Parties

Jerk

…...While Jinhwan was reading his papers he received a text from Chanwoo….

 

From: Chanwoo

Hyung the party starts at 10, I’ll pick you up or you’re gonna drive there?

 

. Jinhwan cursed from his thoughts, looking at the clock in his office, it was already that late he forgot all about what he and had Chanwoo planned, well what Chanwoo forced on him. Inhaling a breath he typed a reply.

 

To: Chanwoo

Sorry, I’m declining your invite. I just wanna relax tonight you know..

 

*ring* 

Chanwoo is calling..

*ring*

 

Why is Chanwoo calling, he thought. He already declined his invite… “Hello Chanwoo?” Jinhwan answered, “I knew you were gonna back out, that’s why I had a plan b laid out.” Chanwoo chuckling said to Jinhwan which made him question Chanwoo what he meant by that. “What do you mean plan b?”....... 

“I kinda... took... your... figurine woody the last time I came to your apartment. I’m sorry hyung!” 

Jinhwan hearing what Chanwoo had done made his blood boil from anger, how dare Chanwoo take my woody! It’s my most precious figurine of all, it’s hanbin’s gift, thought Jinhwan. “Jung Chanwoo how dare you! You know how important woody is to me! Give that back this instant or I will give you the silent treatment!” said Jinhwan, the laceness in his voice had not gotten unnoticed by his best friend and he knew he ed up big time this time. “Hyung calm down, I’m gonna give it back to you if you attend the party” Chanwoo said cowering with fear in his car seat.

“Please hyung, you need this. Just listen to me once.”...... 

*sigh* Jinhwan contemplates whether this is a good idea at all, he knows Chanwoo only wants him to cheer up, he even took the chance by taking woody, knowing full well Jinhwan would get angry, maybe Chanwoo is really right. Maybe I really need this. “Alright, meet me at my apartment in 30mins and bring woody with you, I want him back this instant, don’t test my patience Chanwoo.”

“Oh and I’m gonna ride with you to the party so I can give you an earful.”

“Okay hyung, chill. See you in 30 mins! Bye!” *click* Chanwoo sighs and thinks this is gonna be a long night, hoping he would still be alive by the end of it. Jinhwan prepares to leave his office while his thoughts are full of cursing to Chanwoo, damn you Jung Chanwoo, just you wait later…


 

Jinhwan’s POV

 

He said it would be fun. He said this would help me. How the hell is this fun? I don’t even know these guys, and there are even creepy guys here that have been eyeing me since I set foot here. The one who invited me even has the audacity to leave me here sitting all alone, while he is just there talking with this tall handsome guy. Tsk. I should be angry at him for what he did to my woody…

A while back…

“Hyung.”

Silence….

“Hyung.”

Silence… 

“Hyung c’mon, not the silent treatment.”

*scoff* did he really think I’ll forgive him that easily? Well think again Chanwoo cause I’m gonna stand my grounds. I was thinking earlier whether to nag him or just give him the silent treatment, but then I thought giving him his own medicine is more of a right choice than letting him away easily. 

And so here I am, head leaning at the window watching the buildings and people pass by thinking I should’ve been on my couch right now in the balcony, drinking my favorite wine and enjoying the depths of the night and drown all my sorrows away, but no I’m here in this hell of a car on the way to that goddamn party, with this imbecile. Let’s see how you will repent now Jung Chanwoo.

“Hyung, I’m sorry. I’m just doing my best to help you, I don’t want to see you like that. Hurt and… miserable.”

Silence…

I didn’t say a word, what would I reply to that. I’m so angry at him and myself, I don’t need pity, but I appreciate Chanwoo’s concern. He's my friend after all, he knows me better than I know myself. Deep down I know, this is all my fault.

*sigh* “I like you better when you’re naggy.”

 

Present

 

I know giving him the silent treatment led him to leave me and talk with someone else, but that doesn’t change the fact he should give up that easily, he’s the one at fault here. And so I stood up, I rushed to him and grabbed his shoulders to face me. “Yah! Jung Chanwoo! What the hell are you doing?” 

“Hyung, what?”

What? He doesn’t even realize he left me there on the goddamn couch for an hour. And now he’s asking me what? I ain’t buying this . “Where have you been? I’ve been sitting on that couch for an hour, I don’t even know anyone here and you just left me there to sit. While you talk with him?”

“Hyu-“

Someone clears his throat, and it belongs to the one Chanwoo was talking. Damn, I didn’t even notice he was this tall, I have to crane my neck just to look at him. His face, oh his face is so dangerously handsome. It’s risky but I can’t help my eyes roam his face, from his eyes to his nose, lips and that jawline. Damn that jawline is painstakingly delicately defined it should be illegal to the whole world. 

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” the stranger smirkingly said to me. 

Oh . He just caught me ogling at him. , this is so embarrassing, can the ground just swallow me now. “Ehem.. First, I was not staring at you, okay? Second, who the hell are you to in on our conversation?”  His smirk just grew, if that was even possible. I don’t know but I got irritated by him, his aura screams narcissism and arrogance, and those are not my type at all. “Well little one I am Junhoe, Koo Junhoe. I interrupted you because we were the ones who are having a conversation here, you were the one who interrupted us.” 

Oh he did not. That’s it, I don’t like this dude period. 

“Well great job captain obvious, now excuse me I “WAS” talking with my friend here. Get loss will ya. Tsk.” giving him the eyeroll and facing Chanwoo.

“I’m sorry captain, my friend here is just moody, don't mind him. Another time captain, see you on monday and congrats on your gold medal again! You’re the best!”

I swear if Chanwoo hadn’t stepped in I would have choked him to death. “That’s okay Chan, thank you and you gotta step up your game too, you got skills it’s a shame to not show it. No worries, the lion gotta be tamed.” he oh so smugly said with those annoyingly smirks of him, this is my first time being annoyed to the highest by just one single smirk.

“C’mon hyung, let’s refill our drinks and have fun like I promised.” Still eyeing the stranger, I nodded at Chanwoo and followed him but without hearing the stranger’s smart comment. “What a grumpy dwarf…” I faced him again and scowled at him, he saw me and he full blown smiled at me. I pretended I didn’t see it and it didn’t affect me and just continued scowling at him till our staredown broke when Chanwoo and I entered the kitchen. What a ing rude ...

“Ya Chan, who was that rude guy you were talking, and you called him captain, who the hell wants his attitude as a captain.” I said to Chanwoo while pouring my drink, this hellhole got nice drinks, wonder who’s apartment this is, I wanna befriend him cause he got style in choosing drinks. “You heard him, his name is Koo Junhoe, he’s our captain and the one who hosted this party.” I squirted my drink that was already in my mouth to Chanwoo’s face bewildered how can an like him have this sleek taste in alcohol, “Chanwoo remind me again how this jiu jitsu works for your captain to have this godforsaken lustrous apartment and this so many expensive drinks.”

“Before that hyung, what did I do for you to spit your drink on me.” I faced Chanwoo and I really did spit it on him, and let me tell you his face was so ing hilarious, I can’t stop laughing at him I can’t even remember how long I laughed. “Har har hyung, it’s not that funny.” Oh it’s hella funny Chan hahaha, feeling sorry for him I grabbed a towel that was laying on the kitchen top and helped him wipe my saliva, *pfft*.. Chanwoo glared at me, stopping me from laughing again.

“I’m sorry Chan, it was not intentional I promise.” 

“It’s ok hyung, I probably deserve it, and stop laughing hyung, hahaha.. Anyways why are asking me about Junhoe?” 

I myself didn’t know why I asked him about Junhoe, maybe because of his house or maybe because his choice of drink is the same as mine. “You’re curious about him aren’t you, you wanna know more about him, *gasp* YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!” I looked at Chan like he grew another head, why would I be attracted to that . Yes he has that god striking face but that’s it, other than that I hate him. Besides the one I love is Hanbin, that would never be swept away with some stranger I would never meet again. “Shut up Chan, I do not have a crush on that . Now drop that thought of yours.” Or so I thought...

 


We were having fun for the least, we sat at the couch not the same couch I sat not long ago, we reminisced about our college days. We talked, laughed and bicker about the most ridiculous things ever. At that time I looked at Chanwoo, a smile still evident in my lips and eyes thinking even though Chanwoo is younger than him and is a handful, he still relies on him and that he’s thankful he has a best friend. Chanwoo then said something funny and we laughed together not without hearing someone clear his throat, AGAIN.

“Hey guys, what are you laughing about?” said the , he was behind me so I can’t see him and I won’t strain my neck muscles just to look at him, too much effort for my body.. Since Chanwoo was the one who’s facing him he answered, they talked for a while but I was irked by what motive he was for interrupting us. So I cleared my throat doing what he did earlier, still not making an effort to face him, “What do you want exactly from Chanwoo?” 

They stopped talking, I can feel the ’s eyes on me. “Well nothing in particular really, it’s not him I want something to be honest.” If it’s not Chanwoo he wants then who.. “If it’s not my best friend then who?” 

“You.”

What?

No words came out from my mouth, I was utterly speechless. What would he possibly want from me, glancing at Chanwoo grasping what the could want from me, sensing I am looking at him he moved his head side to side meaning he doesn’t know too. Contemplating I have to say something, I decided to face him and speak. “What?” we’re holding eye contact with each other at this moment, I don’t know why but looking at his eyes make me feel things. Weighing from the weight by the way he looks at me I almost didn’t hear what he said. “I want something from you, not Chanwoo.”

“And what could you possibly want from me exactly?”

He smiled, not smirk, smiled. A full blown smile with teeth, gosh how can someone be this handsome. “Your number.” I scoff, what a big ego this has. Does he think I’m just gonna give him my number that easily, but come to think of it it means I am his type. I blushed, my face looks like a tomato now, why would I even think about that. Maybe he just wanna screw around, well too bad I’m not into those kinds of things. “Sorry but I’m not gonna give you my number.” and that was the cue Chanwoo vomited horribly at the couch.