Softly

Unable. Disable. Enable

"Hey," Baekho said and Minhyun nodded, eyeing Baekho from head to toe.

"Hey... You look... Different."

Baekho looked down at his own clothes and shrugged. "Well, uh... You look incredible as always."

Minhyun covered the lower half of his face as he tried not to break into giggles. His heart was really racing like crazy. Baekho looked too good and he obviously didn't know how to control his expressions. If he thought the other had already looked good, today he just proved Minhyun wrong by looking even better. Minhyun breathed in deeply. Baekho raised a brow from Minhyun's actions.

"Are you alright?" he asked and Minhyun quickly nodded.

"I just feel like I'm about to get a heart attack," Minhyun responded and Baekho gasped.

"Do you need to see a doctor?"

"No, no." Minhyun held Baekho's hand and placed it against his chest. Baekho's eyes widened from how fast Minhyun's heartbeats were.

"Wow... Did I do that?"

"Yeah," Minhyun sighed and Baekho chuckled. He took Minhyun's other hand and placed it against his own chest. His was beating just as fast too.

"Guess we were both nervous."

"And you look absolutely gorgeous," Minhyun said, leaning closer. Baekho shut his eyes as he felt Minhyun's soft lips against him. They were both still a little nervous about being affectionate but it didn't stop them from trying. It made them both feel happy and giddy inside after all. Minhyun moved back and cleared his throat a little as Baekho opened his eyes, cheeks tainted pink. "We should get going."

"Y-yeah. Um, Minhyun?"

"Yes?" Minhyun tilted his head with a small smile.

"Would you like to go out on a date after class today?"

"I would love to."

Baekho grinned widely and nodded. They held hands and started walking to college together. They were a little conscious of the stares they received but honestly, they tried not to care too much about it. Everyone who finds their soulmates would understand it. They reached Minhyun's class first and Baekho thought to open the door for him like a good boyfriend. He pushed the door and Minhyun looked up when he heard something metallic. His first reaction was to pull his boyfriend backwards as a bucket of water came crashing down in front of them, startling the two males as they stumbled backwards onto the ground. Water splashed everywhere, drenching their pants and shoes mostly. They heard shrill laughter and Minhyun glared at the two culprits. They did this on purpose for sure. Minhyun picked up the bucket, ready to toss it back at them but Baekho grabbed his boyfriend.

"Hey, Minhyun. It's okay. Calm down," Baekho said. It was his first time seeing Minhyun agitated but knew it would probably be bad to let him go on rampage too.

"Oooh. Going to throw the bucket at me? Come on. Bet you can't aim right."

"Baekho, let go," Minhyun hissed softly but Baekho shook his head.

"No, it's not worth it." Minhyun threw the bucket onto the ground and growled at them. Baekho pulled Minhyun out from the class and into the toilet.

"I can't believe they would do something as stupid as that!" Minhyun hissed as he took out a handkerchief and furiously dabbed Baekho's face dry. Baekho thought Minhyun was being funny right now. He was clearly frustrated and wet but here he was, making sure that Baekho was dry first. Baekho held Minhyun's hand gently to stop him.

"You're poking at my face real hard."

"Ah... I'm sorry," Minhyun apologised. Baekho shook his head and took the handkerchief, drying Minhyun this time.

"Will you still be going to class? You're pretty... Wet too."

"I can't just skip class..."

"Will you be alright? They are in the same class as you," Baekho asked worriedly and Minhyun nodded.

"If they try anything, I swear I'll throw a chair at them!" Minhyun huffed angrily and Baekho laughed.

"You're so cute when you're angry," Baekho blurted out and Minhyun turned embarrassed.

"I'm not... Cute." Minhyun pouted and Baekho laughed, giving Minhyun a hug.

"If that's what you say." Minhyun took the chance to give Baekho a kiss since there was no one else in the toilet except them. Baekho smiled into the kiss and looked at Minhyun after with equally pink cheeks. "What was that for?"

"Because you're the cute one. We better get going to class or we will both be late."

"Aww... Even though I'm so cute?" Baekho asked jokingly and Minhyun flicked his forehead.

"Yah. No fair." Baekho giggled and let him go.

"Okay, okay. Let's go."

"See you after class." Minhyun kissed him again before leaving quickly. Baekho grinned and headed to class. The moment he entered his own class after making sure there was no bucket that would fall on him, he realised he had totally forgot about Aron. His friend sat between his other coupled friends and they seemed to be trying to comfort him. Baekho felt dread fill him. How could he have forgotten about Aron? He rushed up to the three of them.

"Aron, I'm so sorry! I mean, are you okay?"

Aron looked up at Baekho and he could see his friend with red tired eyes. "Hey, you're here. I'm alright. Barely hanging there."

"Sit down, dude," Minki said while pulling Baekho into the empty chair. Baekho slid into the seat just on time as the lecturer entered the class. Baekho kept an eye on his phone just in case Minhyun decided to text him or something but he also gave Aron quick glances. He looked just as upset finding out who his soulmate was when Baekho first realised who it was too but he got over it quickly since it was still someone he has had a crush on for a long time.

After class was over, he hurriedly scooted over to Aron's side.

"So... Who is it?" Baekho asked as his friend looked up at him. Minki nudged him for asking the question.

"It's one of the guys that attacked us the other day. Sungwoon was his name I think," Aron said and Baekho felt his dreaded feeling become solid. One the bullies? Out of all the other 7 billion something people who probably haven't found their soulmates, it just had to be that one?

"How did it happen?"

"I went for a drink after we parted ways yesterday. Yes, to drown my sorrow of being a loner out. I got drunk and some guys started flirting with me. He came up and did the same. Of course I wasn't in the mood to be flirted with with the same guy who hurt my friends so I fought with him and he just..."

"Made an move is what he did," Minki hissed.

"But anyways, my foot was healed and whatever his was was probably healed too. It'll only make sense if it does, right? But I freaked out, kinda punched him and ran away. Like literally ran. Then I called you," Aron continued. Baekho nodded and pursed his lips. He contemplated telling them about what happened this morning but then recalled he didn't see that guy this morning. It was just Jisung and the other dude.

"What do we do now?" Baekho asked and the rest shrugged. Obviously no one knew what they could even do. If that was really Aron's soulmate, there was just no way to change fate. Either he moves on and never be with his soulmate, replacing him with someone else or actually try to find a way to forgive and accept him.

"Let's think about it later. Come on. We will be late," Jonghyun spoke up to Baekho's confusion as they all got up from their seats.

"Late to what?" Baekho asked, obviously feeling like he had totally forgotten something.

"We promised to go watch a movie together last two weeks," Minki replied him and Baekho gasped.

"W-we did?" Baekho squeaked and the other three exchanged glances.

"Yes? Why? Do you have something on?" Aron asked. Baekho felt nervous and rubbed his neck.

"Uh... I kinda invited Minhyun out on a date today..."

"Oh. Well, you could go with him. We haven't bought the tickets yet after all."

"No, no. What if I invited him along? Will you guys be fine with that?"

"Will you and him be fine with that?" Minki returned the question and Baekho pursed his lips. He wasn't sure honestly if Minhyun would be but he didn't want to abandon his friends when he had already made the plan with them first, not that he could recall it though.

"I'll give him a call."

The very thought of being able to make phone calls now both frightened and excited Baekho. He called Minhyun and the other picked up on the second ring.

"Hi," Baekho squeaked and Minhyun let out a little laugh.

"Hi. Class over?"

"Yeah. Well, about the date... I sort of forgot that I had a prior plan with my friends. So I was wondering if you don't mind joining them. We were going to watch a movie apparently."

"Oh. Well, I don't mind. In fact, I'm already outside your class so..." Baekho looked at the door just as Minhyun poked his head in and smiled, waving at him. Baekho beamed and rushed down to get him as his friends followed behind.

"That was quick," Baekho said and Minhyun shrugged.

"My class ended a little earlier and I just made my way here slowly."

"So are you two joining us?" Minki asked and Baekho glanced at Minhyun who nodded.

"Sure."

###

Minhyun wasn't disappointed that they couldn't have their first date together alone just the two of them. No, why would he? He was finally able to spend time with people who considered him friends. They were even watching a movie together and having more fun than Minhyun had ever have with his old group who apparently loathed or ignored him now. But Baekho? He was a little sulky but he was fine since he still got to hung out with Minhyun. They held hands as they walked since Minki and Jonghyun were being particularly affectionate too. Baekho kept a close eye on Aron though who was rather quiet the entire time apart from his laughs whenever they made a joke.

"Is Aron okay?" Minhyun asked, noticing the change in Baekho's friend as well.

"Uh... Not exactly. He found out who his soulmate was yesterday."

Minhyun raised his brows in surprise. "Oh. Then why isn't he happy about that?"

"Cause its one of those guys who... Hurt us," Baekho replied and Minhyun gasped, unsure whether to feel sorry for Aron or... Exactly what.

"Is there anything we can do to cheer him up?"

"I don't know. I'm not very good at that."

Minhyun scratched his head and hummed softly. "What if... We hook him up with someone else?"

"Can you even do that?" Baekho replied his boyfriend with a little chuckle. Minhyun puffed his cheeks, realising that Baekho was teasing him about being friendless but knew he didn't mean it rudely.

"But it's sad. To know who your soulmate is but knowing that you can't be together with them because of circumstances."

"Maybe if the guy changed, it wouldn't be so bad. Maybe we should talk to him," Baekho said with a gasp. "If we can get him to change, then maybe he will stand a chance with Aron after all."

"But will Aron accept him?"

That was the question Baekho didn't have an answer to either. Even if by some miracle, Jonghyun and Minki forgave the guy, what about Aron himself? Baekho sighed and shrugged. "I don't know."

"Guys, want to go for a drink?" Minki asked. Jonghyun's answer didn't need to be heard since he would go anywhere Minki goes until he was home safely.

"I'll go," Aron said with a thin smile.

"Are you sure? You met him at a bar, didn't you?" Baekho asked worriedly. Aron shrugged and smiled.

"Can't be so bogged down by one guy, can I? Having a bad leg didn't keep me down."