My

Unable. Disable. Enable

"If anything happens, you can call me now," Baekho said before bading his friends farewell. He wanted to spend a little more time with Minhyun alone and Minhyun wanted the same too. Once they went their separate ways, Minhyun grinned and hugged his arm. Baekho blushed a little and coughed, heart racing now they were alone.

 

"Want to hang out at my place?" Baekho asked and Minhyun nodded. They made their way over and Minhyun had temporarily forgotten that going to Baekho's place could also mean meeting his parents until they entered his house. Minhyun was about to tackle Baekho with a hug when a cry sounded. He froze and Baekho gasped. "Oh no. Mum? Mum! Where are you?"

 

Minhyun was stunned but quickly took off his shoes to follow Baekho in while looking around his house. Baekho went to a crib and carried the little child in it. Minhyun was shocked.

 

"Y-you... That-" he stuttered and Baekho smiled as the child calmed down in his arms.

 

"Oh. Meet my little brother, Minho," Baekho said with a bright smile. Minhyun relaxed and approached the baby a little more.

 

"Hello," He said in a soft tone as to not surprise the baby who was on its finger while staring widely at the two males. He shook the child's hand as he stared at Minhyun with a surprised expression. 

 

"I think he's stunned by your handsomeness," Baekho said jokingly and Minhyun grinned. He touched the baby's cheek and cooed. 

 

"You're really cute."

 

"Oh. Oh my. Oh, Baekho. You're home and-hello there?" Baekho's mother gasped as she rushed down the steps. Minhyun stood upright and grinned nervously before he quickly bowed. 

 

"Ah. Hello, aunty." 

 

"Ah, mum. This is Minhyun, my soulmate," Baekho said flatly that both Minhyun and his mother gaped at him as he bounced the child in his arms while laughing. She stared at Minhyun who sheepishly smiled.

 

"Oh. Oh. You were the one who gave my baby boy his hearing back?" she squeaked and Minhyun nodded. "Oh. Thank you and... And welcome! Sorry I'm such a mess." 

 

"Oh no. It's fine, aunty. You must be busy. With the baby and the house," Minhyun said hurriedly and she smiled. 

 

"You're such a sweet boy. Well, make yourself at home. Baekho, get some tea or drink for our guest. Here, give me Minho." 

 

"Alright, mum." Baekho handed his brother over to his mother and headed into the kitchen. Minhyun followed him. 

 

"Your brother is...really young." 

 

"Huh? Oh yeah, he is. My mum remarried last year and my step dad wanted a child of his own blood so they had Minho." 

 

Minhyun tilted his head and stared at Baekho. 

 

"What?" 

 

"So...you have a stepfather?" 

 

"Huh? Yeah. My dad passed away when I entered junior high."

 

Minhyun nodded and thanked Baekho for the cup of tea. "My condolences." 

 

"Thanks but it was a long time ago so I got over it already," Baekho said and smiled. Minhyun nodded and followed his boyfriend out to the living room. "Speaking of which, what about you? Have any siblings?" 

 

"Just my sister but she's studying abroad." 

 

"I see." 

 

They took a seat and chatted away in their own little bubble, filling up each other's worlds more. Baekho's mother was glad that he had found his soulmate. He seemed happier than ever and that was all she wanted for her son(s). 

 

~~~

 

Days passed after that. Minhyun and Baekho's relationship became one to envy just as many relationships would be especially when they were soulmates. With small little sneaky kisses and whispered confessions or pickup lines. Even Minki would urge Jonghyun to try to be a little more cheesy like Minhyun was to Baekho. There wasn't a way to settle things between Aron and Sungwoon right now since they didn't have a single class together and Aron rather avoid the male even if he was his soulmate. 

 

"He doesn't come find me either so I guess we are both...maybe just not compatible even if we are soulmates," Aron would say to his friends' dismay. They wanted him to be happy but it was difficult. A soulmate meant someone to spent the rest of their life with, someone who would be by your side and help you through even the toughest time yet knowing who his soulmate was made it all the more tougher. Although both the couples tried their best not to be too lovey dovey in front of Aron, the oldest only felt bad as if he was stopping his friends from enjoying the time they had with their respective other. 

 

Even so, they wanted to respect Aron. 

 

"But are they still disturbing Minhyun?" Aron had asked Baekho instead. 

 

"Well, Minhyun hasn't told me if they disturb him but I don't think they have. Hopefully."

 

Baekho was also getting used to his hearing again and was glad honestly. With Minhyun's help, it was definitely easier to get used to. Aron had it better than him since it was just as if he could walk properly all over again so that was the bright side of the kiss. 

 

"Hey, Baek. You going for a date with Min again today?" 

 

"Mhmm! We are going to the library together for assignments. You guys could come too." 

 

"Doing assignments on a date? That's whack," Minki said and Baekho chuckled. 

 

"Well, we don't have much money and it's too much trouble to go too far."

 

"Well, just enjoy yourself, you two," Jonghyun said and Baekho nodded. 

 

"We will." 

 

After class ended, Baekho waited for Minhyun outside the library. He left Minhyun a text saying he would be waiting and received a reply saying that he would be late a couple more minutes. 

 

'No problem.' 

 

'Sorry. Just have to help out the teacher and I'll be right there!' 

 

'Take your time.' 

 

Baekho smiled and sighed, putting his phone back in his pocket. He stood there and tapped his books impatiently as he waited. 

 

And waited. 

 

And waited. 

 

Until a whole hour passed.