Hindrance

Jerk

It was already Wednesday morning, another day at the clinic. Five days since that party on Friday, that stranger still lingers on Jinhwan’s mind. He doesn't even know why he can’t get him out of his thoughts, maybe because their argument was still left hanging without a winner, yeah maybe that’s why, Jinhwan hates losing an argument so yeah. Jinhwan arrived with his secretary already there, he greeted her good morning and helped her arrange the reception. They heard the door open and at the same time the bell rang..

“Hi everyone! Good morning!”

As soon as Jinhwan heard that bubbly voice he knew who it was, “Glad you’re back Donghyuk.” Jinhwan is really glad his assistant Donghyuk is back, it has been hectic when he was gone. Donghyuk attended a seminar in Busan, he’s a smart kid. He was still a fresh graduate when Jinhwan hired him, at first he was reluctant to hire him because he’s still new at this industry, but reading his resume and testing his skills Jinhwan was flabbergasted to know a fresh grad that has skills, and so he hired him. Donghyuk said he still has many things to learn and so he applied to Jinhwan’s clinic when he saw an opening.

“How was the seminar?” Jinhwan asked Donghyuk while reading his schedule for the day Suhyun gave him. “It was a lot of fun Doc! I learned a lot and hopefully I get to practice it here.” he said, smiling his brightest smile ever. Jinhwan swears his smile is so blinding, “Oh you will get your chance kid.”

*cling*

They were busy fooling around, they didn’t even hear the door open until they heard a voice, “Hi good morning.” Jinhwan swears he has heard that hoarse voice somewhere. It can’t be right? Tell me it’s not him, “Oh yes, pardon me, do you have an appointment? Or a walk-in?” Jinhwan heard Suhyun say to the man who entered. Jinhwan turned around to see if his hunch was right, please be wrong, he prayed it’s not him. But when he fully faced the door, there was the man at the party, the , he’s wearing a muscle tee with a cap on, standing at the door with a dog in his arms. Oh my ing god, THOSE ING ARMS. His dog started squirming under his hold and so his biceps contracts while calming down his dog. “A walk-in, actually it’s my first time here so..”

“Oh for first timers you should fill up this form first for the doctor to know the background of your pet. What a cute pet I might say..” Junhoe smiled and uttered a thanks to her, he then proceeded to fill up the form. Jinhwan is just standing there,  continuing looking at him, wondering what Junhoe is doing here and he didn’t know he had a pet, he didn’t see his dog when he was at his party back then.

“Here you go..”

Suhyun takes the form and walks to Jinhwan, “Doc, your first client is ready for you. Here’s the form , I’ll call him when you’re ready.” taking the form from Suhyun and thanked her, he glanced at Junhoe and caught him looking at him, Jinhwan didn’t reacted instead he broke their stare and started walking to the treatment room, Donghyuk followed him but Jinhwan stopped him and told him he didn’t need his assistance with Junhoe. This got Donghyuk confused nut he didn't dare to ask any questions about it and continued talking to Suhyun about his trip.

Suhyun then saw the light in the reception glowed signalling Jinhwan was ready to take in the client, she ushered Junhoe to the treatment room and left. Junhoe just stands there at the door, nervous but why would Junhoe be nervous, maybe the way Jinhwan glowed when he entered the door earlier. Junhoe was stunned, 5 minutes already passed him just standing at the door, he was about to knock but he was caught off guard when Jinhwan opened the door. Junhoe put down his hand and smiled, “Hi..”

Jinhwan just looked at him emotionless, “Come in..” 

Junhoe stepped inside and put his dog down at the table, he looked around the room and said “You have a nice clinic you got here, how long have you been a vet now?” Jinhwan ignored him. He was not in the mood to chit chat because he knew Chanwoo is part of this mix up, he just want to murder Chanwoo right now. Junhoe didn’t pay much attention as to why Jinhwan just ignored him, he’s still this hard to get huh. “So… Mr. Koo, I’m doctor Kim Jinhwan. You can call me Mr. Kim, I insist because I take professionalism seriously.” Jinhwan came closer to the dog and petted him, “Aren’t you a cute one, so beautiful. Now what would be the problem with you?” Junhoe doesn't know why but hearing Jinhwan talking cutely to his dog irked something inside him.

Junhoe answered that when Bbangdaeng was eating he stopped and vomited but continued eating right after. “Hmmm I see…” Jinhwan put on his stethoscope and listened to the dog’s organs. While Jinhwan was busy with his dog, Junhoe looked at him and was amazed by how hot and gorgeous Jinhwan looked with his white coat and the way he examined Bbangdaeng. He can't take his eyes off of him, how can one person be this beautiful. That cute heart mole in his face? God.. Thank you for creating this gorgeous human being. “Well Mr. Koo, I didn’t find any abnormalities with his organs, it looks like he just ate too fast because his small stomach couldn’t take it and so he vomited some of it. If he vomited again just bring him to me again.” 

Junhoe nodded and petted Bbangdaeng, “Why are you here exactly? I’m sure Bbangdaeng has her own vet, so why come here.” Jinhwan asked Junhoe who’s busy petting his dog, even though he already knew what Junhoe’s answer would be he still has to hear it from him to stop Junhoe from whatever he’s doing when it’s still early. He doesn’t want any problem to arise where his relationship with Hanbin is complicated already, he leaned on the counter awaiting his reply. Hearing the question doesn't surprise him, he knew sooner or later Jinhwan would notice it but he didn't expect it to be this fast. “Well I heard from someone you were a vet and when Bbangdaeng vomited I couldn’t take the risk to go to her vet which is an hour drive from my apartment, besides yours is closer so I thought why not just change to a closer one. It’s less hassle for me and Bbangdaeng.”

Jinhwan thought it was utter bull, it was obvious why he’s here. He needs to be straightforward with this guy right now before it’s too late, “Whatever your intention is you should stop right now till it’s early.” Junhoe looked at Jinhwan and saw he was serious, mysterious he thought and wondered what he’s hiding. He just smiled at Jinhwan and uttered “And what are my intentions exactly? Care to elaborate 'Mr. Kim'?” Jinhwan inwardly sighed and his head started throbbing already, this might be a start of a headache he thought, he's playing games with me. The phone beep and Suhyun’s voice can be heard from it, “Doc your 10 am client is here, are you done yet?”

“Well that’s my cue, see you again Jinhwan.” Junhoe winked at him and started walking to the door with Bbangdaeng in his arms, “It’s Mr. Kim.” Jinhwan said with his gritted teeth, Junhoe laughed stopping at the door, “Whatever I’ll still call you Jinhwan, oh and about what you said earlier that’s for me to decide not yours.” he opened the door and left Jinhwan with his hand slowly forming into a fist and punch the counter with it. Why doesn’t he listen, I don’t need this right now, I have too many problems already I don’t need a new one.

Junhoe paid his fee in the reception and exited the clinic. Got into his car, carefully laid Bbangdaeng in the passenger seat and started driving away with a hint of smile still lingers in his lips.

 

 


 

Relaxing in his balcony with a glass of wine in his hand, Jinhwan’s mind is still composed of what happened earlier remembering he still needs to confront Chanwoo as to why he gave his number to a stranger. He grabbed his phone from the table and dialed Chan’s number, it rings and rings but no answer. Chanwoo was playing overwatch when his phone lights up, glancing at the name he stopped playing resulted in him dying in the game, he didn’t know whether to answer the call or not. He already knew why his hyung is calling him and he doesn’t want to hear his wrath well more like he’s afraid of what might happen to him. If he answered he’s dead, if he didn’t answer he’s dead also. Guess he doesn’t have much of a choice, might as well lessen his sentence by answering the call.

Jinhwan was about to end the call but he heard the call got through, it was silent but he barely hears breathing so he knows Chanwoo is there at least. He finds it funny how nervous Chanwoo was, he’s holding his laughter when he spoke. “Hello Chanwoo, I can feel how nervous you are by your breathing.” Chanwoo swallowed loudly, he was sweating heavily even though his air conditioning was functioning just well, his hands were also trembling from fear he’s feeling right now. 

“Hyung.. It was not intentional ok? He headlocked me while we were sparring saying he won’t let go unless I told him about you, he’s strong hyung so there was nothing I could do. He was not assigned as the captain if he was not that good.”

Jinhwan full blown laughed at him, he doesn’t even know why he was this happy, maybe the wine or maybe just how ed up his life was. On the other line, Chanwoo was confused as to why Jinhwan was laughing but then a thought came to him instantly. Jinhwan was drunk, that explains his happy mood, Chanwoo was thankful it was the happy mood not the scary mood. Jinhwan has many moods when he’s drunk, sometimes he’s happy but most of the times he’s scary there was also one time where he cried, yep he’s moody as hell even in a drunk state.

“Hyung, you’re scaring me. Just.. I’m sorry hyung, I never gotta give it to him intentionally knowing you’re gonna bury me alive for it.” Jinhwan’s laughter toned down when he remembered that they were talking about something, “It’s ok Chan, I’m not mad at you. It’s just… I can’t handle anymore problems right now. I called you for a favor.” Chanwoo released a heavy sigh when he heard he was safe for now, he closed his eyes and  whispered a silent thank you. “What is it hyung, anything.”

“I want you to help me with Junhoe, I already warned him about me but I’m getting the feeling he won’t give up that easily.” 

That would be a tough one for Chanwoo, he knew how Junhoe can be stubborn and he doesn’t give up if he doesn’t get what he wants. Considering he does not know the true intentions of Junhoe to Jinhwan, for the time being he’s gonna try to help Jinhwan. “Okay hyung. I’ll try, but don’t get your hopes up for me to succeed.” Jinhwan thanked him and ended the call with a goodbye, seeing the time on his phone it was already late and so he decided it was time to call it a night.