A New Moon

Of Crime and Passion: Two Moons (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
6 months later...

It's been 6 months since Byul and Hyejin finalized their divorce. And for a short while, Byul had a really hard time getting over that. There were a lot of days where Byul worked at home, not having the will or energy to get dressed and show up at the office.

Her habits and schedule changed drastically.

She would often work non-stop for 36 hours, not getting up to eat or do anything and then when her body gives up, she would eat whatever she can eat inside the refrigirator.

She went on days long drinking sprees on her own, inside her house.

Byul was slowly killing herself. And that's how she dealt with Hyejin leaving her.

But 2 months into her bad habit, Wina lost it with her and threatened Byul that if she doesn't pull her together, Wina will remove her from the company.

Which Byul had no doubt she could do, seeing as Wina did have major control over the business.

Wina had a lot to say to her at that point and Byul listened to half of it, barely.

But what really pushed her to get up was when Wina said to her, "You ruined your marriage for this company and now, your ruining your company because of your marriage. When are you ever going to commit yourself to one thing and actually see it through? No wonder Hyejin left you."

Her words angered Byul but Wina wasn't lying though.

When Byul and Hyejin were together, she was so consumed with wanting to make the company bigger that she neglected her wife, and now that Hyejin was gone, she's slowly neglecting herself and the company, and for what? For a woman who wasn't coming back?

It slowly dawned on her that a lot of the things that were happening were mostly her fault.

For being too indecisive, for wanting too many things, for not learning to settle with one thing, for not appreciating what she had, when she had it.

For not having balance.

So in the next few months, she worked on herself.

She focused on work and helping aspiring artists make it in this cut-throat industry.

She devoted her time to finding the balance between her work and home.

Little by little.

Everyday she made small changes in her life.

From not drinking on weekdays, to going to the gym to work out, to learning to clean up after herself, to not staying at the office past 6pm.

She read more, studied the industry more, she got to know more of her artists, got to know more of the people that worked for her.

But at night, when she comes back home, she still can't stop thinking of Hyejin and wondering if she'd be proud of all the small changes she's been making.

And now, 6 months later, her life is back on track.

Somehow, that made her a little happy.

She still thought about Hyejin a lot, but she was a little happier now.

Just a little.

Today, Byul woke up tired and unmotivated, knowing that she had a lot to do at the office today. But she powered through her morning and did her usual routine and now she's here, crouched over her desk, looking and reviewing evaluations about their artists, for almost 3 hours now.

Working silently with Wina as they both read and write their recommendations for the artist they're reviewing.

Byul: So, how's this new girl, Su-Ji, holding up? How's her training so far?

Byul asks without looking up from her paper.

Wina: She's doing well. I had the team focus on her vocals.

Wina's tone is curt and she sounded annoyed.

The CEO doesn't miss this but she just nods and flips the report on her hand and places it on the table.

Byul: What's her training ratio?

Wina: 50% vocals, 30% Dance, 20% Other. The "Others" include acting, hosting and diction.

Again, her response is rigid and stiff and she does so without even looking up from her work. Byul felt that she's stressed over something but she doesn't really know what so she just keeps on trying to make conversation.

Byul: Okay, good. Do you think we should debut her in a girl group or do you want her to go solo?

Wina: I can't say for now. I want to see her 3 month's evaluation before I can give you an opinion.

And again, Wina sounded like something is irritating her.

Byul: Okay... But what do you think of her?

Sighing, Wina pauses from reading her report and stretches her neck for a bit.

Wina: Seems like a good girl. Sandeul did background as always. Comes from a decent family, gets good grades in school, no records of bullying. She seems good.

Byul sighs softly and glances at the papers in front of her.

Byul: Then that's good enough for me.

She says, while looking up at the ceiling and stretching her arms towrads it. She's contemplating if she should keep trying to talk to Wina or just leave her alone for a bit.

In the end, she just gave up trying to find out what's wrong with Wina's mood today and went back to the stack of papers in front of her.

Both women fell silent as they continued to grade the reports they're working on when Wina sighed, very loudly.

Byul raised an eyebrow and looked at her.

Byul: Yes?

The other woman was taken aback and just waved her hand as if to dismiss the CEO, but Byul was already curious.

Byul: What is it?

Wina: Nothing you need to know about.

Byul: Is this about that Yongsun girl? How is she by the way? Having fun baby sitting?

Byul asks with a smile.

Wina rolled her eyes at her boss and puts down the paper she's grading to look at Byul, annoyingly.

Wina: Her name is Yong, not the Yongsun girl, and if you must know, she's doing well. My brother is having her study some vocational courses so she can be a bit more skilled... But this isn't about her.

Byul: Oh? Then what is it about?

Grudgingly, Wina stood up and took an envelope from her desk, then walked over to where Byul was sitting in her office and handed it to her.

Wina: Awards season is coming. And since you and your ex-wife refused,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter