The truth

Jerk

Junhoe’s POV

 

There's one thing that's been bugging me for a long time now, the fact that Chanwoo's way that made me leave that night all of a sudden and the fact that Jinhwan looked at him with longing.

The way he smiles and he gives him those little blushes. I looked at my best friend and saw that it wasn't Bobby's first time seeing his husband like this, he always suspected something between them. 

Back then, even before they got together, Hanbin was well known to be a player during our college times. But Bobby didn't mind it, he got this dream that he'll be the one to change him soon.

Years past he still didn't change, I witnessed many tears and depressed side of Bobby. Until one day, Hanbin proposed to him and we all thought he was a changed man because who would have the right mind to get married to a person he hurts every time.

I was busy with training everyday, I didn't have the time to ask Bobby how he was doing. Until it came to this, Hanbin cheated on him again. Not to mention it's a first since their marriage.

And I hate to admit, the man lying in the hospital bed, the man I have feelings for, hell I even love him to this point could be the other man.

I'm mad at him and I'm even more mad at myself for not knowing, but as I see he was waking up. Looking at his beautiful face I can't help but be not mad at him. I just can't believe he can do this to someone, knowing he's already taken.

I want to ask him badly but I'm too scared to know his answer, I've got a hunch but I don't want to talk about it. 

"Hey Jinhwan. You gave us a scare back there." I half-smiled said to him, I noticed he wanted to get up and so I helped him. 

Jinhwan looked around and made eye contact with him, there was a pause and I saw the hurt in his eyes. Looking at both Bobby and Hanbin cuddling up on the couch. 

Bobby didn't intend to stay but Hanbin insisted and he can't help but agree.

Bobby saw that Jinhwan was looking at them and kissed Hanbin in his lips and tightened his hug on him. On the other hand, I didn't do anything and let him watch with full of hurt in his eyes. 'I'm sorry Jinhwan but you need to see this for you to give up and stop whatever is between the both of you.'

"June-ya, what happened? What am I doing here?" I heard Jinhwan ask, bringing my eyes back to him as he was already looking at me. The sight of hurt was all gone, it's like it was not even there in the first place. 

'Ah.. He's back to hiding his emotions again.'

"We're in the hospital, you fainted earlier at the restaurant. The doctor said it was due to fatigue and suggested to rest here for the meantime just until the drip empties.” 

Jinhwan nodded and glanced at them again, I glanced at them too and saw they were both walking towards us with Hanbin leading. I can’t help but notice how rigid Jinhwan became when Hanbin touched his cheeks and I can’t help but be angry about it. I can also see Bobby from behind sending daggers to his husband clearly uncomfortable by what he did.

“Glad you’re alright Doc.” Hanbin smilingly said. Jinhwan retracted from his touch and looked at me, I was still looking at Hanbin's hand that touched his cheeks but I can tell Jinhwan is still looking at me. I changed my view and looked at Jinhwan, just from his face he knows. He knows I know.

He broke the stare and looked down at his hands, that’s when I decided it was time. I have to know the truth directly from him. Hanbin and Bobby decided to leave knowing Jinhwan was fine and so I walked them out.

Shutting the door and looking back at Jinhwan, he was lying down already. I sighed and walked back to my seat next to him, he flinched when I held his hand. He’s letting go of my hold but I gripped his hand tighter, he didn’t even look at me. He’s just staring at the ceiling when a couple minutes went with silence his eyes began tearing up. I panicked and decided to hug him, he hugged me back and began to cry louder. Saying ‘i’m sorry’ over and over again, my heart aches for him. 

When he finally calmed down maybe because of the tiredness, he fell asleep. Looking at his sleeping face, he looks so innocent and vulnerable. I brushed his hair out of his face and cleaned his tear stains and tucked him in, sighing I decided to go to the cafeteria for a moment and go get myself something to eat.

Leaving the room with a heavy heart, I dragged my feet downstairs but when I was about to pass the intersection I heard voices. Not just any voices but it was Bobby’s and Hanbin’s, I contemplated whether to eavesdrop or not but I really want to hear what it is about and I have a hunch it’s about earlier too so I’m curious as to what’s gonna happen.

I was about to get closer to them for me to hear them clearer not until Bobby shouted “2 ing years in college and 3 goddamn years in marriage! I ing kept up with your bulls and this is what you’re gonna repay me?! I thought when we got married you finally decided to change but I was ing wrong! I am a ing idiot for ever trusting someone like you! I really believed I would be the one to change you or you would even consider changing yourself for me. I thought you loved me..” I heard Bobby cry out, his voice is full of hurt. I decided to in now before he says anything he might regret later, because knowing him whatever he says and does is just an act of anger and when he finally sober up he would regret all of it. He would eventually come running back to Hanbin asking for forgiveness afterwards, that’s how Bobby loved Hanbin and it hurts seeing him like that.

I was nearing both of them now but I was suddenly halted by what Bobby blurted out. I knew he would regret later, “Hanbinnie, I’m fed up now. I can’t do this anymore, I feel like we’re just running around in circles with me, the only one chasing you and you’re just there leaving me behind while I’m struggling.” , he’s oh so gonna regret that later. But something about Bobby that makes me believe he’s true to his words, I am even more shocked by what Bobby did next.

He looked at his left hand, specifically at his ring finger where two rings shone at him, one was a promise ring Hanbin bought when they were still at college and the other one is their wedding ring. Bobby was about to cry but he was trying his best to hold it in. Grabbing both of them he took it off and threw it at Hanbin.

Bobby was taken aback by Hanbin's reaction and so and I. The face of hurt and betrayal.