Feelings

Jerk

 

3 weeks have passed since Junhoe started troubling Jinhwan. He goes to the clinic with petty reasons just to see Jinhwan. His dog has fever, coughs or even can’t breathe, but in reality his dog didn’t even have those kinds of symptoms, he just uses his dog to go visit Jinhwan. Sometimes he even has flowers or chocolates with him, which Jinhwan just threw in the trash. Jinhwan started to be irritated by him, he can’t deny he has an attraction to him and maybe a little more than that. Whenever he sees Junhoe, his smile, his jokes and his teasing something inside Jinhwan stirs and he does not like one bit of what he’s feeling. Which leads Junhoe to be banned from the clinic. 

“What? How can that be Suhyun? Why am I banned? I didn’t do anything wrong.” Junhoe irritatingly said to Suhyun. The noise at the reception didn’t go unnoticed by Jinhwan, the cat he’s treating was getting anxioused by the noise, he excused himself to his client, signalled Donghyuk to take over and went out of the room. He saw two of them still in the heat of bickering, “STOP.”

Hearing the authoritative voice, the two stopped arguing and faced Jinhwan. “Jinani, why is Suhyun saying to me that I am banned from this clinic? What did I do?” irritated Junhoe asked Jinhwan. Junhoe gave the nickname ‘Jinani’ to Jinhwan when he visited the last time.

 

……………...Last week

Jinhwan was busy examining his dog checking to see if the symptoms he said now were even true. Junhoe watched him in silence but then a thought came to his mind, “Jinhwan, can I call you ‘Jinani’?” he smiled and laughed, patting his back for coming up with a cute nickname for Jinhwan. “ABSOLUTELY NOT.”

“What? Why? It suits you. You’re cute, adorable and pffft.. Small.”

Jinhwan was not a bit tad happy, he hates people giving him nicknames, it changes his vibe about him. Except for Hanbin of course, he’s different. “I told you from the start, I take professionalism seriously. So call me Mr. Kim in and outside of work.”

“That’s not fun Jinani.”

“Well work is a place for no fun.”

“Whatever, I’ll still call you ‘Jinani’.”

 

…………...Present time

Suhyun’s mouth dropped when he heard what Junhoe called Jinhwan, she can’t believe he just called him that. Looking back and forth between the two male having a staredown at each other. Can’t handle the intensity of the atmosphere anymore she decided to speak, “I’m sorry Doc for not handling the situation, I’ll take care of him this instant.”

Jinhwan glared at Suhyun resulting in breaking the staredown between him and Junhoe, uttered in a menacing tone, “You should’ve done that earlier don’t you think so?” goosebumps flowed Suhyun’s body making her to lower her head and whisper an apology daring not to speak anymore. Jinhwan is known for having the worst moods almost all the time that leads him having to hire many secretaries and assistants before the ones he have now, but thankfully Suhyun and Donghyuk can handle his mood swings and be not affected by it.

Junhoe felt sorry for Suhyun knowing it was his fault, she didn’t deserve the way Jinhwan treated her. “Don’t talk to her like that, I’m the one at fault here. Don’t take out your anger at her.” 

Jinhwan did not like what he heard, in fact his anger leveled up. “Who said I’m taking out my anger at her? And I can talk to whomever I want however I want. You don’t get to decide HOW I should talk to anyone.” The look on Jinhwan’s eyes were deadly, Junhoe didn’t dare to continue their staredown earlier. He gulped and his hands continued to sweat from the intensity of Jinhwan’s rage.

“What? Cat got your tongue? If you have nothing else to say I suggest you better leave.”

Jinhwan was about to leave when someone grabbed his wrist and turned him around to face him. He looked at the man, anger still evident in his eyes, removed his wrist from the man and clenched his hands into a fist in his sides. Closes his eyes while clenching his jaw, inhaling a breath and exhaling it. ‘I can’t make a scene when I have a patient in the other room.’ He opened his eyes with a new calmness flowing in him.

Junhoe on the other hand didn’t know what to say, was it something he did? Was it his personality? His mind is exploding with questions yet he couldn’t ask any of them to Jinhwan. 

“Is there anything else you wanna say Mr. Koo?” Jinhwan’s patience was running low he didn't want to explode right here in the clinic it would be inappropriate for his clients. Sensing he wouldn’t say anything he decided to walk away again but was halted when he heard a voice.

“Jinani.. I’m sorry for making a scene but I wanna know why I’m being banned?” 

He sighed and faced Junhoe, “I can’t do this now, I have a patient waiting for me. Just leave Junhoe before you do anything you would regret.” with that said he walked away and never once looked back at Junhoe.

Junhoe was left devastated, thinking whether to run after Jinhwan demanding answers or just leave quietly like Jinhwan asked. Pondering the second option is the best option considering he doesn’t want to be in Jinhwan’s bad side any longer. He was about to leave when he thought he could ask Suhyun for his number and try to talk to Jinhwan. He may have lost this round but he ain’t giving up, there’s something about Jinhwan that pulls Junhoe to him. Maybe it’s his looks but he swears it’s not it and he’ll find it for sure. 

“Hey, Suhyun?.. I’m sorry for my actions, I didn’t mean for Jinhwan to treat you like that because of me.” she saw how sorry Junhoe really is and at that moment she isn’t even near mad at what happened. In fact she finds it funny, seeing how the chemistry between the two she knows something deep is happening and she makes it a mission to find out. 

Getting the hint she knows what Junhoe’s motive is, “It’s ok Mr. Koo, I’m ok. So I guess this is where you’re gonna ask me for his number?” she smirkingly said. She was happy for Jinhwan that someone finally came to cherish him and not give him trouble, she’s not saying she doesn’t like Hanbin but he’s a walking problem. Jinhwan deserves more.

Knowing Suhyun easily reads his mind, he nodded and bowed his head because he’s shy and his intentions got caught. She gladly wrote Jinhwan’s number in a piece of paper and handed it to Junhoe who happily accepted it. He looked at the paper and looked back up at Suhyun, she winked at him giving him a thumb up. He can’t believe she gave that to him too, he smiled and thanked her before he left, he exited with a big smile and determinations in his face. ‘I won’t give up Jinhwan’

 


 

Jinhwan just arrived at his apartment, the fatigue is fully well showing in his condition. His day at the clinic was too tiring considering what happened earlier with Junhoe, a small part of him thinks he’s being rude to Junhoe but no matter what he does he's still as persistent. Dragging himself to his couch and plopping himself in it, not a minute later he heard knocking in his door.. He groaned too tired to move his body and decided not to answer the door, thinking maybe it’s just nobody who knocked at the wrong door. 

The knocking continued, Jinhwan sighed a frustrated sigh and stood up to see who’s at the door. Peeking at the hole what he saw shocked him, his tiredness from earlier got replaced with irritation. ‘How the hell did he get my address?’ another knock resonated from the door. Thinking he won’t go away seeming how persistent he is, Jinhwan opened the door.

Junhoe heard the door click and braced himself, but what he saw was an angel. Everytime he laid his eyes on Jinhwan he couldn't help but fall more and more for him. Bags were evident under his eyes but despite that he’s still attractive as hell. He was determined no matter what he would be his. 

Jinhwan on the other hand got surprised, he’s wearing a shirt with sleeves pushed back to his elbows and Jinhwan had to admit he looked good in it. Both of them stared at each other too long when Jinhwan remembered and went back to his senses. He’s feeling the unfamiliar stir inside of him again.

“What are you doing here?”

Junhoe got back to his senses when he heard Jinhwan speak, he scratched the back of his head and cursed. “I’m here to offer my apology, personally and privately. I know you don’t like getting attention that’s why I didn’t push myself to you earlier.”

Jinhwan tsked and thought he couldn't just make Junhoe leave, he was at fault too. Talking here in the hallway will attract his neighbors so he guessed he doesn’t have much of a choice but to let him in. “Alright. Come in. We’re gonna talk here at the doorstep ‘cause I don’t want to prolong this any longer.”

Junhoe just nodded thinking he would just agree not letting Jinhwan’s anger be heightened. He took a deep breath and began his speech.

“I’m sorry Jinhwan. I know why you’re mad at me, I’ve been pushing myself to you all these weeks without thinking what you would feel about it. I can be irritating sometimes most of all if I have a thing I like, or in this case someone I like.” 

Junhoe lifted his eyes and looked at Jinhwan in his, “I like you Jinhwan, I’ve been attracted to you ever since that party. I can’t get you out of my mind, you’re the only one I’ve been thinking ever since. I know I push myself to you by force but let me fix this. Let me make it right this time.” He reached for Jinhwan’s hand and held it dearly, showing him how serious he is to him.

Jinhwan can’t help his heart beating loudly and fast, hearing Junhoe’s confession woke something inside him. His heart and mind are going crazy, he knew from the start he is attracted to him that’s why he tried his best pushing him away. But whatever he does, Junhoe just pops right in again and again, but he knows he loves Hanbin.

He needed time to think, not now when there was still happening between him and Hanbin, he needed to straighten his feelings first, he needed to get away from here, but when he tried to walk his legs gave up. Bracing himself for impact of his fall, he felt a pair of arms holding him. He opened his eyes and was shocked Junhoe was holding him, what more shocked him was how close their faces were with each other. Jinhwan can’t hear anything, just his heart beating loudly praying Junhoe can’t hear him. 

He saw Junhoe leaning closer to him, he panicked and didn't know what to do. He closed his eyes shut, feeling his breathing coming closer to his lips. Soft lips kissed him, the moment Junhoe’s lips touched his, all of his feelings burst. He kissed him back, softly and slowly, like they’re savoring each other’s taste. 

Junhoe can’t believe they’re kissing, how soft and tasty Jinhwan’s lips are. It's like a dream he doesn’t wanna wake up from. 

They stopped kissing, gasping for air, they looked at each other’s eyes and felt happy and content, suddenly Jinhwan laughed followed by Junhoe. Jinhwan forgot his concerns from earlier, thinking how right this moment was.