Disable

Unable. Disable. Enable

"And here we go," Baekho's said as they finally made it into Minhyun's bedroom after a strenuous climb up the stairs.

 

"Thank you, Baekho. Sorry about my leg," He said and Baekho hurriedly shook his head.

 

"No. Please don't be sorry. I'll gladly take the pain away if I could," Baekho said softly as he helped Minhyun sit down on his bed. His heart still hurt terribly that he had allowed Minhyun to get hurt despite Minhyun comforting him over and over again.

 

"Sit down," Minhyun said and Baekho did. Minhyun smiled and held his hand. "Thank you for searching for me."

 

"I... Of course I would."

 

"He threatened to hurt you if I hadn't. That's why I couldn't drag you into it..."

 

"But-"

 

"Baekho, I love you and I know you want to protect me as much as I want to protect you too but I deserve this... All the times I had stand watch and say nothing. I deserve it."

 

Baekho shook his head and squeezed Minhyun's hand. "You don't..."

 

"This is my punishment."

 

"Minhyun, please. You don't deserve to get hurt just because you were trying to protect yourself too." Baekho wrapped his arms around Minhyun and Minhyun placed a hand on his head, gently patting it.

 

"My fear only caused more people to get hurt. If I had done something earlier..."

 

"Minhyun, if you had, the police wouldn't have any evidence and Jisung would have gotten away with it again and... And he might have got you expelled," Baekho said quickly. Minhyun bit his lower lip and leaned his head against Baekho's, kissing his head gently. "I'm... I might feel guilty for being unable to do anything but I'm thankful we got out of it alive." 

 

Minhyun moved his body over to hug Baekho as well. "Could you... Stay until I sleep?" 

 

"Of course. I'll help you lay down." 

 

"Lay down with me," Minhyun said and Baekho couldn't object to it. He helped Minhyun lift his injured leg up before sliding into the bed with him. He placed an arm around him gently and stared into his eyes. Minhyun smiled and scooted closer, puckering his lips a little. Baekho blushed but leaned forward, kissing him on the lips. 

 

"I love you, Minhyun." 

 

"I love you too."

 

~~~

 

"I got your message, Aron," Baekho said as he entered one of the hospital rooms. Aron stood up and smiled, motioning Baekho to come closer to the bed where Sungwoon was seated up. Baekho awkwardly smiled at the other male who smiled thinly. "You...wanted to talk?"

 

"Yes," Sungwoon replied him. "I wanted to apologise. For everything I have done to you."

 

Baekho nervously stuffed his hands into his pockets and bit his lower lip. Sungwoon noticed his unease but couldn't blame him. It was his fault.

 

"I'm sorry. I know any apology I can say won't take back what I've done but I wanted to tell you I deeply regret helping Jisung harm you."

 

"Did Aron tell you to apologise?" Baekho asked meekly and Sungwoon pursed his lips. He shook his head. 

 

"I'm sorry if I'm not trustworthy. It's my fault. I also wanted to ask if I... I could be your friend." 

 

Baekho's eyes widened. He was surprised honestly. "Me?" 

 

"Yes. If you would be. I promise I'll do better, be better." 

 

Baekho glanced at Aron who just smiled. 

 

"I also want to try to fix my friendship... No, I want to restart anew with Minhyun too." 

 

Baekho pursed his lips. "You'll have to ask him yourself. Minhyun is my soulmate but I don't speak on his behalf."

 

"That's understandable." 

 

"I can forgive you but I'm not sure if Minhyun would."

 

"Thank you. Sincerely." 

 

Baekho smiled thinly and reached his hand out. "Promise me you won't ever hurt him again."

 

"I promise." And their hands sealed the promise. 

 

~~~

 

"How did your visit go?" Minhyun asked, smiling at Baekho from the couch in his home. Baekho shrugged and plopped down beside him. 

 

"Oh. You're back, Baekho dear?" 

 

"Ah, yes, aunty. Sorry I had to rush out like that," Baekho apologised to Minhyun's mother who just shook her head and smiled. 

 

"No worries. I'm just glad you can keep an eye on Minhyun for me since I have work." 

 

They had met the night Baekho brought Minhyun home, explaining what had happened and apologising an incessant amount of times despite Minhyun's mother forgiving him. She was glad that Minhyun's soulmate was someone forgiving and caring. 

 

"We do share some classes. It's not that bad," Baekho said and grinned. 

 

"Would you like to stay for dinner? 

 

"Ah, maybe not. My mum needs help taking care of my little brother tonight since she's going on a dinner date with my stepdad so..." 

 

"Oh why don't you bring him over too then? Minhyun's mother suggested and Baekho raised his brows. 

 

"Really?" 

 

"I don't mind."

 

Minhyun held Baekho's hand and that was all the convincing he needed to agree for dinner. "I'll go get him and come back here then." 

 

"Be careful," Minhyun said and pulled him down for a kiss on the cheek first. 

 

"Gah. Minhyun, your mum is there!" Baekho squeaked, red spreading across his cheek but Minhyun just laughed it off. She smiled and shook her head, heading back into the kitchen to prepare extra portions for dinner. "I'll text you when I'm on the way back." 

 

"En... No problem." 

 

Baekho exited the Hwang household and headed back to his own, just in time as his parents got ready for their dinner date. He relayed the situation to them and they allowed him to bring Minho over. 

 

"Baekho, we talked about it yesterday and we would like to meet Minhyun and his family if they would agree to it," Baekho's mother said to his surprise.

 

"You...want to meet them?" 

 

"Of course. He's your soulmate, Baekho. It would only be a matter of time before you two have a life of your own and we would barely meet at all," she said and Baekho nodded, packing the stuff he would need to care for his younger brother. 

 

"I'll be sure to ask them then." 

 

"Good. Enjoy yourself, honey. Don't come home too late." 

 

She placed a kiss on his head and they left. The thought of having a family with Minhyun left him all smiles.