Papers

Of Crime and Passion: Two Moons (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wina has been busy setting up the finer details of their mission to rescue the Kim Yongsun girl.

The auction's viewing is set for tomorrow and she needs to make sure that her men are ready. Well, they're always ready anyway, so it wasn't an issue. She was able to buy a new armory last week, that should help with their infiltration, and aside from that, her brother gave her a dummy bank account to use when the bidding starts.

The plan is for them to bid for the girl, once they have custody of the girl and they're out of the auction house, her men will storm the place and get as many triads as possible. She preferred to catch them alive of course, but small sacrifices will have to be made later on.

She's about to do some research on their other businesses when a soft knock on her door captures her attention. The door opens slightly and her guard peeks his head in to let her know that Mrs. Moon would like to speak with her.

She nods and Hyejin comes in slowly, carrying a brown envelope with her.

The soon to be former Mrs. Moon takes a seat in front of her and smiles. Wina felt the sadness of the smile in Hyejin's eyes and she doesn't need to ask why.

Byul was released from the hospital last week and she's been recovering slowly. She comes to work now but has been a little bit distracted. She didn't plan to tell Hyejin any of this but she insisted on knowing how Byul is doing. As much as Hyejin couldn't be with her anymore, the love she feels for Byul is still strong. Unfortunately, love isn't always enough.

After a few minutes, Hyejin pushes the brown envelope towards her, and Wina takes it and places it inside her drawer without looking at what's inside.

"Are you sure, Hyej? It hasn't even been 2 months. Isn't it too soon to do this?" Wina is genuinely concerned. Byul hasn't been taking their separation well, and she's extremely worried about what the CEO might do if she gives her Hyejin's final decision.

"Wina, it doesn't matter if it's 10 days, 100 days, 1000 days. The number of days may change, but my decision stays the same. Byul needs to let me go. I need her to let me go. We need to let each other go." Slow tears fall from Hyejin's eyes. This decision wasn't easy for her either, but they're both better off without each other. Byul needs to learn to live without her, to make decisions without her, to be herself without her. And Hyejin needs the same thing. This is what's best for both of them.

"Why? You're breaking her heart Hyej, she's still holding on to the hope that you guys can fix this. Can't you guys talk about this one more time? There's no turning back from this Hyej. I know I said, I'll respect your decision, but isn't it worth at least one more try?"

"Do you believe that, Wina? Do you honestly believe that Byul and I can fix our issues by simply talking about it? Because I've tried. I've tried so many times to talk to her and for her to talk to me. And nothing changed. We just grew apart even more and even faster than I expected." She choked on some of her words, her voice sounds defeated but there's a finality to it that made Wina admire her a little more. Some people never want to walk away from people they love even when it hurts staying with them but Hyejin is willing to walk away from the only person she loved so that they stop hurting each other.

"I understand." Wina sighs and looks at her expectantly. "What do you plan to do now?"

"I'm taking a hiatus from everything. I'll probably hide away at some beach house somewhere. I just need time for myself."

"Can you at least wait until this thing with the Yongsun girl is settled? I don't want you to be in ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter