Lunch Date

Jerk

 

“Have a great day Mr. Lee. Goodbye.” Shutting the door to his treatment room and asking his assistant Donghyuk to clean it up for the next client. Looking at the clock it was close to lunchtime,  “After you’re done go get us some lunch Donghyuk.” he smiled and started to clear the table. Jinhwan sat on the lounge chair and started to pat his back, ‘maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.’ He sighed and unexpectedly his intercom lighted, from it one can hear Suhyun 's voice. “Doc, Mr. Koo is here.”

He got up again exhaling a sigh, and went to the door. He saw Suhyun and Junhoe chatting near the reception and he felt they looked good together. A pain can be felt in his chest when thinking about those feelings.  He didn't know why he was feeling this kind of discomfort, Junhoe saw him smiling at Jinhwan with his ever so beautiful smile. He too grinned at him and stepped towards them. He turned to Suhyun and told her she could have her lunch earlier and turn the sign into lunchtime, she smiled and left.

Turning his attention to Junhoe now, he saw that he was still smiling over him. He approached him, and asked, “Why are you all smiley, and why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be training?” Junhoe chuckled at him, with so many questions. This has annoyed Jinhwan a little bit by how Junhoe reacted, 'what's so funny?' He said to himself.

“I’m just glad that my ban has been lifted and I’m here to take you out on a lunch date.” His grin never leaving his face, Jinhwan on the other hand blushed. He was not used to this kind of treatment, no one asked him out like this before. Not even Hanbin. “Okay. Just wait for me a second.” He agreed, and went back to the room. He came in and saw Donghyuk sitting and listening to the music, he tapped him and this made Donghyuk take off his earphones. “Is there a next client Doc?” Jinhwan shocked his head and said to him, “No Donghyuk, I’m here to tell you I’ll be having my lunch out today, so you don’t have to buy me lunch.” Donghyuk’s face lighted from what he heard and didn’t dare to ask him why.

Jinhwan hung his coat and turned to the mirror fixing his hair, in the other room Donghyuk was smiling at him, happy for him. They both left the room, Donghyuk saw someone waiting at the reception and told Jinhwan, "Damn Doc, that's a hell of a guy you've got there." He blushed and shushed the laughing Donghyuk. This does not go unnoticed by Junhoe, seeing them getting mushy around each other and seeing Jinhwan blushed. He narrowed his eyes to the other man and it’s taking every willpower he has not to punch him.

Nearing the reception, Donghyuk glanced at the man and noticed he was looking at him like he wanted to kill him. This got Donghyuk to smile and he wanted to taunt him, he came closer to Jinhwan and whispered something to him while looking at Junhoe. This made Jinhwan blushed even more, they were nearing Junhoe and Jinhwan grabbed Junhoe, dragging him out of the clinic leaving behind Donghyuk. Donghyuk just chuckled and shook his head,  “Looks like Jinhwan is whipped.”

Junhoe glanced back at the man and saw him waving at them, he narrowed his eyes more when the latter smiled at him. He turned his attention to the little man who’s dragging him, he got curious as to what they were talking about earlier that got him acting like this. “Hey Jinhw-”

“Your car or mine?” Jinhwan asked him, cutting him off from what he has to say. He can't even face Junhoe, as his face is red as a tomato. On the other hand, Junhoe is irked by Jinhwan, who doesn't bother to face him, “Uh mine.” Jinhwan then dragged him to his car. Junhoe opened his car and they got in together, buckling their seat belts, Junhoe stared at his hand with longing, missing Jinhwan’s touch not too long ago. The latter was puzzled as to why they were not moving, he turned to Junhoe and saw him daydreaming. He snapped his fingers at him and asked him, “Are we waiting for my lunchtime to be over? C’mon let’s go.” Junhoe regained his senses and chuckled at what Jinhwan said as he began driving.

 


 

Jinhwan was awed by how beautiful it was when he opened the door to the restaurant, it is not high-end but it has the homey feel that he loved best. They sat at the corner where there were not many people around them, a waitress came to them and won’t stop ogling at Junhoe. Jinhwan noticed it and it kinda pissed him off, they ordered and when the waitress left Jinhwan had the urge to start the conversation. 

“Well that waitress was pretty right Junhoe?” Jinhwan asked with irritation in his tone, Junhoe who is busy with his phone, seemed not to notice his mood and so casually said, “Hmm yeah, she was.” This got Jinhwan more pissed, the waitress then came back with two glasses of water and flirtedly waved at Junhoe when she left. Jinhwan drank the glass of water until none was left and angrily put it on the table, which got Junhoe startled by it.

Jinhwan narrowed his eyes at Junhoe for being an , but his actions took Junhoe back. He had no clue why Jinhwan acts like this, “Are you ok?”. Jinhwan scoffs, “Why don’t you ask that to the waitress assuming you were interested in her.” Junhoe was fighting his mouth to smile, ‘he’s jealous’ he thought. Jinhwan saw this and his irritation sprang up, then the waitress came with their food. Just to see Jinhwan get redder and redder by his anger, Junhoe entertained the waitress, and found it funny that Jinhwan is jealous of her.

They had already finished eating and just waiting for the bill to come, Jinhwan was still in a bad mood. Exhaling a sigh Junhoe decided to stop teasing him for the sake of not ruining their lunchtime. "Jinhwan, c'mon don't worry about her. You know you're the one I've got my eyes on.”

Jinhwan didn’t believe him, he just scoffed and avoided looking at him. Junhoe sighed at how Jinhwan responded, not knowing how to lighten his mood again. Watching the waitress approach an idea pops up right into his head, hoping this helps Jinhwan reconcile with him. “Here’s your bill sir.” the waitress flirtingly said to Junhoe, he grimaced from it and pulled his card from his wallet. The waitress left and Jinhwan was still mad, he sighed again and waited for his card to be returned. 

Grabbing his card from the waitress, the lingering touch of the girl didn’t go unnoticed by Junhoe. He had enough and decided to speak once and for all, “I’m sorry but can you please move your flirtiness to someone else? My boyfriend was in a bad mood because of you and I don't want you to ruin our little time.” Jinhwan was shocked by what Junhoe told her, the waitress apologized and left in embarrassment. 

His mouth was still open when Junhoe shut it down for him, "Look Jinhwan, I don't know if you're going to ever believe me, but remember that I really like you, and I'm really serious about you." 

Jinhwan was completely stunned, he had no idea what to say. All he did was lower his head because he was blushing like crazy, he wanted somebody to scream to the whole world that they were proud to have him in his life, and what Junhoe made his heart warm with affections. Not to mention Junhoe said the word ‘boyfriend’ he had been meaning to hear that word from Hanbin but never once in their relationship did he mention that word about them. This made him happy and whole, and he raised his head up and saw Junhoe still looking uncertain about how Jinhwan would react.

"Let's go Junhoe, my lunchtime is about to end." Jinhwan said standing up, but as he was about to face the way out he bumped into someone. He was about to fall but he was caught by somebody, “Oops, that was close Doc.” that voice got him frozen up, ‘it can’t be right? The world isn't that small.’ he faced the man and he was right, it’s Hanbin. He faced him and their eyes locked with each other instantly, it’s like there’s this force that pulls them closer at each other.

Feeling Hanbin 's touch makes him miss him, misses his every touch to his body, it has been too long since their last. Just like Hanbin, right here right now, he has this urge to touch Jinhwan, but he knew it wasn't the right place and time, not when his husband is right next to him.

‘Fate must be toying with me’ Jinhwan thought to himself, he steadied himself with the help of Hanbin never breaking their eye contact. Someone cleared their throat and said, “Oh so you’re the mysterious Doctor my husband has been talking about.” Jinhwan flinched and felt like Hanbin’s touch was burning him, he let go and further avoided any contact.

The way the other man accentuated the word husband was what made him come back from reality. It's like he realized something was happening between them, he adjusted himself and squared his shoulders 'be professional' saying to himself, extending his hand to the guy, “Nice to meet you Mr. Kim, Doctor Kim Jinhwan the vet of honey.”

The other man exchanged hands with him, squeezing too tightly “Kim Jiwon, but you can call me Bobby. Binnie’s husband.” Jinhwan feels intimidated by him, mostly because his handshake was too tight for his own good. Enduring the pain as to not come as rude, he smiled and they eventually let go thinking his hand might have a bruise tomorrow. 

“Hey man, didn’t know you would be here.” Jinhwan hearing Junhoe say to Bobby, seeing them make a handshake and hug each other made him think that he didn’t know they knew each other. Well he doesn’t really try to get to know him at all but if he knows Bobby then he also knows Hanbin, realizing that this has made his mind swirl with thoughts. This can’t be happening right now…

Jinhwan didn’t know he was already hyperventilating when he saw Junhoe rushing to him and calling his name, the last thing he saw was Hanbin’s sorrowful face and it went black.