Chapter 2.

Please Stay(with me)

 

Heejin was sleeping peacefully before a sudden loud crash had jolted her awake. Heejin quickly rubbed her eyes and looked towards the crash which was from her kitchen, maybe Heejin had forgotten she had a half cat half human in her house for when she saw that she was on top of her kitchen counter knocking things over with her hand, she had a heart attack. Heejin had to slap herself to snap out of her trance, she quickly got up and rushed towards her kitchen. The girl was caught off guard by the human running towards her and jumped off the counter and landing on her feet before getting on all fours and running off to where seems to be the living room.

Heejin froze, did she just run on all fours? She looked like she did, was she delusional? Who was she kidding, she has a freaking hybrid in her house. Heejin picked up all the things the girl had knocked over the counter, this was the only time she was thankful she was broke and only got cheap equipment to any of the ones that had been shattered, Heejin swiftly cleaned up the place, having been used to cleaning her entire house since she moved in by herself.

Once Heejin had finished, she then turned to where she would be faced with a big problem. Heejin sighed before carefully making her way towards the living room, she saw the girl was curled up in a corner, probably afraid. Heejin slowly inched closer, not wanted to evoke any unwanted actions.

"H-Hey.." Heejin stuttered. Heejin has to admit she wasn't always the best with pets, let alone animals, so she has no idea what to do with her, she technically still human right? Should be fine, right?

Heejin saw the girl stiffen in her curl, she heard a small growl, Heejin started to panic, her mind started to malfunction as she frantically looked around for any help.

"Look, I mean no harm!" Heejin up her hands up in surrender, only receiving a confused look back. Heejin unconsciously took a step forward, making the girl flinch.

"Aeong!!" Was the first sound the girl had finally made, Heejin was confused, she didn't talk proper words, however, Heejin couldn't find the fact her heart did mini flips in finding how cute the girl had looked.

'Stop it Heejin! You're such a creep!' Heejin mentally slapped herself. Due to the big slap, Heejin's mind was finally able to come up with an idea, she quickly turned her heels and ran towards the kitchen, a way to a girl's heart must be her stomach right? She must be hungry. Heejin scanned around her kitchen and grabbed the nearest food in her kitchen. Bread. Good enough. She needed to finish it before it goes bad in a few weeks anyway. She took out a slice and ran back towards the girl. She slowed down her pace, getting on her knees to get on the same level as her and held the bread carefully in front of the girl who was eyeing her fearfully. 

The girl looked back and forth, between Heejin and the bread. Heejin nodded softly and brought the bread closer, in mere seconds, the girl's eyes lit up, she slowly crawled towards Heejin's extended arm, she opened and bit apart of the bread off. Heejin watched in awe as the girl chewed the bread. Again, to Heejin, she looked stunning. Now that finally, Heejin could see her eyes, it took her breath away. Heejin had never seen such eyes that shines so brightly in the sunlight, she felt like she was staring at a piece of perfectly well-done art, which was certainly hard to come by. But this, this girl, this hybrid. Was the exact definition, of perfect.

Heejin observed the way the girl's lips curved up into a small smile, it looks like she likes it. Heejin's heart almost skipped a beat as she saw the girl inching closer to her, leaning in to bite another piece of the bread she was still holding. Heejin secretly cooed at the sight, how could she not? She looks so adorable. Heejin's brain sparked again as she suddenly remembered something, she carefully set the bread on the floor she had just cleaned this week and went back to the kitchen, grabbing a plastic cup and filling it up with water and proceeding back to the living room.

Heejin stopped in her tracks however, it was a weird sight, to say the least. There was the girl, bending down in an uncomfortable position, trying to eat the bread off the floor. Heejin was very confused, wasn't she human as well? She definitely looked the part, but is her mind human? Heejin moved towards the girl. When she noticed Heejin's presence, she sat up and stared at Heejin, a small pout forming on her lips. Heejin did the best to hold in the urge to pinch her cheeks, instead, she smiled, she sat down in front of the girl again, placing the cup down and grabbing the bread off the floor and lifting it up towards the girl. The girl smiled widely as she bid down on the bread.

Heejin found her smile beautiful, heck, her entire existence is pure beauty itself, Heejin must have struck pure jackpot to be able to meet this beauty considering how horrible her luck was. They sat in comfortable silence, Heejin warmly watching the girl eat the bread, she can see from her eyes that she wasn't as scared as she was before, perfect. She needed this girl to be comfortable with her.

Once the bread was finished, Heejin held the cup up for the girl, the said girl looked at the cup, and then her hands, her hands were in fits, confusion clearly displayed on her face as she held up both arms and tried to grab to the cup while her hands were still closed. Heejin was right, she may not be human in mind. The girl tried her best but ended up tipping the cup out of Heejin's grasp and falling on the floor with the water splashing everywhere. Heejin sighed, looking at water as it flowed further on the floor, Heejin instinctively got up to go the cabinet in the kitchen, grabbing a mop and went to wipe the spill up.

"Aeong..." Heejin heard the softest meow that had come from her, she whipped her head towards the girl only to be greeted with a rather heartbreaking sight, the girl saw there, staring at Heejin, with a very sad expression, it displayed guilt and sadness. Heejin's heart stung, thankfully, Heejin knew what to do. She swiftly finished up cleaning the mess and placed the mop back into the cabinet and closing it, she grabbed a bowl this time and filled it up with water again. Trying not to spill the water again, she went towards the girl and sat in front of her and presented the bowl for the girl, the said girl eyed around it before lifting her head towards the bowl and sticking out her tongue, the water. 

"Aeong!" She let out again as she dove into the water and drinking it (by drinking I meant the water.), Heejin found this scene odd, but she set aside that thought for now and focus her attention on top of the girl's head. Her cat ears were standing tall, it looks fluffy, too fluffy. It was hard for Heejin to resist the urge to touch them, pet them. So Heejin decided to try an experiment, it could either go well or go horribly wrong.

As the girl was still busy drinking, Heejin extended her arm up and lightly touch the top of her head, Heejin felt the girl froze and stiffen, she quickly started patting the top of her head softly, Heejin was relieved when the girl relaxed and continued drinking. Heejin assumed she liked the patting since there was no protest, no sudden action of hatred or fear. Heejin finds this girl unpredictable, fragile. One wrong move can cause her to break, she would never know what the girl would do next. Speaking of her, Heejin never got her name, if she had one that is.

After a few seconds, the girl leaned back, indicating she was no longer thirsty. Heejin set the bowl down but her hand was still in her air, she was about to lower it when the girl's next actions caused her heart to beat rapidly. The girl quickly ducked down under Heejin's hand, making her hand land on the top of her head, Heejin's hand moved instinctively when it felt the contact of her hair. Heejin thought she was too cute, too adorable to resist, the temptation to hug her tight was high since she was just too cute. Heejin smiled fondly, seeing the girl enjoying her touch, Heejin decided to take it a bit further, she moved her pats behind her ears, she started to scratch lightly. Heejin never expected her response, the girl was purring loudly, closing her eyes, her body twitching slightly. 

Heejin was finally thankful for wasting her sleep time by watching pet videos on Youtube, it finally paid off, she has a cat now, half a cat. Heejin moved her hand down towards the girl's chin, scratching it lightly as well, the girl started to purr louder, inching closer to Heejin. Heejin thinks she's bonding with her, she could feel she was rather comfortable with her now than way before. Heejin never thought her life would ever come to these kinds of situations, ever. Yet here she is, but she ain't complaining. She loves this.

Heejin was still scratching the girl's chin, occasionally going lower. In honesty, she still has no idea what she was doing, but the girl was still purring so she assumed she was doing well. Heejin was going lower when she suddenly felt something off around her neck, it felt like plastic. Heejin grabbed it softly, not wanting to harm the girl, by then, the girl had opened her eyes and looked at Heejin, confused to why she stopped. Heejin examined the object, it was a tag, she turned the plastic around and the tag was soon revealed to her. Heejin pulled it carefully towards her to read it.

[Subject name: Kim Hyunjin
 Subject number: #212365
 Birthdate: Nov 15, 2000
 Experiment results: Successful
 Control: Failed]

Heejin's eyes grew wide, her jaw dropped. This girl, Kim Hyunjin, was a test subject. Heejin could only guess she had escaped, eyeing the ragged and torn clothes she wore. Hyunjin, Kim Hyunjin. The name fits her, beautiful name for a beautiful but poor girl. Heejin felt sorry for Hyunjin, she reached up to her head, Hyunjin reacted accordingly, closing her eyes and leaning towards Heejin. Heejin felt Hyunjin bump her head against her, Heejin read somewhere it was a good thing. Hyunjin then started to sniff Heejin, inhaling her scent and memorizing it. Hyunjin leaned onto Heejin, finding great comfort in her.

"Hyunjin..." Heejin whispered softly but loud enough for her to hear. Heejin may have regretted speaking her name when Hyunjin leaned away from Heejin and stared at Heejin intensely.

"T-That's your name, right? Hyunjin?" Hyunjin nodded her head softly, confused.

"Wait, you understand me?" Heejin asked, Hyunjin nodded in response again. Heejin smiled brightly, she was relieved, at least she understood her.

"I'm going to try to take good take of you Hyunjin. You no longer have to be in that lab again," Heejin reassured, hearing those words, Hyunjin smiled brightly, crawling towards Heejin and snuggled against her. 

"Aeong," Hyunjin let out, snuggling into Heejin's chest. Heejin her head and lightly scratch the back of her ears. If this was what she gets when taking care of a cat that she has no knowledge of how to care for an actual cat, then she better start learning.

Damn, now she needs to find a job again.

 

___________________________________
Author's note:

Had been busy with work so I couldn't really update. Sorry if it's rather short.