It's the Little Things

Of Crime and Passion: Two Moons (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul shrugged her shoulders and closed the cabinet where she got the plates from.

She walked over to Hyejin, whose face still looked like it was a mixture of regret and disappointment.

Placing the plates on the counter, she faced Hyejin and smiled at her. A smile filled with innocent naughtiness.

Byul: I didn't.

She says quietly and a cold wave of relief washed over Hyejin's features and Byul smiled even more.

Byul: But you said you weren't gonna get mad.

She said, reaching out her hand to pinch Hyejin's cheek gently.

Hyeijn: I'm not mad!

Her ex-wife answered indignantly, brushing off Byul's hand from her face and crossing her arms over her chest.

Byul: No? Well, you sound mad. You look mad. But you're saying you're not mad?

Hyejin: I'm not!

She replied, stomping her foot and frowning deeply.

Byul: You promise?

Byul asked teasingly.

Hyejin: Hmpft.

The curt expression earned a chuckle from Byul and she then picked up the plates again and continued to go back to the dining area.

Byul: Well, Miss "I'm not mad", could you please kindly bring the food. I'm hungry.

Hyejin: I said I wasn't mad!

Byul rolled her eyes and just walked off, leaving Hyejin in the kitchen, looking at the food that Byul bought for her.

It took Hyejin a minute or two before she completely calmed down from being "not mad".

And when she was sure that she wasn't completely annoyed with Byul anymore, she picked up the skewers and placed them on a plate.

She then took out a bowl and transferred the cold noodles there.

Setting both dishes on a tray, she went back to the dining area where Byul was waiting for her, standing behind one of the chairs.

Her ex-wife had a pleased look on her face and she knows that it was because she succeeded in teasing her earlier.

With a roll of her eyes, she set the tray down on the table and sat down, to which Byul followed suit.

They ate together quietly but the look of utter joy on Hyejin's face as she ate her chicken and pork skewers put a smile on Byul's face, making the meal more enjoyable.

She realizes that aside from not seeing Hyejin for a while, it's also been a long time sinec the last time she saw her wife enjoying, truly enjoying a meal.

Hyejin: So what did you do today after lunch?

Byul: Oh. Uhm... I had a meeting earlier and then I went to one evaluation. I wasn't supposed to go but that artist is debuting soon and I wanted to see their progress, firsthand.

Hyejin: And? How was it?

Byul: It was okay. I mean, they're talented, that's why they're with our company.

Hyejin: But...?

Byul: But I'm more worried about their interactions with the press, the genral public, how they showcase themselves on shows with other idols... That kinda stuff.

Hyejin: Hmmm...

Byul: I mean babe, think about it. If an artist is talented, then you only need to enhance that talent. But the atittude, now, that's the one thing I want them to keep working on. I don't want to have artists that only want to be famous.

Byul paused to take a big bite of her noodles and then continued talking.

Byul: Fame comes and go, but if the GP loves you for who you are and your atittude towards everything, then your stay in the industry is set. No matter what you release, or whatever branch of the entertainment industry you take, your fans will follow you.

She says before gulping down her food.

Dabbing Byul's mouth with a table napkin, Hyejin sighs and looked at Byul scoldingly.

Hyejin: Don't talk when your mouth is full. But yeah, that's true. Do you want them to go worldwide?

Byul successfully ignores her ex-wifes scolding look and reached for a skewer and took a bite and chewed, gulping it down before speaking again.

Byul: Maybe, someday. Right now, I just want them to focus on being recognized in Korea. Global fame will follow when the general public recognizes their talent. So... with that being said, their atittudes should definitely follow through.

She finished off with a smile and Hyejin poured her a glass of water.

Byul: Thanks, babe. No wine?

Hyejin: Nope. Water only.

Byul: But why?

Hyejin: Because I said so.

The firm reply was followed by Hyejin standing up to clear the table and Byul pouting and

Hyejin: Stop pouting and finish your water. And then, could you help me with the dishes, please?

Sighing, Byul stood up as well and helped clear the table and followed Hyejin, bringing the dirty dishes to the sink.

Hyejin started washing the dishes and Byul got a clean towel to dry them off. She wasn't surprised that the towels were in the drawer beside the sink, since that's where Hyejin kept the towels at their home too.

She smiled to herself as she wipes down a plate before putting it on the dishrack.

Byul: This is fun. We used to do this all the time, remember?

Hyejin: Yeah. Back when I lived at that t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter