Unable

Unable. Disable. Enable

The cold blade slid across his neck down to his collarbone. Jisung lifted it and Minhyun shut his eyes. Hold it in.

 

"NO!" Baekho screamed when the knife sunk into Minhyun's thigh. The tall male forced his throat to tighten, keeping his scream inside despite the pain. "You er!" 

 

Tears streamed down Minhyun's face as he tried to fight the pain and screams. Baekho turned to the other two who looked horrified as well. "How can you just watch this?! Please!"

 

"There's not much blood as I thought it would be," Jisung said nonchalantly. He pulled the knife out and Minhyun whimpered, face scrunching up in pain. Blood started to deep out from the wound. Jisung was about to inflict more pain onto Minhyun when Sungwoon moved off from Baekho. He grabbed the man by his shirt and lifted him, trying to throw him across the room but Jisung was quicker, spinning around and grabbing Sungwoon by his neck. Sungwoon fought back with a knee kick which Jisung blocked but he took a quick step forward and stabbed him in his stomach. Jaehwan and Baekho gasped. "Traitors don't get off easy."

 

Sungwoon gaped and clutched Jisung's wrist. He headbutted Jisung right on his nose, causing the male to cry out. He was about to punch Sungwoon when the door burst open and three policemen rushed in.

 

"Everyone, hands up!"

 

Jaehwan scrambled off Baekho, hands flying up. Jisung, albeit reluctant, still lifted his hands. Sungwoon collapsed, clutching onto the knife as he bled out.

 

"We need medic in here right now! You two, cuff them," the police ordered at a quick pace after he had requested for medic. The other two officers detained Jaehwana and Jisung while the other applied pressure around Sungwoon's wound. 

 

"Sir, sir, please, my boyfriend is bleeding too," Baekho pleaded the officer who turned to Minhyun who was barely conscious anymore. The officer gasped, letting Sungwoon go temporarily to cut Baekho free. 

 

"Keep pressure on his wound. We have two injured here." 

 

Baekho didn't waste a second to press down on the bleeding wound. Tears were already finding their way out from his eyes. "Minhyun? Minhyun... Wake up. Don't sleep." 

 

Minhyun gazed over to Baekho with half lidded eyes. He smiled weakly and reached up with one hand but Baekho couldn't hold him since his hands were on his leg. 

 

"Stay with me, okay?" 

 

Minhyun nodded and his eyes closed. A cold embrace pulled him into sleep. 

 

~~~

 

Baekho sat beside Minhyun, still waiting for him to wake up. He rubbed his eyes to be sure his tears had stopped spilling. The door burst open and his friends flooded the room with worried expressions. 

 

"Oh gosh. Are you alright, Baekho?" Aron asked as they immediately pulled him into a tight hug. Baekho sniffed and nodded. 

 

"I'm fine. Thank you for calling the police, Aron. I don't know what we would have done if you hadn't," He said while squeezing the three of them in return. 

 

"Those s! They deserve to go to jail for hurting you and Minhyun," Minki cursed as they broke out of the hug and made their way to Minhyun's side. 

 

"How's Sungwoon?" Aron whispered to Baekho. 

 

"He was stabbed in the stomach. The doctor said it missed his vital organs but it will still take awhile for him to heal."

 

"And Minhyun?" 

 

"The stab wasn't too deep thankfully and it didn't cut his arteries so his leg will heal in a few weeks." 

 

"Thank god..." 

 

Baekho nodded and held back his tears. 

 

"What about you?" Aron gently rubbed his arm to comfort him. 

 

"I'm so pathetic," Baekho sobbed. "Even though I saw him hurt, I couldn't bring myself to hurt them."

 

"Baekho, don't be so harsh on yourself," Aron said and hugged him. Baekho cried again, unable to forgive himself for doing nothing to help his soulmate. It crushed his heart. 

 

"I should have done something. I could have. But I couldn't."

 

Jonghyun patted his back and Minki didn't know what to say either. 

 

"How will I face Minhyun like this? I was unable to do anything. I-" 

 

"Baekho." 

 

Baekho froze when he heard Minhyun's voice. He looked up at the male whose eyes had opened. He let out a long whimper and Aron brought him over to Minhyun's side. 

 

"Minhyun... I'm so sorry. I.." 

 

"Silly, look at you. Crying until your eyes are all puffy," Minhyun said and tried to sit up. Baekho immediately helped him but instead of sitting up, Minhyun pulled Baekho into a hug instead. "I'm so glad you're alright. Don't ever do that again." 

 

Baekho gritted his teeth and cried softly into Minhyun's shoulder. "You got hurt more than me. How can you say that?" 

 

"Because I don't want you to get hurt. You don't deserve to get hurt," Minhyun said firmly even though he felt like crying as well. He clutched onto Baekho tightly and looked at the rest. He smiled to them weakly and they returned his smile. 

 

"We are glad that you're both still alive," Jonghyun said and Minki nodded. The door opened and a police officer entered along with a nurse. 

 

"Oh. You're awake. Do you mind telling us what happened?" the officer asked. "We need to take a statement from you. And you too." 

 

Minhyun slowly let go of Baekho and leaned against the headrest. Baekho held his hand. 

 

"Of course, I will tell you everything." 

 

Minhyun grasped Baekho's hand tightly as he started to tell the officer everything. Every little detail from the first time he had witnessed Jisung's bullying for himself all the way up to the current one and how he always got away with it because he was the principal's son. Minhyun pulled out his phone and let out a relieved breath when he found the recording of their conversation earlier. The entire thing was recorded. Baekho couldn't help but feel amused and proud of his boyfriend for having done such a thing despite it being so sudden. Although he wished he could have done something more, the police had said it was better that he hadn't since it meant Baekho was purely a victim in this case and wouldn't be charged for anything even though he couldn't say how things might turn out for Jaehwan, Jisung and even Sungwoon.