Secrets

Jerk

Sweat dripping.

Audience screaming and shouting.

Heavy breathing sounds.

The soft and roughness combine feeling of the mat.

 

Junhoe got him hooked between the ribs, his hand gripping tightly to his opponent's right shoulder with arms choking him. The opponent grabbed Junhoe’s wrist fighting to withdraw from his hold but Junhoe was faster so he pulled his left arm to the right and punched his sides resulting in tightening his hold on him, the opponent started to grab Junhoe’s wrist again trying to loosen his grip on him. Junhoe thought he needed to finish this fast while he has the upper hand, he put his right hand to the crooked space of the opponent’s back neck locking with his head and squeezed down, in and up nearly choking his opponent to death making him tap out. 

The whistle can be heard throughout the stadium then everybody went silent for a minute and suddenly screams, chants and shouts were heard from everybody. Junhoe and his opponent stand up, the referee stands between them, grabs Junhoe's wrist and raises it up shouting Junhoe won the match. Junhoe smiled and raised his other arm and screamed, the crowd cheered louder and started chanting “RED” all over the stadium. 

All the athletes are in the locker room, "Congratulations to us! Most importantly to your captain, he won his first gold medal!" cheers erupted in the room and the members patted Junhoe congratulating him. Junhoe hoisted up his medal wearing his proudest smile and shouted, "Thank you everyone and coach! Party at my apartment at 10!!!" 

He noticed Chanwoo, his sparring partner, at the side changing his clothes. Putting his arm at him, "Hey Chanwoo, are you coming at the party?" the other shrugged Junhoe's arm 'cause it was heavy, puts his shirt and faced him. "I don't know captain, partying is not my thing. I'd rather sit at my desktop and play some games." Junhoe tsked at him and shakes his head in disappointment. He wanted Chanwoo to be there because if it's not for him he would not have a sparring partner, everyone didn't want to be his sparring partner because of his strength but Chanwoo volunteered at that time, so he was grateful for him and wanted to celebrated his win with him.

"That's too bad Chanwoo, I wanted you to be there."

"I'm sorry captain. Maybe next time." Chanwoo sadly replied to him. He watched Junhoe walk away in disappointment.

 

----- ----- -----

 

*cling* 

Chanwoo walked inside the building and saw the reception quiet. Suhyun was busy scrolling at her phone when she suddenly heard someone speak, “Hey Suhyun, is Jinhwan busy?”  Suhyun got startled by him, she got confused all of a sudden why she did not hear the bell ring, “Yes Chanwoo oppa, he has a special client in there right now.” said Suhyun, “Ooh love is blooming already in this clinic, this could take a while.” said Chanwoo while sitting down on the couch and pulling his phone out to play some games. She stares at him, wondering when would he ever see her more than just his best friends’s secretary.

 

----- Meanwhile at the treatment room ------

 

Still gasping for breath, Jinhwan is having trouble buttoning his shirt up. His hands are trembling obviously from what they did, “Let me..” with his trembling hands Jinhwan gave up and just accepted the man’s offer. “Based on your trembling hands, guessing you more than enjoyed it this time.” he winked and smiled at Jinhwan, couldn’t handle the embarrassment Jinhwan is feeling he knew he was probably red as a tomato right now. The man chuckled at how Jinhwan looked at the moment, Jinhwan ducked his head and prayed that the ground would swallow him whole right now, but something shiny caught him from the man’s left hand. A pain can be felt in his chest, the pain of guilt. He knew what they’re doing was wrong, he knew but he wanted this too.

Jinhwan felt a light touch lifting his chin up, seeing Jinhwan’s face the man knew what he was thinking. “Nani, hey. Look at me.” Lifting his eyes up, Jinhwan locked eyes with him, the eyes that tell the words 'you can’t fall in love with me remember?' He’s right, we made an agreement when we first started this, to not fall in love with each other because if the other breaks that then it’s over. Both of them know it’s the right thing to do considering the man’s condition he has in, Jinhwan exhales a breath and closes his eyes. “Hanbinnie, can’t you come more often? Not just once in a month?” Jinhwan cutely whined and pouts at him, Hanbin gently holds his cheeks and thinks how adorable Jinhwan is. “I can’t baby.” 

Jinhwan sadly smiled and made a smart remark pointing at his dog, “You know, I pity honey. He has seen us many times now I’m scared we may have scarred his eyes for life. Just look at him, haven’t taken his eyes off of us from the start.” they both stared at the dog and laughed. That made the atmosphere lighten up.

“I better go Nani, c’mon honey. Let’s go home.” Jinhwan nodded at Hanbin and walked with him at the door of the room, “Goodbye Hanbinnie, say hi to your husband for me.” Hanbin just laughed and started walking away from the door, “Oh whatever you say Jinhwan. Hahaha..” he continued laughing until he was halfway through to reception. He got to the reception and paid the fee noticing that someone was staring at him, he looked behind him and true to his words someone really is staring at him, and the lace on his eyes were so obvious as for him to wonder why this man is looking at him like that. He doesn’t even know him, yeah he sees him every now and then every time he took honey here, but what curioused him the most was he doesn’t even have a pet with him. He just chose to ignore him, that’s for the best he doesn't want any trouble to happen here.

“5… 6… 700 and 45 cents, your change Mr. Kim.” Suhyun saw Hanbin looking at Chanwoo and that got her intrigued, she tapped Hanbin’s shoulder and gave the change. Hanbin said goodbye to Suhyun, hearing the bell ring when Hanbin left she looked at Chanwoo still looking at Hanbin, she wondered why. “Ya Chanwoo oppa, Jinhwan is free now, go see him.” He smiled and thanked Suhyun walking to the room wondering why Suhyun got red all of a sudden and thinking maybe she has gotten a flu, worrying about Suhyun he needed to talk to Jinhwan about this.

 

Earlier at the treatment room...

 

*dug dug*

“Oh whatever you say Jinhwan. Hahaha..” Hanbin uttered while walking away from the door.

While Hanbin is walking away, Jinhwan stares longingly to his longtime love that can never be his. *dug dug*.... Stop my heart, I can’t continue feeling like this. I can’t love him, I need to stop loving him. He’s married for godsake! *bam*.. Jinhwan smashed his fist on the table thinking those thoughts.

“Knock knock”.. 

“You know, you have to stop sooner or later.” Chanwoo said while looking at his hyung sadly. Jinhwan faced Chanwoo startled by what he said, *sigh* “I know. I know but…” he looks down, fist tightly in his sides. Looking at his hurting hyung makes Chanwoo be sad towards him and angry at himself, he knew Jinhwan deserves to be loved by someone wholeheartedly and it hurts him he can’t do anything about it himself. Or so thought Chanwoo, an idea popped at the right moment.

“C’mon hyung, let’s go.” said Chanwoo while smiling with his dimples showing towards Jinhwan, I can’t let hyung be sad and hurt like this he thought.

Jinhwan lifting his head up and scrunching his eyebrows asked him, “Where are we going and what are you doing here anyways?” wondering what his best friend has got up his sleeves again. “I wanted to see how you were doing since I've been busy practicing for our competition and gonna announce to you that we won and celebrate together, but then one of my teammates hosted a party at his apartment so you’re gonna be my plus one.” Chanwoo crossed his fingers wishing he would agree. Contemplating whether to go or not Jinhwan answered, “I still have a client at 5pm, I’m sorry I can’t.” fist bumping himself internally for coming up an escape, and a good one I say.

“Hyung, Suhyun said your last client rescheduled so that means no more work and more parties! Besides, you clearly need that drink.” Chanwoo said while sadly smiling at Jinhwan. It was like fate was playing with him, how come not a single thing he wanted for once can happen in his life. Feeling dejected and can’t find anymore reason to decline Chanwoo, *sigh* “Okay, you’re right. I’ll go with you since tomorrow is a weekend too so you got lucky.” Jinhwan said to Chanwoo silently thankful to him for helping him take his mind off certain things.

“Now get out of here, I still got papers to read.” Jinhwan said to Chanwoo while pushing him out the door, “Alright alright, oh before I forget it looks like your secretary has a flu, dismiss her earlier today will you, I’ll text you later then. See you at 9 hyung.” he fist bumps the air and screams a silent yes, this does not go unnoticed by Suhyun and so she asked him when he was nearing the reception wearing the proudest smile of all. “I’m guessing whatever it was it's a success based on your smile.” Chanwoo smiled and fist bump Suhyun and raised both of his arms leaving the clinic hearing the bell ring.

*sigh*.... 

Jinhwan heard his secretary exhale a breath, “So I guess based on that sound, I see you still have a crush on that crackhead.” Jinhwan smirkingly said to Suhyun, startled hearing her boss beside her, she blushed and just nodded at him. “Oh shush doctor, besides he won’t reciprocate my feelings anyway so why hope.” Suhyun sadly smiling said to Jinhwan. “You and me alike.” replied Jinhwan while longingly remembering Hanbin’s beautiful smile…”Oh right doctor, your last client rescheduled for next week and looks like we won’t have any walk-ins anymore since today have been pretty much silent.”

“Yeah, that’s what I think too.. If you don’t have any work left you can go and change the sign, I still have papers to organize so I’ll be the one to close today, since Donghyuk is still on leave till this weekend. Oh and Chanwoo said you may have gotten a flu since he saw your face earlier beet red saying to me I should let you go early, I'm guessing it's not true and you were just blushing because of whatever Chanwoo did to you based from your face right now.” hearing her boss said that, she smiled widely and blushed harder. She just nodded at him and thanked him while retreating to his room. Suhyun thought Chanwoo cared for him, maybe she has a chance afterall, she  hurriedly cleaned the reception and left.