DAY 4&5 | 4/20 KISSES

A Deal of 20

DAY 5&6 | 4/20 KISSES

99-BaNgERz and a dweeb

hYEYna: Hey! KWANG HYEWON

hYEYna: HEY! DON’T PUT ME ON READ!

hYEYna: WTF r u planning w Minju?!?

hYEYna: U RAN A MILE JUST TO BUY HER SNACKS!

hYEYna: U DON’T EVEN WALK W US TO BUY FOOD! WTH?!?

cheyWOWN: So, u rlly ran just to give her snacks?

KwangBAEE: It’s just snacks. I don’t walk w u guys coz we always do delivery duh.

hYEYna: iT’s jUSt sNaCKS. Wth r u srsly planning?

KwangBAEE: It’s just a deal between us, no biggie.

cheyWOWN: U do know what would happen right?

hYEYna: I thot I’m d idiot here, but seems lyk kwangbae took my place.

 

“Ouch, the fudge?” Hyewon exclaimed while laying down at the couch interrupting her chat with her two friends. Pushing herself up from the couch, she saw the culprit, no other than her roommate Minju. The latter was looking at her as if she committed murder.

“Why did you throw that?!”

“You ate my cereals!” Minju exclaimed, trying to looking for another thing to throw at the older girl.

“Innocent until proven guilty.” Hyewon answered back, scrambling from her position and standing up. Minju scoffed at answer, she entered the older girl’s room to get something.

“Hey! That’s tre – “Hyewon was cut off by what Minju was holding. A bowl with a spoon and a carton of milk. The older girl can only laugh awkwardly as she noticed her roommate still glaring at her.

“On top of that, you also ate my gummies! Seriously, how dare you?!” Minju exclaimed, attempting to throw the bowl she’s holding at her roommate.

“Minju! Let’s talk like a civil person! Let’s not resort into violence!” Hyewon said while she run into her roommate getting the bowl that would have been thrown at her. Walking to the kitchen, she heard her roommate sat down with a huff.

“I want cereals and gummies.” Minju muttered to herself, sulking.

“Well then, let’s go get some.” Hyewon suggested to the sulking girl, thinking that it’s her fault. But it’s not like the cereals were not hers, she bought it with her own money but then gave it to Minju. Then at some point last night, she suddenly craved something sweet after playing games and the cereals were so inviting.

“What’s in it for me?” Minju looked at her roommate, thinking that the older girl is planning something. This caused Hyewon to roll her eyes as she sat down beside Minju at the couch.

“Damn, I’m not that thirsty for your lips y’know?” In which she earned a smack from Minju.

“Shut up! I know how your brain works.”

This caused the older girl to laugh and looked beside her to see Minju still looking at her, thinking that she would still do something. Hyewon smirked and moved closer to Minju, which caused the latter to move back and lean at the arm of the couch, closing her eyes. I knew this weirdo is planning something. She then felt someone pinching her cheeks, opening her eyes, she saw the older girl smiling innocently at her.

“Ouch! That hurts!”

“That’s what you get for throwing a pillow at me!”

“But you ate my cere – “

“Then get up! Let’s go buy some, we’re running out of foods here anyway.” Hyewon said and stood up from the couch, getting her purse from her room. Minju just stared at her roommate and followed, immediately getting her own purse and phone at her room.

Glaring at the older girl who’s busy playing with her phone, Minju grabbed the latter’s phone to get her attention.

“Hey! I was about to win! It’s a ranking game!” Hyewon exclaimed, exasperated knowing that she ranked down in her online game.

“I was calling for your attention for the past 10 minutes! You’re so busy with your phone, help me pick some foods for us!” Minju said, while pocketing the older girl’s phone. Proceeding to look at the shelves to look for her favorite cereals. Spotting her favorite, she immediately smiles and walked over it. As she was about to get two boxes of it, a hand stopped her.

“Woah, down girl. Two boxes? Of Cornflakes?!” Hyewon questioned and looked at the younger girl.

“Yeah, any problem with that?”

“It won’t be any problem if it’s not two boxes of 2 bland cereals! How can you even pick that?”

“You did not even complain when you finished it last night!”

“Well yeah, because I was craving for it! You did not know how many sugars I’ve put just to taste something!” Hyewon answered as she put one box on the shelf and proceeded to get another box of cereal, Coco Puffs.

“Oh, come on! That’s like eating air! Let’s just get two Cornflakes!” Minju complained, which caused the older girl to look at her, as if what she said was unbelievable.

“Well if air tastes like this, then give me all the air in the world.”

Hyewon ignored the younger girl’s complain. But Minju would not back down without a fight, she immediately grabbed the Coco Puffs in their cart and changed it with another box of Cornflakes.

“Minju! I am not eating two boxes of sandpaper!”

“How dare you insult the best cereal?!”

“That’s not even in the category of cereal!”

“Yeah, because they are on their own standard, since they are the best!”

Hyewon was about to retort when she saw a familiar back behind Minju, standing a few feet away from them. Wow, what a fate.

“Hey, hybrid dog on your 6.” Confused with the sudden statement, Minju look at the older girl in front of her without any clue to what she was saying. Hyewon sighed with the confused face of her roommate.

“Stop looking at me like that, you look like a frog.”

“Hey! That’s jus – “ Hyewon cut her off by spinning her around to look behind her. Minju then saw what the older girl was talking about. A few feet away from them, Yujin was busy looking for snacks on her own.

“No wonder you’re not a gamer. You don’t even know your 6.” Hyewon whispered to Minju and chuckled. The latter just stared and admired the taller girl from afar, not doing anything. But Hyewon saw the longing in the younger girl’s eyes. When would you ever look at me like that?

She then pushed Minju slightly which caused the latter to get out of her head. Hyewon pushed Minju again as if sending a signal.

“Why are you pushing me?” Minju complained at the older girl.

“At least say hi to her and not just stare. That’s just plain rude. And creepy.” The older girl rolled her eyes. This caused Minju to look at Hyewon, confirming if what she heard was real. But then Hyewon was busy organizing the foods in their cart. Feeling someone’s gaze over her, Hyewon looked at Minju. Seeing the curious and unsure face of the younger girl, she just chuckled.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine over here. I’ll just organize our cart.” Encouraging the younger girl to approach Yujin, Hyewon nodded over the taller girl.

“Just be yourself Minju-ah.” That made the younger girl walk over to Yujin, who was still busy looking for cereals. Hyewon looked at Minju’s figure approaching the taller girl and sighed. What the hell Hyewon?

“Hey Yujin-ah.” Minju mustered some courage having enough distance between her and the younger girl. Hearing someone calling her, Yujin looked at her right to see Minju beside her.

“Unnie! Fancy seeing you here!” Yujin grinned at the older girl, making the latter blush. Trying to hide it, Minju coughed and looked at the shelf.

“So, looking for cereals?”

“Yeah, I don’t know what to get seriously.” Yujin pouted, which made Minju squeal mentally. Gosh she’s so cute. But her thoughts were cut off.

“I’m not sure what Wonyoung likes, she’s so random with her cereals.”

Hearing that name, Minju nodded and looked around. Seeing that Hyewon was still tidying up their cart, she does not know how to get out of the situation at hand. Of course, it would be for Wonyoung.

“ – think, unnie?” Minju was pulled out from her thoughts and looked at Yujin. Staring at her waiting for an answer.

“What? Sorry, I was out of it.” Minju smiled sheepishly.

“What cereals should I get for Wonyoung? I’m not sure what she would like.” Yujin pouted at herself, as she looks at the various choice of cereals in front of them. Minju cannot answer because it’s not like she’s not close to Wonyoung but really, she’s not close with the younger girl to know what her taste in cereals are. As if hearing her plea, Hyewon pushed their cart over the two girls looking at the cereals.

“Don’t ask Minju for cereals. She’s just going to recommend some sandpaper.” Yujin looked at the older girl and smiled widely.

“Kwangbae!” Yujin walked over to the older girl and hugged her, which made the latter groan.

“Put me down now, you dog!” Hyewon said, being the introvert her she feels the other customers looking at their direction. This is tiring.

Minju smiled at the sight of her roommate being tired and irritated. Sometimes, I forget how much she hates socializing because of how she teases me every day.

“Did you just call me a ?” Yujin questioned, using her puppy eyes to make the older girl guilty. But this just earned a scoff from the latter.

“Yujin if I would call you a , I’d go straight to the point and not use other terms.” Hyewon rolled her eyes as she went on to get a box a of cereals.

“Fair point.” Yujin nodded, seeing that Hyewon was handing something to her. She looked at it and saw a box of Cookie Crisp.

“No one could go wrong with a box of Cookie Crisp.” Hyewon grinned at the younger girl, and as if a light bulb was , Yujin smiled widely.

“Thank you Kwangbae! You’re a savior” Yujin exclaimed as she grabbed the box from the older girl. Hyewon chuckled at the younger girl and looked at her roommate who was smiling at them.

“No problem, don’t want you to eat some sad cereals.” Yujin just chuckled and went on her way, but before she goes, she went to hug Minju which surprised the latter. The sight caused Hyewon to look away from the two. Feeling that the tall girl is already on her way, Hyewon proceeded to walk over to another section to look for their food.

“Hey princess, stop daydreaming and let’s get your gummies.” Hyewon said to get the attention of her roommate. Minju followed the older girl to the candy section of the store, looking at Hyewon’s back.

“Stop staring at me, and get your gummies.” Hyewon said feeling the stare of her roommate behind. Scoffing, Minju walked ahead from the older girl looking for her gummies.

“I’m not staring at you.” She rolled her eyes, spotting her favorite gummies, she grabbed 4 packs of it and as she was about to put it inside their cart, she saw how the older girl is looking at her and approaching her.

“What, what are you doing?” She backed away from Hyewon.

“Staring at you.” Minju blushed, and looked away from her roommate.

“Well then, stop. It’s creepy.” Minju retorted without looking at Hyewon. But the latter did not listen, and continued to slowly approach the girl. Feeling the shelf behind her, Minju can only close her eyes expecting what Hyewon might be thinking to do. God, how is she an introvert again?

Smirking, Hyewon trapped the younger girl and leaned closer. Feeling each other’s breath, Hyewon smiled looking at her roommate who has her eyes closed. She felt how Minju’s breath hitched as she continues to lean closer, grabbing the younger girl’s waist she leaned in to whisper.

“Why can’t I stare at my girlfriend?” Leaning away, she grinned at how Minju’s eyes widened. Showing she got her phone from the younger girl’s pocket. She walked away from the younger girl playing another game on her phone.

“Push the cart. As thanks for preventing you to suggest some sandpaper to your crush.” Shaking from her thoughts Minju frowned and went to their cart.

“It’s not even sandpaper.” As she went to put her gummies inside their cart, she saw two boxes of cereals. 2 boxes of Cornflakes to be exact. She smiled at the sight and looked at the retreating figure of Hyewon, who was busy playing with her phone already. This weirdo seriously.

“What the – “

“Did they really ju – “ The younger girl nodded at her companion.

“Right in front of my salad?!” Getting her phone, she texted her friend on what she witnessed with her companion

Hearing her phone chime, Hyewon looked at the sender and furrowed her eyebrows. Opening their chat, she looked at the most recent message.

99-BaNgERz and a dweeb

hYEYna: Tf did u two just do?

hYEYna: Flirting ryt infront of my salad?!?

cheyWOWN: Hyewon, why don’t you stop?

Sighing at what she read, Hyewon typed a reply and pocketed her phone. Looking at her roommate choosing some snacks she looked around to spot two of her friends. But to no avail, she cannot see them. Smiling she sighed and walked over to help her roommate. I can’t.

KwangBAEE: After 20 days and 20 kisses, I’ll stop.

Staying at the library is one of the things that Hyewon would always do when she has free time. Because who would not want to stay in an airconditioned room for free, with fast connection, and a peaceful corner where she could do anything she want. Which is of course to watch anime, because what’s a fast connection if you would only do your assignment, right?

So yeah, Hyewon is currently on her 4th episode of Angel Beats, which she knows an old anime already, but seriously, nothing can beat the this. She remembered watching it for the first time, and how she bawled her eyes, not knowing that it would be that hreatbreaking.

As she was busy watching it, she felt some presence in front of her. Looking up from her phone, she saw two of her friends glaring at her. Pulling out two chairs, they sat down in front of her and Hyewon just rolled her eyes, and continued to watch her anime. Not until her phone was grabbed from her.

“Hey! It was starting to get better!” Hyewon whispered, but obviously irritated at the two people in front of her.

“Don’t start with us Kang Hyewon. What do you mean 20 days and 20 kisses?” Yena questioned, controlling her voice since they are in a library.

“It’s just that, 20 days and 20 kisses.” Hyewon shrugged, trying to grab her phone from Yena.

“Are you saying you would have 20 days and 20 kisses to make Minju fall for you?” Chaewon, being the only normal one, immediately got the gist of what her friend is saying. Hyewon nodded at what she said, and Yena can only look at the girl beside her.

“Are you crazy?!?” Yena almost shouted but was grabbed by Chaewon to lower her voice, so it became a harsh whisper. Hyewon sighed with her reaction and looked at the two in front of her.

“I don’t know, I didn’t expect her to agree with it.” Hyewon groaned, thinking about their deal and how much she would face because of it. Yena and Chaewon looked at their friend sadly, not knowing what to say.

“How about you stop it?” Chaewon suggested, in which Yena nodded along. But Hyewon just shook her head not wanting the suggestion.

“I promised her I would stop pursuing her after the deal if she did not fall for me.”

“Would you really?” Yena questioned, looking worriedly at her friend. Hyewon slightly laughed at the question. Would I really? Fair point.

“You know I don’t go back on my words.” She replied, looking at Chaewon and Yena. Seeing how her friends are worried, she smiled at them. Feeling grateful to have the both of them to lean on.

“But you’d be broken after this.” Chaewon worriedly replied. The older girl just looked up and chuckled at herself. As if I didn’t know that already.

“A reason why I should do my best right? Because I’d still be broken if I did not do anything about my feelings for her.” Hearing this, the two can only sigh and look at their friend who smiled at them. They can only nod their heads since they both know that once Hyewon decided to do something, she won’t be stopped.

“Just remember we got you, okay?” Yena reminded her, which received a smile from Hyewon.

“Yeah, that’s why I’m thankful for the both of you.”

Plopping down beside her roommate who was busy doing some school work, Hyewon looked at the wall clock seeing that she still has 2 hours to spare before going to her shift. She started playing with her phone, muttering words for some stupid players pulling her down.

Getting irritated by the other players, Hyewon left the game and groaned. Stupid players. She looked at her roommate who was still busy doing her work, peeking at what Minju is doing she giggled to herself. Wow, she’s stuck there?

Apparently, Minju is doing some math for one of her minor subjects and is stuck on one of the questions. Not wanting interrupt her roommate, but not wanting to die of boredom, Hyewon decided to do the best thing. Which is to annoy the younger girl. She placed her head on Minju’s lap, causing the latter to lean away from her notebook.

“Hyewon, not today.” She groaned, trying to push the older girl off her. But to no avail, the latter wrapped her arms around Minju’s waist and buried her face, acting cute.

“Yes today, Minju-ah.” She grinned as she looked up, meeting the unamused look of Minju. Trying to push her away again, Minju can only groan because how can Hyewon be this stubborn and strong?

“I’m busy here, go play with your phone.”

“But the other players are stupid.”

“Seems like a personal problem.” Minju said, successfully pushing Hyewon off of her lap. The latter just huffed out of disappointment and looked at the book in front of Minju.

“Need help?” She offered, which caused the younger girl to look at her. Minju knows that Hyewon is a genius, heck she’s the type of student who would rather watch and play but still have a perfect score on a test. So, hearing the offer would make her feel grateful. But knowing her roommate, she immediately thought of what Hyewon is thinking as an exchange.

“Don’t you have a shift to go to?” Minju raised her eyebrows, questioning the older girl. Hyewon shook her head as answer.

“Still have some few hours to spare, might as well do something for my boredom.” Hyewon scooted closer to the younger girl to see what problem she was working on. Minju let her roommate see the problem but still wary of what Hyewon is planning. Feeling the younger girl’s gaze, Hyewon looked at her.

“Seriously, let me just help. I’m bored, I like this kind of problems.” Hyewon insisted, grabbing a pen and paper to start solving and maybe help the younger girl. Seeing that her roommate seems sincere, Minju let Hyewon do her thing. It’s not like I’m going to lose anything.

That’s how Hyewon spent her time before her shift. Teaching the younger girl some things on her problem, pointing out where she went wrong, giving her some tips on how to solve it properly.

“No, Minju. I told you it should be – “

“But how the hell did that happen?”

“I told you, it’s becau – “

“ this subject, I don’t want it.”

“No, you’re doing fine. Just remember what I said, you’re getting the hang of it.”

Hyewon encouraged the younger girl, seeing that she sometimes gets confused on the operations. Rookie mistake. Knowing that she would give up, Hyewon continues to give motivations and tips for Minju. Which seems effective, since Minju started to doing much more complicated problems without her help. This made Hyewon smile, looking at the time, she realized she spent an hour and 20 minutes to teach Minju. Better than nothing.

Standing up from their couch, she started to get ready. Entering her room, she changed her clothes into a much formal wear appropriate for her job which is just at a café. Why did I even apply there if I’m an introvert? Oh right, because of free foods after shifts. Putting her essentials in her bag, she went out of her room to see Minju already finished with her work.

“Easy?”

“Easy as cake.” Minju smiled and looked at her roommate. Hyewon then proceeded to sit on the couch to spare some minutes. I still have 25 minutes since the walk there would only take me 5 to 7 minutes. She then turned to her roommate who is already watching the drama playing in the television. Observing Minju, she realized how beautiful and admirable the girl really is. No wonder every one has a crush on her. Yeah, even myself. So much for the cliché dramas I hate.

“You’re staring.” Hyewon ignored the younger girl, and continued to stare.

“Indeed I am.”

“I hate it.” Minju answered back, still watching at the drama playing.

“I learn to appreciate beautiful things, and it just so happens that you’re really beautiful.”

Groaning at the answer, Minju turned to look to meet the older girl’s gaze. But she was surprised at how soft and alluring Hyewon’s eyes at the moment. As if she can see right through her, see her flaws and see it as perfections, understand her thoughts without even hearing it.

Hyewon smiled and leaned closer to the younger girl who is now staring at her too.

“Now you’re staring.” She pointed out, making Minju pull out of her thoughts and scoff.

“That’s because you look ugly just now.” She answered back, rolling her eyes. This earned her a chuckle from the older girl.

“That’s how you thank me?”

“For what?”

“I taught you, I think an insult is not a great show of gratitude. With all the complaints you gave me, I think I deserved better, don’t you think?” Hyewon answered grinning sheepishly. Minju looked at her roommate furrowing her eyebrows. I knew it, this snake.

“So? What do you deserve?” Minju crossed her arms, Hyewon pouted and acted like she’s thinking something.

“What can you offer princess?” She questioned, looking at the other girl.

“A slap on the face.” Minju answered with a poker face. This caused Hyewon to be shocked and act like she has been slapped right there and then.

“That hurts Minju-ah! How about a kiss?”

“Two slaps on both sides of the face.”

“Oh, a kiss with tongue then?” Hearing this, Minju just groaned with how stubborn her roommate is. Good Lord, help me. What did I do to deserve this? Cut out from her thoughts she heard a whisper near her.

“A kiss as a thank you would suffice princess.” Hyewon whispered near the younger girl’s ear. Leaning back, she saw how Minju blushed with her sudden action, which made Hyewon smirked.

“Okay, but no tongue.”

“Aww, but I deserve that!”

“I’ll slap the hell out of you if I felt it!” Minju answered back, getting annoyed with Hyewon insisting. Knowing her roommate is getting irritated, Hyewon stopped and nodded. Seeing this, Minju closed her eyes tightly waiting for roommate to move.

“Do it, so we can be through with this.”

“Eager now, aren’t we?” Hyewon teased.

“Shut up or I’ll – “ Hyewon cut her off with a kiss. She can feel how the older girl is nibbling her lips, how gentle she is with her. As if she is a fragile object that would require extra care. Minju can taste mint from the older girl, thinking that she brushed her teeth. She could not help but wrap her arms around Hyewon’s neck.

Hyewon felt arms wrapping around her neck, making her own snake on the younger girl’s waist. She felt that Minju is leaning back because she is currently on top of the younger girl, she used her left hand to support her weight. She continued to kiss her roommate, relishing how soft the younger girl’s lips are, how good it feels having her in her arms. Being carried away, she traced the younger girl’s lips with her tongue just like the ice cream incident. But Minju did not pull away, and only tightened her hold on to the older girl’s neck. Knowing that she cannot control herself any longer, Hyewon pulled away from the kissing. Is it just me or did Minju followed my lips when I pulled away?..no, irrelevant.

Panting for air, Hyewon heard her phone chime. Looking at the reminder about her shift starting in 15 minutes. She turned to look at her roommate who was also panting for the lack of oxygen. She was surprised with the look of Minju, but the latter turned to watch the drama still playing. Is that? No, of course not. Irrelevant again.

Minju was panting for air, she almost got carried away during their heated kiss. She did not know why she didn’t slap Hyewon when she felt the older girl’s tongue. Instead, she tightened her hold on to the latter. What she’s also confused is how disappointed she was when the older girl pulled away. When Minju saw that Hyewon is looking at her, she immediately turned her head to watch the drama.

Getting off from Minju’s lap, Hyewon looked at the time. Oh wow, spent too much time in kissing. She turned her head to the younger girl, who was still avoiding her gaze. She saw how disheveled Minju’s hair was, hence, she approached her. Minju felt someone touching her hair only to see Hyewon busy combing it with her own fingers. Staring at the older girl, she realized how innocent her roommate looks.

“You’re staring again.” Minju heard her own words being thrown at her, and see that Hyewon was smiling at her, finish with her ministrations with her hair.

“Shut up.”

“Ouch Minju-ah, is that how you talk with your girlfriend?”

“Girlfriend my . Don’t you have to go?” Minju answered rolling her eyes at the childish act of the older girl.

“Yeah, I’m about to go now.” Hyewon answered as she went to get her back from the floor. Stretching herself, she peps talked herself mentally because she knows she would interact with people. This would be tiring, but you’ll have pastries after it!

“Why do you even need to work? Your allowance from your parents are enough to even feed a whole class.” Minju pointed out, because yes of course, Hyewon is loaded. But it’s not noticeable with how the older girl acts, especially with her being an introvert.

“Exactly, that’s not my money. I want to earn on my own. Someone needs to put some bread on our table Minju, and it would most likely be me.” Hyewon answered, looking at the girl with a teasing glint in her eyes.

“Hey! Are you telling I’m lazy?!” Minju exclaimed, offended by her roommate’s indirect insult.

“I did not say that, stop putting words in my mouth Minju-ah.” Hyewon answered in a sing-song voice, walking to their rack to get some appropriate sneakers for walking.

“I am not lazy! I have my own job you know!” Minju retorted crossing her arms, pouting slightly. This sight made Hyewon chuckle.

“Yeah princess, I know. Don’t miss me too much, okay?” Hyewon said not looking at the younger girl as she was busy putting her shoes on.

“Why would I miss you?” Hyewon smiled at the question and run back to her roommate to tackle her with a hug. Snuggling her face on Minju’s neck.

“I’m just saying, you might miss my love and affection for you.” Hyewon muttered against Minju’s skin, making the latter shiver. Hyewon then quickly pushed herself off the younger girl to go out.

“Don’t wait up for me!” Hyewon went out immediately, leaving Minju to stare at the door. As she turned her head to continue to watch the drama, she heard their door being open only to see Hyewon’s head peeking through.

“What?” Hyewon just grinned at the younger girl’s question, and shook her head.

“Nothing, just want to say good night. Love you Minju-ah.” Hyewon softly said and went out again, leaving the younger girl staring at the now closed door, surprised with how soft and innocent the older girl is. Stop that you weirdo.

“Love you too, you weirdo.” Minju whispered.

Because she knows that Hyewon really deserved better, she knows what Hyewon means, she knows that she’s going to hurt her best friend. But what she did not know, that each day passing by, each kiss between them, makes her question herself. Does she really want it to end?