DAY 6&8 | 7/20 KISSES

A Deal of 20

It was already 3 AM when Hyewon finished her shift, wiping the tables and stacking up the chair, she immediately went to the staff to change. Getting her things from the staff room, she hurriedly went to the kitchen to get the leftover pastries that was reserved for her. Thank you Eunbi-unnie!

After securely locking the café, she started her walk to their dorm. Checking her phone for any messages, she saw that she has 7 new messages.

99-BaNgERz and a dweeb

hYEYna: Game nyt tom?

hYEYna: haven’t played w u guys a.k.a me winning as always

cheyWOWN: you left the last time when you were losing

hYEYna: i told u it was my connection!

KwangBAEE: text me d deets. Just finished my shift

Chuckling at her friends, she looked at the other sender. Furrowing her eyebrows, seeing that it was from her roommate, she immediately opened the message.

What time will you finish?

    • Minjuring

It’s already late, still not finished?

    • Minjuring

Smiling to herself, she quickly typed her reply. After hitting send, Hyewon felt a surge of energy come into her. She quickly walked home, hoping people won’t be weirded out with the huge grin on her face.

Miss me that much?

    • Kwangbae

Arriving at their dorm, she quietly slipped off her shoes hoping not to make too much noise. Knowing that the younger girl would most likely be sleeping already. Successfully not making any noise, she walked to their living room only to see a figure laying down at the couch. Walking near the person, she saw Minju sleeping peacefully. Told you to don’t wait up for me.

Looking at the girl, she giggled to herself to hear light snores coming from her roommate. Putting her bag down and walking to the kitchen to fix the pastries, she walked over to the sleeping girl again. She started tapping the girl, hoping that she would wake up.

“Minju-ah, wake up.”

Feeling someone waking her up, Minju slowly opened her eyes only to see her roommate crouching down at her level, smiling. Looking at the time she saw that it was already 3:30 AM, she pushed herself up from the couch in to a sitting position.

“Let’s put you in your room. The couch would be uncomfortable.” Hyewon said, looking at the now sitting girl. Minju just nodded her head, but did not move an inch. The older girl can only shake her head at the younger girl who was slowly going into dreamland again. She must be really tired.

“Do you want me to carry you?” Hyewon jokingly suggested, but was surprised that Minu nodded her head putting her arms up as a sign. The older girl can only blush at the sight and started to look around, seeing that the younger girl is not herself, the former contemplated if she should carry Minju.

Seeing that her roommate won’t walk to her room, Hyewon can only sigh. She stood up from her position and walked over the younger girl. She then carried the younger girl bridal style, as if it was the most normal thing to do, Minju put her head into the crook of Hyewon’s neck. This action made Hyewon blush almost loosening her grip at the younger girl. What the hell? Is she really asleep?

Walking slowly to Minju’s room, she opened the latter’s door. She then walked over the younger girl’s bed and laid her down. Tucking Minju safely on her bed, she stared at the younger girl’s sleeping face. Tracing her soft delicate features with her eyes, Hyewon can’t help but to smile.

“Minju-ah, what are you doing to me?” Hyewon whispered, as if talking to the younger girl who is sleeping soundly. Minju then turned herself facing Hyewon and continued to sleep, making the older girl chuckle quietly. I will never regret falling in love with you.

Hyewon then stood up quietly and walked out of the room, going straight to her own being too tired from her shift. She did not see how the younger girl’s eyes slowly fluttered open and followed her movements. She did not see how Minju looked at her worriedly. I’m sorry Hyewon-ah.

Waking up from her slumber, Hyewon checked her phone only to see that it was already 2 in the afternoon. She stretched herself on her bed, and stared at the ceiling. Getting her wirings straight since she’s still tired and dazed. I don’t want to stand up.

Deciding that she sleep again, she faced her wall trying, hoping to get another hour of peacefulness when she heard a ruckus outside her room. She then groaned to herself because who would dare interrupt her peaceful day? Standing up grumpily she went out of her room not bothering to fix herself. Not looking around who caused the noise, she walked outside her room completely.

“Hey! Minju, keep it down will you! I’m sleeping here!” The older girl shouted hoping that her roommate will get the message. But as she slowly opened her eyes to see what the ruckus is about; she was surprised to see two of her friends glaring at her.

“HEY! KANG HYEWON! WHY ARE YOU STILL SLEEPING?!” An angry duck shouted at her, followed by another person.

“WE WERE WAITING FOR YOU FOR 2 HOURS!” Chaewon angrily said, following Yena who was walking already to Hyewon. The latter ran into her room and indeed there were messages on her phone about their scheduled game.

99-BaNgERz and a dweeb

KwangBAEE: text me d deets. Just finished my shift

hYEYna: let’s have lunch at d pc bang near univ

hYEYna: 12 okey? See u der dweebs

cheyWOWN: noted dweeb.

hYEYna: alredi here, wer u guys at?

cheyWOWN: almost there.

cheyWOWN: hyewon, where are you? We’re already here near the entrance.

hYEYna: HEY KWANGBAE! WER R U?! WE’VE BEEN WAITING HERE FOR ALMOST AN HOUR!

hYEYna: KANG HYEWON?!

hYEYna: WTF? DID U DITCH US?

hYEYna: HOLY UR DED MEAT

The older girl can only gulp as she read the messages of her two friends. Sleepiness be damned, she’s going to die because of it. Feeling glares behind her, she turned around only to see two of her friends with a worried Minju following them.

“Sorry I told them you were still asleep, but they insisted to come in.” Minju worriedly said looking at Yena and Chaewon. Hyewon can only nod and smile awkwardly at the three.

“Guys, let’s talk this out okay? I was really ti – “

“Pay up. Lunch.” Yena said seriously and crossed her arms.

“For the both of us.” Chaewon added still staring at the older girl. Hyewon was about to protest when she saw how Chaewon raised her eyebrows. Chaewonnie is mad, this is serious. Pick your battles Hyewon.

“Okay, okay. Let me just fix myself.” Hyewon sighed, hearing the answer the two tackled the latter and hugged her.

“Yes! Free lunch courtesy of our Kwnagbae!” Yena exclaimed, which made the older girl groan.

Walking out of her room, she looked at her roommate worriedly looking at her. She grinned at the younger girl signaling that she’s alright.

“You guys going out?” Minju asked the three girls. Hyewon nodded as she proceeded to the bathroom to freshen herself, leaving two of her friends at the living room to wait for her. Minju then looked at Yena and Chaewon who were already looking at her.

“Want to join us?” Chaewon asked her best friend.

“You know that I’m not good with games, right?” Minju laughed at the suggestion as she sat down on the couch.

“Well, Kwangbae can always teach you, she’s really good.” Chaewon answered.

“Yeah, and if it’s you she’d be really patient. God knows how annoyed she was when she was teaching Chaewon here.” Yena butted in, teasing the other girl which earned her a smack. Chuckling at the two, Minju thought about the suggestion. Since she does not have any classes for that day, she contemplated if she could join the three. Would it be alright?

“I don’t want to be a burden.” Minju said, which made the two other girls look at her.

“You? A burden? Oh, please.” Yena answered with a laugh. “As if Kwangbae sees you as one.”

“Come on Minju-ah, it’d be fun. You won’t feel left out.” Chaewon insisted.

“Who won’t feel left out?” Hyewon questioned as she went out of the bathroom finishing her rituals. She looked at the three girls sitting at the couch.

“Mnju said she would join us.” Yena answered, not caring even if Minju did not agree yet. The latter was about to protest when she saw Hyewon smiled widely.

“Yeah! That would be great, I’m going to change now. Give me 5 minutes!” Hyewon answered excitedly and ran into her room. Chaewon and Yena smirked with their friend’s reaction.

“Told you, you won’t be a burden.” Yena teased.

“Minju! What the – “

“Go to your left!”

“Faster!”

“Where are you guys?!”

“Look at the map!”

“Minju we’re dying!”

“Minju don’t throw that!”

“Throw wha – “

“HEY! KIM MINJU! WHY DID YOU KILL US ALL?!”

Yena shouted as she ripped her headphones away looking at her side, only to see a surprised Minju staring at her computer. Exasperated, Yena can only groan and put her head down with a thud on her table.

“Hey, sorry. I did not know what I was doing..” Minju guiltily said as she looked at Yena’s sulking figure. Chaewon who was situated in front of the two looked over to see Minju looking guilty.

“Hey, Choi Yena, just forget it. You know that Minju’s not used to playing.” Chaewon reasoned out, trying to help her best friend out. She then looked at her right, asking Hyewon for help. Feeling that she needs to do something, the older girl called Yena to get her attention.

“Hey Yena, let’s change seats. I’ll teach Minju and you play with Chaewon first.”

Hearing the suggestion, Yena became energized and immediately stood up to walk over Hyewon. The latter then sat beside her roommate who was still looking guilty. This made Hyewon laugh and patted the younger girl’s shoulder.

“Don’t worry about her, she’s just over reacting.” Hyewon tried to console the younger girl.

“Let’s start with an easy game, alright? I’ll teach you.” She added.

This made the younger girl smile and look at her roommate who was grinning widely at her. Seeing that she made Minju smile, Hyewon pinched the latter’s cheeks.

“Hey you two, stop flirting! Practice over there so we can play again!” Yena teased, this caused the moment to be interrupted.

“Shut up! We’re going to crush you after I teach Minju!” Hyewon retorted back. Looking back at the younger girl beside her, she slid her chair closer to the younger. Looking at her screen display, she setup the girl’s game in order for her to properly teach her.

Minju not processing what Hyewon was doing just looked at her screen. Lost in her thoughts on how she could get the hang of it, she was interrupted by Hyewon.

“Minju-ah, I’ll teach you the basic strategy and we can go from there alright?” Hyewon smiled softly at the younger girl.

“I don’t really know if I could get the hang of it.” Minju muttered looking down.

“Come on, don’t sulk. Let’s crush them after this alright? I got you!” Hyewon encouraged which seems effective since it made Minju smile and nodded her head with a new feeling of determination.

That’s how Hyewon spent her 30 minutes, trying teach Minju some basic strategies that could help her. Knowing how her roommate is slow with this kind of games, she made sure to simplify her words for better understanding. This made the younger girl appreciate her roommate’s patience with her, and she’s grateful that Hyewon was a great teacher because, what the hell? She can understand how the game works now. She continued to nod along at what Hyewon was instructing and showing her in the screen.

“So, if you clicked this, you’ll see the outer part and know if there are any enemies near you.”

“You need to be fast but I got your back so don’t worry about that, but still be fast okay?” Hyewon said nudging the girl beside her, Minju then met Hyewon’s expectant gaze and nodded at the question.

“Great! So, for offensive attacks these are the most effective ones but can still be basic, so you just have to..” Hyewon started to explain some attacks that Minju can use without any complications. She did not notice how the younger girl’s stare at remained at her. How can this girl be patient and annoying at the same time?

Curious as to what is happening at the other side, Yena peeked if Hyewon and Minju are already finished but was surprised to see the younger girl staring at her best friend. Confused, she nudged the girl beside her to get her attention.

“What?” Chaewon asked, irritated with the sudden interruption.

“Look at the other side, Minju’s..” Yena muttered peeking again at the other side. Chaewon curious with what the girl is saying stood up only to see that Minju is staring at the older girl. When she said staring, she means staring.

Chaewon looked at the two, who was oblivious to her stare. She then looked at Hyewon who was really in to teaching the younger girl who was only staring at her. Is she even listening?!?

“So, you guys good?” She said, trying to get the attention of the two. This caused Minju to stop her stare, and Hyewon to look up. The latter smirked at her and looked at Minju.

“We’re going to crush you guy, right Minju-ah?” She said as she wrapped her arms around the younger girl’s shoulder. Chaewon only raised her eyebrows as Minju looked down. If she listened that is.

“Yeah, I guess so.” Minju said quietly.

“Hey! Give me some credit here, I, the great Kwangbae, personally taught you. Show some spirit!” Hyewon shook the girl beside.

“Yeah whatever! Let’s just start this and get some lunch after. Your treat!” Yena shouted getting her game on face. Hyewon pushed herself back to her computer and started to prepare her own character. Looking at Minju who was doing the same, but was awfully quiet.

“Hey Minju-ah, let’s do our best okay? Don’t think about losing, I got you.” Hyewon smiled and turned to her screen not waiting for the other girl’s reply. Chaewon still looking at the two turned her gaze to her best friend. She then grabbed her phone to send a message.

What’s the problem?

    • Chaewonnie

Seeing her phone light up, she looked at it only to see a message from her best friend. Curious, she opened the message and sigh.

Nothing, I’m fine.

    • Minjuri

Obv. Let’s talk later.

    • Chaewonnie

“Hey stop using your phone Chaewon! The game is about to start!” This caused made the two turn their attention at their screen and indeed the game was about to start. Minju the put her phone down and looked at the older girl beside her. Feeling someone staring, Hyewon looked at Minju’s side and smiled widely.

“Let’s get the bacon Minju!” Hyewon said with determination. This made Minju smile and as she heard the game starting, she tried recalling all what Hyewon taught her. Damn, it became easier when she taught me.

“Hey! Kim Chaewon! Why were you so slow earlier? We lost!” Yena grumbled as they walk out from the establishment. Hyewon chuckled and wrapped her arms around Minju pulling the other girl near her.

“Just admit it. Minju and I are a great team!” Hyewon teased the sulking girl and looked at Minju. Grinning at the younger girl.

“Whatever! We lost because of Chaewon!”

“Hey Yena! My kills are higher than yours! What are you talking about?!” Chaewon argued back smacking the other girl. This caused a chuckle from the other two girls, still feeling an arm around her, Minju looked at Hyewon.

“Get your arms off me.” Minju warned, shrugging off the older girl’s arm. This move cause Hyewon to pout.

“Why? I want you near me.” Hyewon acted cutely, trying to wrap her arms around the girl.

“I’m going to push you, I’m not joking.” Minju threatened. Seeing that Hyewon does not care and continues to wrap her arms around, she immediately started smacking the older girl, while the latter just laugh.

Looking at the two girls behind them, Yena and Chaewon watched how the two interacted. Looking at each other, they can only sigh. Because they know how whipped their friend was for the younger girl.

“Hey, Kwangbae! Faster, we’re hungry! It’s almost past lunch!” Yena said as she walked over the two girls and pulled the older girl’s arm to walk faster. Chaewon then walked over to Minju who was still irritated at Hyewon, who gave her a flying kiss as she was being pulled by Yena.

“You’ll kill her with that glare Minjuri.”

“Exactly.”

 Scoffing, Chaewon answered. “We both know you can’t live without her.”

Which earned a shove from the other girl, Chaewon can only laugh and walk beside Minju who rolled her eyes.

“No, but seriously, let’s talk later. Okay?” Minju sighed and nodded at her best friend’s question. They then followed the two girls in front of them who were busy choosing where to eat lunch.

“Hey, Chaewon! Minju! Is pasta good? I’m craving some.” Yena asked the two, in which she earned a nod. The former then beamed at the girl beside her who was already rolling her eyes.

“Pasta it is! Let’s go!” Yena excitedly said and pulled Hyewon to entered a café. Chaewon and Minju just followed the two inside, seeing that the two are already situated at the table on the corner.

“Just order anything, but please don’t overdo it.” Hyewon begged, looking at the three but emphasizing her gaze at the little duck smiling at her wickedly. Seeing that someone was approaching them, they turned their attention only to be greeted by a familiar face.

“Kkura-unnie!” Hyewon greeted as she hugged the girl which was returned by Sakura.

“Kang-chan! I missed you!” Sakura expressed as she pulled away from the hug. Hyewon then smiled and asked the other girl.

“You’re working here?”

“You could say that, I guess?”

“You guess?” Yena questioned looking at the older girl.

“Well I’m just helping out Chaeyeon, her family owns this café.” Sakura smiled sheepishly, which earned a nod from the 4 girls. Getting a notepad, Sakura asked the 4 friends what they would like to order. As they finished relaying their order the older girl went on her way.

Chaewon then looked at Minju, and feeling someone’s stare, the latter saw how her best friend is signaling her which she understood.

“Hey, I’m just going to the comfort room alright?” Chaewon said which was followed by Minju.

“I’ll go with you.” Hyewon nodded and smiled at Minju, the two girls proceed to the comfort room.

As the two went to the comfort room, Sakura approached their table again with their drinks. Seeing that it is a slow day, she decided to talk with her friends.

“So, where’s the other two?” She asked.

“Went to the comfort room.” Hyewon said as she drank from her water. Yena asked Sakura how was the business today in which the latter beamed as if remembering something.

“Oh my God! Speaking of business, Yujin and Wonyoung came in earlier today for brunch!” Sakura answered excitedly, which earned the attention of the two. Hyewon raised her eyebrows with the statement, but was beat by Yena to ask a question.

“Really? Just the two of them?” Sakura nodded at the question.

“I think they’re already dating, to be honest. They were being extra clingy and sweet earlier I almost punched them.” Sakura chuckled remembering how the two younger girls acted earlier that day.

Yena and Hyewon’s eyes widened at the news, looking at each other. Hyewon gulped down her water quickly out of nervousness. Yena then coughed not knowing what to do with the information.

“Are you sure?” Hyewon asked the older girl, which earned a nod.

“Yeah, pretty sure. You don’t see smiles and heart eyes like that if they’re only friends.” Sakura stated.

Hyewon doesn’t know what to feel, mostly she’s worried about her roommate. She was supposed to be happy and relieve knowing that she would have a bigger chance with Minju, but she feels herself being happy. She would know that Minju would be broken by the news, and she doesn’t want that to happen. She feels irritated with how dumb Yujin was. Seriously, how can you not see that Minju likes you with all the stuttering and mess she is whenever she’s talking to you?!?

But she can’t be angry because she knows that’s just how love it. Everyone deserves to be loved and be in love, to get the happiness they want. She can’t blame the Yujin nor Wonyoung about that, because every one deserves to be happy. Huh? Every one? Really Hyewon? What about you?

Shaking out from her thoughts, Hyewon looked at the older girl and nodded. Yena looked at her worriedly but she just shook her head as if to say nothing is to be worried about.

“Unnie, don’t mention that when the other two arrives okay?” Hyewon begged the older girl, who nodded at the odd request.

“Yeah, okay. But why?” Sakura asked curiously, Hyewon looked around contemplating if she should say the reason.

“Just a Minju thing.” Yena butted in, looking behind her seeing that the two girls are already finished. Turning their heads at the direction of where Yena is looking, Sakura beamed at the two while Hyewon can only smile awkwardly. Whipping her head to look at Yena, who just shook her head. ‘They didn’t hear’ she mouthed to her best friend who can just release a relieved sigh.

Chaewon and Minju looked at the three girls as they sat down on their seats.

“Why, any problem?” Minju asked, noticing the nervous glance being exchanged by Yena and Hyewon.

“Just Hyewon asking if I could help them with her plan to prank you.” Sakura smiled innocently, saving Hyewon’s . Minju glared at her roommate who smiled at her awkwardly.

“I went away for a few minutes and you’re already planning things to ruin my day?” Minju smacked the older girl.

“Ouch! That’s not true, Kkura-unnie was just joking!” Hyewon reasoned out; looking out for help, she saw the culprit walking from their table as she was being called at the kitchen.

Lounging at the living room after a tiring day with their friends, Minju is laying down on the couch as she watches her cringe-worthy dramas. Occupying the couch for herself, Hyewon sat down on the floor leaning while she leans on the couch.

“I love you, please don’t leave me.”

“You know I won’t go anywhere else without you beside me?”

“Promise?”

“Never been so sure in my life.”

“Ughhh! For goodness sake! Change the channel!” Hyewon exclaimed trying to focus on her game but the drama was too cringey.

“Shut up! You just don’t appreciate how love feels like!” Minju retorted back still focused on the drama playing. Hyewon sat down properly and turned to look at her roommate. She stared at her roommate as she remembered what Sakura told them earlier that day. Various thoughts are running through her mind, how would Minju feel if she said the news? She never wants the other girl to be sad, knowing how Minju would probably cry at the news; Hyewon can’t help but be angry at Yujin at Wonyoung.

But she knows she can’t do anything about the two, she can’t force them not to be together. They both deserve happiness, but how about Minju? How can she be happy? Will she be okay?

These thoughts are running through the older girl’s mind not noticing that she’s still staring at her roommate. Seeing that Hyewon was looking at her with a frown and worry in her eyes, Minju faked a cough to get her attention which was successful.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Minju asked.

“Like what?”

“Like you want to… never mind.” Minju shook her head. Like you want to say something.

“Say, what would you do if you fall in love with me?” Hyewon asked suddenly, which surprised the younger girl.

“What the hell are you saying?” Minju looked at Hyewon incredulously while the latter grins at her waiting for a proper answer.

“As if that would happen.” Minju rolled her eyes and tried to watch the drama again.

“Oh, come on! I’m doing good with our deal don’t you think so?” Hyewon reasoned out. She then continued.

“I helped you on one of your subjects, which I may say are such goals. We made ice cream, which is actually perfect for our first time! I also taught you how to play online games! Knowing how slow you are, I was so patient with you! So of course, there’s this great chance that you would fall for me sooner or later!” Hyewon smiled widely at the younger girl who was only looking at her blankly.

“Hyewon, I’m going to punch you if another word comes from your mouth.” Minju answered and immediately watched the drama.

“Hey that’s not a nice thing to say!” Hyewon exclaimed. “Is that how you would treat your girlfriend?” The older girl pouted.

“Seriously, shut up. I’m trying to watch here! They’re about to kiss!” Minju kicking Hyewon slightly to not distract her from watching. Looking at the television, Hyewon rolled her eyes.

“Well, we can kiss too.” She suggested.

“What?”

“Let’s kiss.” Hyewon innocently smile. Minju looked at the older girl and ignored her suggestion as she continues to watch. This caused Hyewon to sigh. She then looked at her phone scrolling through whatever she finds interesting, masking her disappointment. She would never feel the same Hyewon. Stop it.

99-BaNgERz and a dweeb

cheyWOWN: what are you guys talking about when we were at the comfort room?

hYEYna: prank. Food. Nothing much

cheyWOWN: i’m going to kick you out of this group if you continue with that yena.

hYEYna: i’m telling d truth!!

hYEYna: ok im not sorry.

hYEYna: Kwangbae! Help me, dont put me on read!

KwangBAEE: yujin and wonyoung r together.

KwangBAEE: kkura-unnie told us earlier.

cheyWOWN: what?!? Did you tell Minju already?

 KwangBAEE: ofc not. its not my place to tell her

KwangBAEE: i dont even kno wat to do when she sees dem together as a couple

hYEYna: shldnt u be happy u wld have ur chance?

KwangBAEE: just bc yujin is alredi taken she wld magically fall in love w me

hYEYna: HEY! Wat’s up w dat?! wer’s ur spirit?

KwangBAEE: just forget it. dont tell her chaewonnie ok? It might break her.

cheyWOWN: wouldn’t she be broken either way?

 

Seeing that her roommate became quiet, Minju turned her head only to see Hyewon sigh deeply. Frowning, she’s worried if she went too far.

“Hey, you alright?” She asked the older girl who looked at her. Hyewon smiled lazily and nodded.

“Just tired, I guess.”

“You sure?”

“Never been so sure in my life.” Hyewon grinned, as she used the line from the drama making the younger girl chuckle.

“Let’s go, the drama is finished is already.” Minju stood up from the couch and stretched, she was followed by the older girl who also stood up.

The both of them walked into their respective rooms, but before Minju can enter hers, she heard Hyewon calling her.

“Hey Minju-ah.” Minju turned around to see the older girl leaning at her own door. The latter then walked over to the younger girl trapping her between the door.

Without thinking, Minju closed her eyes; Hyewon smiled and leaned closer to give the younger girl a kiss. It was nothing like before, this kiss was full of innocence. Not like before where it was heated and full of passion coming from the older girl. Hyewon softly grabbed Minju’s nape as the younger girl tightened her hold on her the doorknob.

Pulling away, Hyewon smiled and fixed Minju’s hair. She brushed her nose together which caused Minju to blush.

“If you were to ask me what I would do if ever I fall in love with you..” Hyewon said as she continued to fix the younger girl’s hair.

“I wouldn’t know how to answer.” Hyewon said, looking at Minju’s eyes she continued softly. “Because honestly, I’d do anything for you.”

Stepping back, the older girl smiled at Minju who was only staring at her.

“Goodnight Minju-ah, love you.” She turned her back and entered her own room, leaving a quiet Minju outside. Waking up from her daze, the younger girl quickly entered her own room and plopped down on her bed.

“What the was that?”

Hyewon on the other hand, slowly laid down. Looking at the ceiling, tears slowly cascaded down without her knowing. She laughs at herself wiping her tears, she turned to face her wall. You’ve put yourself in this, you should own the pain it would cause you.

DAY 7

Yesterday was uneventful for the both of them. Hyewon was pretty busy with her job and studies and same goes to Minju. But Hyewon never forgets to text and pester Minju despite the latter telling her to stop.

STOP TEXTING ME!

    • Minjuring

IM AT WORK!

    • Minjuring

Seems like u anticipate my texts for u to reply hoho

    • Kwangbae

Minju can only sigh annoyingly with how childing the older girl was. Seeing that the shop is getting new customers, she kept her phone to do her job. She saw her manager, Eunbi, looking at her and she smiled sheepishly. The older girl can only smile at the younger girl and nod her head to signal to do her job.

When Minju arrived from her shift, she did not saw the older girl lounging at the couch. Walking at the kitchen feeling thirsty, she grabbed a glass of water when she noticed something at the table. Walking over it, she saw some food covered with a note on top of it.

Hungry? You’re welcome. I’m the best no need to tell me. Went to have extra shift for a few hours, don’t wait up! You might be tired. Sleep well Minjuring! Love you!

    • Kwangbae _-

Smiling, she heated up the food knowing that it already went cold. She then pulled the note and kept it in her bag. After hearing the microwave, signaling the food is done she went to get it and sat down at the couch. As usual, turning on the television to watch some drama.

After satisfying her hunger, Minju stood up and washed the dishes. She then turned off the television and proceeded to their bathroom to wash herself before going to sleep. Checking the time, it’s already 8 in the evening when she entered her room.

She was surprised to see her favorite apple juice and some gummies on her study table. Walking over it, another note was there to welcome her.

Dessert? 😊

    • Kwangbae _-

Minju smiled at the gesture and decided to drink the apple juice since she was still full from her dinner. She went on and texted her roommate.

You’re making me fat.

    • Minjuring

Weird way of showing gratitude, but I’ll take it.

    • Kwnagbae

Minju smiled and laid down, feeling the exhaustion is catching up on her she did not realize she fell asleep. She did not hear her phone chimed with a new message.

Goodnight Minju-ah, love you.

    • Kwangbae

 

“Seriously Eunbi-unnie, she’s like a dog. Especially when she grins and act cute.” Minju gushed out to the older girl. Since it was a slow day, Eunbi decided to talk to the younger girl to catch up. Here they are, with Minju gushing about her crush on a certain girl.

Eunbi chuckled with how Minju is gushing about the girl. It’s been months when the younger girl started to develop her crush on Yujin, and it’s been months since she started hearing how the girl gushes about the taller girl.

“Minju, just confess to her! I’ve been hearing about her for months now!”

“But unnie! I might get rejected!”

“You won’t know until you try, right?”

Minju nodded with what the older girl said. Processing the advice, Eunbi looked at the younger girl. The former looked around and stood up. Minju looked at her manager only to see her cleaning up. She was about to ask when Eunbi cut her off.

“It’s a slowly day, you can end your shift now. I’ll still pay you the same, don’t worry.” Eunbi smiled softly at the younger girl. Minju nodded enthusiastically hugging the older girl as a sign of gratitude. She went to their staff room and changed her clothes, hanging her apron on her locker provided.

She then went out of the store while she said her farewell to Eunbi who waved back. Minju continued walking when she thought of what the older girl said. Should I really confess to Yujin?

Minju started to contemplate if she should confess to the younger girl, weighing the advantages and disadvantages. She thought what she would say when she’s in front of Yujin, how would the taller girl react, and if she would accept. These thoughts are swirling inside her mind when she felt her phone vibrate signaling a new message.

Food! Chicken! Please! I’ll pay back! Love you!

    • Kwangbae

Seeing the message, Minju chuckled at her roommate. She suddenly stopped walking when she remembered their deal. Our deal, what would happen with that?

Shaking her head, Minju nodded to herself. She was determined to stop their deal then and there. She would talk to Hyewon properly, hoping that the older girl would understand her. She’s planning to confess to Yujin, but first of all, she needs to stop whatever deal she and Hyewon have.

Walking to their favorite chicken shop, Minju went in line to order a take out for the both of them. It was not much crowded since it’s already past lunch. Looking around she saw someone waving at her getting her attention. She then saw Yujin smiling widely at her.

“Minju-unnie!” Yujin called as she ran towards the older girl and wrapped her into a hug. Minju can only laugh shyly slapping the taller girl to put her down. Yujin then pulled Minju away from the line.

“I want you to meet somebody!” Yujin exclaimed. Curious, she was about to asked who that person is when she saw another figure sitting with Yujin.

“Meet Wonyoung!” Yujin introduced the younger girl to her, who was only waving shyly. Minju was confused since Yujin knows that they both already know each other.

“What do you mean? We already know each other, Yujin-ah.” Minju laughed at the younger girl’s silliness. Yujin smiled widely when she answered.

“Oh, wait. Let me rephrase that!” She coughed and wrapped her arms around Wonyoung’s shoulder pulling the other girl closer. “Meet Wonyoung, my girlfriend.” Yujin said sweetly, as she gazed to the younger girl beside her.

Minju could only look at the two girls in front of her. The sound absolutely deafening, she couldn’t understand anything. She can’t really comprehend what Yujin was talking about.

‘Meet Wonyoung, my girlfriend.’

‘Girlfriend.’

‘Wonyoung’

‘Meet Wonyoung, my girlfriend.’

“ – join us, unnie?” Minju was pulled out from her thoughts only to look at Yujin who was looking at her expectantly.

“I’m sorry, what?” Minju answered without breaking her stare at how Yujin is still holding Wonyoung.

“Do you want to join us? For late lunch?” Yujin repeated smiling at her. Minju doesn’t know what to answer with the question. She’s not sure what to feel, devastated, disappointed? She then felt her phone in her hands vibrated. She opened the new message and inhaled.

“Uh, no. Sorry, I got to go. Sorry.” She stuttered an answer and quickly walked out of the store. Leaving a confused Yujin and Wonyoung standing.

Minju break into a run not caring if people find her weird. She can’t help but to cry, she’s not sure what she was feeling. She should’ve known Yujin would not look at her like that. She should have expected it, but still. It does not hurt any less. But damn, why does it have to hurt like this? Just why?

Don’t forget! CHICKEN! LOVE YOU MINJURING!!

    • Kwangbae

 

Hearing insistent knocks coming from the door, Hyewon groaned standing up. She was resting after an exhausting class, which is why she asked Minju to buy her chicken for lunch.

“Wait! I’m coming! Geez, Minju!” Hyewon exclaimed, and opened the door only to see the younger girl with swollen eyes.

“Hey! Minju! What happened?” She pulled the girl inside.

“Hey talk to me! Who made you cry?” The older girl asked worriedly, hoping for Minju to answer. But to no avail, the latter was just staring into space as if not hearing anything.

“Hey princess, tell me what happened?” She asked softly. Wiping the tears still coming out from the other girl’s eyes. No reply was made.

“Minju, come on. Look at m – “

Hyewon was cut off by a harsh kiss coming from her roommate. She was surprised by the action that it made her stagger backwards. Minju was forcing herself onto her, she felt her lips bleeding from the sudden impact of the kiss. This would cut my lips.

She tried to push the girl off, but Minju was too strong. It made her fall back at the couch, without breaking their kiss. Minju then traced her lips with her tongue, asking for entrance. But the older girl was not having it, using her strength; she pushed the girl away from her.

“Kim Minju! What are you doing?!” She exclaimed, wiping her lips. Hissing from the cut which was made earlier. She then turned to look at the younger girl who was still staring at her. Then just like earlier, Minju pounced on her and kissed her harder than the last time.

This act surprised Hyewon, which caused her to malfunction. She felt Minju bit her lower lips which made her open , seeing the opportunity the younger girl shoved her tongue into the older girl’s mouth. Hyewon could feel the tears cascading from the younger girl’s eyes.

She should feel happy that Minju finally initiated a kiss, but why does it hurt? She didn’t imagine their kiss would be like this. She never imagined a kiss would be this bitter and sad. Gathering all her remaining strength, she pushed the younger girl away from her and without thinking, a palm was connected to a right cheek.

“KIM MINJU! WAKE UP!” Hyewon angrily said, hoping her roommate could hear her.

Waking up from her own thoughts, Minju looked at her roommate; and she sees her. She sees how disheveled Hyewon looks, how swollen her lips are, and how she’s looking at her worriedly. Seeing that, she could not help but release a cry. A cry for what? A cry for help? For what she has done to her roommate? For the pain she’s feeling right now?

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I don’t know what came into me. I’m – “ Minju cried as she hugged herself.

“Hey, hey. Don’t worry. I got you. Don’t worry.” Hyewon cooed, slowly walking to the girl at the floor. She hugged the crying figure.

“Don’t worry, I got you. Let it all out. I got you.” Hyewon whispered. She hugged the wailing figure tightly, as much as she can. Hoping, praying that somehow, Minju’s pain can be transferred to her. Because God knows how much she is hurting to see the younger girl cry in her arms.

“I got you. I’m here. I got you.” She whispered and kissed Minju’s head, letting the latter cry her eyes out.

 

 ‘You don’t know how grateful I am for you.’

‘Yeah?’

‘Yeah, thank you for always being there.’

‘Anytime.’ The guy smiled sadly as she looks at the girl beside her.

Hyewon and Minju was laying in the couch together, with the younger girl leaning on Hyewon chest. They were watching a drama to past time, despite it not being Hyewon’s type, she knows Minju would want to get her mind off of everything.

Take-out boxes were sprawled all over the table in front of them and a pint of ice cream was finished. Hyewon felt the younger girl tightening her hug at her waist and turned to look at Minju, who was already looking at her.

“I’m sorry.” The younger girl muttered. Hyewon chuckled and hugged Minju, squeezing her shoulders for assurance.

“Don’t mind about it. You said sorry a million times already.”

“But I forced myse – “

“I told you, it already happened. Let’s just move on, okay?”

Minju looked at the soft eyes of the older girl, unsure if she should really move on from what she did to the latter. Seeing the troubling expression of the girl in her arms, Hyewon kissed her forehead.

“I forgive you, so stop saying sorry. Let’s move on, alright?” Hyewon smiled when she sees Minju nod, although reluctantly.

“I didn’t know it would hurt this bad.” Minju whispered. Hyewon smiled a what the younger girl said.

“Because your feelings are deeper than you thought. I think that’s kind of normal right?” Hearing no reply from her roommate, she continued.

“I think it’s kind of beautiful, that we people don’t know how deep our feelings for a person can be. Because let me tell you, I know how bad it hurts. But that’s what makes us humans. Trust me, you’ll see how it would make you a stronger person as time goes by. Because I know you. Being strong for a long time is a sign of bravery, but princess, showing your vulnerability to the world? That’s something not everyone can do.”

Hyewon sincerely said, hoping it would ease the pain of the younger girl. She then felt Minju yawn at the crook of her neck, looking at the time, it’s already 9 in the evening. They’ve been here for 6 hours already.

“Let’s go sleep?” She asked, and Minju nodded. Hyewon was about to stand up when Minju held her down.

“Can we stay like this?” Minju whispered.

Seeing that the younger girl is exhausted from all the crying earlier, Hyewon only nodded. Minju tightened her hold at the older girl and buried her face in Hyewon’s neck. Finding solace at her roommate’s scent, and safety at her embrace.

“I’ll be here as long as you need me Minju-ah.” Hyewon whispered.

“I love you.”

That was the last thing Minju heard before exhaustion caught up welcoming her into dreamland. Not aware with the tears silently flowing down on the older girl’s face, how Hyewon mildly tightened her hug on Minju. Because unlike the latter, Hyewon can’t afford to show her vulnerability to the world.