DAY 14&15 | 15/20 KISSES

A Deal of 20

It’s been hours since Hyewon has been awake. Currently she’s just laying down at the couch with her phone, with the television on the background. As she was checking her phone, she saw a new message that made her smile.

Left it near your dorm. One scratch and I’ll kill you.

  • SeulBear

She quickly typed a reply to say her thanks. She then heard the door of her roommate being opened, and see Minju walking out, obviously just woken up. She watched the younger as she wanders around and entered the kitchen having a glass of water.

“Morning.” Minju greeted her sleepily.

“Rough night?” Hyewon asked and chuckled.

Minju did not answer but went straight to the bathroom to do her morning rituals. While in the bathroom, Hyewon sat up from her laying position and checked the time. Okay I can do this. Hearing the bathroom door open, she saw Minju looking fresh already with no sign of sleepiness from earlier.

Minju went straight to the living room and settled right beside the older girl with a reasonable space between them. She flipped through the channels looking for something entertaining, when she heard a cough coming from the older girl.

“Hey, let’s go out.” Hyewon simply stated.

“I’m tired, I’ll just stay in.”

“No like, let’s go to the mall.”

Surprised, since Minju knows that Hyewon hates going to the mall, she looked at the older girl seeing if she’s serious. Shaking her head, Minju turned to watch whatever is playing in the television.

“You can go ask Yena, I think she’d agree.”

“Damn it, Princess. I’m asking you out on a date here!” Hyewon exclaimed, surprising the younger girl. Seeing the surprised look of Minju, the older girl could not but to chuckled with amusement.

“We never really went out on an official date.” Hyewon started to explain. “So, since we’re both free for today, let’s go on a date. My treat!”

Minju thought about what the older girl said, and since she does not have anything to do for the day, she decided to accept the offer. Seeing the older girl looking at her expectantly she smiled and answered.

“Sure, but how would we get there?”

“Don’t worry about that! Just be ready by 11 alright?” Hyewon said and went to her room saying that she’ll play with her laptop for a bit. Minju smiled at the older girl and looked at the time, seeing that she has 3 hours left, she decided to lounge for a bit before getting ready.  This should be worth it.

“You have a car?” Minju asked, staring at the car in front of them. Jiggling the keys, Hyewon scoffed and unlocked the car.

“Nope, this is my cousin’s car. Seulgi-unnie. I just asked her to borrow it just for today.” Hyewon opened the door at the passenger side, beckoning the younger girl to enter.

“Princess, your carriage awaits you.” She joking said.

“Shut up.” She carefully closed the door when Minju successfully entered and ran to the driver side.

Turning on the engine, Hyewon looked at the interior of the car. It was a simple Subaru since she asked for just a simple but decent car from Seulgi. As she the air-condition, she looked at Minju’s side to see that the latter is ready.

“Minju-ah.” Hyewon said with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

“Yeah? Why?” Hyewon could only sigh at the younger girl’s obliviousness.

“This is the part where I lean in to put on your seatbelt.” Hyewon teased. “But I see, you didn’t read our script.” Earning her a smack from the younger girl.

“You and your delusions!”

“I’m just making you live the dramas you always watch!”

“I’m going to head back at out dorm if you don’t drive at this second!” Minju threatened as she held the door’s handle.

“Alright, alright! Chill woman!” Hyewon laughed and started driving to their destination. Minju looked at the older girl smiling from their interaction and she could not help but to smile too. It seems like worth it.

As they entered the parking lot, Hyewon suggested Minju to already go to the mall and she’ll just follow after looking for a spot. The younger girl was about to agree when she asked Hyewon if she’s familiar of the stores in the mall, in which the latter sheepishly answered a no. She decided to just accompany the older girl to look for a spot.

“Oh wow, that’s a nice art.” She heard the older girl said, looking at her side. Minju took a peek and indeed, there was a graffiti of some sort on the wall. It seems like it is made just for the sake of pictorials.

“Would you want to take a picture?” Hyewon asked Minju, who was still in awe of the art.

“Maybe later when we’re finished, we should look for a spot first.” Minju suggested and started to look around to see if there is a space they could park.

It took them 5 minutes before successfully parking their car. Getting out of the car, Hyewon double checked if nothing valuable was left inside. She then locked the car, walking beside Minju who was waiting for her.

“Want to take a picture now?” She asked in which the younger girl shook her head.

“We can do that later.” Minju answered. “Let’s roam around the mall first.”

“As you wish, Princess.” Hyewon jokingly said and entered the mall with Minju laughing at her antics.

“So, where do you want to go first?” The younger girl asked.

Hyewon looked around the mall, grateful that it is not as crowded as she thought it would be. Humming a response, she looked at Minju and shrugged.

“I’d just follow you. I’m not really familiar with this mall.” Hyewon smiled.

“You sure about that?”

“Yeah! I told you, this is a date. So, of course I’ll follow you wherever you go.” Hyewon said, convincingly. Minju then raised her eyebrows and started walking ahead of Hyewon.

“Well then, come on!”

“Minju, that’s the 7th dress already.” Hyewon sighed and looked at her roommate who was looking at a dress.

“Hey, why are you complaining?”

“I mean, that’s the 7th dress and we’re on the 4th store already!” Hyewon complained, and adjusted the bags she’s holding. You see, when she thought of this date, she missed the fact that Minju tends to be shopaholic.

“What do you think of this?” Ignoring the older girl’s complain, Minju turned around holding a new dress for Hyewon to see. The latter rolled her eyes and looked at the girl in front of her who is still waiting for her response.

“Minju, it would be perfect on you.” Hyewon said for the nth time, earning a groan from the younger girl.

“You’ve been saying that since the first dress I tried!” Minju exclaimed and looked at the dress again.

“It’s not my fault that you’re too perfect and beautiful, Princess.” Hyewon shrugged.

“This won’t do. You’re too biased. I need professional help here.”

“Hey! I’m not biased! I told you the tasseled and frilly dress would make you look like a make-up brush!”

“That’s not my point!”

Groaning, Hyewon looked for a chair where she could sit as Minju continued browsing the racks in the store. She never thought that shopping with the younger girl would be this stressful, and heck, it’s not her fault that Minju is really beautiful in any dress. Well except the brown dress with too much tassel and frills. Hyewon is no fashionista, but she knows that that dress is an abomination.

Looking at the time in her phone she saw that it is already 12:30, which means that it is already lunch time. Turning her gaze to Minju, who was happily trying on dresses she couldn’t help but smile at the sight. Minju is too precious for her own good, and the fact that Hyewon could spend time with the younger girl makes her feel really lucky.

She can’t help but think of their deal, she knows that the possibility of Minju falling in love with her is slim. Heck, there’s much more possibility of her being the next president that the younger girl falling in love with her. Staring at Minju, she thought of her mother’s recent message to her. Hyewon can’t help but to sigh, and hope for the best. Because to be honest, she knows she’s considering her mother’s offer. Minju-ah, please.

“Nice view?” Hyewon heard a cough and a voice beside her. Looking at the person, she saw that the girl is one of the store’s staff.

“Excuse me?”

“Girlfriend?” The girl asked again, as she nodded her head at Minju’s direction. Hyewon looked at her roommate who was still, for the love of God, looking for a dress. She chuckled at herself and answered.

“No, we’re just roommates.” Making the girl beside her scoff.

“Could’ve fooled me.” Hyewon looked at the girl who discovered called as Joy, rolled her eyes.

“What do you mean?” Hyewon asked curiously.

“Just the way you stare at her, it’s so full of love, it’s disgusting.” Joy shivered at the thought making Hyewon laugh. Oddly, she’s comfortable talking to the girl. Maybe it’s because of her approachable aura that she exudes.

“Well it’s just me.” Hyewon answered quietly, and averted her gaze to the ground. Am I that obvious?

“Honey, what are you talking about?” Joy asked laughing at the girl who seems sulking at the moment. Putting her hand at Hyewon’s shoulder, she continued. “That girl looks at you with the same amount of grossness.” Joy laughed and squeezed Hyewon’s shoulder making the latter look up.

“What do – “

“But please, tell her not that dress. I told Yeri to burn that dress already. God, where is that midget?” Joy exclaimed as she looked around squeezing Hyewon’s shoulder one last time before walking around the store. Looking for a certain Yeri.

Hearing what Joy said, Hyewon looked at Minju who is currently holding the dress she thought of abomination. What the hell? Seeing that Minju is walking at the counter, Hyewon quickly carried the bags off the ground and went to Minju. Stopping the girl.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Hyewon asked as she eyed Minju who was holding the dress. , it’s so ugly I can’t even look at it.

“Buying this dress.”

“Excuse me, what?”

“Buying this dress.” Minju repeated showing Hyewon the dress.

“Minju, you’ve tried on almost 10 dresses here, and you chose that..” Hyewon could not even look at it anymore. “That ugly piece of thing.”

As Hyewon looked at Minju in front of her, she saw two familiar – oddly familiar giants walking, who both seem to be planning to enter the store. She quickly averted her gaze to the younger girl and looked around. She quickly grabbed the dress to put it on the rack when someone grabbed it from her.

“Sorry Miss, this is unavailable. Please look a much more decent dress. Or improve your standards. Thank you.” Hyewon heard Joy behind her. She would have laughed at Minju’s expression but there was no time. She quickly pulled Minju out of the store and walked away from it despite the younger girl’s protests.

“Hey! What do you think you’re doing?!” Minju exclaimed, trying to resist Hyewon. Seeing that they are garnering attention from other people, Hyewon looked behind her if they are far away from the previous store. Letting go, she looked at the younger girl.

“Saving you from that abomination of dress.” Hyewon simply said and shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t need saving. But it seems like you were getting cozy with that staff from the store.” Minju said which surprised the older girl. Is she … no, irrelevant. As she was about to retort, she saw Minju walking back from the said store.

“Hey come here!” Hyewon pulled Minju again.

“Let go of me!” Minju protested. “I want to buy that dress!”

“Shut up or I’ll kiss you!” Hyewon threatened, making Minju blush, and successfully shut the younger girl up.

“Wow, Minju-ah. You really hate my kisses that much?” Hyewon jokingly said, which earned her a smack from Minju. Hyewon could not help but laugh at the younger girl’s face.

“Come on. I’m starving, you’ve been trying on dresses for an hour.” As Hyewon said this, Minju’s stomach suddenly rumbled, making the latter blush more. This caused Hyewon to laugh loudly and pinch Minju’s cheeks.

“Seems like you are too.” Hyewon laughed. “Come on. My treat!” And pulled Minju looking for a restaurant they could eat at.

“Hyewon, that’s your 4th plate.” Minju quietly said at the older girl who was busy eating.

“Minju, with all the dresses you’ve tried on, I think I deserve this.” Hyewon said still eating happily, Minju then looked around and see other people looking at their table.

You see, Hyewon chose a restaurant though it may not be as expensive as others, but it is still considered expensive for a college student. The older girl said that she would pay for their lunch so Minju is not worrying about the bill, but she’s embarrassed with how the older girl is eating right not in front of her. Is this her last meal?

Hyewon is on her 4th plate already, and the waiter keeps coming back at their table. It seems like he already knows that their table won’t be finished anytime soon and keeps checking on them to assist them if ever they need him. Minju smiles appreciatively at the waiter and looks at Hyewon, who was almost finish.

“Don’t tell me you’ll order another plate?” Minju carefully asked, hearing this Hyewon grinned at the younger girl.

“Hmm, that seems like a good idea.” She teased, which earned her a kick under the table.

“Ouch!” Hyewon said as she rubbed her foot. “I was just joking! But I need dessert!”

Hearing the older girl, Minju nodded at the idea. Hyewon then signaled for the bill and waited. Minju was looking for her purse when she heard Hyewon.

“What are you doing?”

“Looking for my purse, let’s half the bill.”

“Don’t worry, I got it.” Hyewon dismissed Minju.

Minju was about to protest when the waiter arrived with their bill and Hyewon quickly gave him her card. Glaring at Minju, as if daring her to protest. The waiter quickly bowed to swipe her card.

“You shouldn’t have you know.” Minju said quietly. “We could’ve split the bill.” Hyewon smiled at the sight of a sulking Minju.

“You could just kiss me later.” Hyewon teased, but before Minju could smack her the waiter arrived with her card. Thanking them as they leave the restaurant. Pulling Minju out of the restaurant, the younger girl could see how excited Hyewon was looking for the perfect place to have dessert.

She could only smile at the sight, thankful that she had met this girl in her life. She couldn’t imagine staying at the dorm without this annoying girl.

“What are you waiting for?” She was pulled out from her thoughts when Hyewon pulled her. “Let’s get some crepe!”

“Seriously, you’re still not full?”

“Princess, there’s always a second stomach for dessert.” Then Hyewon whisked Minju away looking for their crepe.

Entering another store, Hyewon started to contemplate if going on a date with the younger girl is a bright idea. Minju is having nonstop shopping, buying clothes, always reasoning that she does not enough clothes. Seriously, her closet is about to explode with all of her clothes.

Looking around, she saw something that caught her attention. She quickly ran to Minju who was about to try on another top when she pulled the latter out of the store.

“Hey! I was about to try that on!”

“Enough of clothes, you’d love this!”

“Wha – “ Minju did not finish her sentence when they stopped in front of a colorful store. A sweet vanilla smell filling her senses, Minju smiled widely and excitedly jumped up and down.

“Told you so.” The older girl smugly said.

“Gummies!” Minju shouted, now pulling the older girl to enter the store. Hyewon could only laugh at Minju’s childishness.

“Careful, Princess. They won’t be running out anytime soon.”

That’s how the both of them walked around the store, getting all the sweets they love. Hyewon knows it’s unhealthy to have this amount of sugar, but heck, who cares when Minju is smiling like that? Yeah, diabetes here I come.

“ Minju. You can surely shop.” Hyewon grunted as they enter the parking lot, adjust her hold from all the bags they – Minju, got from the store.

“I haven’t gone to the mall in ages.”

“But this is too much!” Hyewon complained but Minju could see that the older girl is smiling.

“Well, live with it.” Minju rolled her eyes and teased the older girl by walking faster than the latter.

“Hey! Wait up!” Hyewon shouted. Things I do for love.

Minju then stopped in front of their car, waiting up for the older girl. She’s guilty that Hyewon was carrying all of her stuff, but the older girl insisted all the time. So, she just let Hyewon to do her thing, but the guilt is still there of course.

Seeing Hyewon panting in front of her she went to get some of the things she bought from the older girl, signaling the older girl to open the car. Understanding Minju, Hyewon quickly fished out her keys and unlocked the car. They went at the trunk to put all of Minju’s stuff, but the younger girl did not forget to get her gummies. She’s planning to munch on them as they drive home.

“Hey, let’s go to that mural now.” Minju said, when she suddenly remembered the graffiti when they entered the parking lot.

“Seriously?” Hyewon asked, obviously not liking the idea since she’s too exhausted.

“Yeah, you’re insisting on it earlier.”

“That’s because I wasn’t tired that time.” Minju rolled her eyes at her roommate.

Hyewon straightened herself and looked at the younger girl who was waiting for her to move. She started to whine at Minju, who could only look at her amusedly.

“That won’t work on me.” Minju laughed. “Get your off, and let’s take a picture.”

Hyewon continued to whine when her attention went to two familiar figures. For the love of God. Not now.

She then looked at the younger girl who was just raising her eyebrows, waiting for her to move. What to do, what to do?  She’s averting her gaze from Minju to the two figures, and it seems like the younger girl noticed it.

“Why are you not moving?” Minju asked. “Who are you even looking at?”

As she asked that, Minju started to turn around to look behind her. Panicking, Hyewon doesn’t know what to do. Thinking of only one thing, the older girl pulled Minju behind a pillar near their car.

“What are you – “Without thinking, Hyewon smashed their lips together in a kiss, taking Minju as a surprise.  Please don’t kill me.

Hyewon closed her eyes as she kissed the younger girl, holding Minju’s waist as she pulled closer the latter. She hopes no one would walk near their spot because this is too scandalous to begin with. She then felt the younger girl responding, putting her brain into haywire.

She could not help but to move her lips along with Minju’s, kissing the younger girl is always an experience that Hyewon could not get tired of. The feel of Minju’s soft lips against hers is something she could only dream of. At first, she thought she could go on with their deal, but after their first kiss, she knows she’s doomed. Because how can she continue with her life, if she already tasted Minju’s lips? Knowing that their kisses are slowly decreasing in numbers.

Thinking all of these, Hyewon got carried away with her emotions. She continued to nibble Minju’s lips who was kissing her back. With this fact, she couldn’t control herself but to bit Minju’s lower lips, asking for entrance. She was surprised when she heard a quiet moan, only the both of them could hear.

This sound made Hyewon quickly pull away from the younger girl, both of them blushing madly. Minju is staring at the ground, noticing the plastic of her gummies on the ground. She didn’t notice that her gummies fell to the ground, with the intensity of the kiss.

Seeing the gummies, Hyewon quickly grabbed it and coughed awkwardly. Getting Minju’s attention.

“Let’s go home now.” Hyewon said without looking at the younger girl, handing out the plastic she’s holding.

Minju nodded, despite knowing the older girl is not looking at her. She then grabbed her gummies from the older girl who quickly walked to the passenger side. Opening the door, Hyewon waited for the younger girl to enter, looking around to see if the two girls she saw earlier are gone.

Seeing that the coast is clear, Hyewon saw that Minju is already inside the car and quickly closed the door. Quickly situating herself on the driver’s seat, she could still hear the quiet moan from Minju earlier. Making her a little jittery and not being able to pull the seatbelt properly. Behave Hyewon. That’s bad. Bad Hyewon.

Taking a deep inhale, Hyewon could feel Minju’s gaze at her. Successfully pulling the seatbelt on to her seat, she the engine and drove away. And the car ride to their home couldn’t get any more awkward that time.

It was so awkward that Hyewon the radio to listen to gospel songs. Lord please help.

Having the most awkward car ride ever, Minju went quickly inside her room with her stuff. Hyewon told her that she would be waiting for her cousin, Seulgi, to return the keys. Looking at the stuff she bought she perhaps thought that she indeed overdid it.

Not having the energy to organize her things, Minju plopped down on her bed. Without thought, she remembered the things that happened that. How funny it is to see Hyewon being exhausted, how biased Hyewon is giving opinions, how hungry the older girl was, the excitement she had when they were buying crepe. She could not help but frown when she also remembered Hyewon laughing at the girl from the store. What was her name? Jane? Jan? Whatever, irrelevant.

Not wanting to remember that anymore, Minju fished out her phone looking for any updates and or anything that could entertain her. As she was scrolling down through her Instagram, she saw a familiar mural on her feed.

Looking at the user, she saw that it was from Yujin’s account. Looking at the picture, Minju is entirely sure that it is the same mural from the mall’s parking lot. She swiped the post to see the other photos, and she was welcomed with the sight of Yujin and Wonyoung posing together.

Minju was not an idiot. Well maybe sometimes. But she could connect the dots from this point on. how panicky Hyewon got when they were in the store earlier is because she saw Yujin and Wonyoung. And the kiss. That intense kiss from the parking lot. Minju then thought how Hyewon quickly pulled her behind the pillar and kissed her. Holding her still. Kissing Hyewon. She then suddenly blushed when she remembered the sound she made when the older girl bit her lower lips. The was I thinking?

Shaking away from her thoughts, Minju stared at Yujin’s post. She smiled, appreciating Hyewon’s panick gesture just to prevent Minju from seeing the two girls together. You really did that even though I might kill you? Minju chuckled. I’ll let you live another day then.

Not thinking, Minju hit the heart, liking Yujin’s post. She then continued scrolling when her roommate texted her a message with a photo attached.

With Seulgi-unnie. She wanted to say Hi.

  • Kwangbae

She opened the photo to see a selfie of the both of them. A monolid girl holding the camera smiling widely, that she might be mistaken by a bear, and a poker faced Hyewon behind her. Laughing at her roommate’s obvious irritation, she texted back.

At least smile at the camera.

  • Minjuring

Her phone immediately chimed with a new text message, and another. Minju opened it only to be surprised with a photo. Hyewon smiling softly, with her warm black orbs, looking straight at the camera. Minju doesn’t know why, but her heart skipped a beat when she saw the picture. Without second thoughts, she saved the picture of her roommate.

Don’t wait up for me. Love you princess.

  • Kwangbae

Gulping, Minju quickly texted her best friend.

Let’s meet up tomorrow. Usual place. 1pm.

  • Minjuring

 

“What’s the problem?” Chaewon immediately asked, as soon as she took the seat in front of Minju. They were at their favorite café, and receiving Minju’s vague text worried the girl tremendously.

“I’m having..” Minju trailed off. “I’m having problems.”

“Minju, I think it’s obvious that you’re having problems. But can you please be specific?”

“Do I really need to say it out loud?” Minju asked, obviously stressed out. Looking at the girl in front of her giving her a bored look, Minju sighed and rubbed her face.

“About Hyewon.” She whispered.

“I’m sorry, come again?”

Groaning, Minju looked up to see the girl smirking. “About Hyewon.” Repeating herself, a tad bit louder.

“About time.” Chaewon said as she rolled her eyes. “Hold that thought, I’m going to order first. I think this is a long discussion.”

That’s how Minju started to open her problems with a certain introvert roommate to her best friend. She told Chaewon about all the things that Hyewon is doing, how the older girl is taking care of her. She even told Chaewon their ‘date’ yesterday. After pouring her heart out, Minju is waiting for Chaewon to say something. But the girl was just looking at her, with an unreadable look.

“So?” Minju asked, probing the other girl to talk.

Drinking her milkshake rather quickly, Chaewon coughed and looked at the expecting gaze of her best friend. Hyewon, what the ?

“So, I’m not a shrink okay?” Chaewon started. “Do you see herself as her girlfriend?”

Hearing the question, Minju suddenly coughed feeling something suddenly stuck on . She quickly drank her water since her hot chocolate was already finished. She then shrugged her shoulders as an answer, since she really does not know. She has never imagined herself being in a relationship, especially not to her roommate.

“Do you see yourself without her in your life?”

“Chaewon, Hyewon’s weirdness is not something you’d ever forget.” Minju stated.

“Touché.” Chaewon nodded. “Just tell her what you’re feeling right now then.” Chaewon shrugged.

“What do you mean what I am feeling?” Minju questioned, completely not getting Chaewon’s point.

“It may have escaped your notice,” Chaewon said. “But you’re falling for her.”

“That’s absurd!” Minju strongly denied, making her best friend roll her eyes.

“I’m curious, why can’t you accept that fact?” Chaewon curiously asked her best friend. Earning a grunt from the girl.

“Because that’s obviously not true.” Minju said. “I think I’m just projecting my feelings for Yujin to Hyewon.”

This earned Minju a loud groan from Chaewon, earning looks from other customers. Minju smiled apologetically but Chaewon doesn’t even care.

“Stop the deal then.” Chaewon stated. “If what you said is true, then we both know Hyewon would be hurt in the end.”

“She won’t listen.”

Scoffing, Chaewon looked outside. “Does she ever?”

“Convince her, please.” Minju beg. “I don’t want to lose her as a best friend.”

Surprised at the claim, Chaewon looked at Minju who was looking sad at the moment. She’s an idiot.

“I’m not promising anything, but I’ll try my best.”

“Thank you.” Minju sighed. “I owe you one.”

Chaewon nodded then stared at Minju who was busy eating her cake. She then remembered her other friend’s face and how in love she is with the girl in front of her. Obviously, Hyewon wasn’t given a heads up on how dense Minju is. She just hopes that no one gets hurt from this they’re having. Obviously, one is bound to suffer.

Clearing , Chaewon decided to discuss her subjects with her best friend who immediately followed the conversation. Complaining about the workload and how stressful their teachers are, the two continued to gossip until the sun went down.

Entering their dorm, Minju slipped off her shoes to properly put it on their rack. As she was about to turn to the living room, she was surprised to feel a pair of lips welcoming her with someone holding her nape softly. The person then pulled away and of course, it would be Hyewon, grinning widely at her.

“Welcome back, Princess!” Hyewon greeted and hugged Minju lifting the latter up for a moment. “I missed you!”

Putting the younger girl down, Minju could only stare at Hyewon standing in front of her. The older girl pinched Minju’s cheeks and sat down at the couch.

“Had fun with Chaewon?” With the question, Minju immediately nodded her head, still surprised by the sudden chaste kiss from her roommate earlier.

“Yeah,” She trailed off. “What was that?”

Looking at Minju, Hyewon stopped eating her popcorn that she made earlier to look at the girl sitting beside her.

“What was what?”

“That.” Minju repeated, staring at the older girl back. Understanding what her roommate is pertaining to, Hyewon nodded her head.

“Oh, the kiss?” She smirked. “Why? Wanted it to be longer?” Hyewon teased, but Minju just rolled her eyes.

“I’m serious.”

Seeing that the younger girl is not in the mood, Hyewon shrugged her shoulders. “Just wanted to do something domestic.”

Hearing the response, Minju stared at the older girl who was already watching some sort of action movie on the television. She could hear her heart beating loudly, hoping that the older girl could not hear it. she then remembered what Chaewon said earlier.

“Stop the deal then.”

“If what you said is true, then we both know Hyewon would be hurt in the end.”

Clearing , Minju started.

“Hyewon-ah.” She called the older girl who just hummed and continued watching. “Hyewon-ah.”

No reply, just continued watching. Turning the other girl to look at her, Minju sighed. “Listen to me.”

The older girl furrowed her eyebrows, concerned as to why her roommate seems serious. “Did something hap – “

“We should stop the deal.” Minju said, making the older girl silent.

“We should stop it.” Minju repeated, waiting for the older girl to reply. To no avail, Hyewon was just staring at her.

“Hyewon, listen to me.” Minju mentally prepared herself, not knowing what to actually say since this is a spur of the moment.

“I don’t want to hurt you, okay? I was wrong to accept this deal in the first place. I don’t want to continue knowing that you’d be broken at the end.” No reply.

“Please Hyewon. Think about yourself. I don’t want to lose you as a friend. I don’t want to hu – “

“Is it that bad to fall in love with me?” The older girl quietly asked. Not bearing to look at Minju, she averted her gaze to the ground.

“No, Hyewon. That’s not wha – “

“But that’s exactly what you’re saying!” Hyewon raised her voice, not being able to control her emotions anymore. Minju was surprised to hear the older girl raising her voice, Hyewon was always quiet and understanding. But to hear the older girl like this, she could not help but to close her eyes.

Composing herself, the older girl stood up. Turning the television off, she turned to look at Minju who was still quiet. She knows her tears are about to fall, but she managed to blink her eyes to control it. Reprimanding herself for losing control, she crouched down in front of Minju.

“Minju-ah” She called out softly. “Look at me, please.”

Hyewon lifted Minju’s face for the latter to look at her straight in the eyes. She forced herself to smile, hoping that the younger girl would not say anything about it.

“I don’t go back on my words.” She said quietly. “I’ll stop after our deal.”

Feeling her tears on the verge of escaping, Hyewon quickly pulled Minju into a hug, for the latter not to see it. Thankfully, the younger girl returned the hug amid reluctantly. She then kissed the younger girl’s head staying there for a moment.

“Just, please.” With a broken voice, she continued. “Let me savor this moment, okay?”

Hearing how the older girl is broken, Minju doesn’t know how and what to reply. She never expected Hyewon to be this persistent with their deal. She thought the older girl would listen to her, to stop her deal for her own well-being. But it seems like, Hyewon is too attached with the deal.

Minju felt the older girl kissing her forehead.

“I love you Minju-ah.” With that said, Hyewon quickly left, popcorn forgotten. Entering her room and locking it as soon as possible. But Minju was not blind, she saw how a tear rolled down the older girl’s cheeks. She looked at the left popcorn on the table and sighed to herself.

“Is it that bad to fall in love with me?”

Minju cried silently as she stared at the ceiling, remembering how broken Hyewon was. It’s not that. It’s because I don’t want to lose you.

Inside her room, Hyewon did not manage to reach her bed before breaking down at the door. Leaning at the door behind her, she hugged her knees closer to her. She knew that that conversation was bound to happen, she knew she would be hurt to hear that conversation. But she didn’t know that it would hurt this bad.

She laughed silently to herself, scoffing at her imaginations that maybe, at some point the younger girl would fall in love with her. You did this to yourself.

As she cried her eyes out silently, she pulled out her phone. Opening her inbox, she tremblingly typed a reply.

I’ll do it.

  • Hyewon

Hitting send, she immediately got a reply from the person as if expecting her to answer.

Thank you.

  • Mom

Dragging herself to her bed, Hyewon threw her phone not caring where it landed. She just wanted comfort, she just wanted peace for the time being. Because right now, her heart is breaking. And it’s drowning her.

She just wants for the darkness to consume her, to let her forget everything. Just for a few hours. I love you Minju-ah.