DAY 2 | 3/20 KISSES

A Deal of 20

Walking around the campus, Minju noticed that she still has 30 minutes before her next class starts. She always finds walking as a relaxing activity, taking her mind off from all the stressful things even just for a few minutes. Having a spacious university is another factor why she likes to take a walk, seeing several students either walking around just like her, or passing time while listening to music.

As she turned a corner, she saw a tall girl with shoulder-length hair sporting an oversized hoodie. She suddenly became nervous but then she heard her annoying roommate’s voice inside her head. ‘ – too much of a coward to ask her out.’ This suddenly gave her some courage to approach the tall girl.

“Yujin, hey!” She said as she walked over to the tall girl, which she successfully gained the attention of.

“Minju-unnie!” Yujin hopped happily and hugged the older girl, which surprised the latter.

“Hey! Put me down!” Minju embarrassedly said as she tried her blush. She was then put down and looked at Yujin who was sporting her signature grin.

“So, what’s up unnie?”

Minju malfunctioned with the question, not exactly sure why she called the younger girl. But then she remembered her roommate again, which made her thought of something.

“U-uhh, do y-you want to uhm, have lunch w-with me?” Minju stuttered and look elsewhere trying to avoid Yujin’s eyes.

But seeing at her peripheral vision as the younger girl frown, she was about to take back what she said when she was cut off.

“Sorry unnie, I promised Wonyoung to have lunch with her today.”

Minju suddenly remembered, right there was Wonyoung. That tall and baby-like girl who is always with Yujin. Wonyoung who seems to be comfortable with Yujin, and same goes with Yujin. Minju forced out a laugh hoping it wouldn’t sound strained to the younger girl.

“That’s alright! Maybe next time then!” Minju acted looking at her watch seemingly in a hurry.

“Sorry Yujin, but I’m going to be late on my next class! Take care!” Minju hurriedly left, without waiting for the younger to reply. Yujin can only frown as she waves at the vanishing figuring of Minju. But was replace by a grin as she heard her phone chimed, and a big smile was seen as a certain giant baby texted her reminding her about lunch.

As Minju stopped in front of her classroom, she saw she was the first person to arrive. Checking the time and seeing that she still has 10 minutes to spare. She just decided to enter the room, and plopped down on the chair near the window. She then ruffled her hair and lay her head down on her desk. Idiot, of course she would have other plans. Who am I kidding?

As she was sulking and self-pitying, she did not notice some other students arriving. She then felt a presence beside and saw that Chaewon , her bestfriend, sat beside her.

“Hey, Chaewon, what’s up?” She greeted as she still lays her head on her desk. The other just chuckled and gave something to Minju.

“These are for you.”

Feeling something cold, she looked over at what Chaewon was holding only to see her favorite apple juice and gummies. Minju suddenly forgot what happened earlier and brightened up immediately, getting the snacks from the smaller girl. She then saw a note on the gummies.

For your sulking face, you look ugly today.

                                           -Kwangbae -_-

“Hyewon insisted to give that to you, she was panting like she ran a marathon, and we all know that she hates running.” Chaewon stated while looking at the sad girl earlier.

“She just stole my gummies last night.” Minju said as she opened her snacks, not noticing the smile that was forming on her face and completely forgetting the disaster earlier.

“Yeah, what ever you say.” Chaewon chuckled at her best friend as she ready her notebook to take some notes.

Minju stared at the note that Hyewon wrote, deciding that she would keep it, she pulled it off from the gummies and stick it on her binder. She then took out her phone to text her roommate.

As if you look better than I am.

  • Minjuring

Seems like you’re smiling. You’re welcome.

  • Kwangbae

Minju just left her absurd roommate on read and continued to eat her snacks waiting for their professor to enter the class. Looking outside the window, she did not notice her best friend’s look at her. Neither did she notice her own self smiling while she reads the note. I hope no one would get hurt with this Hyewon.

Because somehow Hyewon managed to lighten up her day with her weird ways.

Hyewon was walking around the university after finishing her last class for the day. Thinking of what food, she may eat for lunch, she thought of asking Minju. Knowing the younger’s schedule, she knows that Minju’s class will end right before lunch. She thought of taking the younger girl out for lunch, thinking it as a good idea she was about to text Minju.

Fishing her phone out, she searched her contacts to message her roommate. Thinking of what to message Hyewon started to write random messages, but deletes it thinking it’s too forward

Where do you wanna go to lunch?

Lunch with me?

Hey! Lunch?

As she was about to hit send with the last message, she heard an awfully familiar voice.

“Minju-unnie!”

Hyewon looked up from her phone, and just as expected she saw Yujin and Minju, with the taller girl hugging Minju. Hyewon looked down at her phone and decided against in sending her message. She pocketed her phone and watched the two interact. Wow Minju, not much of a coward now?

Hyewon smiled sadly, thinking about their deal. She knows she’s most likely would get hurt in the end, and here she is now looking at the person she likes talking to Yujin. I’m so pathetic.

As Hyewon watched Minju and Yujin interact, she could already tell that Minju acted to get out of the situation. She then saw Yujin answer her text smiling, as Minju’s figure retreats the scene. Hyewon reading the situation and out of emotions suddenly run to the nearest store she knows.

Knowing her roommate, Hyewon is sure how Minju is feeling. Of course, she would know, Hyewon is an expert in the field of being rejected. Even if it’s a rejection of an offer to have lunch, it does not hurt any less. Which is why she looks an insane person looking for her roommate’s favorite gummies and apple juice.

She then went straight to the counter asking for the cashier to hurry up, looking at her watch she saw that she only has 15 minutes before Minju’s class starts.

“That would be – “Fishing out 2 dollars from her pocket, Hyewon ran out of the store while shouting her thanks.

“Welcome, I guess?” Whispered by the dumbfounded cashier.

Running is not her forte, she hates it to the core. She despises it, and here she is know running her best to give Minju her favorite snack. Because of what? Yeah, because you saw her being rejected by crush for a simple lunch. Yeah. Pathetic Hyewon.

“Woah, hey Hyewon!” Her train of thoughts were cut of by Chaewon. Chaewon! Perfect!

“Hey! You have your next class with Minju right?” Hyewon asked while she catches her breath, and Chaewon nodded to answer as she looks worriedly at her friend.

“Great! Give me a minute!” Hyewon said as she pulled out a white sticky note and pen from her bag. Writing some simple note for her roommate she put it on the gummies and handed the snacks over to Chaewon.

“What’s this – “Chaewon was cut off by Hyewon.

“Give this to Minju alright? I think she’s feeling down at the moment.” Hyewon smiled sheepishly at the questioning looking of the other girl.

“Hyewon-ah, you know that she likes Yujin right?” Chaewon sighed as she gets the snacks from the older girl. Hearing the question, Hyewon just chuckled lightly shaking her head.

“Yeah, but I also know the feeling of unrequited love. So yeah, just give that to her okay?” Hyewon smiled slightly as she went on her way. Patting the should of Chaewon as a sign of gratitude.

“Hyewon, what are you planning?” Chaewon whispered to herself as she went to her next class with Minju.

Arriving at her dorm, Hyewon plopped down on their couch relaxing after the sprint she made to the store. Things you do for love. As she was about to doze off, she heard her phone chime signaling a text. Checking the sender, she smiled widely and immediately opened the message.

As if you look better than I am.

  • Minjuring

Laughing at the message she just hopes that she made her roommate’s day a little bit brighter.

Seems like you’re smiling. You’re welcome.

  • Kwangbae

Having no reply from her roommate, she looked at the time and thought that her class might be starting. She still has 2 hours to spare before Minju’s class would end, she thought of placing an order for delivery for lunch. As she finished placing the order, she estimated that the food will arrive right before Minju would arrive. She then decided to doze off at the couch as she waits for their order. Running is so exhausting.

Finishing her classes, Minju contemplated if she should buy some food at their cafeteria but seeing how crowded it is, she thought of just ordering some take out at their dorm. Her walk to their dorm was uneventful, mainly just thinking about how Yujin rejected her lunch, Minju shakes her head to get the thought out of her head. Stop it. You’re just hurting yourself.

Arriving at her dorm, she was welcomed by the fresh smell of chicken. This caused her stomach to grumble, and heard a laugh. There she saw her roommate leaning at the wall, smiling at her.

“Seems like you’re hungry.” Hyewon stated as she looked at the younger girl. Knowing that the older girl just heard her stomach, the latter blushed trying to hide her face. She then felt someone hugging her, only to see Hyewon wrapping her arms around her waist.

“H-hey, what gives?” Minju stuttered because of how affectionate her roommate was. Oh right, the deal.

“Saw you earlier with Yujin.” Hyewon whispered as she tightened her hug. Minju’s eyes widened as she heard what the latter said. Oh, that’s embarrassing.

“Yeah, and so? Going to laugh at me?” Minju retorted and tried to break free from the hug, but Hyewon was not budging. How the hell can she be this strong?

“If I were to laugh at you, I’d welcome you wearing a clown costume.” This caused Minju to laugh, because it is typical of her roommate to answer directly.

“I’m just being a great 20-day girlfriend and consoling you.” Hyewon pulled from the hug but still keeping Minju close to her as she looks at her eyes. This action made the younger girl smile and look straight to Hyewon’s eyes.

Seeing that Minju is looking at her, Hyewon smiled softly. Leaning closing to the younger girl, the latter thought that Hyewon was going to kiss her so she immediately closed her eyes. But she only felt something touching her forehead, and she saw her roommate close enough to let their foreheads touch.

This caused them to gaze into each other eyes, Minju looking confused at Hyewon’s antics, and the latter smiling softly at the younger girl.

“It’s okay to be sad in front of me, okay? No need to hide it, we’re still friends after all.”

“Wh- what do you mean? I’m not sad!”

“Yeah, whatever. Just so you know, I know exactly what you’re feeling, and it .” Hyewon said while gazing at the younger girl who was trying to avoid her eyes.

Being this close to Hyewon and discussing what happened to her earlier makes Minju shy and embarrassed. At the same time, it makes her feel warm and safe. Just as they are having a moment, they heard a grumbling sound which surprised both of them. Hyewon pulled away from Minju and laughed, which caused the younger girl to be embarrassed.

“Come on, seems like you’re really hungry. Your stomach is talking so loud!” Hyewon teased which caused her a smack coming from her roommate. She then pulled her roommate to their living room and made her sit at the couch, seeing that everything is already prepared at the table.

“Your sappy drama is coming up, perfect time for you to eat.” Hyewon winked at the younger girl as she gives her utensils. Minju just chuckled, and as she was about to get one chicken from the box, Hyewon grabbed her wrist.

“Wait a minute, you’re forgetting something.” Annoyed, Minju was so hungry at the moment by Hyewon's interruption and faced her roommate frowning.

“What do you – “

She was cut off by soft lips, surprised by Hyewon kissing her. As she instinctually closed her eyes, the older girl started to move her lips. Minju did not know that her roommate was a good kisser, heck she was a great kisser even. She never knew that Hyewon’s lips would be this soft, after that thought Hyewon suddenly pulled away from her grinning from ear to ear.

“Okay, that’s better. You may eat.” Hyewon waved her hand as a gesture for Minju to get some food. Shy from the sudden kiss, she slapped the older girl’s arm.

“I’m going to punch you if surprised me again.” She threatened, but it seems like it’s not effective since the older girl just laughed at her.

“Baby, where’s the fun in that?” Hyewon said as she eats some chicken and beamed at Minju like a child. This caused the younger girl to roll her eyes.

“Can’t believe you’re older than me.” Minju scoffed as she eats some of their take-out. Hyewon chuckled and both of their attention was grabbed by the drama starting. Seeing that Minju is already focused on the drama, Hyewon smiled to herself. Can’t believe I’m in love with you. But I wouldn’t have it another way.

“I want dessert.” Minju stated, 30 minutes after finishing their meal.

“Same.” Hyewon nodded at the younger girl while she forces herself to watch the cliché drama.  God, of course he’s going to kiss her. What the hell?

Watching the kissing scene unfold in front of them, Hyewon looked at the other girl sitting beside her. What if I –

“Don’t even think about it.” Minju glared, noticing the stare of her roommate at her.

“I’m not even thinking about anything!” Hyewon retorted trying to defend herself. God, this girl is scary!

“I know that look Kang Hyewon, don’t even try to deny it!”

Hyewon groaned as she turned, continuing the drama playing in front of them.

“Speaking of dessert, do you want to make some homemade ice cream?” The older girl suggested, getting bored of the drama playing.

“How can we even make that?” Minju questioned. Seriously, this girl is weird.

“Well my mom sent some stuff last time if ever I want to make some homemade ice cream.” Hyewon answered, suddenly walking to her room and emerging with a box. The younger girl just looked at the box not getting the point of it.

“It’s a portable ice cream maker, I think. It just needs some ice and just play with the ball for several minutes and it would freeze our homemade ice cream.” Hyewon summarized as she read the instruction written on the side of the box.

Hearing the explanation, Minju’s face brightened up. Seeing that the younger girl is getting excited, Hyewon decided to open the box at the kitchen, knowing Minju would follow her.

“I think we have some cut up fruits in the fridge and some milk, I think that would do.” Hyewon said, signaling Minju to get the needed ingredients.

Doing as instructed, the both of them started to play with the ice cream maker. Shaking and kicking it around their dorm. After 20 or 30 minutes, they opened the lid to see if it was successful. As expected, they have an ice cream ready for them to eat.

“Woah, please say thanks to your mom for this awesome gift!” Minju exclaimed as she went to go get some spoons for the both of them.

“This seriously exceeded my expectations, to be honest.” Hyewon chuckled as she drooled over the ice cream. Getting the spoon from Minju, she immediately tasted the ice cream they made.

“Wow, it’s pretty decent! Tastes amazing even though it’s just fruits and milk!”

“Well of course, you made it with me!” Minju answered and went to taste their creation. She can’t help herself but to release a quiet moan because she is heavily craving for sweet after eating that much chicken earlier. Hearing Minju, Hyewon could only gulp out of nervousness with the younger girl’s moan. Calm yourself down!

Out of nervousness, Hyewon started to devour the ice cream trying to forget the images and sound she witnessed earlier.

“HEY! Stop that, I only had one spoon of it!”

“ to be you!” Hyewon answered but stopped herself as she felt a brain freeze is coming. Seeing that she almost finished the ice cream, Minju grabbed the ice cream trying to get the remnants that her roommate left inside.

“I haven’t satisfied my cravings yet, you imbecile!” The younger girl exclaimed as she scraped off the remaining ice cream from the ball. Hearing this, Hyewon looked at the younger girl in front of her frowning while getting all the remaining ice cream.

“Well, I can still give you some” She mumbled and stood up. Minju glared at her, obviously mad with what she did. But the older girl just grinned innocently at the latter.

“And how would that be? The ice cream is completely gone because of you!” Minju said, but as she notices that Hyewon continuously walks towards her, she backed off until she felt a wall stopping her.

“What are you doing?” Minju scoffed, trying to brush off the nervousness bubbling inside her seeing the look of her roommate.

“Satisfying your cravings.” Hyewon smiled, as if it was the most normal thing to do. Seeing that her roommate is not stopping any further, Minju closed her eyes knowing what her roommate would do.

Seeing this, Hyewon smirked leaning closed to the younger girl, the both of them could feel each other’s breath. But Minju feeling like Hyewon would not move any further opened her eyes, and stared back straight into the black orbs of her roommate.

Just a breath away, and their lips would touch.

“What, why won’t you move?”

“I might surprise you” Hyewon whispered as she gazed into the younger’s eyes, then continued.

“Can I kiss you now?”

Minju could only nod at the question and then, she felt a pair of lips on her own. She immediately felt familiar with the older girl’s lips, despite kissing for just the third time. She was thankful for the wall as support because she felt her knees buckling with how their kiss is going. Feeling the hold from the ice cream maker loosening, Hyewon grabbed it with her right hand to put on the counter top, as she holds the younger girl’s nape with her left hand.

Knowing her limitations, she contemplated if she could deepen their kiss. But thinking that the ice cream flavor would be wasted, she decided to trace the younger girl’s lips with her tongue. It’s not like I’m really going at it.

Minju could only wrap her arms around the older girl’s neck, which made Hyewon smile into their kiss. But because of natural phenomenon, they pulled away from each other because of the need of oxygen. Panting from the lack of it, Hyewon looked at the other girl. Seeing that her cheeks getting red because of blushing or oxygen? We would never know, Hyewon stepped back to give her some space to breathe.

“Now isn’t it much satisfying?” She joked and pinched the other girl’s cheeks who was still trying to catch her breath. She then proceeded clean up their mess at the kitchen, until she heard Minju talked.

“That’s your third kiss, and you’re only at the 2nd day of this deal. Why are you wasting it?”

Hyewon stopped for a second, it would not be noticeable but Minju knows the older girl too much that she knows she hit a bullseye with her question. The older girl proceeded with her task, approaching the sink and turning on the faucet for a second. She then turned around to face the other girl, who was obviously waiting for a reply.

The older girl could only smile at the younger girl and approach her. Seeing her roommate approaching her, Minju held her breath thinking she would be kissed again. Noticing how the younger girl inhaled, Hyewon smiled sadly at herself. She still continues to approach Minju who already closed her eyes and is not moving from her spot.

“Because, I still have 17 kisses left and…” Hyewon started to answer and once closed enough to the other girl leaving them only an inch of space. She whispered.

“Those kisses would all be worth it because it’s with you.”

Feeling something at her lips, Minju opened her eyes to see Hyewon using her thumb to wipe her lips. She looked at the older girl, smiling at her softly. With the gaze that she always sees, full of love and admiration. I’m sorry I couldn’t look at you like that.

As if hearing her thoughts, Hyewon stepped back showing her thumb with some ice cream to her roommate. She grinned then her thumb to clean the ice cream off it, which made Minju blush. Hyewon chuckled at the reaction, and turned to their sink to continue her task. Thinking that the conversation is finished, Minju was about to go when Hyewon talked again.

“Don’t ever think I’m wasting my time with you with our deal, because seriously, I wouldn’t dare to remember anything else other than what we have right now.” Hyewon said before turning on the faucet to wash all the dishes, hearing that, Minju nodded as if her roommate can see her. She then hurriedly goes to the bathroom to clean herself up. Looking at the mirror, she saw how messed up she looked like and how swollen her lips are. Trying to calm her breathing, she washed her face feeling hot all of a sudden. What the hell is happening to you Kim Minju?!

Because she might have not noticed it, but her heart skipped a beat with what Hyewon said. Because who would have known, that both of them thought that no kiss would be sweeter than what they just had.