of that !” said Chiaki 

“Shhh. Language.” scolded Satomi 

“Gomen. I just can’t help it. She embarrassed our friend in front of us. You know Rein, she just has this strong façade in front of us but deep inside, she is hurting.” sighed Chiaki 

 

At Rein’s room. 

 

I felt guilty spending my grandfather’s money over these. Erina was right. I do not belong here. What am I thinking, getting used right away with these kinds of stuff? 

 

I sulk at the floor as I place the paper bags beside me. I then heard the door opening. How can that be? I know I locked the door. I looked at the main door to my bedroom and it’s not the one that opened. I was surprised when I saw a chocolate in front of me. I looked at the owner of the hand that carries the chocolate, Mr. Ice Guy?! 

 

“What are you doing here?! How did you enter my room?!” I exclaimed as I was surprised 

“I used this door.” Mr. Ice Guy pointed at the door at my right. That's right, I saw that door yesterday but forgot to ask what’s inside of it. 

“That door? Why? What's inside that door?” I asked 

“My room.” he said casually and coldly 

“Your room?!” I exclaimed 

“Hai. That is our connecting door.” he said 

“Woah, woah, woah, wait! Why on earth do we have a connecting door? Would you mind explaining it to me?!” I asked him 

“I’m your bodyguard, I should be by your side at all times. So, unless you want me to sleep here with you, I had my room next to yours just in case anything happens.” he explained which blew my mind, “Anyway, here. Take this.” he said and hands me the chocolate 

“What’s this for?” I raised a brow at him 

“I know you’re sad. This may help you feel better.” he said and I was amused. This guy can be a softy eh? 

“Don’t mind what other people will tell you. Just listen to those people who loves you. Yuuji-san is so happy when he finally found you. That is why he is spoiling you with things and attention that he was not able to give you these past 17 years. Please don’t get him wrong and don’t listen to other people who are just trying to put you down. You belong here. You are the only heiress of this household and Yuuji-san's company. Always keep that in mind.” he said as I just looked at him in awe 

“What? Do I have a dirt on my face?” he said and waves his hand in front of me 

“Be..betsuni. I was just amazed that you can say a whole paragraph. I thought the words you say are just limited.” I laughed 

“Aish! Just eat that and get ready to sleep.” he said as he looks away from me as if he was shy and he went inside his room through our connecting door 

“I guess you’re not that bad after all.” I smiled