Realizations and Conversations

Of Crime and Passion: Two Moons (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hours after Byul left to go back to work, Hyejin laid on the sofa, lost in thought.

She kept replaying the conversation she had with her ex-wife earlier and she wonders if she's doing the right thing.

In the 6 months that they were apart, not once did she stop thinking of Byul.

And even when she spent months crying after they divorced, she knows in her heart that she still loves her and that she still wanted Byul in her life.

It's true, she does miss her, she still loves her, but is that enough reason for them to get back together?

While she was away, contemplating and reflecting on all the reasons why their marriage failed, she realizes that as much as she would like to blame Byul for everything, she can't.

Not because of how much she loved her ex-wife, but because she knows that she's partly to blame as well.

She had expectations.

Expectations that Byul could never meet because her heart wasn't in it.

She sighed and sat up on the sofa and leaned her head back to stare at the ceiling.

Looking back, their marriage was a sham from the very beggining.

It was business. Nothing more and nothing less for Byul.

They agreed to get married for the publicity, for the fame.

It was a marriage of convenience, she knows that, and yet... There she was, still expecting Byul to treat her like a real wife, and maybe, that's where the problems started.

While Byul married her to increase the business' popularity, Hyejin agreed to get married, not because of the benefits or the fame but because she genuinely loves Byul and wanted to be with her.

And shortly after they were married, she forgot that it was a business deal.

She forgot that they were married just for show.

And that's her fault.

But... Whenever Hyejin would start treating their marriage like the sham that it was, Byul would be the one to pull her back in.

She would make her believe that it wasn't all a lie.

They would make love and it would be okay again.

Until it wasn't.

Hyejin let out another sigh as she recalled all the arguments they had, all the fights, the yelling, followed by silence.

A silence that would go on for months

They would ignore each other, talking only when needed. And slowly, she started feeling like she was a mistress in her own house. That Byul will always be married to her job above everything else.

And that thought hurt her. It physically hurt to think that she will only ever be the second fiddle in their relationship.

With a groan, Hyejin stood up from the sofa and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

She needed to wake up and clear her head.

Minutes later, Hyejin stood under the spray of the shower, still thinking about Byul and their failed marriage.

She wants to try again. Because after everything they've been through, she just knows she could never love anyone else the way she loves Byul.

Her fire would never burn brighter or hotter for anyone else.

But she doesn't want this to be a repeat performance of their marriage. She's too tired for that.

Suddenly, she smiled and shook her head.

She spent 6 months thinking about what she would do if Byul ever asked for her back and she thought she had everything figured out only to find herself still confused by how strongly she feels for her ex-wife.

She should have stayed gone longer.

On the other hand, Byul was having one of her best days since their divorce.

She came back to the office that afternoon with a goofy smile on her face and a spring in her step.

Having that meal with Hyejin was a good sign for them, and the fact that her ex-wife didn't entirely protest to them getting back together was enough to keep her hopes high.

She had 6 months to think about what she would do if she gets a chance to be with Hyejin again, and she's sure she has everything figured out.

She's sure of it.

Well, she's sure that she's sure of it.

6 months is the longest that she hasn't seen Hyejin.

She never got used to it.

Yes, they used to give each other the cold shoulder at home, barely speaking to each other back then, acting as if the other is invisible, but still, they were together.

And for the longest time, Byul truly believed that as long as she was with Hyejin, as long as she can still see her, then she'll be fine with all the ignoring and coldness.

Byul knows she loves Hyejin, but she also knows that they got married for all the wrong reasons.

Their marriage was doomed from the very beggining so the divorce shouldn't have come as a surprise.

Yet, it did. Byul thought she still had time to make it work. They said 5 years. She had some time left, but Hyejin was tired and she couldn't blame her either.

But all of that is in the past now.

They can start again.

At least, Byul is hoping that they can start again.

Byul furiously types away on her laptop, replying to an email asking for instructions about a girl group that they're debuting in a few weeks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter