Day Twelve

Love From Afar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Irene snuggled into the warm embrace of the younger woman intertwining her arms around the right arm of the intern that ran across her waist.

 

Wendy half opened her eyes to read the alarm clock that shone in the darkness.

 

"2am," she whispered.

 

"Shhhh," Irene rolled over to face her and placed her index finger on the blonde's lips.

 

Wendy pecked the finger.

 

Irene giggled as she pulled her finger away.

 

She sat up and wagged her finger in the intern's  face, "Oh no you don't as we agreed to become intimate after you take me out on a proper date."

 

Wendy smiled as she playfully grabbed the meteorologist by the shoulders and flipped her to lay on the mattress as she decorated her smooth neck with kisses.

 

Irene lightly hit Wendy's abs to stop as the lovers broke apart to catch their breath from laughing.

 

The raven hair woman adjusted her pillow, "C'mon let's sleep until the alarm goes off because this is the best sleep I've ever had."

 

Wendy repositioned her body and extended her left arm for Irene to lay on.

 

"Okay," Wendy answered with a warm smile.

 

Irene returned the same smile as she leaned in to kiss the younger woman.

 

"I'm so happy you are here with me," the meteorologist said as she cradled her head into the blonde's shoulder blade.

 

Wendy threaded her fingers through the silky, smooth hair of her girlfriend, "Me too."

 

The room grew quiet except for the sound of snow flurries hitting the window.

 

 

 

3 hours later, the alarm disrupted the peaceful silence of the bedroom.

 

Irene hit the off button forgetting that today was Saturday which meant her day off and Wendy's too.

 

She cracked open one eye to read the clock, "5am......too early."

 

She threw the blanket over her head and nuzzled her face into the dip of the blonde's collarbone. Irene inhaled a deep breath of Wendy's perfume as her eyes become heavy again. Just before she fell back asleep she felt light rubbing on her back. The meteorologist grinned as she slowly drifted to dreamland.

 

A few hours later, Irene woke to a cold feeling as she reached to the right side of the bed but found it empty.

 

"Did she leave?," Irene asked rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She stretched and ruffled her hair as she dragged her tired body to the bathroom to wash up. The older woman paused midway down the hall as the aroma of waffles, freshly brewed tea, sizzling bacon, and the sound of a knife spreading butter on toast caught her attention.

 

She ran into the bathroom to freshen up and apply make-up.

 

As Irene tried to exit the bathroom undetected, she spied Wendy rearranging the tableware on a wooden tray to serve her breakfast in bed. The door was slightly opened as the meteorologist blushed and smiled at how lucky she was to find the partner she spent four failed relationships searching for.

 

"Could I be falling in love?"

 

The question rang in her head as she backed away from the door with her hand clenching her chest as she rapidly inhaled and exhaled. It was as if a foreign feeling took over her body and the raven haired woman didn't know how to react.

 

"But it's too early to fall in love," she reasoned as the relationship was brand new.

 

The meteorologist peeked through the crack in the door to watch the intern retrieve a single purple lilac from her duffle bag and a small glass vase to set the flower in.

 

Irene grabbed a tissue from the sink to dab her eyes that became glossy with tears.

 

"Such a warm-hearted Wendy," she muttered.

 

After Wendy filled the vase with water, she lifted the tray to walk to her girlfriend's bedroom but groaned when her phone buzzed from inside the duffle bag.

 

"What now! It's my day off!," the blonde complained scrolling through her unread messages.

 

What are you up to this weekend?

 

Sejeong wrote planning to spend time with her best friend if she wasn't busy.

 

Spending my Saturday with my girlfriend!

 

Wendy smirked before tapping the send button.

 

The majority of her off days from school and work were spent with her best friend if she was available. 

 

"To think only less than a month into an internship and I'm involved in a relationship with the woman I fantasized about 2 years ago," Wendy thought with a big smile on her face.

 

So happy for you and enjoy your romantic weekend! 😍😍😍

 

Wendy snickered at the teasing message her best friend sent.

 

As the blonde was preoccupied with texting, the older woman slipped out of the bathroom and tiptoed to her bedroom. Irene quietly shut the door and settled back into her bed.

 

The door creaked open and Wendy whispered, "Irene.....are you awake?"

 

Irene's eyelids fluttered to the sound of silverware shuffling, dishes clattering, and the small footsteps on the wooden floorboards. She buried her face in the pillow to hide how excited she was of her girlfriend surprising her with breakfast in bed.

 

Irene shot up and grab the cheeks of the intern and planted a soft kiss on her lips. Wendy's eyes bulged and the tray of food almost slipped out of her hands.

 

Both women laughed as the blonde set the tray on the side table by the bed.

 

"Breakfast in bed? I believe you're spoiling me too much," Irene said as she caressed Wendy's cheek.

 

The intern pecked her girlfriend's lips, "There isn't anything I won't do for my girlfriend."

 

Irene groaned, "Does the greasiness ever stop?"

 

Wendy smiled as she pecked the meteorologist's lips again, "Nope."

 

Laughter filled the room.

 

Irene pushed the blonde off of her, "Let's see how you topped yourself from your first breakfast cuisine. I must say it will be hard to do."

 

The raven hair woman adjusted her silk robe as she strutted to the side table to inspect the food.

 

Wendy chuckled as she laid on her side with her head resting against her hand directing heart eyes at her girlfriend.

 

"I hope you like it," yawned the younger woman rubbing her eyes.

 

"Of course I will considering you sacrificed sleeping in so you could prepare breakfast for me," Irene said blowing the blonde a kiss.

 

Wendy playfully caught the kiss and clenched her chest like she was storing it in her heart.

 

"Such a flirt," remarked Irene as she cut the waffle into smaller pieces. She placed a forkful of strawberry flavored waffle into and squealed with delight.

 

"Mmmhmmmm baby this tastes so good," purred Irene.

 

Wendy chuckled, "C'mon you can be honest with me if you hate it so don't be afraid to say so."

 

Irene rolled her eyes, "You are a great cook so why doubt your abilities?"

 

The blonde wiggled her eyebrows, "I never said I was a horrible cook I just want you to praise my great cooking skills."

 

Irene was in the middle of sipping her tea when she spat out her drink upon hearing her girlfriend's ridiculous statement.

 

Wendy's mouth hung open, "Didn't know you were such a messy eater." The blonde ran to the hallway closet to fetch the Swiffer mop to clean the wet spot on the floor.

 

Irene grabbed the collar of Wendy's top and planted a hard kiss on the younger woman's lips.

 

The lovers separated gasping to catch their breath.

 

"What was that for?," Wendy asked scratching her head in confusion.

 

Irene shrugged, "Do I need a reason to kiss my girlfriend?"

 

The blonde blushed, "No you don't."

 

Irene smirked as she connected her lips with the younger woman's.

 

"Why don't you shower while I eat my breakfast and afterwards we can plan our day off together," Irene instructed as she left fluttering kisses all over the intern's face.

 

"O-okay," Wendy replied in a small voice as she walked backwards toward the bathroom never taking her eyes off of the meteorologist.

 

Irene smiled as she waved her hand in the direction of the bathroom. Wendy stumbled over her own feet walking backwards out of the bedroom.

 

Irene snickered as she took a bite of the crispy bacon. 

 

"What to do today?," Irene thought munching on her breakfast. "Maybe do a walking tour of a museum to admire the new contemporary art pieces or take a crafts class like pottery."

 

The famous scene from the movie "Ghost" appeared in the meteorologist's head.

 

Her lips curled imagining herself sitting behind the blonde as she molds the clay into a pot. But her mood dampened when she realized both women lived in a conservative country were same attraction is forbidden.

 

"Only a fantasy," Irene mumbled as she leaned against the window frame watching the snow flurries cover the city view in white.

 

"No harm in staying inside today," Irene shrugged for she wasn't a fan of cold, wet weather.

 

The older woman sipped tea and admired the scenery outside while waiting for her girlfriend to finish showering.

 

She turned as she heard footsteps to see Wendy standing in the doorway with a toothbrush in hand.

 

"I'm finish if you want to use the bathroom it's open," Wendy said as she straightened the bed sheets on her side of the bed.

 

Irene laced her arms around Wendy's waist and rested her head on the blonde's back.

 

"What would you like to do today?," the older woman asked as she rubbed her head in the curve of the blonde's spine.

 

Wendy gulped as she didn't have a plan to go anywhere for she considering seeing the inside of the famous weather woman's penthouse an achievement she believed would never happen.

 

The blonde stood up straight and wrapped her arms around Irene's waist.

 

 

"But here I am," the younger woman said in her head smiling as she ran her hand along her girlfriend's jawline. 

 

Wendy leaned in to connect her lips with the meteorologist but was shoved away.

 

"Sorry baby but let me brush my teeth first," Irene said as she swayed her hips toward the bedroom door.

 

Wendy chuckled, "Sure I'll wait."

 

The raven hair woman seductively dropped her silk robe to the floor and wiggled her eyebrows.

 

"Such a tease," snickered the intern.

 

Irene ran away letting her laughter echo in the hallway. 

 

The blonde decided to keep her mind occupied as her girlfriend showered by browsing through social media. Wendy walked to the kitchen to grab her phone from her duffle bag and settled into the comfy sofa. She was in the middle of reading the weather cancellations of upcoming field hockey games, when a notification popped up from Twitter according to her search history.

 

The blonde was scrolling through amateur modeling shots of an account by the user named #imyourjoy. 

 

Wendy was speechless by the close-up shots of red full lips, smooth long legs, exposed cleavage, and long, flowing hair blowing in the wind.

 

"Joy? The intern?," Wendy asked herself shocked to still be speechless by the younger woman's beauty.

 

"Can't compare to Irene," she huffed closing the app.

 

She jumped 10 feet in the air when Irene locked her arms around her neck from behind.

 

"WOW YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!," Wendy remarked as she steady her rapid breathing.

 

Irene laughed, "What were you looking at?"

 

Wendy started stuttering and she placed her phone face down next to her.

 

"S-school s-sports......and that's it," Wendy finished scratching the back of her neck.

 

Irene squirted her left eye pretending to be suspicious but smiled instead as she kissed the younger woman's cheek.

 

"You're too easy to pick on," the meteorologist teased as she strolled over to the kitchen. She pulled out a cutting board from the bottom cabinet and walked to the refrigerator to gather some fresh fruit to dice. The intern took a seat on a stool at the kitchen counter to observe her girlfriend in action.

 

"I guess next time I decide to cook you breakfast I should include fresh fruit again," Wendy smirked as she drank her orange juice.

 

Irene shook her head in amusement, "No that's not why I'm cutting fruit, it is actually for a health drink." The raven hair woman added baby spinach, flax seed, dice pineapple, banana, sliced strawberries, blueberries, and 3 cups of water into a blender and pushed start.

 

The spinning of the blades chopping the ingredients rang throughout the kitchen.

 

Once the older woman was satisfied with puree texture of the drink, she poured it into two glass cups. 

 

"Try this drink and gave me your honest opinion," Irene said as she took a small sip. She found it humorous how her girlfriend stared at the glass, inspecting the mud-like appearance and she held the glass to her nose to sniff the drink.

 

The meteorologist almost spit out her drink again by watching Wendy take her time before trying the health shake. 

 

"I suggest you drink up before my Pilates instructor arrives," Irene said with a wink.

 

The blonde swallowed a big gulp of the liquid, "Are you teasing me or are you serious? You want to spend your day off exercising?" 

 

Wendy's eyes bulged as the flavor of the drink hit her tastebuds.

 

"Mmmmm this is very good!," the younger woman remarked swallowing another gulp of the liquid.

 

Irene propped her elbows on the counter top, dangling the glass from her hand.

 

"Glad you like it and yes I'm serious that my Pilates instructor will be here in 25 minutes for my usual Saturday morning class. Would you like to join me?"

 

The raven hair woman cocked her eyebrow waiting for an answer.

 

Wendy swallowed nervously, "Well where are we exercising? Here in the living room?"

 

Irene laughed, "No silly! I have my own workout studio in the penthouse." She caressed the intern's cheek before carrying the empty glasses to the sink to wash.

 

The blonde sat for a minute perplexed by the realization she spent two nights at her girlfriend's penthouse and yet she didn't see the entirety of the expensive structure.

 

Wendy cleared , "I was wondering if you could give me a tour of your place today."

 

The meteorologist was scrubbing the glasses when she paused from the statement.

 

"Oh what am I thinking? Here I am inviting my girlfriend to spend the night with me and I didn't bother to show you my entire penthouse. Can you forgive me Wendy?"

 

Irene dried her hands with a dish towel and linked her hands with Wendy.

 

Wendy rubbed Irene's knuckles, "I'll let it slide this time."

 

The lovers broke into laughter.

 

The blonde rounded the counter with her hands connected to Irene.

 

"C'mon follow me as I show you the large and somewhat empty place I live in," Irene chuckled as she led the way down the corridor to a white wooden door.

 

"It might be large and empty but it is more acceptable than my tiny, cramp apartment," Wendy blushed in embarrassment fearful of how her girlfriend will react to her living situation.

 

The raven hair woman placed a soft kiss on Wendy's lips and the younger woman moved to the rhythm trying to prolong the kiss.

 

The women broke apart to stare into each other's eyes. 

 

Irene played with Wendy's fingers, "How big or small your apartment is doesn't matter to me. All that matters is that we feel the same way about each other."

 

Wendy smiled, "Okay."

 

"So this is my home workout studio!," the older woman announced opening the door to show a large room with floor length mirrors on every wall, a high ceiling, bright LED lights on all four corners, a string of pink lights around the mirrors, and a shiny, polished wooden floor.

 

The floor creaked as the girlfriends walked across the floorboards.

 

"Wow! The closest I've seen a dance studio similar to this is on social media," Wendy remarked inspecting the room with open in amazement.

 

Irene smirked and crossed her arms.

 

"Don't tell me it was on a profile page of an Instagram model?," she teased.

 

Wendy gulped as she recalled the incident from earlier by almost getting caught browsing Joy's profile.

 

"I-II w-well you see.....," she stuttered as Irene leaned in closer to understand every word.

 

The blonde jumped as the doorbell sounded from the entrance.

 

Irene laughed, "I was only teasing you baby. You are really jumpy today. That is my instructor but if you want to we can talk about whatever is bothering you later?"

 

Wendy adjusted her shirt and shook off her nervousness, "No it's alright, I'm fine."

 

Irene stared at her for a minute while rubbing her arm, "Are you sure?"

 

"Yes," the intern replied in a small voice.

 

Irene left the studio to answer the door and Wendy took the opportunity to delete her search history from her phone. She slapped her forehead remembering she left her phone on the sofa in the living room.

 

"Damn it! Maybe later!," she said pacing back and forth. The image of an angry Irene stalking the news studio after witnessing Joy flirt with Wendy appeared in her mind.

 

"I don't plan on spending my day off upsetting my girlfriend," she mumbled.

 

The blonde fiddled her fingers as the door opened to reveal a stunning blonde woman a few inches taller than Irene.

 

She smiled at Wendy, "You must be my new student for today's class? My name is Hyoyeon and I will be your instructor today."

 

She extended her hand for Wendy to shake.

 

"Hi my name is Wendy," the intern shyly answered as she shook the instructor's hand.

 

Irene entered the room and quietly shut the door.

 

Hyoyeon chuckled, "You're right Rene, she is a cutie!"

 

Wendy's eyes bulged and she pointed to herself, "Who me?"

 

Irene laughed as she held her girlfriend by the shoulders, "Yes, you!" She poked the younger woman on the tip of her nose.

 

Wendy twisted her face in annoyance.

 

Hyoyeon laughed, "Really cute!"

 

She placed her gym bag on the floor while Irene was stretching her arms and legs.

 

Wendy stood frozen in place hoping that the exercise regimen wasn't too intense that she could keep up with both women. She exercised regularly for field hockey with plenty of cardio as she had an impressive physique to show for it. The blonde wondered if she might get easily distracted by the beautiful women working out in the same room.

 

Her jaw hit the floor as Hyoyeon helped Irene stretch her leg out in midair.

 

Hyoyeon glanced at Wendy, "I know it looks like it hurts but I'm here to walk you through it and to make sure the exercise is done properly."

 

Wendy slowly shook her head as stayed agape.

 

Irene and Hyoyeon looked at each other and laughed.

 

 

 

 

Two hours later, Wendy laid on the floor covered in sweat, breathing hard, guzzling water, and her whole body ached.

 

Irene entered the studio after sending Hyoyeon off and stared at her exhausted girlfriend from the doorway.

 

She snickered, "You remind me of how I was after my first class, my muscles were sore and I swore I would quit exercising."

 

Wendy wiped her face with a towel, "Sounds about right!"

 

Irene chuckled as she lowered to the floor to straddle the younger woman's waist.

 

The blonde propped herself up on her elbows but Irene pushed her down to the floor again.

 

Irene leaned close to whisper in Wendy's ear, "I find it so attractive how tired and defenseless you are right now for it means I have all the control." She nibbled on her girlfriend's earlobe.

 

Wendy's eyelids fluttered as she enjoyed the tingling feeling traveling through her body. As Irene pulled away, the blonde smashed her lips on ruby red ones of the meteorologist for intense make-out session.

 

Irene ran her manicured nails along the sculpted smoothness of the intern's abs. Wendy was busy caressing the silky softness of the meteorologist's toned legs.

 

Wendy inserted her tongue as she slyly squeezed Irene's . 

 

She squeaked, "Oh I see.....getting payback aren't you?"

 

Wendy broke the kiss and shrugged her shoulders, "Maybe."

 

The room filled with laughter.

 

Irene stood up but reached out her hand for her girlfriend to take.

 

"Let's wash this sweat off and change our clothes," she said as she inspected the sweat stains on her shirt.

 

The younger woman gulped picturing the two lovers taking a shower together.

 

Irene patted her cheek, "I know what you are thinking you dirty girl and maybe the next sleepover you will get lucky."

 

The meteorologist seductively swayed her hips to the doorway, tilted her head to wink, and walked away.

 

Wendy chuckled, "She is worth the wait." The younger woman was a bundle of nerves whenever her girlfriend suggested staying the night at her place anticipating it could be the night she loses her ity. She was filled with excitement but also dread fearing the older woman would be disappointed in her lack of experience.

 

"Next time before a sleepover I need to rewatch "Bending The Boss," she reasoned as she gathered her duffle bag and walked to the second bathroom to shower.

 

The blonde opened the door next to the dance studio, "Nope it's the laundry room."

 

She shut the door and tried the door next to it.

 

The room the intern entered was a spare bedroom.

 

"This must be the guest room," she said as she scanned the interior to find a queen size bed with two silver pillows, three silver decorative pillows, and a purple duvet comforter on top.

 

A gray recliner chair in the corner, two mahogany night stands on either side of the bed, two table lamps sitting on the night stands, 84 inch purple drapes covering the window, a 50 inch flat screen TV anchored to the wall, and a mahogany TV stand placed underneath it.

 

"Wow impressive!," Wendy remarked recalling how if Sejeong stayed at her apartment for the night, Wendy would sleep on the sofa and offer her best friend her bed.

 

She chuckled remembering how the two friends would always argue about the sleeping situation for Sejeong felt bad for making Wendy sleep on the sofa in her own apartment. But Wendy always won as she wanted her guest to feel comfortable in her home besides they were only a few feet apart from each other. The best friends would talk about school, upcoming social events, new music to download, and new shows to stream.

 

Wendy smiled reminiscing about the good times spent with Sejeong.

 

She closed the door to the guest room and opened the door next to it and flicked on the light switch.

 

The lights illuminated a medium size bathroom with gray tile on the shower wall, a fuzzy purple bath mat, bright LED bulbs above the mirror, a glass shower door, and gray walls.

 

"Unbelievable....," Wendy gasped reminding herself to scrub her bathroom down once she returned home.

 

She stripped her smelly, sweaty clothes and entered the shower.

 

 

 

 

Irene was drying her hair with a towel walking around the living room contemplating whether to channel surf to waste time for Wendy to finish.

 

She remembered she left a novel she was reading in her bedroom and she spun on her heel to get it but paused when she heard a vibrating sound from the sofa.

 

She leaned over while still drying her hair to observe Wendy's phone laying there with the light in the top corner blinking with a new notification alert.

 

The sound of running water from the guest bathroom traveled down the hallway to reassure Irene that the blonde was occupied.

 

Irene paced back and forth biting on her thumb nail debating whether to cross the line and snoop through her girlfriend's phone and possibly risk upsetting her. This one action could have long term consequences like a lost of trust. But there are so many unanswered questions the lovers had for one another.

 

"Is Wendy close with her parents?"

 

"Where do they live?"

 

"Does Wendy live in Seoul or is it a temporary solution while attending university?"

 

"Is Sejeong her only close friend or does she have more?"

 

"Is she out to her parents?"

 

Irene swallowed the lump in as she pictured her mother going into a rage after discovering her daughter is a lesbian.

 

She imagined her mother making an unannounced visit to her penthouse to open her bedroom door to find Irene and Wendy in bed together. Her mother's eyes bulged and she shrieked in horror. The girlfriends scrambled to leave the bed, Wendy fell to the floor to grab her clothes and ran for the door. Her mother watched Wendy in disgust until the front door slammed shut. Irene pulled the sheet to her chin as her mother screamed profanities at her. Tears streamed down her face at the realization that her mother despised her and cut her out of her life.

 

The meteorologist stared into space picturing how her family would react to the secret she has been keeping. 

 

Her eyes filled with tears and she was lost in thought she didn't take into account her girlfriend entered the living room.

 

"Wow the water pressure is great in the guest......," Wendy started to said but stopped when she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter