Moving On

Of Crime and Passion: Two Moons (Book 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul and Hyejin arrived at the party just in time to be the last ones to walk the red carpet.

It's been months since the couple was seen together so it was no wonder the media went crazy when they first walked hand in hand toward the entrance of the event.

Once they were inside the venue, they both went around and greeted people they've known. These parties were in a way, just a gathering of potential business partners.

Byul hated these events and Hyejin didn't really enjoy them either, but they had no choice except to attend each year seeing as this was one way to expand their business network.

After a few minutes of walking around, Byul felt extremely tired already. All she wanted to do was go back to Hyejin's apartment and hopefully make love to her all night. But since that wasn't going to happen any time soon, she decided to just go to the second floor of the venue to take a rest.

She and Hyejin had gotten separated as they were mingling with different people so Byul didn't know where she was at the moment.

When Byul finally reached the balcony on the second floor, she quickly scanned the room below in search of Hyejin. Although there were a lot of people, Byul still managed to find her ex-wife, happily talking with the last person she wanted her to be speaking to.

There was no mistaking who the woman was. She would recognize her anywhere.

Chungha.

Immediately, Byul started to feel annoyed and angry at how Hyejin was speaking to the woman who started the chaos in their relationship. It reminded her of how Hyejin acted throughout their marriage and how everything went wrong after her affair with that woman.

Byul's grip on her wine glass got tighter and tighter with every passing minute so she decided to go out onto the balcony to have a smoke only to realize she wasn't carrying any cigarettes with her because she said she would quit.

She sighed in frustration when a cigarette suddenly appeared beside her, attached to Wina's hand. She smiled and took the cigarette, placed it between her lips and her secretary then lit it for her. "Thank you." She said with a grateful expression on her face.

Wina only hummed in response and lit her own cigarette. Neither of them said anything for a few minutes as they continued to enjoy their smokes on the second-floor balcony while looking out into the distance at the lights of the city.

"You know, Hyejin wasn't the only one who made mistakes in your marriage," Wina finally said as she took another drag from her cigarette.

Byul sighed and flicked her cigarette to the dirt floor of the balcony. "I know." She said quietly as she looked back at Wina, "We both made mistakes."

Wina nodded and stubbed out her cigarette before looking back at Byul, "Then why is it that you're the only one holding on to your ex-wife's mistakes when she willingly forgave you for yours?" she asked.

The question caught Byul off guard and she didn't know how to respond at first, but eventually, she shrugged her shoulders and said, "I don't know. Maybe it's because I still feel betrayed and maybe a little jealous because everything she was doing with that woman, she used to only do with me." she said, almost whispering the last few words.

Wina scoffed at Byul's statement and lit another cigarette, "Tell me, Byul. Do you want to fix your marriage? Make things right with Hyej?"

"Of course! You know I do!" Byul replied indignantly.

"Then let it go." Wina advised as she took a long drag on her cigarette and blew the smoke out in front of her. "Hyejin opened her heart to you again so don't waste that opportunity by dragging up old issues that aren't relevant anymore. You have to bury that or it's going to bury any chances of you and Hyej ever getting back together."  

Byul understo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter