DAY 13 | 13/20 KISSES

A Deal of 20

The following day, Hyewon and Minju had their breakfast at their dorm. Being lazy, both of them just settled with a bowl of cereals each. As they were eating, Hyewon noticed how Minju looks tired and stressed despite the day just barely started.

“Any problem?”

Minju looked up to her roommate who was already looking at her. She became aware that she was spacing out earlier.

“Nothing, just exams and all that.” Minju answered and smiled slightly. She then continued eating her cereals. The older girl continued to look at Minju worriedly.

“What subject is it?”

“Just some statistics .” Minju replied. Hyewon looked at the younger girl who was obviously trying to hide her stress, and sighed.

“Minju-ah, don’t worry about that.” Hyewon started. “I think, no. I know you’d do well on your test.” Hyewon smiled at the younger girl who was only looking at her.

“You think so?” Minju asked quietly, making Hyewon scoff.

“I know so.” Hyewon grinned at the younger girl. “I never met someone as hardworking as you, so I know you’d ace that test.”

Somehow, Minju felt some weight was pulled off from her shoulders. Hearing the older girl’s words made her feel motivated and light. She knows that Hyewon is not good at expressing herself, but hearing those words coming out from the latter just to make her feel better is enough. Hyewon may not know it, but Minju sees her as her pillar. Because in the darkest of times, the older girl is always there for her like a light – to give her hope and encouragement.

“Thank you.” Minju smiled softly at her roommate who can only blush and went back to eating. The younger girl chuckled at her roommate’s sudden shyness.

It was already 9 AM when they finished their simple breakfast, and Hyewon has a class in an hour. The older girl started preparing while Minju sat on the couch reading some of her notes. Hyewon went inside her room to change her clothes and took something from her table. She went straight to her roommate who was focused on reviewing, making her cough to get her attention.

“Hey.” Hyewon said and pulled the notebook away from Minju. She smiled at the younger girl who was looking at her curiously.

Hyewon then slowly leaned to the younger girl making the latter closed her eyes. She chuckled to herself and gave Minju a kissed. On the forehead.

Minju opened her eyes to see that Hyewon is still looking at her with her soft eyes.

“Goodluck.” Hyewon said and gave back Minju’s notebook but not without handing her something new. Minju’s favorite apple juice. This made Minju smile widely at the older girl, who only returned the smile back.

Hyewon leaned away to look at the time, she then walked to get her bag. Minju was still looking at the older girl with a small smile on her face.

“Hey.” Minju called making Hyewon look at her. the latter only tilt her head in confusion.

“Thank you.”

Hyewon chuckled at her roommate’s words and shook her head as if saying it was nothing.

“Make me proud, Princess.” Hyewon smiled widely and went to get her shoes.

Minju started to study again not without hearing Hyewon’s muffled shout as she went out of the room.

“Don’t stress too much! I love you!”

Hyewon finished her class past 11, and was busy scrolling through her phone since then. She noticed the time was already 12:30, which would mean that Minju’s class already ended as well. She then looked up and as if fate is playing, she saw the younger girl walking mindlessly along the hallway. Did she flunk the test?

Minju was tired from the test and was spacing out as she walks along the hallway, remembering that she needs to finish some paper, she decided to just eat late lunch later after she finishes it. Because of all the thoughts running inside her head, she did not notice a figure approaching her from behind.

“Why looking sad?” Someone whispered which made Minju shriek out of surprise. She then ly to see her roommate trying to hold in her laughter. This made Minju smack her roommate who could only laugh out loud.

“Where are you going?” Hyewon asked when Minju started to walk ahead of her. The older girl followed Minju until she was walking beside her.

“Library.” Minju simply answered.

“Won’t you have lunch?”

“I have this paper that I need to pass by tomorrow.” Minju sighed, remembering the paper. “I’ll just have late lunch after this paper.”

Hyewon nodded and continued walking with Minju going to the library. The latter looked at the older girl beside her who was busy scrolling on her phone.

“How about you?” Hyewon looked at Minju and hummed.

“What about me?”

“Won’t you have lunch?”

“I’d rather accompany you to the library.” Hyewon smiled and continued to scroll as they walk together.

“No. I know how you love your food Hyewon-ah.” Minju protested and stopped walking. Noticing that no one is walking with her, Hyewon looked back to see the younger girl staring at her. she just chuckled and jogged back to the latter.

“It’s fine. I’m not that hungry.”

“But you just had cereals!” Minju exclaimed as if proving a point. Hyewon looked around and smiled apologetically at some students who were passing by. She looked Minju who seems like frustrated with the situation. Seriously, what’s her problem?

“And you as well.” Hyewon simply stated. Minju can only rubbed her face out of frustration. The older one can only chuckle and wrap her arms around Minju and pulled the younger girl with her.

“I love you more than food anyways.” Hyewon joked. “And that should say something.”

“Seriously, I can’t with you.” Minju mumbled and shrugged Hyewon’s arm off of her and continued walking. Not noticing the small smile forming on her face as Hyewon tries to joke with her.

They’re both on Hyewon’s usual spot on the library for half an hour already. Turning of pages were heard from Minju’s side of the table as Hyewon is busy watching anime on her phone. She knows when to bother and not to bother her roommate, and this time she knows it’s the latter. Minju is focused on her paper that the moment they sat down the younger girl pulled out her notes and laptop to start.

Hence, Hyewon is there simply watching anime while Minju is being stressed out. Looking at the younger girl who was still busy with typing, Hyewon switched to play some games on her phone. Trying her best not to bother the studious girl in front of her. , I’m so bored.

Another 25 minutes went by and the two of them are still in the library. Hyewon already played 3 rounds on her phone and is slowly getting annoyed at her teammates. Why are they so stupid?!?

She then felt someone moving to see that the younger girl stood up. She closed her phone and looked at Minju looking around.

“Why?”

“I’m just going to look for a book.”

“Need help?”

“No, it’s alright.” Then Minju walked away, as she slowly looked the sections of the shelves. Hyewon nodded her head and looked at her phone to see what she can do about her boredom.

It’s been 5 minutes and Minju hasn’t come back yet. Not containing it any longer, Hyewon stood up hoping to look for her roommate. She went through all the shelves on the floor they’re currently at. But to no avail, Minju was not there.

Looking at the stairs, she sighed feeling lazy to go up but still went on. Seriously, what book is she looking for?

Walking around the second floor of the library, she noticed how abandoned it is with little to no students are there. Only 3 students are there but 2 of them are sleeping while the other one is dozing off. Hyewon then looked around to find her roommate, as she walked at the last shelf from at the corner, there she saw Minju busy reading the book she is holding.

“Seriously, you found your book at the creepiest location?” Hyewon asked, surprising the younger girl.

“Sorry, I got busy reading it.” Minju smiled sheepishly.

“I can see that.” Hyewon then looked around to see that most books are about philosophy. My brain is hurting just looking at these books. She then looked at Minju who was still busy reading. An idea popped out from her mind that made her smirk.

She knows she would die from her roommate’s wrath but to hell with it. Hyewon’s bored and she’s going to die of boredom if she does not do anything about it.

“Minju-ah.” She called the younger girl.

“Hmm, yeah?” Minju answered not looking at Hyewon.

“We’re in a library.”

“Obviously.”

“The place is not crowded don’t you think?”

“It’s lunch time or they have classes.”

“And we’re at a secluded section.”

Not getting Hyewon’s point, Minju looked up only to see the older girl near her who is currently sporting a smirk.

“W-what are you saying?” Hyewon smiled at the stutter.

“Just thinking about your dramas.”

“What about it?” Minju questioned as she slowly walked backwards seeing that the older girl is still walking towards her.

“How cliché and cringey they are.”

“And your point, exactly?” Hyewon smiled and saw that Minju is already leaning at the wall behind her. She stepped forward leaving only 2 steps between them.

“Isn’t this the part where the two characters kiss?” Hyewon simply whispered, looking at Minju straight to the eye. Not believing what she heard, Minju looked around scanning if anyone is near them.

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Minju whispered harshly.

Hyewon smiled innocently and stepped forward. “Walking towards you.” Minju can only gulp, seeing how the older girl is changing her gaze to her eyes from her lips.

“Leaning to you.” Hyewon continued, but was stopped by Minju holding her shoulders.

“Seriously stop! I’m going to smack you with this book.” Minju whispered holding her left arm up with the book she was reading earlier.

Hyewon shrugged her shoulders and held Minju’s arm ignoring her warning. She continued to lean until there was only little to no distance between their faces. Both of them are staring intently into each other’s eyes. Hyewon opened to whisper.

“Then kissing you.” Hearing Hyewon’s word, Minju instinctively closed her eyes feeling the older girl’s lips pressed on her own. She did not know why if it’s out of nervousness or adrenaline, but she could not help but to move her lips along with Hyewon’s.

Hyewon is still holding Minju’s left arm when she took the book from the younger girl’s hand. Not breaking their kiss, she pressed Minju into the wall, as if there was still space between them. Minju could not help but wrap her arms around the older girl’s neck and pulled the latter closer, forgetting that she was supposed to stop Hyewon. This made the older girl smile into their kiss.

They did not know how long they were kissing, almost forgetting that they were still inside the library, when they suddenly heard a loud scrape making the older girl pull away and turn around. Looking around, she saw no one was around them, she turned to look at the younger girl looking at her. She cannot comprehend how Minju is looking at her assuming that the younger girl is angry. Oh , she’s mad. I’m going to die.

Trying to play it cool, Hyewon smiled at Minju who was still panting from the lack of oxygen.

“Your dramas ain’t that bad Minju-ah.” Hyewon smirked, Minju then slapped her arm making her groan silently.

“That’s for doing stupid things!” Minju was about to slap Hyewon again when the latter held her arm and pulled her closer, surprising her. Hyewon then cupped her cheeks making her look at straight into Hyewon’s eyes.

“This is for slapping me.” Hyewon whispered, and started leaning again. Alarmed, Minju closed her eyes tightly when she felt someone pecked her cheeks and a book push on to her chest. Hyewon then stepped away as the younger girl opened her eyes. Hyewon grinned at the younger girl who was obviously flustered.

Tapping Minju’s blushing cheeks Hyewon smiled widely. “Study hard, Princess.” And walked away.

Minju gulped and groaned to herself. Looking behind her, she saw the wall she was previously pressed on to and blushed madly remembering what just happened earlier. Walking away quickly, Minju saw Hyewon already sitting at their spot busy playing with her phone. God, the nerve of this weirdo!

But as she walked, she noticed how her heart is beating so fast, touching her chest she gulped and shook her head. That’s because we’re in a library and someone might saw us. Yeah.

It was 3 PM when Minju finished her paper. Hitting save on her laptop, she smiled, feeling satisfied on her productivity. Closing her laptop, she looked at the girl in front of her who was sleeping for the past 45 minutes. She felt guilty that Hyewon stayed with her all throughout despite being hungry.

“I’ll just wait for you to finish.” Hyewon said without looking at Minju.

“But I know you’re hungry. Seriously just leave me here and eat.”

“No, I’m not.” Hyewon rolled her eyes. “Now shush now and continue your paper. I’m busy watching.”

Making the younger girl shut up and look at her guiltily. Minju sighed and continued her paper, doing it as fast as possible so they could eat already.

God, she must be really hungry now. Minju thought guiltily and put her things inside her bag. She walked over Hyewon’s side of the table and tapped the older girl softly, hoping the latter to wake up.

“Hyewon-ah, I’m finished.” Minju whispered. “We can go eat now.”

The sleeping girl only mumbled incoherently and turned her face to Minju’s side, still sleeping. This made the younger girl giggle and watch the older girl quietly.

“Hey, wake up or I’m going to leave you.” Minju said and tapped Hyewon’s cheek from the last time but she felt a grip on her wrist as she stood up.

“Don’t leave.” Hyewon muttered. “Minju-ah.”

Minju walked to Hyewon who seems to be sleep talking and smiled softly, brushing the falling strands from the older girl’s face.

“Wake up now then.”

Just like earlier, there was a loud scrape of chair that echoed in the library, causing for Hyewon to jolt in her sleep. She then looked around for the sound of the noise, and felt like she was holding someone. She turned to her left to see Minju looking at her. Releasing her hold, she saw that Minju’s table already cleaned up.

“Finished?” Hyewon asked.

Minju nodded at the question. “Yeah, I was waking you up for the past minutes.”

“, sorry. I was just exhausted.” Hyewon said apologetically. Minju smiled at the latter and shook her head.

“That’s alright, you accompanied me here.” Causing the older girl to smile back at Minju.

“So late lunch?” Hyewon asked excitedly, and Minju laughed.

“Of course! I’m famished!” Minju said and walked to her things, grabbing the books that she used and her bag. Hyewon then went to get her own bag and walked beside the younger girl. Grabbing the books from Minju, she walked faster.

“I’ll put this back, don’t worry. You can wait for me outside.” Without waiting for a reply, Hyewon walked quickly to the shelves where the book is properly located. Minju smiled at the gesture and waited for Hyewon outside of the library.

“Okay, so this book should be here.” Hyewon was looking around the sections and at the book to quickly put them in their rightful places. She’s already down with the last book. Walking on the last shelf, Hyewon slid the book beside the other books and went out.

Walking down the stairs someone called her name to grab her attention.

“Hyewon!” Turning around she saw Jaehyun approaching her. She knows that the boy is her classmate on one of her classes, and she panicked thinking that there’s a required work needed to be passed.

“Oh, hey Jaehyun.” Hyewon greeted, smiling awkwardly. “Why? Is there a homework?” She asked.

Jaehyun shook his head and smiled, rubbing the back of his neck. Hyewon looked at the boy weirdly, when Jaehyun coughed.

“No, actually I wanted to ask you something.” Jaehyun looked at her shyly. Hyewon raised her eyebrows, and turned around to see if Minju is still there. But she cannot see the view of the entrance in her position.

“Yeah what is it?” Hyewon asked looking at her watch.

“Yeah, uhm.” Jaehyun paused and took a deep breath. “Do you want to have dinner with me?”

Surprised at the question, Hyewon looked at the guy in front of her who was still looking at her shyly and blushing.

“Uhh – “ Hyewon cannot utter any word because first, she doesn’t even know the guy properly, and second she hates being asked this question. This is the main reason why she keeps to herself; she does not want any attention to avoid socializing to other people.

Jaehyun was waiting for her answer and looking expectantly at her. Hyewon averted her gaze, hoping someone would help her out of the situation.

“Uh – no?” Hyewon answered (questioned?), feeling awkward. Jaehyun was disappointed but still insisted the younger girl.

“How about lunch? Tomorrow?” Jaehyun smiled again hoping for a positive answer. Hyewon sighed as she does not know what to do.

“Sorry – “ She was cut off by Jaehyun.

“I know this café; they sell these delicious pastries.” Jaehyun exclaimed not waiting for Hyewon to answer.

“Jaehyu – “ Hyewon tried to explain but was cut off again.

“We can go there after your cla – “

“I think she said no.” Someone said from behind. Turning around Hyewon saw Minju looking at them, obviously annoyed at the situation. Staring coldly at the guy in front of Hyewon, Minju walked closer to her roommate.

“She won’t be having dinner with you because she’d be eating with me.” Minju coldly stated, still staring coldly at Jaehyun.

“Oh, then how about lu – “

“She won’t be able cause she’s going to have lunch with me.” Minju cut him off. Wrapping her arms around Hyewon’s shoulder who was just silent, she pulled the girl from the guy in front of them.

“Now if you’ll excuse us, we have somewhere to go to.” Pulling the older girl away, Minju looked back and glared at the guy still looking at them, clearly disappointed.

Minju was waiting for the older girl to come out of the library for 10 minutes already. She was getting hungry as time passes by, and she could not help but be annoyed by her roommate who was taking too much time.

Entering the library to look for her roommate, she was surprised to see Hyewon talking to a guy. She observed them from a distance, and she noticed how her roommate keeps looking around. The guy keeps talking, but Hyewon seems anxious and getting tired as time pass by.

Walking closely to the two, she heard that the guy is asking Hyewon for dinner. But the older girl rejected, Minju then heard how the guy insisted to have lunch tomorrow. Minju was waiting for Hyewon to reply but the guy keeps cutting her off. Seriously, can’t he read that Hyewon doesn’t want to?

Annoyed she interrupted their conversation to hopefully put the guy in his rightful place. Which seems to be success because she saw how the face of the guy fell when she replied to him. Now pulling Hyewon away, the both of them walked out of the library.

“Wow, that guy is pretty persistent.” Minju exclaimed. “Can’t he see that you don’t want to?” She continued and glared at the entrance of the library. She then averted her look to see her roommate who was still quiet.

“Hey, you alright?”

Hearing the question, Hyewon shook her head to look at the younger girl beside her.

“Yeah, yeah. Just tired.” She mumbled.

“You sure?” Minju asked worriedly. Hyewon smiled at the younger girl and nodded her head.

“Just hungry. Let’s go.” Hyewon walked ahead of Minju who only followed her, walking beside her. Minju was still looking at the older girl who was busy scrolling through her phone, looking for any places to eat.

“So where do you want to eat?” Hyewon asked, still looking at her phone. Hearing no answer, she looked at Minju.

“Come on, my treat.” Hyewon smiled widely at Minju.

“I’m craving meat.”

“Then meat it is.”

As they were walking, Minju felt someone holding her hand, only to see Hyewon intertwining their fingers. She looked at the older girl who was looking forward, but the blush could not be mistaken.

“Thanks.” Hyewon muttered. “For earlier.”

Minju smiled and tugged Hyewon closer.

“Holding hands is not enough payment Kwangbae.” Minju joked. Hyewon looked at the younger girl who was grinning at her. She then smirked at Minju.

“Don’t worry, you’ll have your kiss later.” Hyewon teased, making the younger girl blush and smacking her.

“That’s not what I mean!” Hyewon just laughed and pulled Minju to walk faster, because to be honest, she was really hungry by that time.

After their lunch out, Minju and Hyewon decided to buy some ramen on their way to their dorm. Still full from their lunch, they decided to just cook some instant noodled for dinner later. Arriving at their dorm, Hyewon went straight to the kitchen to put down the bought foods while Minju immediately flopped down on the couch and turned the television on.

Hearing the familiar sounds coming from the television, Hyewon could only roll her eyes. She went to the living room to sit with Minju at the living room. Not bothering to watch the cringey drama, she pulled her phone out to scroll.

“Hey, you have any shift today?” Minju asked out of the blue.

“No, don’t have one.” Hyewon answered, not looking up from her phone. “How about you?”

“Same.”

“Have classes tomorrow?” Hyewon asked and looked at the younger girl who shook her head.

“Good.” Hyewon grinned and continued to scroll through her phone. Hearing the vague answer Minju suddenly became curious.

“Why?” Hyewon shrugged at the question, ignoring Minju. The younger girl kicked the older girl to get the answer out of her.

“Why did you ask?” Minju questioned.

“Just don’t make plans for tomorrow.” Hyewon answered and smiled at Minju, again looking through her phone.

“Whatever.” Minju muttered and continued to watch her drama, while Hyewon on the couch playing with her phone.

They lounged for about 2 hours when they decided to cook the instant noodles they bought earlier. Minju volunteered to cook it as Hyewon muttered her thanks still busy with her phone. Looking curiously at the older girl, Minju tried to peek at Hyewon’s phone.

“What are you so busy about?”

Hyewon pushed Minju’s head away from her and covered her phone.

“None of your business.” Hyewon answered. “Do our dinner.”

Minju annoyed by Hyewon, pushed the older girl causing the latter to laugh. Minju decided to start cooking the ramen, not before hearing Hyewon request.

“Please add some eggs and cheese on mine! Thank you!”

After cooking the ramen, Minju called Hyewon to eat, who was excited as she sat down. This caused Minju to chuckle.

“Hungry?”

“Who wouldn’t be?”

“We just ate earlier.” Minju raised her eyebrow, as she went to get some ramen from the pot. Hyewon was already busy eating her share.

“As if that would stop me.”

Minju smiled and nodded to herself. “Point taken.”

“Now, that’s amazing.” Hyewon breathe out, finishing her ramen.

“It’s just ramen.”

Hyewon scoffed and teased the younger girl. “That was cooked by Kim Minju~” Which earned her a kick from under the table.

“Shut up.”

After eating their ramen, Hyewon volunteered to clean the dishes. Minju gladly accepted the offer smiling at the older girl.

“Go and wash up.” Hyewon said as she stood up, getting all the dishes. “I’ll wash these.”

“Thank you.” Minju grinned, that was instantly returned by Hyewon.

“Wash up, you look like .” Hyewon barely avoided the incoming slap from the younger girl.

Entering the bathroom, Minju looked at herself from the mirror. Noticing that she indeed looks exhausted, she decided to take a short shower to feel refreshed. After staying outside the all day, Minju could not help but to feel sweaty.

After 15 minutes, Minju finished her shower and went out of the bathroom still wearing her previous clothes. She’d just change inside her room, when she was surprised by Hyewon waiting for her outside, with her eyebrows raised.

“Feel good?” Hyewon asked.

“Yeah, I really looked like .”

“Yeah, I could see that.” Hyewon said making way for Minju. “I’ve been waiting here for the past 10 minutes.”

The younger girl could only look sheepishly at the older girl. “Sorry, got carried away.”

As Minju was about to walk to her room, Hyewon pulled her back and turned her to face the older girl. Surprised, Minju held Hyewon’s should to gain her balance.

“Hey! What giv – “

A soft kiss was given to Minju on the lips. She saw Hyewon pulling away and opening her eyes, smiling softly at her.

“Thank you kiss.” Hyewon whispered to the still silent girl. “From earlier.” She removed her hold to the younger girl and went inside the bathroom, but not before closing the door.

“Goodnight, love you Minju-ah.” She said softly, and closed the bathroom’s door, locking it with a click. This made Minju gain herself and looked at the now closed bathroom. Touching her lips, she quickly ran into her room closing it with a loud thud.

She leaned on her door, touching her chest where her heart is located. She was surprised how her heart is quickly beating so hard, and how she is sporting a blush at the moment. What the is wrong with me?