End

Jerk

 

*ring*

The sound of bells can be heard inside the room, deafening the sounds of the dog barking at him. His ears perk up and his breath hitch, thinking it might be him. Looking at the clock it was already lunch time, ‘he’s on time’ he thought. Feeling excited he dismissed the client hurriedly as there was nothing wrong with his dog. Exiting the room, he saw his assistant running to him. What he said to him made his excitement deflate, he gave permission to his request and he jumped with joy, running full speed to the locker room to change out of his clothes.

Walking to the reception, she greeted him and asked him the same question which he agreed. He saw his best friend gave him a smile for agreeing and another man seated, waiting. His client just walked out of the room with his barking dog, walking pass by him saying goodbyes. The door rang and it was quiet, there was an awkward silence. He didn’t know if he should greet him casually, he didn’t know if he was still angry at him. But the man spoke and this shocked him.

Meanwhile, his assistant was finished changing his clothes and was walking to the reception but was halted when he heard talking from both men. Seeing as it was a serious conversation he decided not to interrupt and let them talk. 

“I’m still angry at you.” said the seated man. He got saddened by what he said, he knew it wasn’t that easy for him to just forgive and forget after all that he had done to him. “I know, but I won’t give up asking for your forgiveness for the sake of him. So I hope one day you will get to acknowledge me, even just a little bit. For him.” the seated man can’t help but pity his best friend. He already gave his consent to pursue this man standing in front of him. But looking at him face to face he just can’t help but be angry at him. 

Thinking the seated man won’t say anything again he started his way to his office but was stopped when he spoke, “He’s just running late, you know him he makes effort just to look good for you, saying nonsense like he needs to top with your looks, whatever like that.” he faced the man and beamed at him. Muttering a thanks and hurried to the locker room to change his clothes, he saw his assistant leaning on the wall thinking he heard their conversation. 

He passed him and was about to open the door but he was stopped by what he said, “I’m happy for you Doc.” he smiled at this and faced him. “I’m happy for you too Donghyuk, make him happy for me okay?” Donghyuk laughed at this and nodded. Seeing his assistant walked to the reception, “C’mon Bobby hyung, where are we gotta have lunch today?” Donghyuk excitedly asked him. “Oh you’ll see.” he got a glimpse of them before leaving the door, seeing Bobby with a smile made his heart fill with joy. He was glad for him, finding his own happy ending with the man he truly deserves.

While he was changing his clothes the bell rang, he hurriedly changed his clothes and ran to the reception. His face lighted up seeing the man in front of him, dressed in white polo with a white shirt inside and white pants. It was his first time seeing him with a different color of clothing, he was wearing black all the time. The man walked closer to him and took out something behind his back, it was a bouquet of peonies. 

Looking at the flowers he can’t help but tear up, the other man panicked seeing him cry. “Jinani, why are you crying? Didn’t you like the flowers? I’m sorry.” he kept saying sorry but Jinhwan shook his head. “I’m just happy for loving a man like you, I thought I am truly blessed to have you in my life.” Then the tears fall down with him smiling at the man. He can’t help but hug the crying Jinhwan, he was too precious and too fragile. 

“C’mon now you can’t cry when this is the first surprise for today.” he was shocked by what he said. He looked up at him and asked, “Wait, there’s more?” the other man nodded smiling happily at him. “Yes and so hurry up and get ready cause we’re going somewhere.” Jinhwan was flabbergasted by what he said, ‘but what about the clinic?’ he thought.

A hand can be felt by his cheeks and that made him look at the man again, “Hey, I made sure you won’t have appointments for the rest of the day.” leaning on his hand felt him relaxed and excited for what’s gonna happen. “How about Donghyuk and Suhyun? They would panic if they came back and the clinic’s closed.” 

“Shh. Don’t mind about them, they’re too busy with their dates and I already told the guys that I would kidnap you for the day. Now let’s go.” he winked at me and Jinhwan smiled at him. “But wait, how long are we gonna be gone for? I didn’t pack any things.” 

“From here on you’re on a vacation for 2 days and don’t worry I already packed them for you earlier.” he dragged me outside and he didn’t have the chance to argue. Closing the clinic and walking to his car, opening the car for Jinhwan thinking what a gentleman he is and started their drive.

 


 

Jinhwan fell asleep during the drive, he didn’t know they were going far. He kept pestering the other person where they were going, but he still didn’t say where. At some point he got tired and fell asleep, the other person glanced at him wondering as to why he was quiet all of a sudden and saw Jinhwan was sleeping. A hint of smile can be seen on him, thinking how adorable Jinhwan is, curled up in the front seat head leaning on the window sleeping peacefully. 

Remembering their conversation earlier, Jinhwan asked him about the flowers. “What’s with the flowers? What’s its name and meaning? Aren’t all flowers have meaning?” he laughed at him being all giddy. “It’s called peonies, it signifies the most beautiful thing. I’m saying you are the most beautiful person to me Jinhwan.'' This made Jinhwan blushed like a tomato. He covered himself with the blanket provided from the other man and buried himself in it. He just laughed at how cute Jinhwan was. ‘He thinks I’m beautiful.’ Jinhwan can’t help but smile earfully by what he said. 

Arriving at the destination, Jinhwan felt someone shaking him. Opening his eyes, he didn’t know he fell asleep. He saw him close to his face, he can’t help but yelp and distanced themselves. Jinhwan blushed bright red, not until he smelled something salty. It was the sea, he can’t help but be happy and get out of the car to run towards the sea. The other man can’t help but laugh and adore the little man running looking all giddy.

He chased Jinhwan and they played like little kids, without thinking anything and just themselves having fun. “We should check in first at the hotel and come back later after we unpack.” Jinhwan nodded and last time by splashing some water on him. The other man can’t help but ride the teasing by him and so they played again for another minute.

Jinhwan opened the door to their room and was fascinated by how gorgeous it was, even more so because of the view. It cascaded the sea fully well, he looked at the man and hugged him tight. Saying thanks to him and running towards the balcony, feeling the breeze and smell of the sea. Not long after the man joined him. Jinhwan held his hand, “Thank you Junhoe. I knew we said one day we’d go to the sea together but for you to plan this, I’m just so happy. I’m happy you never gave up on me, I’m happy I chose to be with you. These past two years being with you have been the most beautiful and happiest moments of my life. I love you Junhoe. Always will.”

Junhoe smiled at him and grabbed him closer, “Anything for you my love, and I love you too. Always will.” their faces came closer bit by bit till they felt each other’s lips.